Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
There are two things this cast has done that seemed logical all these years but nobody seemed to do much: eavesdropping on conversation through the door (for instance, the boat room has always had a door), and making deals to keep someone safe for a set amount of time. It seemed like in the past every deal was “save me and I’ll take you to final two” or whatever unrealistic nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, we get a lot of that we just tend to get it in the form of "lets get to F8" or something like that. Saying "I'll give you 2 weeks" happens but if its one person then it begs the question about all those other people. Cliff could have gotten protection from Christie but even if he believed her it would be useless without her 7 allies also giving it. And then of course there's the fundamental of question of what happens after that? Are you just putting yourself into a 1 vs 8 situation? Will they even wait those weeks or strike early so you can't take a shot? Should you strike early before they take a shot? Deals like that tend to fail because there's no trust involved.

Cliff got by most of the season with "deals" but there was a lot of crazy happening and Cliff got evicted once already and has been a target option pretty consistently. Its for the grace of god and incompetency of Gr8ful that he's made F4.

Trust is the commodity necessary for deals and its tough to trust people in BB, especially early on. I've always thought the biggest thing you should look for is mutually beneficial deals. Don't keep Tommy because you trust him more than Holly. Keep Tommy because you trust that he doesn't want to face Jackson at F2 as much as you don't want to face Jackson at F2. Don't keep Christie safe because you trust her. Keep her safe because you know she just made an enemy of Nick so has to target him before she targets you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gross, Kat. Eww.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Yeah. Wtf Kat. Also Nick is horrible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kat has terrible taste in men.

And Nick is just slime.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, between Nick hooking up with Kat and forgetting Bella exists and Jackson getting so angry at the insulting idea of Holly getting a Jury Vote this sure is a banner episode for male chivalry.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Hope cliff actually poisons the Jury

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A Typical Goon posted:

Knock on wood.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've now concluded that BB21 will just be remembered as the season of cringeworthy, shameless, icky, scumbag showmances.

https://twitter.com/BBGossip/status...884424556646400

They should show this season in high school health classes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Enjoy the majesty of Jackson Michie's (According to Nick and Jack, the G.O.A.T. BB Player) jury management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kfnTEKpSE

Nicole: I love you and you're a member of my family.
Holly: I love you and I wish it wasn't you.
Jackson: What you did wasn't right so don't be a bitter juror.

Also its time to vote for America's Favorite Player. Vote for who you want but know that all of Gr8ful expect Tommy or Cliff to win and not one of them can imagine that Nicole would win. Matter of fact Jackson and Holly have spent the last two weeks trashing her character and calling her an arrogant, entitled bully who America will hate for betraying them.

I'm just saying. Your vote is your right. Even if you vote for BB19 Cody.
https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/favorite-houseguest-vote/

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
This past week has been some really lovely gameplay. Nothing has made sense. I was going to write up a huge post about it, but it's more effort than I would like to give this season.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Typical Goon posted:

Can't poison the jury if Mickie wins.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

This past week has been some really lovely gameplay. Nothing has made sense. I was going to write up a huge post about it, but it's more effort than I would like to give this season.

Thursday night's RHAP recap featuring S15 winner Andy Herren was more entertaining than the episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There are people who think that comp was rigged for Nicole to win because there was a puzzle in it.

I theoretically prefer the "profile the F3's path here" approach to the stupid recap episode, but without Jury members or each other countering their interpretations of events or something I don't really see what was gained from it. We're basically going to hear the same speeches on Wednesday. If we're really tweaking the format then either let the Jury recap the season so we get a taste of how they feel or something. Or just do Parts 1 and 2 on Sunday so we can do a proper Jury on Wednesday.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
The worst part of the Final Three Recap was the desperate attempt on the part of the show to rehabilitate Jackson's image. I'm sure they've seen enough of the online surveys to realize their likely winner is hated by much of the fanbase.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I chalk that up to them just allowing the finalists to give their jury speeches without any pushback. Holly didn't say "I was a mean girl and ended up choosing my man over all the friends I swore I would choose over him". It just stood out with Jackson since everything he says is a lie designed to make him sound heroic and noble.

