Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I just got an iPhone 11 and it’s my first big iPhone. I can’t reach the top left any longer with my thumb. How tough would it be to implement swipe left to go back to the thread list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It already exists but it can be fickle.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
I noticed that threads won’t load up if I reduce animation and transition animations on my promax iOS 13

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok this is dumb but weird.

Why is the icon a different color? The top picture is from the parent forum view and the bottom is from my bookmarks.

I guess it’s a bug? :shrug:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Updated to iOS 13. Adding more than one image when uploading to Imgur via the app crashes it every time.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

colachute posted:

Updated to iOS 13. Adding more than one image when uploading to Imgur via the app crashes it every time.

Yes it does.

13.1 just released today, worth a try in case it's an iOS thing.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Installed 13.1. Same issue.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’d just use the shortcut :shrug:

The in app stuff works but I’ve found the shortcut to be more consistent.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

CoolRanch posted:

I noticed that threads won’t load up if I reduce animation and transition animations on my promax iOS 13

I would never have considered this possibility for why my app is broken. So that’s what it is.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

freeedr posted:

I would never have considered this possibility for why my app is broken. So that’s what it is.
Yeah, I was able to leave Reduce Motion on for my 6S, but Prefer Cross-Fade Transitions had to go.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Animations are crucial to the Awful App Experience.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I’ll try hooking the app to a debugger and doing some of these things soon, hopefully they’re quick fixes.

Is it weird that I like the new iOS 13 way of doing the new post view? Looks nice.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Also , I’ve tried to fix some of these but there are still a few problems to investigate if Awful is set to a light theme but the OS is set to a dark theme.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

carry on then posted:

Is it weird that I like the new iOS 13 way of doing the new post view? Looks nice.

You mean the pages thing? I love it.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah it’s slick. You can half drag down and see the posts behind the post screen now, that could be pretty handy!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

spanky the dolphin posted:

Yeah it’s slick. You can half drag down and see the posts behind the post screen now, that could be pretty handy!

Holy poo poo, that I didn’t know. Very nice.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok I don’t understand this. Am I just being dense?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Ok I don’t understand this. Am I just being dense?

https://i.imgur.com/nifoQk3.mp4

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Uh ok I’m on 13.1 with a 11 pro max and that doesn’t do it for me? That’s cool as poo poo though!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Uh ok I’m on 13.1 with a 11 pro max and that doesn’t do it for me? That’s cool as poo poo though!

Maybe it's only in the latest beta :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ah ok probably. Awesome feature though and looks spiffy!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok weird “bug” and probably related to the new Apple keyboard vs the app itself. If you have the automatic dark mode set and you start in light mode but it switches to dark the keyboard stays light and stops working till you click off it and load the correct dark mode keyboard.

You just have to click in the text box and it loads the right keyboard.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh that is very cool!

Now make it so I can scroll the thread while pulling down

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Presenting view controllers don't respond to touches while their presented view controllers are even partially visible, so it's not really possible to do that.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Cool

Yea also 13.1 pro Max and that doesn't work, but it's pretty nice so looking forward to it

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Downloaded the new update, and the app icon with an alternate icon is being weird.

Other apps with alternate icons don’t seem to do this?

(It switches back to the original icon momentarily before changing to the one I picked.)

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Pretty sure that's an OS bug. I saw the same thing with Tweetbot the other day.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Yeah same thing with WeekCal

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

carry on then posted:

Presenting view controllers don't respond to touches while their presented view controllers are even partially visible, so it's not really possible to do that.

That makes sense, but bummer.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
That’s really weird because it works just fine for apps like 1Password. Not that I don’t believe you just that it’s weird that it only affects some apps it seems.

For the record everyone of you are seeing this with Awful?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm not seeing it. I tried switching to a weird icon and it appears to stay there while the app zooms in.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Pretty psyched for this new dark mode support, new plat icon, and the new post card view. :woop:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

fourwood posted:

Pretty psyched for this new dark mode support, new plat icon, and the new post card view. :woop:

Yeah this poo poo nice, :thanks:!

e: the :thanks: emote (which apparently exists) is hard to see in dark mode!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

New plat icon is much better in dark mode, thank you!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I'm not sure if this is new behavior or not (just updated both Awful to v3.63 and iOS to v13.1, on an iPhone 8+), but it seems like space-initial long lines in [code] blocks are breaking frames and making the whole page of the thread have a horizontal scrollbar, as in this block:
code:
this is a long wrapped line 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 since it doesn't begin with a space, and the wrapping can even insert linebreaks between characters in a single word (including within the digits "word" above)

On my screen the last part of the above line actually gets broken such the last screenline starts with " word" and the rest of the line no longer gets wrapped!
  :O

This line intentionally/actually starts with one space and just break the frame for the whole page currently, with no wrapping
Frankly I prefer the non-wrapping behavior within code blocks, but I'd prefer EVEN MORE* if the non-wrapped wide code blocks had their own horizontal scrollbars. The horizontal scrollbars also mean I can't swipe from the left edge to go back (unless I zoom all the way out).
*FEATURE REQUEST and/or BUG REPORT

Here's a screenshot of a preview of an older version of this post that demonstrates how these issues are showing up for me:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm on the same version of everything, on an 11 pro Max and that also table breaks on my phone.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Follow up: my long line above seems to cause some problems since zooming out to the max isn't enough to see the whole line, meaning horizontal scrollbars are present at all zoom levels, so swiping back just doesn't work at all.

Relatedly: when you zoom way out and tap on a user's name or a post's "•••" button to display the modal panel, it is drawn significantly below the location tapped, with greater overshooting when the tap target is further down on your screen. So if your tap target is about halfway down the screen or below (including if you're tapping the "•••" button of the last post in the thread), the modal panel will try to draw at least partially offscreen, which appears to mean the modal panel instead just doesn't get drawn! This appears to freeze the thread (graying out e.g. the bottom buttons) and causes swiping-to-scroll to be ignored entirely; you just need to tap outside the offscreen modal, i.e. anywhere, to dismiss it and functionality. Then zoom back in probably to be able to do stuff again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

In the last day or so I noticed that swiping left with the Pencil on my iPad Pro won't slide the side panel out (bookmarks, settings, etc...). Works fine with my finger or a non-Pencil stylus.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
For some reason my bookmarks tab will stop letting me click threads sometimes. I have to close the app and restart it. Going to a forum works fine, scrolling works fine, but my bookmarks don’t work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Minor bug on iPad Pro 11:

If the app isn't opened for a while and you open it, it opens up to the thread you left on, although it's all marked read and it lost your spot. That's not a big deal. The bug is that the scroll indicator seems to be absent in that scenario, making it impossible to see how far you have left on the page. It comes back when you advance a page or go to a different thread. I didn't think to try refreshing the page.