Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ripoff posted:

I can imagine some congressional aide sitting in a room, exhausted from stress and reading the talking points memo sent out when his eyes crawl up to the To: list in the email and, in shock, he blurts out “who is ‘n.pelosi@congress.gov’?”

Packaging@DunderMifflin.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Only 10 more votes yes needed for the democrats to impeach

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Rosalind posted:

Back in 2016, I would dip my toe and debate those idiots back when that subreddit actually allowed open debate. I remember one fucker in particular arguing that that Trump tweet where he says vaccines cause autism did not actually mean vaccines cause autism because Trump hadn't used the word "cause."

So surprise surprise these idiots think that since Trump didn't say "Hey do a crime for me and I'll do a crime for you" that means he's completely innocent.

Yep, here's exactly that:

quote:

Pretty tame. Ukrainian President says, "We're ready to buy more stuff," and Trump says "Sure, but hey, can you do me a favor while you're at it..."

Not exactly withholding aid.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ripoff posted:

I can imagine some congressional aide sitting in a room, exhausted from stress and reading the talking points memo sent out when his eyes crawl up to the To: list in the email and, in shock, he blurts out “who is ‘n.pelosi@congress.gov’?”

you joke but actually yes, it was pelosi's office itself they sent it to (possibly among others)

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1176891940169834499

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bernie Sanders . . . !!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

RZA Encryption posted:

lmao

Myth: OJ stabbed the victim 27 times.

Fact: He only stabbed her 7 times!

LMAO they sent copies of these things to House Dems then tried to recall the emails :laffo:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Oh how I wish they still held press briefings.

Trying to "recall" that talking points email makes.me think they may reneg on the whistleblower complaint.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Can’t wait to read the whistleblower’s complaint.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
Reminder of the Narcissist's Prayer:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/1176838149621858310

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Only 10 more votes yes needed for the democrats to impeach

While great the tally doesn't exactly matter at the moment. We don't want a fast vote. We want several months of the House ripping into everything Trump (and him flailing wildly), then the impeachment vote.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

you joke but actually yes, it was pelosi's office itself they sent it to (possibly among others)

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1176891940169834499

Holy poo poo I just made up a dumbest, worst-case scenario in my head and they managed to exceed it. This loving administration.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

While great the tally doesn't exactly matter at the moment. We don't want a fast vote. We want several months of the House ripping into everything Trump (and him flailing wildly), then the impeachment vote.

there is a possibility republican judges could rule that the house can't seek impeachment subpoenas without a vote of the full house (this is nonsense, but it's been argued by republicans) so it does matter somewhat

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Willo567 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1176888945940074497

Good. Keep asking for it, you'll get it you inbred HICK

Maybe he actually secretly wants Trump impeached?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Well, I guess that’s one way to make sure your talking points make it into the news.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Seems like a low figure. I'm sure that's just the RNC itself and Trump's totals are separate, but still it seems very low for something they feel they have in the bag.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats alot less than i would think.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ripoff posted:

Holy poo poo I just made up a dumbest, worst-case scenario in my head and they managed to exceed it. This loving administration.

That's how this administration works. Just think of the dumbest thing and then make it even dumber.

One of the other calls probably has him misquoting The Godfather while doing a terrible Brando impression.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1176894559068069893

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

ThanosWasRight posted:

I guess it's a thing you could spin both ways. If Trump falls somehow he can point to this and say "Hey I suggested it back then". Until then he can spin it as a loyal "Come and get him then, you pussies!" war cry for the leader.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Zotix posted:

Seems like a low figure. I'm sure that's just the RNC itself and Trump's totals are separate, but still it seems very low for something they feel they have in the bag.

I don't even necessarily buy it. It sounds like the GOP trying to reiterate the "Actually impeachment is good for Trump!"

quote:

By the end of the day, party officials said, the fundraising offensive had netted around $1 million.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

ThanosWasRight posted:

Graham has stated that he needs Trump so he can stay relevant.

He is a pathetic sack of poo poo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

add senate republicans to the list of people who are scratching their heads at the idea that transcript was in any way exculpatory

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1176895672844464128

quote:

One Senate Republican, who requested anonymity to speak candidly, said the transcript’s release was a “huge mistake” that the GOP now has to confront, even as they argue that House Democrats are overreaching with their impeachment effort.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

oh im sure thats gonna dominate the news cycle 🙄

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

JUST IN: Trump says "Hey look at this other thing!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I guess this is a shiny object Trump hopes will distract from impeachment?

e: beaten.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reminder that this is the same media operation that believes that saying "by the way, that previous remark was off the record" could work

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

there is a possibility republican judges could rule that the house can't seek impeachment subpoenas without a vote of the full house (this is nonsense, but it's been argued by republicans) so it does matter somewhat

I thought these tallies were of people saying "yeah he's guilty as poo poo, I'd vote to send this to the senate" not just the process in general.

Which now that I think about it doesn't make much sense right now so I'm not sure where I got it from.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

evilweasel posted:

add senate republicans to the list of people who are scratching their heads at the idea that transcript was in any way exculpatory

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1176895672844464128
Right, and this is the thing people have been saying for months. Make it so that the onus is on the Senate GOP to have to defend his poo poo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

I thought these tallies were of people saying "yeah he's guilty as poo poo, I'd vote to send this to the senate" not just the process in general.

Which now that I think about it doesn't make much sense right now so I'm not sure where I got it from.

nope, it's tallies of people in favor of opening the inquiry

but as a practical matter the public will not understand the distinction so it's people willing to face ads saying they supported impeaching trump, so it's not a far leap from this list to the list of votes in favor of impeachment as soon as the requisite process occurs

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Finally, Japan and the US can begin to trade

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
How long until Japan tells us they didn't actually and Trump is lying? Because this has happened several times before in trade negotiations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

evilweasel posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1176890843640283141

(i had a computer training once where we were specifically advised to never, ever use this function because it doesn't work and will only make sure people read the email you're trying to get them to ignore)

Wait, did they try to “Unsend” the email like it’s mid-90s AOL? Ahahahaha

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Pollyanna posted:

:psyduck: Wh

What the gently caress is this?

They literally believe he is a god king.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

drat Matt, I'm already Bernie Bro'ing out, but don't tease me like this

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ryde posted:

How long until Japan tells us they didn't actually and Trump is lying? Because this has happened several times before in trade negotiations.

they've had the basic deal agreed to for a long time, the sticking point has always been japan's agreement conditional on Trump not imposing new tariffs (or the agreement auto-terminating if he does)and he keeps not agreeing not to impose new tariffs

he may have caved on that point

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
It's so fun to think about someone using the "unsend email" function in two thousand and nineteen.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Shifty Pony posted:

It is entirely possible that the evidence will mount too quickly for a long inquiry at this point

hell, this transcript alone would bring down any other president and it's the redacted version

there's obviously a full version where he's engaging in double plus obvious quid pro quo and pressing poor Zelensky to cooperate or it'd be a shame if something happened to his nice country

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

odds Trump tries to use signing spending bills as a bargaining chip? are we gonna see his veto get overriden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kevyn posted:

Wait, did they try to “Unsend” the email like it’s mid-90s AOL? Ahahahaha

Yes, recall is a function in Outlook but it's largely garbage and reliant on client cooperation.