Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Schiff nails it:

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1176874772736749569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

theflyingorc posted:

actually you'll find this exonerates him a whole lot

Dunno if insanity plea will be viable at this point.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Imagine, we're going to have months and months of days with info releases just like today when impeachment happens. Not to mention all the new bullshit Trump will pull out of frustration. It's getting me positively giddy.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
Idk seems like the manuscript makes things look pretty ok for Trump. No direct demand for exchange of aid for an investigation.

Not great. Unlikely criminal.

You guys dying for a Trump comeuppance will likely be disappointed... again

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DandyLion posted:

Ha, here we see Trump trying to wiggle his way out of this one!

*We say as Trump wiggles out of this one

The change being this is now an official investigation. And this paper is even more damning than people thought he'd release.

hobbez posted:

.....uhhhhh....

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

hobbez posted:

Idk seems like the manuscript makes things look pretty ok for Trump. No direct demand for exchange of aid for an investigation.

:lol:

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

Uhhhh is not a counter argument

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hobbez posted:

Lindsey Graham sockpuppet account spotted.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Neither is this

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

hobbez posted:

Hey genius, care to chime in on why you think they squashed the whistleblower's complaint?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I remember this being mentionned in the past, but reading through the "transcript", it's particularly clear: Being a stenographer on a Trump phone call must be hellishly difficult.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Didn’t the Ukraine stop cooperating with the Mueller investigation after they got javelin missiles? Probably not the first time Trump has had this interaction.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

DandyLion posted:

Ha, here we see Trump trying to wiggle his way out of this one!

*We say as Trump wiggles out of this one

You know there is no law you have to repeat every tweet you saw every chance you get, right? Like it was just some joke some guy made not some weird propoganda slogan you need to chant to make sure no one talks about anything.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbez posted:

Neither is this

"Work with my PERSONAL LAWYER to investigate my opponents" is incredibly loving illegal

This Intelligence guy didn't blow the whistle for nothing.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Guze posted:

He was right about this surprising people.
It is indeed beautiful and perfect in a way.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

hobbez posted:

1. Impeachment does not require a criminal offense, "high crimes and misdemeanors" is vague on purpose
2. It's an obvious shakedown
3. This is literally their best defense, there are multiple other phone calls
4. Pelosi ALREADY SAID she doesn't care about whether or not there is quid pro quo
5. This is an abuse of power no matter what
6. Ukraine is dependent on the US in many, many ways. Your post is like saying "it wasn't an abuse of power that he slept with an employee he manages! He never actually said he'd fire her if she refused!"

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

scopes posted:

Hey genius, care to chime in on why you think they squashed the whistleblower's complaint?

Such anger and animosity.

I mean we’ll see. It will probably come out. When it does, well see if there’s more that we’re unaware of at this point. It’s possible the administrations story is true and the they didn’t find it warranted further follow up, falling under the umbrella of presidential discretion

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hobbez posted:

a counter argument requires an argument instead of a nutbar shouting the sky is green

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I honestly doubt the average American cares about Trump trying to get Biden's dipshit son investigated for obvious corruption, even if he broke the law in asking.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

hobbez posted:

Yeah and some people just really love talking about snow and expressing the worry that nice stores will be set on fire.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mantis42 posted:

I honestly doubt the average American cares about Trump trying to get Biden's dipshit son investigated for obvious corruption, even if he broke the law in asking.

That's why they're going to let a bunch of other investigations play out between now and either a vote on articles of impeachment or the election, whichever comes first.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Mantis42 posted:

That's not even what happened, so

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dems need to drag Rudy’s old rear end in front of this committee ASAP

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mantis42 posted:

Focusing on any one crime, even one as easily understood as this one, for impeachment would be a mistake imo, and that's why I'm happy that's not what Pelosi seems to be doing (in that she has the six committee members each gathering their own lists of relevant crimes). The goal should be to surround Trump with a miasma of lawlessness, not just focus on the one bad thing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

the allegations of corruption have been definitively, repeatedly disproven so much so that even the post and the NYT don't both-sides them

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

hobbez posted:

Gotta love the classics.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Good to see the forums’ chuds are making their way into the thread to try to play down the transcripts and exonerate big orange daddy. Weird they’re getting nervous.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbez posted:

I mean we’ll see. It will probably come out. When it does, well see if there’s more that we’re unaware of at this point. It’s possible the administrations story is true and the they didn’t find it warranted further follow up, falling under the umbrella of presidential discretion

Guess what?

