Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I loving love that he thinks that because his lackey squashed the mueller report and kavanaugh investigation he's immune. Eat poo poo and crash and burn you fat gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

VitalSigns posted:

Everyone is glad evilweasel is back, but here I am slaving away in the posting mines every single day for yall and no one gives me any credit

I'm glad evilweasel is back.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Is this normal?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this normal?

Yeah...I don't get it...is something supposed to happen?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

19 o'clock posted:

He's going to shoot someone and test his theory.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

In the end it will turn out that the man whom Trump can shoot on 5th Avenue and not get arrested for it, will be himself.

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this normal?

Apparently it's cordoned off for a fundraiser he's holding at the home of John Paulson (hedge fund manager who made like $15 Billion betting on the housing market collapsing last decade)

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this normal?

He's doing a fundraiser at the home of some ghoul

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

19 o'clock posted:

Its a joke about Trump saying he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

morcant posted:

I missed most of them, anyone got that site where you can look up old avs lol

It broke after SA went cloud-based I think, but here it is/was http://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

schiff's take on the report

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1176974330166747136

i gotta assume that if they'd tried some nonsense with a redacted version, that would be mentioned in his comments

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

VitalSigns posted:

Everyone is glad evilweasel is back, but here I am slaving away in the posting mines every single day for yall and no one gives me any credit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ

Veteran of the AV Wars

You see me now, a veteran of a thousand AV wars
I've been livin' on the edge so long where the winds of modding roar
And I'm young enough to look at and far too goon to see
All the scars are on my rap sheet...
I'm not sure that there's anything left to me

Don't let these posts go on
It's time we had a break from it
It's time we had some probe
We've been livin' in the flames
We've been eatin' up our bans
Oh, please, don't let these posts go on

You ask me why I'm weary, why I can't post at you
You blame me for my ignore, say it's time I changed and grew
But the war's still going on, dear, and there's no end that I know
And I can't say if we're ever...
I can't say if we're ever gonna agree

It's time we had some probe
We've been living in the flames
We've been eating up our bans

You see me now, a veteran of a thousand AV wars
My battery's spent at last and my iphone is destroyed
I have used up all my shitposts and I'm helpless and bereaved
Bans are all I'm made of...
Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Send me to the rear
Where the mods of madness swell
And been sliding into hell

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Mike Quigley known for his level headed analysis?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

scuz posted:

It broke after SA went cloud-based I think, but here it is/was http://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/

Thanks!

... Oh. :( Ah well

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

The Glumslinger posted:

Its a joke about Trump saying he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it

I actually thought maybe his aides were blocking it off because they knew he was going to do something (the obvious something would he resign, which would mean he would need extra security).

But fundraiser is more in character

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

Try leaving for several months and see how things go when you get back.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Are Republicans talking to the press at all? If they're studiously trying to avoid questions, that could be a sign that there was something really damning in the report (which of course there was).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I was gone for months too but I’m glad no one noticed.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Imagine the intelligence community working the way this admin thinks it does.

Terrorist: "The watermelons are being delivered to the dock at five PM, deliver them to the white house"

CIA analyst: "Wow someone at the White House sure loves watermelon"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1176974036657684481

greg you mad?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

The Glumslinger posted:

Ah, copy that. Breaking traffic, too, for maximum carnage.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I don't even understand why they are flipping out. The talking points were sent around and "leaked", are they trying to say that isn't what happened?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

morcant posted:

Thanks!

... Oh. :( Ah well

:( indeed.

HOWEVER!

You can (in chrome) right-click a user's av, click "Open image in new tab," and increment the number at the end of the URL downwards to see into the paaaaaaaaast

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

morcant posted:

I missed most of them, anyone got that site where you can look up old avs lol

you can open the image in chrome and just change the final number to see old avs (e.g. if it's currently 13, 01-12 should be the previous avs). won't show text tho

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CuddleCryptid posted:

I don't even understand why they are flipping out. The talking points were sent around and "leaked", are they trying to say that isn't what happened?

Yes. They sincerely believe they can alter reality if they deny things they don't like never happened.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CuddleCryptid posted:

They're angry because Williams is accusing THEM of just repeating the talking points. Which of course they are because they're all arguing the exact same points in lock step, but they're actually free thinking honorable journalists.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Go back to the Lucy Heartfilia AV. :colbert:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

eke out posted:

you can open the image in chrome and just change the final number to see old avs (e.g. if it's currently 13, 01-12 should be the previous avs). won't show text tho

I've done that before, but now it shows mine ending in 02 even though I've had a ton of the things? :iiam:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I think they picked up on Juan Williams insinuating that his fellow co-hosts were among the original intended recipients of the talking points, and began to Take Umbrage because Fox is a News Organization and not State-Run Propaganda.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

sean10mm posted:

I've done that before, but now it shows mine ending in 02 even though I've had a ton of the things? :iiam:

I think it differentiates between .gifs and .png/.jpg/.jpeg so you'll just have to hack the gibson and maybe get lucky? Idk

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

When he said "made the rounds" I think they are hearing that he is saying the administration sent the talking points to fox news hosts specifically, because they're a propaganda arm of the white house.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I believe they are implying that he is implying that the talking points were sent directly to Fox News cronies.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

They're angry because Williams is accusing THEM of just repeating the talking points. Which of course they are because they're all arguing the exact same points in lock step, but they're actually free thinking honorable journalists.

Ah that makes more sense.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

sean10mm posted:

iirc the numbers are also by file type.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1176961237034393601

i, uh, what

what makes him think this is a good idea given how well the carefully selected one they already leaked went over

If he think hes gonna go down, he plans on taking the entire Republican party with him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CuddleCryptid posted:

THey're pissed that he is breaking Kayfabe. Sure everyone has talking points, but you cant just admit they exist even if everyone already knows about them

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

He said that the talking points were leaked. That is all that he said. All of them flipped out saying "You're saying that I recieved these talking points? How dare you!" in the most concentrated room full of guilty conscience I've ever seen

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

19 o'clock posted:

Trump boasted during the campaign that he could literally shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it.

edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/02/how-many-republicans-would-actually-stick-by-trump-if-he-shot-guy-fifth-avenue/

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Dubar posted:

He said that the talking points were leaked. That is all that he said. All of them flipped out saying "You're saying that I recieved these talking points? How dare you!" in the most concentrated room full of guilty conscience I've ever seen

So its basically confirmed that Fox News received the talking points. Not that there was any doubts but thats basically proof.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

ryde posted:

So its basically confirmed that Fox News received the talking points. Not that there was any doubts but thats basically proof.

I feel like this was confirmed in the Bush era, but the first rule of talking points is you don't talk about talking points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I did kinda wonder actually