Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
On the one hand, the mandatory GOP troops fellation is annoying.

On the other, it burns up 20s+ of their time so, cool.

Halloween Chinchilla tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah but go enjoy your retirement like my dad is. that's why i ask why they don't just retire.

Did you miss the part about the additional 6 figure salary?

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

scuz posted:

mr welch: "i'm gonna apply my lips directly to your wrinkly, pruned rear end, thank you, sir"

Wait for it bud. He is being polite not pandering.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ZachWahls/status/1177244555520937985

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Gunthen posted:

Two democrats in a row confused me, alternating from republican to democrat during this makes me expect a certain unnatural rhythm

A dilemma for democracy is putting it lightly

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Heck crushed it imo

Welch is asking good questions but too complex for child IQs, Heck was more soundbyteable

Edit: I was wrong

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Welch dropping a bomb telling Maguire he is not safe

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Skex posted:

Did you miss the part about the additional 6 figure salary?

he's not gonna have much time to enjoy if he works until he dies.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How many people have yet to go?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
this strike is about to go on for a while

https://twitter.com/davidshepardson/status/1177246391464337408

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Uh, lol

This is super bad for Trump.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

he's not gonna have much time to enjoy if he works until he dies.

Money buys a lot of happiness for some people, though in a lot of cases it's just covering up the hole from soul crushing work.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trump just shouting 'OH SO NOW YOU GUYS CARE ABOUT CRIMES????'

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Heck crushed it imo

Welch is asking good questions but too complex for child IQs, Heck was more soundbyteable

What Welch asked was the whole point of this hearing. At what point is it the job of the people we trust to protect the integrity of our democracy to say something when a law is broken? What are the limits of executive privileged, and how do we handle those limits while keeping the president accountable for his actions.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Slowpoke! posted:

Gunthen posted:

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Heck crushed it imo

Edit: I was wrong
Yeah, after the "service blah blah blah" I assumed the worst but that was a p good line of questioning from Welch I thought? Maybe? But yes, Heck was wayyyy more direct.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

This poll was also taken on Tuesday, before the transcript came out.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
DNI: "IT WAS MY FIRST DAY!!!!!"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

Trump just shouting 'OH SO NOW YOU GUYS CARE ABOUT CRIMES????'

This poll was before the transcript was released BTW

I can't imagine what the Democratic/Independent side is going to look like in the next few days

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
For people who missed this when it was posted back in March or who have forgotten it, this is a verbatim quote from Devin's lawsuit:

quote:

Devin Nunes’ Mom stated that Nunes had turned out worse than Jacob Wohl; falsely accused Nunes of being a racist, having “white supremist friends” and distributing “disturbing inflammatory racial propaganda”; falsely accused Nunes of putting up a “Fake News MAGA” sign outside a Texas Holocaust museum; falsely stated that Nunes would probably join the “Proud Boys”, “if it weren’t for that unfortunate ‘no masturbating’ rule”; disparagingly called him a “presidential fluffer and swamp rat”; falsely stated that Nunes had brought “shame” to his family; repeatedly accused Nunes of the crime of treason, compared him to Benedict Arnold, and called him a “traitor”, “treasonous shitbag”, a “treasonous Putin shill”, working for the “Kremlin”; falsely stated that Nunes was “100% bought and sold. He has no interest remaining for his constituents”; falsely accused Nunes of being part of the President’s “taint” team; falsely stated that Nunes was unfit to run the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence; falsely accused Nunes of “secretly hat[ing] the people he’s supposed to serve”; falsely accused Nunes of being a “lying piece of poo poo”; falsely stated that Nunes would lose custody of his children and was going to “the pen”; falsely accused Nunes of receiving pay for undermining “American Democracy”; falsely stated that Nunes was “the most despicably craven GOP public official” and that “Devin might be a unscrupulous, craven, back-stabbing, charlatan and traitor, but he’s no Ted Cruz”; falsely stated that Nunes was “voted ‘Most Likely to Commit Treason’ in high school”; falsely stated that “The people of California’s Central Valley are upright folk who work hard, look you square in the eye and give you a firm handshake. And then there is @DevinNunes”; falsely stated that Nunes is “not ALL about deceiving people. He’s also about betraying his country and colluding with Russians”; stated “I don’t know about Baby Hitler, but would sure-as-poo poo abort baby Devin”; falsely stated that “Alpha Omega wines taste like treason”; falsely stated that “@DevinNunes wanted me to tell everyone that he’ll be releasing a pic soon to get ahead of that AMI thing, and that it only looks that way because of all the blow”; falsely suggested that Nunes might be willing to give the President a “blowjob”; falsely stated “@Devin Nunes look @SpeakerRyan is removing @Rep_Hunter from his committee seat because he’s corrupt and incompetent. I wonder why he let you keep yours?”; falsely accused Nunes of “covering up Trump’s conspiracy against the United States”; falsely accused Nunes of lying to Congress; falsely accused Nunes of suborning “perjury”; falsely stated that “@Devin Nunes is DEFINITELY a feckless oval office”; falsely stated that “[i]f you vote for @Devin Nunes the terrorists win”; falsely stated “please don’t call @DevinNunes compromised. He’s not at all. He’s a complete and total loving traitor”; falsely stated that Nunes was a “spy” in Congress “passing along information to the subject of a federal investigation”; falsely stated that Nunes knows “a thing or two about throwing away evidence, don’t you Scabbers”; falsely claimed that Nunes was “WANTED” and hiding and “hopes he doesn’t get indicted”; falsely claimed that Nunes would “probably see an indictment before 2020”; and even falsely stated that Nunes has “herp-face”.

