Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Johnny please stop thrusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
He's getting his flame on, leave him alone.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mulva posted:

I mean he literally sold her off in FF, Doom cares about Doom. Everything else is secondary, nothing is above Doom.

But being a better father to Valeria than Reed is is a great way to prove he's better than Reed, and there are few things Doom likes more than proving he's superior to Reed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

From this week's Batman.

That's Catwoman's hand, fyi.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Teenage Fansub posted:

That's Catwoman's hand, fyi.

Are they back to hanging out together, then?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I can't take another round of this, especially after the last time

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #12

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Fuego Fish posted:

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #12

That entire issue was a delight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hiddenriverninja posted:

I can't take another round of this, especially after the last time

Think they will be sticking around for a while as a Batman Catwoman book is being released next year

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #5 (1940)

Kid Eternity #11 (1948)

The Inferior Five #4 (1967)

From Beyond the Unknown #5 (1970)

Mark Hazzard, Merc #2 (1986)

Dr. Fate #2 (1988)

Lobo the Duck #1 (1997)

Sonic the Hedgehog #132 (2004)

The Thing #8 (2006)

Astonishing Tales #4 (2009)

Justice League/Power Rangers (2017)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters 2 (2018)

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

bobkatt013 posted:

Think they will be sticking around for a while as a Batman Catwoman book is being released next year

They had a "wedding album" book, too, though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Jesus, Doc Manhattan really let himself go.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darthemed posted:

The funniest thing about this panel is someone actually read Merc to find it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheCenturion posted:

Jesus, Doc Manhattan really let himself go.

"Nothing ends Adrian, nothing ever ends. Especially all you can eat buffets."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When it comes to eating, Dr. Manhattan is known to let it all hang out.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Doctor Manhattan was actually based on that guy though. His name is "Professor Fat Man" and he's usually accompanied by his sidekick "Little Boy".

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest #6 is supposed to be the final part of the saga, and ends with a wedding interrupted by two party crashers:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gann Jerrod posted:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest #6 is supposed to be the final part of the saga, and ends with a wedding interrupted by two party crashers:

:perfect:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Yond Cassius posted:

They had a "wedding album" book, too, though.

Its been announced as the end of kings run

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gann Jerrod posted:

For the one person reading this thread who doesn't get the reference.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Darthemed posted:

It is a nice hat
For a British farmer to wear
To the local pub
Idiot

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Push El Burrito posted:

Doctor Manhattan was actually based on that guy though. His name is "Professor Fat Man" and he's usually accompanied by his sidekick "Little Boy".
:perfect:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Teenage Fansub posted:

From this week's Batman.

Batman, master of stealth, jumping up and posing on 50 bags of chips.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Gotham is such a dystopian hellhole that you have a billionaire latex freak running around assaulting the mentally ill and poor, and because he keeps the police force "supplied" , they all cover up for him

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

Gotham is such a dystopian hellhole that you have a billionaire latex freak running around assaulting the mentally ill and poor, and because he keeps the police force "supplied" , they all cover up for him

Frank Miller, is that you?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
At least they're not all mentally ill... Penguin is one for Blackgate these days. And Posion Ivy's message of "Only violence will stop us from destroying the environment" is now firmly 'radical anti-hero'.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Elfface posted:

At least they're not all mentally ill... Penguin is one for Blackgate these days. And Posion Ivy's message of "Only violence will stop us from destroying the environment" is now firmly 'radical anti-hero'.

Batman stories are the story of a hero fighting a rogue's gallery from the perspective of one of the rogues. Poison Ivy is the real hero of Gotham, we just think otherwise because the POV character is against her.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cleretic posted:

Batman stories are the story of a hero fighting a rogue's gallery from the perspective of one of the rogues. Poison Ivy is the real hero of Gotham, we just think otherwise because the POV character is against her.

She did replace that one family with pod people the one time.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Joke spread across three stories of this special.

GLX-Mas Special #1 (2006)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Gotta love the Great Lakes Avengers X-Men Legally Unaffiliated With Any Other Team. The first Grasshopper was a member too, for about 5 minutes before he died.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's with the death on skis thing? DC had that too, didn't they? With one of the New Gods or something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

What's with the death on skis thing? DC had that too, didn't they? With one of the New Gods or something?

Yes, the Black Racer.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

New Leaf posted:

The Black Racer

I don't think the all-black one in the Marvel comics is always ski-based. I remember him representing thoughts of suicide in an issue of Quasar, and he manifested all kinds of stuff from his body.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Black Racer is specifically connected to the Speed-Force, right?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

bony tony posted:

The Black Racer is specifically connected to the Speed-Force, right?

The Black Racer and the Black Flash are both embodiments of Death in DC, but are different entities. Black Flash was the universe coming up with a way of killing speedsters, because they are too fast for the normal Grim Reaper. Maybe.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

The Black Racer and the Black Flash are both embodiments of Death in DC, but are different entities. Black Flash was the universe coming up with a way of killing speedsters, because they are too fast for the normal Grim Reaper. Maybe.

I love comics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Let me tell you, I was shocked as hell to find out the GBA Flash game had a Black Flash mechanic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

New Leaf posted:

He's actually the servant of Oblivion who is a separate cosmic entity from Death in the Marvel Universe. But the GLA book shifted it over since it fit the story better and it didn't really matter since he's a minor character who appeared a couple of times in Avengers in the early 80's, then for a bit in Quasar (home of all the forgotten characters) in the early 90's, and then never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

He's actually the servant of Oblivion who is a separate cosmic entity from Death in the Marvel Universe. But the GLA book shifted it over since it fit the story better and it didn't really matter since he's a minor character who appeared a couple of times in Avengers in the early 80's, then for a bit in Quasar (home of all the forgotten characters) in the early 90's, and then never again.

Wasn't he briefly in one of the Annihilation side books?