Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

That's a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

uh ok this is, as the kids say, bad times for trump

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

There Bias Two posted:

I'm sorry what? He shut out diplomatic communication unless they agreed to discuss manufacturing dirt on his political opponent? God drat that's brazen.

this is not how i would have predicted the Mattering would happen but lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

uh ok this is, as the kids say, bad times for trump

I fully expect as this gets more underway that some other countries report the same thing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
To steal a phrase, I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, but it sure seems like the end of the beginning. :stare:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

There Bias Two posted:

I'm sorry what? He shut out diplomatic communication unless they agreed to discuss manufacturing dirt on his political opponent? God drat that's brazen.

That's probably why the whistleblower report was so thorough, it's more than calls, it's tacit agreements like this on top of it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah I had some difficulty coming up with words

yea if this gets validated by the Ukraine proper that's some...pretty loving jawdropping corruption even for Trump

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol also CNN is now talking about how insane his 'the DNC server is in the Ukraine now' idea is

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

sean10mm posted:

To steal a phrase, I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, but it sure seems like the end of the beginning. :stare:

And only three years into the term.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Gangringo posted:

And only three thousand years into the term.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That could just be the Ukrainian President reading a room.

That said, they might have different recordings of that conversation.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Gangringo posted:

And only three years into the term.

We're gonna nail him by 2022, I can feel it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I know it’s Erick son of Erick but

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1176992703294398464

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Is this squid go pro?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he is, technically, a nevertrumper so this could just be him clout chasing even if he's, like every 'never trump' type, a huge pussy who loves trump

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: ok m’dude

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I know this has been thrown around a lot the past three years but it never felt like people believed it: Nixon was as untouchable as Trump right up until he wasn't.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of this jam!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of this jam!

Hey

Go the gently caress away with your tired old meme

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jarmak posted:

I know this has been thrown around a lot the past three years but it never felt like people believed it: Nixon was as untouchable as Trump right up until he wasn't.

Except Nixon didn’t have Fox News backing him up. It’s gonna be an uphill fight.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

FizFashizzle posted:

That could just be the Ukrainian President reading a room.

That said, they might have different recordings of that conversation.

Could also be that having a pro-Russia president in the US is not great for Ukraine.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1176992159813255175?s=19

I wanna say my state is smart enough to not vote this dumbass in but alas

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Things are getting fun now :munch:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol of course its fuckin political. Kevin McCarthy is very dumb

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

cr0y posted:

Is this squid go pro?

https://youtu.be/8KnPxg3amrs

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

There Bias Two posted:

do you think that the "dirt" was going to be completely fabricated lies?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1176901688139165697

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Except Nixon didn’t have Fox News backing him up. It’s gonna be an uphill fight.

On the other hand Nixon was super popular and won reelection in a landslide, while Trump snuck in and has been underwater in approval basically the entire time.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Guaranteed he told an aide that he used to pull poo poo like this when he would run his businesses. This is great proof of why you can’t run a country like a business.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I have hope, but there's a guy with a fork in him on the supreme Court now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

abigserve posted:

A very Evangelical guy on my facebook is also a huge trump supporter and essentially echoes the sentiment.

I don't know what attracks the extremely religious to Trump specifically but it's weird and somewhat scary to me

They want a dictator that will kill the gays and brown people op, and trigger the Apocalypse

Actual Death Cult

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sexpig by night posted:

he is, technically, a nevertrumper so this could just be him clout chasing even if he's, like every 'never trump' type, a huge pussy who loves trump
Erick Son of Erick was Never Trump until he got pissed off at how the Dems treated Trump so now he is fine with him

He also lost his mind during the Kavanaugh thing

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Happy Mattering, everyone!!

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Not to say this was Pelosi's masterplan, but I would give her credit for holding off until she had a solid case. An impeachment inquiry coming after the Mueller report and the stonewalling by the White House would come off as a lot more spurious compared to this thing, where you can point to all the facts and stare in disbelief.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I've been saying it all along, :matters: until it does and when it does it happens fast though honestly this is all unraveling faster than I dared to dream that it would. I mean I'm still not convinced he'll be convicted by the Senate but I don't think that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

Is this squid go pro?

I heard it was Skid Row Pro.

Sebastian Bach will be very interested in this

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
https://twitter.com/what_eats_owls/status/1176658890231926784

I mean, c'mon!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Happy Mattering, everyone!!

New federal holiday?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ham posted:

Not to say this was Pelosi's masterplan, but I would give her credit for holding off until she had a solid case. An impeachment inquiry coming after the Mueller report and the stonewalling by the White House would come off as a lot more spurious compared to this thing, where you can point to all the facts and stare in disbelief.

I mean I don't think anyone genuinely expected Trump to go "FYI I did the crimes!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Ham posted:

I mean, it's such an own goal it's hard to give anyone credit. Biden, despite polling well, could have easily fractured progressives and been beatable.