Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eviltastic posted:

Finally, the thread can feel some sense of solidarity with a GOP Senator.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1177295177771343877

Extremely same, Sen, Ernst.

"I talk about ethanol and ethanol accessories"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Hel-lo, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

evilweasel posted:

they did? no avatar is even showing up for me

man i'm not sure i've even seen most of the madvatars
          \
           \

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 26, 2019

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

they did? no avatar is even showing up for me

man i'm not sure i've even seen most of the madvatars

it's a picture of the person who gave it to you

:supaburn: <- them, on reading my incredibly witty own

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Party Plane Jones posted:

my mind is shot so what happened last september that cause the jump?

Manafort conviction, Cohen guilty plea and statement about The Crimes

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah I filed to get that thing removed cause I'm tired of looking at it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eviltastic posted:

\
           \

how odd i see you're linking an image, and i see that link it if i inspect source in my profile, but if i go to that image i get a 404

fool_of_sound posted:

ahh well that would do it

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 26, 2019

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

fool_of_sound posted:

-Nancy Pelosi, referring to Donald Trump

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mdemone posted:

They're gonna have to fashion entire year-long courses in university about this four-year period. Entire bookshelves will be written by Robert Caro. The HBO miniseries will run for 20 seasons.

A Song of ICE and You're Fired?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can tell your adblocker that a specific image is an ad if you don't want to look at it anymore. Doesn't work on mobile obviously

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
https://twitter.com/jenerous/status/1176659262321364997

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CannonFodder posted:

A Song of ICE and You're Fired?

Like a Dog.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

evilweasel posted:

you're making a pretty critical error where you analogize the party's interest as a whole to individual republicans. you need to look at it from the standpoint of an individual republican senator. for most of those senators, the primary is the only thing that matters. they piss off the 85% of their base that loves trump, they're out of a job. they piss off the 15% that has shame? eh, they're still gonna win the general.

now, the party's interest may be for all of those senators to take the hard vote, lose their primary for the good of the party, then unify the whole 100% behind Trump, But Less Obviously Corrupt. but none of the senators are going to go for that: they're republicans, suggesting self-sacrifice for the greater good to them is going to risk them literally dying of laughter.

I agree with this generally, but keep in mind that this is a national poll. Around 30% support is probably the point where the Republican controlled areas that aren't completely loving insane are heavily in favor of impeachment. That might break off enough to make it work, while all of the other Republicans vote against to save themselves.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

eviltastic posted:

God I would loving kill to be a fly on Costa's wall right now

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

eviltastic posted:

This is one of the most "god same" tweets I've seen in years.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

evilweasel posted:

how odd i see you're linking an image, and i see that link it if i inspect source in my profile, but if i go to that image i get a 404

ahh well that would do it

It is the profile of the rear end of a pig, and a large poop is resting atop said pig's enormous testicles

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Paradoxish posted:

I agree with this generally, but keep in mind that this is a national poll. Around 30% support is probably the point where the Republican controlled areas that aren't completely loving insane are heavily in favor of impeachment. That might break off enough to make it work, while all of the other Republicans vote against to save themselves.

Nah its not even going to be that. If they attempt to impeach with only 30% republican support the other 70% would be very quickly showing up at their offices with their AR's to dissuade them of that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

It is the profile of the rear end of a pig, and a large poop is resting atop said pig's enormous testicles

Huh? I thought it was a picture of Trump and Rudy

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Paradoxish posted:

W got down to nearly 25% only a decade ago

But then again, part of that was that nobody felt they had to defend him to win the presidency again. If he was able to run a third time, more Republicans would have convinced themselves to vote for him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

fool_of_sound posted:

thank you

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile

https://mobile.twitter.com/wsls/status/1176955902412369920

quote:

The accrediting body that oversees Liberty University has asked the college for more information about recent news reports that have questioned President Jerry Falwell Jr.’s leadership style and personal business interests, a spokeswoman told The Associated Press.

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges recently sent the Lynchburg university a letter asking it to “respond to the media reports,” Janea Johnson said this week.

