Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Why don't we have a copy of the whistleblower complaint yet?

It only needs to be released to congress in its unredacted form.

Presumably it is taking a *while* to get through before schiff comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1176967535486521344
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1176966642699517952

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Majorian posted:

Yyyyyyeah, but..."her emails" was pretty loving stupid too. And I'm saying this as not a particularly big Clinton defender.

I'm just saying, don't give the media any credit, if you can help it.

The difference is that it was a lot more nebulous and confusing. This is really straightforward. It's way more Uranium One than it is Her Emails IMO

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

eke out posted:

the committees do

it's not supposed to be released publicly (maybe it will be, but the law certainly doesn't call for that)

Neither was the piss tape, but I've been seeding a torrent of that for a month

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this but... unironically?
I wasn't being ironic. Too few oldschool goodposters left.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I mean, they probably do

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Caros posted:

I think the president might have severe mental deteriation.

A bold claim, where's your medical degree? Also if ... IF you have a medical degree after all, uh we have urgent need of a new adderall prescription for no reason.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

theflyingorc posted:

I don't think they can, because "it was a year before" is a much, much simpler counter-narrative. Uranium One didn't get a lot of play in the media, either, because it was similarly stupid.

I'm still really irritated that the Uranium One thing got turned into stupid worthleas noise because it revealed some genuinely bad, genuinely scandalous corruption in the nuclear industry, and nobody knows cares or remembers because the GOP's takeaway was HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY ARGLBARGL

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

loving hell :same:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1176968722961129478

this is correct lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cefte posted:

I wasn't being ironic. Too few oldschool goodposters left.

a very notmad poster once called me a "low rent evilweasel" and it was one of the finest compliments of my posting career :911:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Also it's the president, not the PM. (There is *also* a PM, who is the head of government. Sorta).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

he'll deny he ever said that within a day

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/dnewhauser/status/1176970000151789568

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

The difference is that it was a lot more nebulous and confusing. This is really straightforward. It's way more Uranium One than it is Her Emails IMO

yea 'her emails' were a low grade scandal because there was some shady bullshit in there and she 100% hosed with her poo poo to hide it but it was also a weird soupy mess of quasi-legal and probably low level illegal stuff wrapped in like ten different conspiracy theories ranging from normal 'uh yes I believe the secretary of state who was married to the former president and has a huge amount of wealth and power did some shady poo poo to benefit herself' to 'yes I do think Clinton eats baby hearts to fuel her child rape orgies what of it'. It was a mess because there were like ten different scandals and """""scandals""""" in one umbrella of 'clinton emails bad'.

This is pretty cut and dry, Biden's family benefited from his kid with zero reason to be there getting a nice board position, as many rich and connected families do. The prosecutor Biden told them to get rid of was famously corrupt and being demanded to leave by the IMF and EU as well and at the time not even properly investigating anything but rather using his typical method of 'hey give me a bribe or I'll prosecute you for made up poo poo'. Trump then asked the Ukrainian government to 'look into that' purely so he could have ammo to use in the election while discussing aid for the Ukrainian fight against Russia. Biden did a bad rich man thing, Trump probably tried to extort an ally for political gain, the end.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Fact check: 0 pinocchios

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Maybe I don't understand pressers, but why the gently caress does trump think he get specific questions?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

a very notmad poster once called me a "low rent evilweasel" and it was one of the finest compliments of my posting career :911:

im having trouble following evilweasel;s posts because the avatar is changing every four minutes due to so many people still holding a grudge lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Majorian posted:

Drag it out for the next 13 months, imo.

Yeah I think this is where I'm at, the closer we get to the election the more high risk high reward an actual impeachment vote becomes, and besides it's frankly entirely accurate to say "there are so many crimes that a year isn't nearly enough time to investigate them adequately". Just investigate All The Crimes with all six committees and let Sanders or Warren bludgeon him with them in the general.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

eke out posted:

im having trouble following evilweasel;s posts because the avatar is changing every four minutes due to so many people still holding a grudge lol

the weasel with The Quote is great, I hope it wins

it also makes him look like an rear end in a top hat if you hate him, so those posters should be fine with it too!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol Rep Mike Quigley on CNN who just read the whistleblower report "This is the political equivalent of shooting someone on 5th Avenue"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Sneaky Wombat posted:

Maybe I don't understand pressers, but why the gently caress does trump think he get specific questions?

The best part is that a business reporter asked him a question that he wanted (said she'll "leave the impeachment questions" to other reporters), asking why SPECIFICALLY he was optimistic about a deal with China despite the fact that China has been saying they aren't close to a deal, and Trump sort of bumbled for a second trying to think of something before saying something like "I really shouldn't talk about that".

