Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

scuz posted:

that grahambling tweet thread proves the gop has pinned everything on the second-hand knowledge thing as if that somehow means that it's all made up this is awesome

I hate this tactics because it's absolutely going to force the whistleblower forward. It's likely literally their job to collect and analyze this exact information. GOP is going to out a whistleblower out of spite and stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177256808072671233

can't wait for his comments when he gets back to dc.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It also seems a questionable move (at least in my mind) for Graham to dare Democrats to vote for impeachment. Like...did you think this would make Trump look good? I know that he's far up Trump's rear end and probably thinks that negative coverage is good, but that's bizarre.

e: To clarify who I was talking about.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

Yeah, well, Navy SEALs tend to follow orders, no matter how dumb or illegal.

I feel like the venn diagram of SEALs and decent people is probably two independent circles.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Graham wants a vote simply so he can point at the numbers and scream partisanship.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It also seems a questionable move (at least in my mind) for Graham to dare Democrats to vote for impeachment. Like...did you think this would make Trump look good? I know that he's far up Trump's rear end and probably thinks that negative coverage is good, but that's bizarre.

He's living in a world where voting for impeachment will hurt some of them. He's trying to scare them into believing that it will come back to haunt them.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

HOW?!?!

How does this man exist?!? How can someone so consistently fire a cannon into their foot and keep walking?!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

its because he doesn't care and is an opertunistic whore. if trump falls some how, he will stab trump on the way out and pretend he was always loyal to america or some poo poo.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I hope this hasn't been posted here and isn't too off topic but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHRh0vJpEs

this video is loving great and gently caress the Trump administration and every cultural non-value they stand for

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
The thread's a firehose at the moment so I may have missed it, but I didn't see this mentioned.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1177254941754310657
https://twitter.com/kpolantz/status/1177256680024920065

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The Super-Id posted:

I feel like the venn diagram of SEALs and decent people is probably two independent circles.

They're just crazier marines, who are psychos to start with.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Old from yesterday but the way Trump referred to the Ukraine call as a "perfect call" has me thinking he views these things as like some interaction that can be graded like one of those interactions in an RPG like Fire Emblem.

"Nailed It! Full Points! The Best Topics! Perfect Tea Time! Confidant Rank Up! Had Zelensky giving me the googly eyes at the end, Sparkles all around em'! Even offered em' a gift at the end but he was already satisfied! Pure Magic!"

Obviously it's because he doesn't understand descriptive language and context at all and has to exaggerate the poo poo out of everything to try to turn it into some self-aggrandizing personal accomplishment but still funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

HOW?!?!

How does this man exist?!? How can someone so consistently fire a cannon into their foot and keep walking?!

9/11 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Important update from FOX News:
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1177194016842113029

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Man, listening to these republican call-ins makes it clear that anyone on that side of the fence bought the R grandstanding hook line and sinker. Anything, no matter how far a stretch, to shelter from reality.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

theflyingorc posted:

He's living in a world where voting for impeachment will hurt some of them. He's trying to scare them into believing that it will come back to haunt them.

Yep, and he probably believes the rhetoric that an impeachment would "look bad for Democrats" or whatever.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its because he doesn't care and is an opertunistic whore. if trump falls some how, he will stab trump on the way out and pretend he was always loyal to america or some poo poo.

This too. I think he and several of the others will continue to support Donny right up until the moment they don't, and then pretend that they were always the opposition.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I can't believe this loving milquetoast loser never heard of blueberries or blueberry syrup on pancakes. How utterly loving boring of a human being do you have to be do be surprised by this poo poo?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dapper_Swindler posted:

"I supported President Trump feverently because I believe in his message and his actions that lifted up the country out of the mess that was created by the previous administration. However, due to new allegations that have come to light with the investigations by the House, I have decided that impeachment is the best course of action for the House to pursue. While I believe in his message, the actions that were taken in pursuit of that goal were misguided and will cause nothing but delays by hostile democrats, holding our country back from prosperity"

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Angry_Ed posted:

Anonymous Tipster "Pounded in the Butt by my own Cover-up"

This should be the name of trumps chapter in the history books.

Written, of course, by chuck tingle.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

On a bright note, the DNI basically confirmed that the WH waived privilege on the Ukraine call so it's fair game for a whole lot of other things. Theoretically they could subpoena/interview anyone who listened in on the call without issue..

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm not shocked that they did crimes.

I'm shocked that they're so bad at crimes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Super-Id posted:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

"I supported President Trump feverently because I believe in his message and his actions that lifted up the country out of the mess that was created by the previous administration. However, due to new allegations that have come to light with the investigations by the House, I have decided that impeachment is the best course of action for the House to pursue. While I believe in his message, the actions that were taken in pursuit of that goal were misguided and will cause nothing but delays by hostile democrats, holding our country back from prosperity"

pretty much. but it will be less vague than that.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Angry_Ed posted:

I can't believe this loving milquetoast loser never heard of blueberries or blueberry syrup on pancakes. How utterly loving boring of a human being do you have to be do be surprised by this poo poo?

Its a propaganda deflection technique to buy time for the narrative to be established

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

There was at least one person in the thread saying that if, by this time, Republicans were still mum about the complaint, it was a sign that things were bad for them.

It's certainly a good sign. Their initial shambolic attempts to distribute talking points backfired on them immediately when they distributed them openly, so they're still scrambling to come up with new ones. But I think it was also pointed out that this is still the opening phase of this latest scandal, and it often takes a few days for the Republicans to organize themselves in their normal lock-step manner, so it's really Monday that should be seen as the defining day. If they're still scrambling to defend Dirty Donald's illegal use of military aid as a slush fund to blackmail foreign governments and discredit his political rivals, and the incompetent cover-up of the same, then American public perception of his actions as being blatantly corrupt will begin settling into place.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177262335771021312?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Feldegast42 posted:

Its a propaganda deflection technique to buy time for the narrative to be established

I am aware, it still doesn't make Brian Kilmeade sound like anything other than the most boring human being alive.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

I'm not shocked that they did crimes.

I'm shocked that they're so bad at crimes.

Tbf, Donald J. Trump's whole biography has been one long, continuous string of him being bad at crimes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tweet through it, sir.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

USPOL Fall: the very nice, no pressure, thread

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

...see what was said on the call...which confirms the report... :psyduck:

It's "the news is fake but the leaks are real" all over again.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Majorian posted:

Tbf, Donald J. Trump's whole biography has been one long, continuous string of him being bad at crimes.

It seems the core component of succeeding at crimes for multiple decades is to have an obscene amount of money or lock some bank into a loan where they keep giving you other loans because you are too big to fail, i.e. the Trump Special.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

There was at least one person in the thread saying that if, by this time, Republicans were still mum about the complaint, it was a sign that things were bad for them.

This seems to confirm that, despite Graham squawking about "second-hand knowledge".

yea Graham would react to a video tape of Trump loving and murdering a child with 'well maybe the kid deserved it' so we can't use him as the barometer, the fact that most republicans are taking the 'uuuh I haven't looked yet' or 'I have no comments but generic maga bullshit' routes are much more interesting.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Those who lived in USSR in :91 know is as the "Swan Lake".

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Majorian posted:

He is literally the epitome of Rich White Male Privilege.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177263650068815872?s=20

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

lmao he thinks the problem is people think he was too mean on the call

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177263650068815872

Schiff's live reply: I'm always flattered when I'm attacked by someone of the Presidents character.

:drat:

Rime fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 26, 2019

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

lmao he thinks the problem is people think he was too mean on the call

Who was it in this thread that called that? Impressive insight into mushbrain there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

tweet through it, sir.