Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
USPol Fall: I may have committed some light treason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Pigbuster posted:

https://twitter.com/IMAGAssociation/status/1176885538466537474

The US won't be leaving the UPU, they reached a compromise on the postal rates. Good news for all of us, including Trump since it's technically a win for him. Great day for the administration!!!

"How can they impeach a president who made such a great deal with the UPU?"

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

I don't know this dude but I like what he's saying here.

I'd like to know what the word from Russia is about all this poo poo. Have Putin or his cronies or their state media said anything about it?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It's becoming impossible to talk about anything he does without noting how dumb it is.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Zophar posted:

Thank loving god, this would have been catastrophic.

Yay! Small victories are good too.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Cenk has been calling trump incredibly stupid for years now and that hesl has repeatedly stated that trump doesn't have a master plan. Glad the rest of the media seems to finally be awakening to this fact.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 26, 2019

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1177087128662085632

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Retro42 posted:

In all fairness he/she is gonna be very hard to employ in a few days here probably.

They're going to sell the exclusive rights to their story to Amazon/Netflix/Apple/etc. after a massive bidding war for 9 figures I bet.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Holy poo poo.

It's the ultimate projection of all.

Her Emails His Calls

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It seems like people assumed that Trump wasn't in fact spending all his private activities committing crimes as opposed to the last 30 years of his life and are now surprised.

You could start an Impeachment inquiry 18 months ago on, "I know I will find a dozen reasons if we look"

In my America fanfiction there's a separate branch of the government the DOJ is in that just audits everything all the time and has to provide all information to the house on request.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rabble posted:

Total Clancychat, totally plausible.

Yeah like, it's so loving Clancychat and I probably need to pay the Cat Tax, but the problem is that 1) getting the US to at least just not care about and not interfere with a Ukranian conquest is one of the big goals of all the espionage and interference Russia's been doing for the past, like, decade and a half, and 2) Trump has proven just this week that he's genuinely Dumb Enough to go right along with their plans. I always wondered if Russia was never quite sure what to do with the fact that we have a genuine, actual moron in the Oval Office, and once Trump said something truly stupid, the staff felt a need to do a diving catch and But His Calls the whole thing.

Speaking of which

CuddleCryptid posted:

Holy poo poo.

It's the ultimate projection of all.

Her Emails His Calls

god it's like poetry

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i don't loving know. i feel like it can't possibly be that bad, but even the GOP is shook and they basicaly talked about the russia thing like it was nothing. i am sure they will try to do the same thing like this but everyone has a breakpoint and this feels like it might be one. like if the stuff we know isn't the whole thing and its worse, than what could it be. i mean i am seeing never trumper chuds panic and those fucks kissed trump rear end with mueller. the GOP has going dark.

like my guilty plesure early clancy stuff and dumb speculative contempary military/spook thrillers video games bullshit and now i am trying to use my weird tired goon brain to figure out what possible thing could actually happen. its scary.

I mean, I’m not huge into Clancy style spy/espionage but we already know that Trump looks up to Putin as something of a father figure, and that Trump is also dumb enough to fall for obvious conspiracy bullshit.

In the call he mentions the cyber security company that helped deal with the DNC email server and I’m sure in his dementia rattled brain he thinks he’s doing to country a favor by finally getting to the bottom of the Clinton email scandal. He also takes the opportunity to try and scrounge up dirt on a political rival, something he was probably planning on doing anyway. The problem is that to a hammer everything looks like a nail, and the only way Trump knows how to deal with people is through fear, intimidation, and extortion.

And so, Putin puts the piece of cheese in front of the mouse, knowing that Trump can’t resist doing the bad thing. It’s 100% a littlefinger “chaos” move. Set Trump on the path to extort Ukraine and see if you can work that to your advantage. It almost worked too, at least as it relates to Ukraine directly. But even though Putin isn’t any closer to taking over Ukraine because of this, he’s successful managed to sew a little more chaos into the American political machine.