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol Rep Mike Quigley on CNN who just read the whistleblower report "This is the political equivalent of shooting someone on 5th Avenue"

so in other words Trump could do it and get away?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I mean what could possibly be in the complaint that we dont know about, and why is it actually making it to Congress instead of the normal "no, gently caress you" that we usually get from the WH? The fact that things are kind of working like they are supposed to is jarring.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah I think this is where I'm at, the closer we get to the election the more high risk high reward an actual impeachment vote becomes, and besides it's frankly entirely accurate to say "there are so many crimes that a year isn't nearly enough time to investigate them adequately". Just investigate All The Crimes with all six committees and let Sanders or Warren bludgeon him with them in the general.

the key thing to keep in mind is it's not only about the presidency: it will be difficult to take the senate, but if dems do take the senate much more can get done than if they don't, and if an impeachment trial makes it easier to knock off the fourth or fifth seat needed to take the senate, that's something really important.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

eke out posted:

:signings: should be renamed :lowtax: at this rate lmao

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cr0y posted:

I mean what could possibly be in the complaint that we dont know about, and why is it actually making it to Congress instead of the normal "no, gently caress you" that we usually get from the WH? The fact that things are kind of working like they are supposed to is jarring.

the other conversations besides the one that already got leaked; such as this one:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1176971763500101632

and it got to congress because the white house correctly figured someone was going to leak it, so they might as well put it out there themselves

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

yea 'her emails' were a low grade scandal because there was some shady bullshit in there and she 100% hosed with her poo poo to hide it but it was also a weird soupy mess of quasi-legal and probably low level illegal stuff wrapped in like ten different conspiracy theories ranging from normal 'uh yes I believe the secretary of state who was married to the former president and has a huge amount of wealth and power did some shady poo poo to benefit herself' to 'yes I do think Clinton eats baby hearts to fuel her child rape orgies what of it'. It was a mess because there were like ten different scandals and """""scandals""""" in one umbrella of 'clinton emails bad'.

This is pretty cut and dry, Biden's family benefited from his kid with zero reason to be there getting a nice board position, as many rich and connected families do. The prosecutor Biden told them to get rid of was famously corrupt and being demanded to leave by the IMF and EU as well and at the time not even properly investigating anything but rather using his typical method of 'hey give me a bribe or I'll prosecute you for made up poo poo'. Trump then asked the Ukrainian government to 'look into that' purely so he could have ammo to use in the election while discussing aid for the Ukrainian fight against Russia. Biden did a bad rich man thing, Trump probably tried to extort an ally for political gain, the end.

just out of curiosity, is there any actual evidence the guy was taking bribes, or is it just the same rumors and gossip I've heard (plus, you know, him being a Ukrainian government official so of COURSE he was taking bribes)?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

eke out posted:

I missed most of them, anyone got that site where you can look up old avs lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

evilweasel posted:

the key thing to keep in mind is it's not only about the presidency: it will be difficult to take the senate, but if dems do take the senate much more can get done than if they don't, and if an impeachment trial makes it easier to knock off the fourth or fifth seat needed to take the senate, that's something really important.

Yeah that's the flip side, the reward could conceivably be worth the risk if impeachment is broadly popular enough.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1176971772513705985

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, this is what I'm into, personally. All previous prognostication on how strongly the Senate might be in play for the Democrats is now solidly made obsolete by a solid day of President Crimes stepping into the world's largest parking lot of rakes.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

cr0y posted:

They know the longer they withhold it the more it's gonna be used for an obstruction of justice case. Better to release it and attempt to control the narrative.

Taking into consideration that Pelosi surprised them by initiating the impeachment inquiry.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

this is a big reason not to piss off a career intelligence guy, their job consists almost entirely of writing inhumanly detailed reports

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

the other conversations besides the one that already got leaked; such as this one:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1176971763500101632

and it got to congress because the white house correctly figured someone was going to leak it, so they might as well put it out there themselves

What nobody counted on was Trump immediately yelling "INVESTIGATE ME, COWARDS"

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

cr0y posted:

By this time next week i expect Trump to admit to ordering Epstein’s murder and that Mich McConnnel really is a turtle (Reptilian sub-species from planet 9).

This poo poo is wild.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Everyone is glad evilweasel is back, but here I am slaving away in the posting mines every single day for yall and no one gives me any credit

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

VitalSigns posted:

Everyone is glad evilweasel is back, but here I am slaving away in the posting mines every single day for yall and no one gives me any credit

Insert dril tweet about good and bad things here

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Angry_Ed posted:

What nobody counted on was Trump immediately yelling "INVESTIGATE ME, COWARDS"

tbh I genuinely did not expect the double down to come so fast and so hard.

"gently caress YOU INVESTIGATE ME HARDER, INVESTIGATE PENCE TOO, SUCK MY DICK" was not the route I expected until at least next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FOLKS,

it's gonna happen

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1176973031987695616?s=20