Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

it updates chome, op

hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol amethyst you suck at being a stymie get your poo poo together man

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

scroogled again, it wasn't avid

https://mrmacintosh.com/google-chrome-keystone-is-modifying-var-symlink-on-non-sip-macs-causing-boot-issues/

remind me again why people use a browser made by an advertising company?

because web "developers" are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. also lol how does chome even have permissions to do that to system files? sounds like Linux is a piece of poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

lol amethyst you suck at being a stymie get your poo poo together man

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

amethyst is more dollar store knuc than stymie imo. weird angry bad posting energy

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

jesus WEP posted:

dollar store knuc

knuc for a buck

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

amethyst is more dollar store knuc than stymie imo. weird angry bad posting energy
profound yospos aura reading

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

The Kins posted:

seems kinda hosed that you have to disable the "don't let stuff gently caress the operating system" feature to use a 3rd-party GPU, though... surely, surely there must be a less poo poo way?
what does your heart tell you

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:pram:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's amazing when you see someone who's as old as an actual adult but still can't separate "I don't like [thing]" vs. "[thing] is bad and everyone who likes it is a moron," that's like toddler level empathy. I don't like airpods but obviously lot of other people do since they've sold deece 8 figgies of them so they suit somebody's needs

it's too bad headphones aren't the single most diverse electronics item with over 5,000 models currently for sale and one can only purchase apple airpods. a real shame

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

qirex posted:

it's amazing when you see someone who's as old as an actual adult but still can't separate "I don't like [thing]" vs. "[thing] is bad and everyone who likes it is a moron," that's like toddler level empathy. I don't like airpods but obviously lot of other people do since they've sold deece 8 figgies of them so they suit somebody's needs

you heard it here in the apple thread folks, android phones are better because more of them are sold

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

my only complaint about AirPods is their existence led to Tim and Ives removing them headphone jack.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the headphone jack is returning with the iPhone 12 excess pro max with TimSound Beats if you buy the modular 3.5mm jack accessory for 199.99

we think you're going to love it

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh yeah selling an even more expensive model that reintroduces the headphone jack would be pretty courageous

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

r u ready to WALK posted:

Oh yeah selling an even more expensive model that reintroduces the headphone jack would be pretty courageous

not gonna lie... I would probably buy it over a cheaper jackless version.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Amethyst posted:

Lmao I didn’t realise graph tried to ban me for a drat month. Christ. I’ll think again before making fun of the cat loving apple fetishist crew.

Thanks for the out of jail card smythe

Enjoy your bad thread everyone

I’m subscribing to this thread now that you’re gone

If you see this I'm probably doing a sig check

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the phones... are too big!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Amethyst posted:

Imagining graph getting the report notification on his iphone, throwing two of his five fur babies off his lap in a huff, stomping up to his imac and hitting the 1-month-ban button, all because I told sneip that he's lame for typing "weird flex" into yospos while defending earpods is cool

totally normal thing to daydream about

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple makes terrible products and people should rightfully be shamed for using or defending them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

apple makes terrible products and people should rightfully be shamed for using or defending them

theyre the worst phone out there - except for literally all the others. Shaggar is right

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i constantly feel shame for using my xs cause its a huge piece of poo poo and i loving hate it. windows phone was so much better and i am sad its gone every day.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it buries the competition

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

you’re opinion is wrong shaggar

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

you heard it here in the apple thread folks, android phones are better because more of them are sold

they are, but not because more of them are sold

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qirex posted:

it's too bad headphones aren't the single most diverse electronics item with over 5,000 models currently for sale and one can only purchase apple airpods. a real shame

i don't like seeing other people use [thing]

i'm sure people who wear socks with sandals feel pretty good about it, or white men with faux dreadlocks, but i don't like lookin at it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

OldAlias posted:

you’re opinion is wrong shaggar

nope. ios is a shitshow with a ui that's probably worse than android at this point.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

nah

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

computers were a mistake

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
android = win
ios = suck

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i, too, regret the loss of windows phone, because the ads implied that if i owned one an attractive woman in lingerie would throw pillows at me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
windows phone was cool i think the ui looked cool and they ran good. epic. rip to em.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
I got a Windows phone for work once. It was pretty neat, because it would randomly crash and wait for me to enter the PIN to start up, blocking anybody from calling me.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

klafbang posted:

I got a Windows phone for work once. It was pretty neat, because it would randomly crash and wait for me to enter the PIN to start up, blocking anybody from calling me.

Feature not a bug bro

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im glad you all enjoyed the experience it only cost microsoft like 9 billion dollars to bring it to you

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the tile layout ruled and live tiles ruled and the way ios does it grandma style with icons sprayed at random across multiple screens is dumb as poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

im glad you all enjoyed the experience it only cost microsoft like 9 billion dollars to bring it to you

it was money well spent. maybe apple could spend some money on ui design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
iOS is hideous lol