That's part of the problem! Whistleblowers do NOT GO THROUGH THE ADMINISTRATION! That's part of the entire problem. Trump doesn't get to decide when he did and did not overstep his bounds, that's the entire point of the Whistleblower system.

The Senate and Congress are the endpoints of the Whistleblower laws, not the President.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Arist posted:

Focusing on any one crime, even one as easily understood as this one, for impeachment would be a mistake imo, and that's why I'm happy that's not what Pelosi seems to be doing (in that she has the six committee members each gathering their own lists of relevant crimes). The goal should be to surround Trump with a miasma of lawlessness.

you need one simple, easy to understand crime to serve as the tentpole of the impeachment effort

that doesn't mean you don't throw all the other criminality in, it just means you need to make sure you get that simple bullet-point crime across loud and clear

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

evilweasel posted:

you need one simple, easy to understand crime to serve as the tentpole of the impeachment effort

that doesn't mean you don't throw all the other criminality in, it just means you need to make sure you get that simple bullet-point crime across loud and clear

Yeah fair. I wasn't trying to say we shouldn't have a tentpole, just that we shouldn't ignore all the other poo poo.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

DC Murderverse posted:

yeah as an Iowan who's been following this story from the outset, the racist tweets were a pair of dumb jokes made 7 years ago when the dude was 16 that were based off of Tosh.0 jokes. He made a very good public apology where he basically said "yeah those jokes were gross and the stuff I thought was funny back then makes me sick, since then I've learned why those are wrong and I strive to do better," which sorta bears out with the whole "helped raise over a million dollars for a children's hospital" thing.

i forgive him. people are capable of great change.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

even if the "transcript" hadn't been insane the could and should impeach him for blocking the whistleblower complaint. same thing with the constant obstruction of the mueller investigation.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

1. Impeachment does not require a criminal offense, "high crimes and misdemeanors" is vague on purpose
2. It's an obvious shakedown
3. This is literally their best defense, there are multiple other phone calls
4. Pelosi ALREADY SAID she doesn't care about whether or not there is quid pro quo
5. This is an abuse of power no matter what
6. Ukraine is dependent on the US in many, many ways. Your post is like saying "it wasn't an abuse of power that he slept with an employee he manages! He never actually said he'd fire her if she refused!"

Right, I’m familiar with the qualifications for impeachment. I guess it depends on how far you think this goes wrt crimes and misdemeanors.

And, I mean, I don’t want to go “but BIDEN”, but wasn’t his involvement in the firing of the prosecutor a little sketchy? Didn’t it directly benefit Hunter?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

hobbez posted:

When was the last time Trump told the truth about something? Point to it. Why do you think he has any capacity for truth telling?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbez posted:

And, I mean, I don’t want to go “but BIDEN”, but wasn’t his involvement in the firing of the prosecutor a little sketchy? Didn’t it directly benefit Hunter?

The investigation was already over when he suggested they fire him.

But way to shift those goal posts away from a sitting US President suggesting a country work with his personal lawyer to investigate his political rivals in order to receive funding.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

hobbez posted:

No, you dumb fucker, it didn't.

The prosecutor was fired because he wasn't investigating anyone, a broad coalition of countries wanted this guy gone. There was never an investigation into Hunter, you're stupid.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

The echo chamber in here is incredible. Just a little diversity of opinion. I can be convinced I’m incorrect

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1176875845711011841
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1176879813300228096

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbez posted:

The echo chamber in here is incredible. Just a little diversity of opinion. I can be convinced I’m incorrect

You have not demonstrated that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hobbez posted:

not in the least, because the corrupt prosecutor dropped the investigation a year before biden (on behalf of the President and the entire EU) pushed for the corrupt prosecutor to be fired

there's loads more reasons why the claim has been utterly discredited but i'm going to keep it simple: you don't fire the corrupt prosecutor who didn't prosecute your kid in order to protect your kid