Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1177014939187388417?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Honestly, I think committing to a course this early isn't the best idea. It may happen that we need to do the vote as soon as we have a reasonably complete Ukraine case, but I think I'll hold off my final opinion on the matter until after this initial slavo of revelations and reactions is done.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sub Par posted:

USPOL Fall: summiting the Matterhorn

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tibalt posted:

All the reporting I've read so far say that the other committees investigating other crimes are going to keep on trucking, but a consensus may be forming around sending articles of impeachment narrowly focused on Ukraine.

There's nothing stopping the House from submitting additional articles of impeachment, but I feel like it's going to be a one- time thing. While putting Trump on trial multiple times going into the election would be hilarious, I think it would be counterproductive for removing him and other Republicans from office.

But shooting your shot so soon has the potential for letting impeachment fade from public consciousness before it can affect the Senate races.

Hrm.

I dunno. We don’t really know what effect ten months of republican senators being asked ‘his crimes were clear and yet you didn’t vote to convict, why?’ would have on the public consciousness.

I mean, it’s pretty obvious at this point that there is just a fuckload of crimes on record. You vote and the senate squashes it, you either have them on record to hammer them with or get to ask McConnell for months why he’s dragging it out. Orrrrr somehow he’s convicted and we get lame duck pence for a few months before an insane election.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 26, 2019

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Only the best... :911:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_PwpSUos2I

FoxNews is eating their own now.

I was beaten a few pages back, but w/e it's still funny.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The pee tape could drop tonight and it would be only about the 5th or 6th most damaging thing in the last 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/...ingawful.com%2F

Edit:

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 26, 2019

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Something Awful got a shout-out in Ashley Feinberg's shockingly thorough analysis of the fake pee tape.
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1177028351472668675?s=20

edit:more than just a shot-out. Repeatedly referenced as the go-to source for analysis of presidential pee tapes. Proud to be here.

Phlag fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 26, 2019

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Kaal posted:

The Republicans have already openly stated that they will not convict Donald regardless of how illegal his actions are, so the Democrats will simply need to rake him and his fellow GOP conspirators over the coals in the public eye. Moscow Mitch is going to try to wrap this up as quickly as possible, because the reality is that the longer these inquiries go on the more illegal activities they're going to uncover, and the worse it will look when the Republicans ignore it all for their own benefit.

FWIW, Moscow Mitch can not stop an impeachment investigation instigated by the House, no matter how long it lasts or how deep it delves.

Even if it delves into some of his personal poo poo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Doesn't count if you're not under oath.

I mean that's what they will say.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Watching Giuliani suffer a legal bowel perf would be a near-orgasmic experience at this point.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Otteration posted:

Even though the government collapses, still need the taxes:

low key the tax thing got relaxed like 9 months ago, but it lives on because why would anyone want it to completely stop. Also for real I think it legitimately helps with depressing news burnout

Tbh this sums it up well. Pelosi did one good thing and frankly a turnip in her position could have done the same thing and probably would have done it sooner. The lesson here isn't that 'wow pelosi was good after all' but rather 'holding politicians feet to the fire works' if you want them to do literally anything for the public good at all

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zotix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_PwpSUos2I

FoxNews is eating their own now.

I was beaten a few pages back, but w/e it's still funny.

guys be nice, Tucker's havin a REAL hard time spinning this and he's getting flustered

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1177012947782184963

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You're not clawing back credibility at this late hour, Newsweek

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Tibalt posted:

All the reporting I've read so far say that the other committees investigating other crimes are going to keep on trucking, but a consensus may be forming around sending articles of impeachment narrowly focused on Ukraine.

There's nothing stopping the House from submitting additional articles of impeachment, but I feel like it's going to be a one- time thing. While putting Trump on trial multiple times going into the election would be hilarious, I think it would be counterproductive for removing him and other Republicans from office.

But shooting your shot so soon has the potential for letting impeachment fade from public consciousness before it can affect the Senate races.

Hrm.

