Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Nunes is so stupid that he's making this guy mad at him instead of keeping him on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

eke out posted:

Nunes is so stupid that he's making this guy mad at him instead of keeping him on his side.

His face instantly contorting when he realized Nunes was trying to blame him was very good

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.

refleks posted:

lmao, now Nunes is accusing the intelligence community of leaking all calls the president has :D

And this dude is very good at covering his rear end and is throwing it right back on the White House and the dozens of folks who were much more likely to leak the calls. He shut Nunes the gently caress down.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

loving lol. That's all Nunes has got - how did people find out about the crimes?!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

"I hope to be talking to you again soon, hopefully not in the public, hopefully behind closed doors where this is supposed to be done"

gently caress YOU NUNES.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
All of the Democrats on this committee should just yield their time to Schiff.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Nunes just said the dumbest thing I think he has ever said to conclude his questioning

Basically 'I sure hope we gett to cover these things up next time like they ought to have been'

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
This guy seems to have woken up when Nunes started talking. He couldn’t even answer yes or no questions with Schiff.

Also Nunes is flubbing this. He has no argument he is trying to make.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

theflyingorc posted:

He doesn't understand what he's saying ever, so you can ask him to say anything and he'll say it with the same level of confidence.

he is desperate. he is looking for ANY kind of murk to hide in and is desperate to look for any kind of cover or advantage but this poo poo is simple/bad enough for him to be hosed.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

loving lol. That's all Nunes has got - how did people find out about the crimes?!

he didn't even use his full time

very low energy and sad

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
lol @ Nunes backing the dude into a corner and making him further clarify that Trump releasing these transcripts is just as unprecedented as Nunes was attempting to make the whistleblower complaint out to be

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Clearly their strategy is to try and discredit the whistleblower but it’s a bit late for that since we have documents corroborating what he said

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
I'm curious why the president would *want* to have private conversations with other world leaders, as Nunes implies. The president is supposed to be advocating on behalf of the US, not cutting loving deals that benefit him.

It's absolutely tradition to publish 'readouts' of discussion with foreign leaders, this is a perfectly normal thing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If they don’t want the information to leak, maybe stop committing crimes?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

God I hope someone is figuring out how fast they can lock down that server.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 26, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1177185333047386112?s=19

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Another significant note in the Classified Appendix:

quote:

"On 18 July, an Office of Management and Budget (OMB) official informed Departments and Agencies that the President "earlier that month" had issued instructions to suspend all U.S. security assistance to Ukraine. Neither OMB nor the NSC knew why this instruction had been issued. During interagency meetings on the 23 July and 26 July, OMB officials again stated explicitly that the instruction to suspend this assistance had come directly from the President, but they still were unaware of a policy rationale."

Oracle fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 26, 2019

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Catching up on all this is quite the task but...

Am I understanding this correctly that they could have completely fabricated yesterday's first "transcript" and avoided or at least delayed the drama but they just kinda left the crimes in? :psyduck:

I mean I expect incompetence from everyone in this administration but... drat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i am still amused at his face turn.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Don’t forget war with Iran. We might not impeach fast enough.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I don't think the Administration is competent enough to think this through, but it feels like releasing the most damning evidence ahead of the evidence that just alludes to it is not the worst move. It means the most recent information is more equivocal than what came before, and the news media is awful at contextualizing.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

I feel a little bad now whenever I confuse him with ross douthat.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

"Asking the President to investigate a political opponent is illegal."

"Unbelievable, you get that from Media Matters Juan?"

What a bunch of snakes. How do they accidentally let a few people on who have a shred (just a shred) of decency?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Oracle posted:

Another significant note in the Classified Appendix:

absolutely. and I guarantee that that came through Steve Mnuchin and he is 110% involved in all this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just post in this thread Peter, you don't have to tweet about it.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

LOl Himes is grilling on why they didnt comply with a subpoena

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I still can’t get over the Verrit guy getting woke. What a loving timeline.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I think the dems best read at this moment would be catch on that all this guy wants to do is cover his own rear end and start playing nice and feed him opportunities to throw WH staff as far under the bus as possible.

SpaceCadetBob fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 26, 2019

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nunes has DNI admit that a dozen people listened to the crime call. Amazing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Phobic Nest posted:

Catching up on all this is quite the task but...

Am I understanding this correctly that they could have completely fabricated yesterday's first "transcript" and avoided or at least delayed the drama but they just kinda left the crimes in? :psyduck:

I mean I expect incompetence from everyone in this administration but... drat.

They left crimes in (but there might be MORE!) and it matches the whistleblower's report perfectly.

Also they classified everything involving Ukraine so highly that the bureaucratic paper trail for it would reach to the moon and back. They stuck it in a classification category so high that you can't walk into the same building it's in without being X-rayed coming and going. Their attempt to bury it may have just given it infinite traceability instead haha

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Peter Daou getting super woke has got to be the most hilarious part of this unrelentingly dark timeline that we've fallen into.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nail Rat posted:

"Asking the President to investigate a political opponent is illegal."

"Unbelievable, you get that from Media Matters Juan?"

What a bunch of snakes. How do they accidentally let a few people on who have a shred (just a shred) of decency?

A few Fox News shows bring in someone who tends to not be the best at arguing so the conservative hosts can just dunk on them over and over while they look ineffective. It’s why they tend to be unprepared when someone who can do that comes on a show

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

Peter Daou getting super woke has got to be the most hilarious part of this unrelentingly dark timeline that we've fallen into.

I mean, someone in the party has to learn from their mistakes of 2016.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
I’m currently stuck in some medical appointments, so I really appreciate the live posting you all are doing since I can’t really stream things here.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Yep this guy is loving throwing WH legal counsel under the bus.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
DNI confirming that DOJ office of legal counsel determined that the complaint was not of urgent concern. lol.

edit Sewell is up, she's pretty good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobjr posted:

A few Fox News shows bring in someone who tends to not be the best at arguing so the conservative hosts can just dunk on them over and over while they look ineffective. It’s why they tend to be unprepared when someone who can do that comes on a show

yea Juan is the new Allan Combs, he's a really milquetoast liberal with no real threatening leftist views other than a generic 'racism...bad?' kinda stance, and he's really bad at arguing despite this literally being his job for decades, so they just have him on to go 'I think, personally, it may be bad for Trump to destroy the safety net to give a small profit to his friends' and have everyone go 'BUT IT'S GOOD ACTUALLY'. They kinda weren't ready for him to actually have a good burn.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Timmy Age 6 posted:

I’m currently stuck in some medical appointments, so I really appreciate the live posting you all are doing since I can’t really stream things here.

We sacrifice our brain meats so others do not have to! It is my honor to serve my comrades.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So it seems that the GOP members of the committee are going to attack the process of what went on rather than the substance. They're also tone policing. They know they can't really attack this on the facts they're just like "This shouldn't be going on in the public and this is tearing our country apart and I'm sorry Mr. Director if the Dems are mean to you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

these streams need some setting that mutes when the gop has a turn.

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1177225873386160129

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1177225654997270529