Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how the gently caress am I supposed to sleep tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

The timing of this couldn’t be more perfect. The one week a year where Trump is constantly engaged face to face with foreign leaders from around the world, and he has to deal with people who he knows were talking behind his back, and will resume talking behind his back when he leaves the room about this embarrassing and potentially administration ending scandal. For a man who cares so much about keeping up appearances and looking strong, he is having the worst week of his presidency unfold while playing host to the world’s leaders.

As a guy who has always wanted to fit in among high society and finally forced his way into the club, there are probably few things Trump hates more than being shamed in front of the kinds of people he so desperately wanted to impress.

Yep, hoping HARD that all of the rest of his poo poo dealings can come out into the open to be laughed at and pointed at and be extremely legislated against.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

that's my 'maximum chaos world' bet

my more reasonable one is 'just some rando dingus who heard about this and had the free time to compile stories and poo poo to make a case'

Bolton does absolutely seem like the kind of guy who would find himself in a wildly corrupt administration and instantly start documenting to cover his own rear end. Still probably only as likely as one of the top DNI people being the whistleblower

empty whippet box posted:

why sleep, you know trump isn't, though i imagine they've put his phone on airplane mode without telling him.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Things are finally mattering. Sleep well for the first time in nearly 3 years.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Bolton does absolutely seem like the kind of guy who would find himself in a wildly corrupt administration and instantly start documenting to cover his own rear end. Still probably only as likely as one of the top DNI people being the whistleblower

why sleep, you know trump isn't, though i imagine they've put his phone on airplane mode without telling him.

It's that scene from Hook where the kid smashes all the clocks with a mallet, only it's Barron and instead of clocks its a room full of phones.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mahoning posted:

Love to, but the insurance company is holding up my damned CPAP machine.

M4A, for reals.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Otteration posted:

Worried might be an understatement.

i hope. i kinda suspect if trump ever imploded, it would happen like this. trumps house of cards is very fragile and most of his goons/helpers are opertunistic ghouls and or morons. they will turn on him. the GOP if it feels genuinly threatened will burn him. i could be wrong. i probably am. but gently caress.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

nine-gear crow posted:

It's that scene from Hook where the kid smashes all the clocks with a mallet, only it's Barron and instead of clocks its a room full of phones.

With how wildly paranoid Trump is to begin with, imagine how over the top this msut have him

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Comfortably, considering that you aren't staring down the barrel of impeachment.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Mahoning posted:

:emptyquote:

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

get high as gently caress

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

With how wildly paranoid Trump is to begin with, imagine how over the top this msut have him

He's going to start striking out at anyone in the GOP who is anything less than Graham levels of devoted.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dammerung posted:

Comfortably, considering that you aren't staring down the barrel of impeachment.

What if he’s Donald Trump?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

No kidding. This motherfucker is still talking about Hillary’s email servers. Like he is literally :tinfoil: President.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

the only way this could have gone better is if at a conference someone shouted "THIS IDIOT'S loving A PUMPKIN" and the podium fell down to reveal trump furiously porking a gourd

please do not curcurbitophile shame

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tell him to post in Let's Play so I can perma his criminal rear end :toughguy:

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
It defies belief that Barr would have any influence as to actions resulting from this complaint. He is included in multiple passages in said complaint, at the very least it warrants considering a recusal from all matters related to it even just for the appearance of bias.

It literally says in US Code "The Attorney General shall promulgate rules and regulations which require the disqualification of any officer or employee of the Department of Justice, including a United States attorney or a member of such attorney’s staff, from participation in a particular investigation or prosecution if such participation may result in a personal, financial, or political conflict of interest, or the appearance thereof. Such rules and regulations may provide that a willful violation of any provision thereof shall result in removal from office."

How is this poo poo not defied by congress in any meaningful manner?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

SET YOUR ALARMS

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1177064317293867008

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:aaaaa:

I would recommend that he take a sudden tropical vacation until this all blows over.

Say, in a decade or so.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Heard that NBC news says the complaint will be released with minimal redactions

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

In a surprise twist, the Chinese government announces that it has recordings from Trump's unsecured iPhone.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

There's still the fact that trump implicated pence AND the additional irs whistleblower complaint lmao.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

pahuyuth posted:

In the sense that removing a single redaction would make it really damaging?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ham posted:

It defies belief that Barr would have any influence as to actions resulting from this complaint. He is included in multiple passages in said complaint, at the very least it warrants considering a recusal from all matters related to it even just for the appearance of bias.

It literally says in US Code "The Attorney General shall promulgate rules and regulations which require the disqualification of any officer or employee of the Department of Justice, including a United States attorney or a member of such attorney’s staff, from participation in a particular investigation or prosecution if such participation may result in a personal, financial, or political conflict of interest, or the appearance thereof. Such rules and regulations may provide that a willful violation of any provision thereof shall result in removal from office."

Barr is a recusal refusal machine. He has never and will never recuse himself in anything because he’s a hack whose only mission was to protect Trump.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another reason this Matters more than a lot of the other poo poo: it happened when he was sitting President and there's concrete proof Trump himself did it. There's no plausible deniability either.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ascii genitals posted:

get high as gently caress

WAY fuckin ahead of you

I got high before I went running earlier and I was unable to stop reading this thread even while running. I ran 4 miles reading my phone like a total fuckin idiot

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/status/727604522156228608

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Report is declassified?

OK God--LET ME HAVE IT

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I'm bedridden pumped full of pain drugs, steroids and some stuff my Dr says will keep me from immediately dying. it's been a good week to not have an immune system though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/mimms/status/1177005869868953600

OAquinas posted:

Report is declassified?

OK God--LET ME HAVE IT

Such a good movie

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I had jury duty today and I've been drinking since noon. This thread is fuckin amazing and I'm loving it.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i hope. i kinda suspect if trump ever imploded, it would happen like this. trumps house of cards is very fragile and most of his goons/helpers are opertunistic ghouls and or morons. they will turn on him. the GOP if it feels genuinly threatened will burn him. i could be wrong. i probably am. but gently caress.

https://i.imgur.com/aPEtiC9.mp4

Sound and dash pizza are optional.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

OddObserver posted:

In the sense that removing a single redaction would make it really damaging?

More that it would expose highly sensitive information that shouldn't be publicly known. Democrats have said some parts would be legitimately redacted for national security interests.

Mahoning posted:

Barr is a recusal refusal machine. He has never and will never recuse himself in anything because he’s a hack whose only mission was to protect Trump.

Speaking of "setting precedents", this guy is doing legitimate damage to the country's democratic norms and processes. Drawing a contrast between Barr and the Saturday Night Massacre, or even just Jeff Sessions, is astonishing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ham posted:

i don't think barr was involved directly with the actual pressuring of ukraine and such. trump was probably talking out his rear end and such. i do think he is directly involved with trying to bury it.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 26, 2019

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

pahuyuth posted:

I wonder who declassified this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Wait for it

https://twitter.com/AndrewBakaj/status/1177062925019824130

(This is the whistleblower's lawyer)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please do not curcurbitophile shame

Jesus, I'm going to kill at Scrabble this Thanksgiving.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

And it wouldn't be a Trump story without grift.

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1177066190415519744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i don't think barr was involved directly with the actual pressuring of ukraine and such. trump was probably talking out his rear end and such. i do think he is directly involved with trying to bury it.

He is stated outright in the body of the call and presumably the complaint, however. Wouldn't that be sufficient to project "an appearance of bias"?