With a footnote explaining that Scabbers is Ron's pet rat from Harry Potter

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 26, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

scuz posted:

Yeah, after the "service blah blah blah" I assumed the worst but that was a p good line of questioning from Welch I thought? Maybe? But yes, Heck was wayyyy more direct.

yea Welsh asked good questions for an actual, ya know, investigation and all but Heck just kinda cut to the meat of things to make the point clear

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

OAquinas posted:

DNI: "IT WAS MY FIRST DAY!!!!!"

I WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO COME IN TODAY!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Is there anymore polling that indicates this? Because if so holy poo poo this might actually be the herald of the mattering

Of course there is still a long way to go, a lot more news cycles, and a lot more opportunities on both sides to gently caress things up so...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

This poll was before the transcript was released BTW

I can't imagine what the Democratic/Independent side is going to look like in the next few days

lol jesus

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Oh god Maloney bending him over his knee and spanking Maguire now

“But it happened so fast! I was still using a Garmin to get to work!”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yeah this is from a couple days ago so hopefully it would be worse now and in the next couple days. BUT YouGov kind of sucks and I’d wait for real pollsters to get some done first.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

lol he dead

the wording of this question makes it slightly less of a slam dunk then it appears at first glance imo

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Wait did all the Republicans leave?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1177247471111692291

:lol:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ague Proof posted:

For people who missed this when it was posted back in March or who have forgotten it, this is a verbatim quote from Devin's lawsuit:

It's real smart and a good idea that Nunes memorialized all of this officially in a lawsuit instead of, you know, ignoring people making GBS threads on him via twitter.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Good for the UAW

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

TGLT posted:

Wait did all the Republicans leave?

They ran out of republicans I'm pretty sure. The committee has more democrats, as they're the majority.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
this is p damned cool :3

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Oh poo poo Maguire has probably spoken to the President about the whistleblower and he won’t budge

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

They ran out of republicans I'm pretty sure. The committee has more democrats, as they're the majority.

No, I mean they cut back to a wide shot and there are a shitload of empty seats.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

I thought he was running for a seat in NH?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Paradoxish posted:

lol he dead

the wording of this question makes it slightly less of a slam dunk then it appears at first glance imo

Yeah the "if" in that does make things kind of invalid though. When pressed I'm guessing none of the republican respondents would say hes guilty.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Would be a good idea to hold him in contempt right about.... now. Now is a good time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Slowpoke! posted:

i mean, lets be real. trump will probably fire him soon.

yeah the guy who mocked a immigrant girl with down syndrom getting ripped from her parents is gonna help me.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

TGLT posted:

No, I mean they cut back to a wide shot and there are a shitload of empty seats.

Oh well then probably, yeah. Don't see why they'd stick around except for I believe Nunes will get a chance to say something at the end. They're not interested in the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

TGLT posted:

They leave after they get their soundbites because they don't actually have any interest in doing their job or even allowing the job to be done in the first place.