Edit: this is even MORE plausible if you assume that in Trump’s mind, anything related to Russia has already been litigated and he’s been cleared. “Well I didn’t get in trouble the last time I did something like this”. He has no ability to differentiate prior bad acts from current bad acts.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 26, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

has the whistleblower complaint leaked yet?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I can’t wait to see who else he throws under the bus.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Probably won't get out until the proper release time which is likely in six hours or so. There's no way the un-redacted version will leak.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

I wonder if there's more than this. I mean, we all understand how bad this is but I can see all the chuds yelling "nothingburger" because of HER EMAILS and the fact that they're so hypocritical and project everything. They'll claim this is no big deal even though they wanted blood for THOSE 300000 EMAILS AND THAT BEN GHAZI GUY BLARRRGGGGHHHH

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
And people wonder if interesting poo poo still happens on this board: https://twitter.com/cspamus1/status/1177033555282554880?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

SpaceDrake posted:

Probably won't get out until the proper release time which is likely in six hours or so. There's no way the un-redacted version will leak.

drat :sigh:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Well as long as we are doing fanfic:

Trump, alone with a very senior white house official: "Hmmm, we need to make this damned Ukraine thing go away.... here, these 5 pages in the middle look good, declassify that and send them to the house, that makes me look good."

Official, in his own personal hell now and regretting a few life decisions: *eyes widen at page three* "sir, I....." *pauses*

Trump: Yeah?

Official, nodding slowly: "yes sir, right away, I'll personally make sure the house gets this within the hour"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

you'll know it's out when this thread is exploding with page after page of twitter analysis of the leak

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

He really, really is. Not just him but so many politicians have shown their asses during this whole presidency. I really hope enough people understand we are governed by morons who aren't crafty they are just bold because they are stupid and opportunistic, and I'm not just talking about Republicans.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

you'll know it's out when this thread is exploding with page after page of twitter analysis of the leak

Yeah like. The document coming out is not going to be a quiet event :v:

We are either going to be losing our minds about Tom Clancy guiding reality from beyond the grave, :derp:ing over the fact that it was a nothingburger after all, or still at least sharing a lot of :stare: reactions over how Trump could be so dumb and get himself in such an obviously impeachable position.

The coming day is going to be a very busy thread day, if nothing else. And I still have work to get done and I want to play Code Vein when it comes out, gently caress :derp:

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
It actually feels like these dead gay forums are having something of a renaissance (didn’t lowtax say bandwidth costs were actually going up?), and my pet theory is that mobile devices have finally gotten good enough that you can easily use the forums/post from them, which was the initial reason people left here for twitter and thereabouts.

Re: clancychat, I’m getting flash backs to 2014 in the Ukraine thread where people were all “:rolleyes: no Putin isn’t going to literally invade, calm down goons”, and welp.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Prester Jane posted:

And people wonder if interesting poo poo still happens on this board: https://twitter.com/cspamus1/status/1177033555282554880?s=19

The tl:dr on this is fascinating: this video is perfect, probably even filmed in the same room, but the room was renovated in 2015 and the real piss tape shouldn't match the modern decor the way this fake does. Somebody made an excellent fake piss tape but didn't know the room changed layouts between 2013 and 2016.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah like. The document coming out is not going to be a quiet event :v:

We are either going to be losing our minds about Tom Clancy guiding reality from beyond the grave, :derp:ing over the fact that it was a nothingburger after all, or still at least sharing a lot of :stare: reactions over how Trump could be so dumb and get himself in such an obviously impeachable position.

The coming day is going to be a very busy thread day, if nothing else. And I still have work to get done and I want to play Code Vein when it comes out, gently caress :derp:

the good place s4e1 is coming out and the new mtg expansion is dropping on arena :negative:

and i guess i could maybe do some actual work as well or something

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
What annoys me most about Republicans is that everyone knows that they are loving lying, we know that they are lying, they know that they are lying and they know that we know that they are lying. But they will still sit there with that smug face daring us to punch them in their smug lying faces.
Then when we finally get pushed far enough to punch that loving mug they cry about how mean we are being to them.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Kill Bristol posted:

It actually feels like these dead gay forums are having something of a renaissance (didn’t lowtax say bandwidth costs were actually going up?), and my pet theory is that mobile devices have finally gotten good enough that you can easily use the forums/post from them, which was the initial reason people left here for twitter and thereabouts.