Johnson declined to provide details about the contents of the letter or any specific concerns the commission would like addressed, saying the commission doesn’t divulge such communications. The most recently available tax records show Falwell makes about $1 million a year running the school.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
It's piggy poop balls. Perennial post .cx slandervatar. Glad to see it go!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

yeah but the issue is there's more than 34 senators representing states that are completely loving insane

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Nah its not even going to be that. If they attempt to impeach with only 30% republican support the other 70% would be very quickly showing up at their offices with their AR's to dissuade them of that

I believe he means 30% overall support.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i feel like falwell is possibly done. he pissing where he lives and eats and more importantly on the dime of richer people. he hosed.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bakanogami posted:

So what are the potential endgames for this mess?

1) House votes to impeach, enough Senate republicans flip in an anonymous vote to remove Trump from office. Without the shield of the office, he's immediately tried for many crimes and spends the rest of his life in jail.

2) House votes to impeach, senate convicts, but Pence turns around and pardons him. Trump is removed from office, but faces no other punishment.

3) House votes to impeach, senate convicts, but Trump doesn't accept the impeachment as legitimate, refuses to leave and keeps acting like he's President. Pence does nothing to deter this or remove him from the White House. Everyone gets very confused.

4) House votes to impeach, but it fails when the Senate vote is roughly along party lines. No consequences, but assuming it's not an anonymous vote it gets senators on record and the fallout looms over the 2020 election.

5) House votes to impeach, but Mitch decides he doesn't have to ever bring it up in the senate if he doesn't want to. In a 5-4 decision the SC backs him up.

6) The house impeachment vote fails when Nancy Pelosi and a few other dems refuse to vote for it, because it's for the voters to decide lol

7) House impeachment proceedings get so bogged down they never reach the voting stage. We're treated to a year of committee hearings and the press gets time to think of a sexy "-gate" name before Trump is voted out normally in 2020.

8) They stonewall on every subpoena so that the hearings never get anything done. They threaten to hold people in contempt but never seem to get around to it. Trump wins reelection in 2020 and either the dems lose the house or decide that the people have spoken and back down from impeachment.

9) Trump invites house dems to a meeting to talk about it on 5th avenue and shoots them all.

I figure #4 is most likely, and 1-3 are never happening because the Senate republicans are just as crooked as Trump is.

Can a 1 term President be impeached, removed from office, and then run again in the next election? Asking for a friend...

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

theflyingorc posted:

W got down to nearly 25% only a decade ago

But then again, part of that was that nobody felt they had to defend him to win the presidency again. If he was able to run a third time, more Republicans would have convinced themselves to vote for him.

There was also that little issue of the economy imploding

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Astro7x posted:

Can a 1 term President be impeached, removed from office, and then run again in the next election? Asking for a friend...
Part of impeachment, which is usually done, is you can be barred from ever holding any office again.

goethe.cx posted:

There was also that little issue of the economy imploding

That dropped him about 5% lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

eviltastic posted:

:lol: I didn't even catch that she was hinting at drinking heavily

Well played Senator :hmmyes:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So in the situation where Trump is out of commission for the next election, how would those states that got rid of their GOP primaries work then?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

democrats are going to screw this impeachment up by taking a two week recess.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

An impeached President is explicitly prohibited from public office.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: I didn't even catch that she was hinting at drinking heavily

Well played Senator :hmmyes:

I read "Iowa" and thought "oh well yeah corn" but this makes way more sense.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ManBoyChef posted:

They're working over the recess.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Are you really, though?

I mean, really??

...no. :(

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

It's a working recess by the sounds of it. Everyone is gonna go home and make the case, but committees are still going to get the subpoenas/etc out there regularly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mango sentinel posted:

An impeached President is explicitly prohibited from public office.

Not necessarily, it's at the Senate's discretion. It would almost certainly happen in this case.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
lol by the fact that Trump might get taken down by a secret server. 100% projection all the way down.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

bobjr posted:

So in the situation where Trump is out of commission for the next election, how would those states that got rid of their GOP primaries work then?

Congrats, you played yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Haleaziz/status/1177326084016214031