Its why I would have liked to see some content from the Jury or other HGs to counter that stuff a little. I don't care what Jackson thinks of himself. I know what Jackson thinks of himself.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Exodor posted:

The worst part of the Final Three Recap was the desperate attempt on the part of the show to rehabilitate Jackson's image. I'm sure they've seen enough of the online surveys to realize their likely winner is hated by much of the fanbase.

The audience will be back next season; production doesn't really care who wins and neither do the viewers. This season had no heroes, and a strong villain is better than a goat winning through attrition and dumb luck.

This whole cast was bad. Began with high school type cliques based mostly on looks, and after the jury started, the remaining players allowed a showmance to get to the end.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Binary Logic posted:

The audience will be back next season; production doesn't really care who wins and neither do the viewers. This season had no heroes, and a strong villain is better than a goat winning through attrition and dumb luck.

This whole cast was bad. Began with high school type cliques based mostly on looks, and after the jury started, the remaining players allowed a showmance to get to the end.

This is a brutal write up but...yeah. well said. See you next year, Allison.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While I won't argue that Nicole played a good game I'll go down fighting that she was a solid casting. A likable person with weird but charming idiosyncrasies who played a good social game and treated people well but who also understood the game and was willing to make a game move that betrayed someone and not hold grudges against people who did the same to her. You can argue she wasn't strong willed enough but I think a lot of that was circumstance. She made a move early in the game and it blowed up on her in horrific spectacular fashion and then once she got her footing back her two main allies were a pair of self serving snakes in Nick and Cliff. So even when she wanted to make a move she never could because she needed their help.

I think Christie was good casting too. She played a pretty solid game all things considered. We'll never credit her for it because she had such an unfair advantage and was so annoying, but she pulled off one of the best miracle saves in BB history and probably could have won this game if Nicole had chosen her and Tommy over Jackson/Holly.

Kat was a fun character with some game sense too. And David seemed like a smart and charismatic guy who just never had a chance. Sam was playing a good game. Even someone like Jack or Nick were probably good villain castings.

edit: I'm sure a lot of people feel like Jackson is a good casting as a competitor and villain, and I get that. My problem with his casting is (a) I don't consider the bullying and abuse he's done to be "reality show villain" and (b) he's claimed multiple times he was a drug addict and suicidal and production has had to do a lot to cater to his mental state.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This may be the last time I have to see Nick. Except maybe if Bella drags him later. That's a good thing.

Analyse making more sense to Kat. Nick is bad for your brain.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Haha Michie’s gonna lose because Nick pushes him too hard to the jury

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Analyse making more sense than Kat. Nick is bad for your brain.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

About the only things I take with real weight from that Jury Roundtable is:
- Nick advocates for Jackson.
- Kat advocates for Holly.
- Analyse hates everyone and wants to go home.
- Even Dr. Will hates Jack.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Dr. Will is looking more like a ghoul every year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She was rambling so I could have misunderstood it, but I'm pretty sure at the end there Holly argued "why not?" about evicting her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like Tommy's excitement at Jackson winning F3 HOH game the ending away.

Also Holly being a rambly mess counters Jackson's "all my bad behavior was someone else's fault" approach.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“We’re giving you a chance to apologize”

“Yes of course. Well, I never did that stuff”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HOLLY SHUT THE gently caress UP MY GOD

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

you’d think you would rehearse your speech in your head

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holly's just perpetually a nervous wreck. I actually think she had good answers and points. But rambling and getting cut off just comes off bad.

But the BB Jury Format sucks and everyone probably had their mind already made up anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love you, Ovi.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Lol making this cast eat poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m a disgusting piece of poo poo because of hormones

And I’m only a gross racist because I was trying to fit in with the gross racists!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Okay, watching this episode has been worth it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m a disgusting piece of poo poo because of hormones

And I’m only a gross racist because I was trying to fit in with the gross racists!

The oldest excuses in the book.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also "hey people who have watched the show, you'll see I was a good guy when you watch the show."

God Gr8ful are pieces of poo poo. Good on BB/Julie for rushing the finale to get the time to do this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone is eating poo poo and this is loving amazing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo: that cut to Michie

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cliff really loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jackson just won Big Brother and half a million dollars and is completely miserable!

That's the best way this could have gone.