Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The real part of this that's missing is how da fuq I summon ghosts? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Okay time to jump down this rabbit hole, it's Arcanum, yes? Oh new page, I guess people here would like a link so they don't have to page dive for the new hotness http://www.lerpinglemur.com/arcanum/

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Bit too deeply enmeshed to remember how I unlocked the skills, but for ghost summoning you need
Spirit lore + Air lore

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arcanuse posted:

Bit too deeply enmeshed to remember how I unlocked the skills, but for ghost summoning you need
Spirit lore + Air lore

loving... :doh: The one element I haven't unlocked yet. Figures.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'm in the same boat as you, hella Spiritual and Divine but some humble element is holding me back. Also it's fairly buried in there, I'm 3/5 and nothing yet.

FAKE EDIT: 4/5 is where you need to hit.

EDIT: Orrrr not, that one isn't as interesting.

AIR-OR EDIT: Oh geez this is going to take some time.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 25, 2019

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Something I just noticed that's important: Make sure to hit up every possible home you get because some have unique actions/furniture that carry over to other houses but only unlock at that specific site.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

I'm in the same boat as you, hella Spiritual and Divine but some humble element is holding me back. Also it's fairly buried in there, I'm 3/5 and nothing yet.

FAKE EDIT: 4/5 is where you need to hit.

EDIT: Orrrr not, that one isn't as interesting.

AIR-OR EDIT: Oh geez this is going to take some time.

See, I've been dabbling in all the primary elements but Air was what I left for last. At least I have a self-sustaining codex industry now. :iia:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Some of these buildings are getting crazy on the space.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The flavor text on some of the upgrades are pretty great. :allears:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lmao this is all made up, it has to be

Samuringa posted:

Not even 10 posts on the new idle game and it already seems like everyone is making up poo poo

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
After more testing: For T1 at least you shouldn't pick anything besides Magician or Witch right now. The others are very barebones and don't seem to have anything special like those do.

Notably: Magician has upgrades for money and a special academy that has 300 floor space. Witch has two special islands that require 2000 research but have 400 and 420 space and a bunch of minion slots.

The T2 I've seen so far are Enchanter and Seer

E: Note that I haven't gotten the evil variants so can't comment on those.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 25, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lmao this is all made up, it has to be

Nothing cooler than reading posts about a new idle game everyone jumped into before starting it.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I don't get how to do crafting or potions or whatever. I went for the Scribe specialization but for instance my Crafting is at like 7 and I have the workbench and everything. Is a specific new tab supposed to open up? Feels like I'm missing something major.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rynoto posted:

After more testing: For T1 at least you shouldn't pick anything besides Magician or Witch right now. The others are very barebones and don't seem to have anything special like those do.

Awwww, that's lame. I went Elementalist because the idea of it sounded neat. :negative:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Arcanuse posted:

I can't tell for certain, but I have a suspicion that virtue and evil gain aren't exclusive.
"Rob people by night, treat their magical wounds by day and get paid for your trouble both times? Sure thing!"

"You have two upgrades called "End Apprenticeship" and "Slay Master". These lead to two paths, good/evil respectively.
This isn't an absolute, but a good influencer on which side you end on."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So, does the bestiary do anything other than show monster stats? There are buttons to buy monsters, but none of the home furnishings seem to let me buy a pet rock. I haven't slayed my master ended my apprentishship yet, I'm just maxing out what skills I can for the time being.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
This game was made by a madman and I love it holy poo poo

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Reset the whole thing, had reached a fair bit in but I still couldn't make potions or craft or whatever, feels like you can get locked out or something otherwise this makes no sense.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

So the unlocks for potions are odd, because you think Herbalism giving you potion unlocks means that's the direct skill to brew them. It's actually buried two levels deeper (Alchemy->Potions) and even then it's sort of a poo poo skill. Craft just adds more Furniture and Unlock opportunities, not actually making things directly.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Once you've been liberated from your master, is there any way to get skill points besides training skills that give them?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
:toot: NGU got approved for release!

I was able to move up the official release date to October 1, 2019!

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

Once you've been liberated from your master, is there any way to get skill points besides training skills that give them?

Every 3 levels gives a point.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I can eat children this is deliciously evil (all because I was performing Vile Experiments for bones and turned out a little bit immoral).

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Why are people using spoiler bars for an idle game?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anfauglir posted:

Every 3 levels gives a point.

There's also spirit spell that gives .001 skill points per second among other things. You can also leave pace running overnight and come back to 2 or 3 skillpoints.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Phelddagrif posted:

it's best to keep at least a bit of the wild nonsense there is to do a surprise

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Hahaha holy poo poo I can literally spin gold. I'm a loving deranged elementalist in a house in the woods doing that. I really should rename my character. :allears:

E: This is also so I can finance making my own loving flying loving carpet, this is hilarious and awesome

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 25, 2019

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

Pacing gives skill points, though very slowly. There's also a spell from the Spirit line that gives skill points very slowly.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Because part of this fun of this game is unlocking things and going holy gently caress what do I even do with this? Then just trying to figure out a use for it and when you finally do, well it's a game about being a wizard and starting out earning enough coin for your apprenticeship. It's a very strange journey. And it's poor taste to spoil an idle game that is about the journey and not the numbers.

You wouldn't spoil the ending of paperclips now would you? No! You spoiler tag that poo poo SPACE

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Big hint: you can assign focus to multiple shortcut keys to make it much easier to dump your mana into it.

Wish I'd noticed this ages ago.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

So, there's this D&D idle game that released on PS4 yesterday. Apparently its been out for months in other territory. Any tips? So far I don't see what you'd ever give them actual money for.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

xiw posted:

Big hint: you can assign focus to multiple shortcut keys to make it much easier to dump your mana into it.

Wish I'd noticed this ages ago.
yeah I had been using "click once, then hold enter" but that's even easier

also I quit the game because gently caress the sheer amount of stuff to juggle

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
i dunno it's kinda fun not knowing what the gently caress you're getting into when you do something. There's just so much STUFF

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
God I hope I unlock an autocast at some point. I have way too many spells I want to keep up all the time. Autofocus would be great also.

In better news my evil reign continues and I have moved into my own personal castle. Tons of room for corpses now!

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Yeah it's great - the way skill points work means you're ending off going off in a particular direction depending on whim, rather than a lot of idle gaes which have a clear direction to go in.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Is there a reset/prestige mechanic? I feel like I bungled bigtime by picking the herbalist job right at the getgo, it appears to do nothing all that useful.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
No but from what I can tell there's only one choice Choosing to kill your master or not that you can make that actually locks you out of anything major. Class choice, especially that early is mostly just for flavor, later choices will determine what other classes you can unlock though.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Okay cool, thanks- just making sure I hadn't screwed myself out of a core progression thingie.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Seedge posted:

So, there's this D&D idle game that released on PS4 yesterday. Apparently its been out for months in other territory. Any tips? So far I don't see what you'd ever give them actual money for.

I played it on android for a bit, it's bad really really bad. It's a reskin idle lost crusader style idle with formations. It's even more money demanding than the original too. It's a bad clone.

Unless you mean one of the other 3 recent free DnD games which have also been massive cash grabs with little to no fun unless you avoided theborigonal game ita based on. And even then go play that instead.

I say this as someone who was very big into DnD lore in high school and know most of the characters in these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Holy poo poo the tier 3 class I just unlocked Archlock requires 3000 research. That's gonna be a god drat grind.