Re: clancychat, I’m getting flash backs to 2014 in the Ukraine thread where people were all “:rolleyes: no Putin isn’t going to literally invade, calm down goons”, and welp.

Anecdote: The vast majority of my forums browsing is via mobile at this point. Including this post.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Phones have been good enough to poo poo post on SA since the first iPhone, because that’s what I’ve been doing for more than a decade now, and I don’t even use any apps just safari.

Also I expect to wake up to 1,000+ posts here in the morning. :getin:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Kill Bristol posted:

In my sole Clancychatting defense: those distant 2014 times (gently caress I was still working on Trails back then) were before the full scope of the Ukraine/rebel/RF conflict, and before Putin discovered that yes, re-integrating old imperial/USSR territories back into the federation really could be a winner at home, especially with his growing nationalist base. Doubly so if it could be relatively bloodless.

It's still 100% Clancychat tho :v: we'll see what if anything has the congressfolk so spooked in five to six hours here.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Kill Bristol posted:

I've been speculating for awhile that people will move back to moderated forums and sites like LiveJournal (if it hadn't been sold) as we become more disillusioned with social media and such. Facebook is only alive right now because people forget Evite exists and are too lazy to set actual birthday reminders, twitter will probably still see enough use but only as a means to link to your blogs / forums. We're basically going to retreat back into our walled gardens for the most part.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Oh no, I think what you’re saying, while not the most likely scenario, is absolutely within the realm of possibility, and is probably not even that unlikely. Just reflecting on how loving crazy the world has gotten in the last half decade that what was once Clancy chat masturbating is now reasonably grounded speculation.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
When I wake up in the morning, I'm going to post "this is a loving nothingburger" before I even read what it was.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
Haven't seen this posted yet, Rep Stefanik, who has seen the complaint, basically calling it a nothingburger. Her district is only an R+4 so seems like it might not be quite as damning as indicated (or she's, much like Trump, really fuckin dumb)

https://twitter.com/EliseStefanik/status/1176990490308304897

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
She’s a republican you dolt

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Petr posted:

When I wake up in the morning, I'm going to post "this is a loving nothingburger" before I even read what it was.

There will almost certainly be a Lindsey Graham tweet saying exactly that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bottom Liner posted:

Phones have been good enough to poo poo post on SA since the first iPhone, because that’s what I’ve been doing for more than a decade now, and I don’t even use any apps just safari.

Also I expect to wake up to 1,000+ posts here in the morning. :getin:

you will, but it'll be a food derail

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Should not be impeached is pretty guarded language though. Sharp contrast to what was used with Mueller report.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Prester Jane posted:

Man, imagine if this actually was the 'Compromat' described in the Steele Dossier. A well-done fake that looks believable on the surface, enough to fool Donny and the team into bending the knee for Putin, but falls apart if anyone has the ability to do proper research.

It'd be just too poetic, which is why I dont think that is the case.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Strange Poon posted:

I've been speculating for awhile that people will move back to moderated forums and sites like LiveJournal (if it hadn't been sold) as we become more disillusioned with social media and such. Facebook is only alive right now because people forget Evite exists and are too lazy to set actual birthday reminders, twitter will probably still see enough use but only as a means to link to your blogs / forums. We're basically going to retreat back into our walled gardens for the most part.

Holy poo poo, I totally forgot Evite existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Boris Galerkin posted:

I can’t wait to see who else he throws under the bus.

Trump has precisely zero loyalty to anyone outside of maybe ivanka so the answer to this is really potentially anyone. Which is definitely promising as far as future entertainment potential goes

mod sassinator posted:

There will almost certainly be a Lindsey Graham tweet saying exactly that.

republicans don't even listen to lindsey graham