I disagree about shooting your shot so 'soon'. I think it's less so about removing Trump from office and more so about exposing his co-conspirators to legal liabilities. Impeachment hearings are going to open his people up to so many legal liabilities that it will effectively hamstring him during the election cycle. Also, many are going to think twice about helping Trump commit more crimes if they continue to see him get away with it and his people in court catching cases. For the sake of your job you are going to hitch your cart to Trump during an election year, but are you prepared to back Guilliani to the hilt as he is getting exposed in a court of law? The smart ones will get out(as some already have) and collect easy money in the private sector doing shady things away from the prying eyes of the public. The idiots/co-conspirators will fall the way of the band on the titanic.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

nine-gear crow posted:

Same. Everyone who's seen the report has come away from it looking like they just stared into the reactor core at Chernobyl, it's apparently that hosed up.

It's to the point that Jackie Speier - who, I'll remind the audience, was on the tarmac alongside Leo Ryan at Jonestown and literally watched him get shot to death by cultists in '78 - looked wholly and entirely rattled when describing what she could of the report.

I am really starting to worry I wasn't far off the mark and may have been undershooting.

(Speier also may have let a little detail slip - the whistleblower is, evidently, a man.)

I am genuinely starting to wonder if the shot will be "shot quick" because a lot of these folks genuinely feel a duty to do so for national security purposes. Like, younger folks might not appreciate it - it's a bit weird to see some hard rear end political veterans look this genuinely rattled. :ohdear:

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 26, 2019

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Otteration posted:

:) Pretty sure that right now his 2020 chances look like burnt toast shoved into the disposal with a loud, "gently caress, how did I do that?!"

Don't discount the chud vote. Remember Duncan Hunter was indicted for fraud and still won handily.

That's on top of any election "irregularities" that Trump's allies engineer, from voter suppression to the ridiculously open-to-manipulation voting machines that McConnell is dead set on keeping exploitable. Trump won last time with a 50-70,000 vote margin distributed over 4 key states. It's not beyond the pale to look at that with a jaundiced eye, especially given later antics in Georgia and other places.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Oh now post the one with Ron Paul sitting in a corner.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Tibalt posted:

Hrm.

Yep, the House can come up with multiple charges, with whatever they want to. Each charge has to be voted on in the House to be sent onto the Senate for its "trial", which would be a one-time thing (he would likely not be tried multiple times, but politics can be fuzzy).

It would be extremely productive to snare all the criminals involved and remove them all from office forever, and also their ability to crime forever too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

Same. Everyone who's seen the report has come away from it looking like they just stared into the reactor core at Chernobyl, it's apparently that hosed up.

jesus. can i have some links? i have been at work since 4 so i missed congress getting the whistleblower report.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

SpaceDrake posted:

It's to the point that Jackie Speier - who, I'll remind the audience, was on the tarmac alongside Leo Ryan at Jonestown and literally watched him get shot to death by cultists in '78 - looked wholly and entirely rattled when describing what she could of the report.

I am really starting to worry I wasn't far off the mark and may have been undershooting.

(Speier also may have let a little detail slip - the whistleblower is, evidently, a man.)

I am genuinely starting to wonder if the shot will be "shot quick" because a lot of these folks genuinely feel a duty to do so for national security purposes. Like, younger folks might not appreciate it - it's a bit weird to see some hard rear end political veterans look this genuinely rattled. :ohdear:

Naked, bald-faced corruption and abuse of power would do that to the decorum set and those used to more...nuanced...abuses of power.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/K8brannen/status/1177048535101059073

What the gently caress happened in this call?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/repchrisstewart/status/1177049741768761344?s=21

Frantically looking for link.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

low key the tax thing got relaxed like 9 months ago, but it lives on because why would anyone want it to completely stop. Also for real I think it legitimately helps with depressing news burnout

Never new it was required, I just do it for that second thing. :)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Conservatives across the globe continue to fall for the “power stance” poo poo.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
This is the end of my presidency, I'm hosed.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Come on, smoking gun...

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177051904595152897?s=19

Folks I think Scavino posted this one

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/olivia_beavers/status/1177049030486122496?s=21

:getin:

edit: https://twitter.com/olivia_beavers/status/1177052429344563201?s=21

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Guessing this is preamble for it to be released to all of congress.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah don’t expect an imminent public release quite yet

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Wtf can this day get any more crazy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God dammit im trying to go to sleep.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God dammit and I was about to go to sleep.

E: WHAT

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Redacted to the rest of Congress or to the public?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brian Williams, currently five minutes away from airtime:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

it'll leak in the next fifteen minutes.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Guess I’m not sleeping tonight or ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1177053812143591426

:lol: