Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bobjr posted:

So in the situation where Trump is out of commission for the next election, how would those states that got rid of their GOP primaries work then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

(does this count as a tax?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bobjr posted:

So in the situation where Trump is out of commission for the next election, how would those states that got rid of their GOP primaries work then?

:lol: I hadn't even considered that

Delicious:unsmigghh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Clearly, Pelosi waited on impeachment until a few states canceled their primaries, for this very reason.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bobjr posted:

smoky back room, or pence by default lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CPColin posted:

Clearly, Pelosi waited on impeachment until a few states canceled their primaries, for this very reason.

I will say, while I don't think her reasoning for dragging her feet on impeachment before now was good, it seems to be working out nonetheless!

Edit lol this is day 3 of the new thread

day

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1177325482192322560

https://twitter.com/NRCC/status/1177262921245761537

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1177323921244377088

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CPColin posted:

What's to stop them from uncancelling? Seems to be just a formality

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

bobjr posted:

Yeah I was roflcoptering for like an hour yesterday just thinking about that

My guess is they will suddenly schedule insta primaries after all but it depends on timing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BonoMan posted:

Planning an election is nontrivial and takes time. Depending on the timing of this hypothetical removal from office, they might not have the time to run their primary or caucus as planned

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

An impeached President is explicitly prohibited from public office.

Not if you buy into this fresh, eye-clawingly terrible, middle-road-rear end take from a Politico contibutor:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/25/congress-should-remove-trump-from-office-but-let-him-run-again-228228
"Congress Should Remove Trump from Office, But Let Him Run Again in 2020
Yes, that’s possible. And it might just help get Republicans—and the public—on board with impeachment."

phhhheeeeeyooooo

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 26, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They literally don't give a poo poo about anything except hurting people

https://twitter.com/NRCC/status/1177305741507670018?s=19

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

BonoMan posted:

I’d imagine there’s a deadline set by the state so they can have actual polls set up. I don’t know what the relevant deadlines are in each state, but I’d imagine by the beginning of the new year it might be too late.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i feel like falwell is possibly done. he pissing where he lives and eats and more importantly on the dime of richer people. he hosed.

Yeah, the knives are coming out from the other big money people involved in Liberty. It's only a matter of time.

Plus, eventually one his his party boys is going to talk, and that'll be the death of him.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Not if you buy into this fresh, eye-clawingly terrible, middle-road-rear end take from a Politico contibutor:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/25/congress-should-remove-trump-from-office-but-let-him-run-again-228228
Congress Should Remove Trump from Office, But Let Him Run Again in 2020
Yes, that’s possible. And it might just help get Republicans—and the public—on board with impeachment.

phhhheeeeeyooooo

Dear lord, that's denser than a neutron star.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

mdemone posted:

They're gonna have to fashion entire year-long courses in university about this four-year period. Entire bookshelves will be written by Robert Caro. The HBO miniseries will run for 20 seasons.
The history books will just have to summarise: "Every day, the number of crimes increased exponentially."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yup, this exactly. If we're all aware of the fact that Trump is extremely unlikely to be removed from office (and we all should be), sliming him, raking him over the coals, and dragging down other Republicans with him should 100% be the top priorities. Cast the net wide.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The Unite The Right guy:

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1177304581111517192

Goddamn we live in the weirdest timeline.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1177323601025994763

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/1177308394107133952

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What the hell is that marriage counseling shot? Jfc

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Majorian posted:

Yup, this exactly. If we're all aware of the fact that Trump is extremely unlikely to be removed from office (and we all should be), sliming him, raking him over the coals, and dragging down other Republicans with him should 100% be the top priorities. Cast the net wide.

As happy as I am too see Trump and Hizzoner go down, it’s kind of disappointing Mitch doesn’t seem to be wrapped up in this yet.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Get her the gently caress off TV. She's going to loving torpedo everything.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

GO AWAY FOREVER

What must we do to finally be rid of the Clintons' thirdway self-promoting bullshit?!

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 26, 2019

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

LionArcher posted:

10 episode mini series on HBO. Craig Mazin (Chernobyl writer) and Aaron Sorkin write every episode (and phoebe weller of fleabag fame punches up the jokes). Directed by David Fincher and the director of Wonder Woman, and maybe one of the directors of game of thrones.

10 episode miniseries written and directed by David Lynch - it's the only way.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

What the gently caress can she possibly have to contribute here?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

What the hell is that marriage counseling shot? Jfc

his wife posted a complaint that their insurance doesn't cover marriage counseling, so naturally the republicans are trying to run with that: https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-congressmans-wife-mind-blowing-our-insurance-doesnt-cover-marriage-counseling/

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lmao the loving-it-up begins

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

God, please no

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Edmund Lava posted:

What the gently caress can she possibly have to contribute here?
:ducksiren: She runnin'! :frogsiren:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Hillary will be on some boring shows, all is lost somehow?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Majorian posted:

I feel like the odds have tripled or quadrupled since a week ago, but four times negligible is still negligible

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Goddamn today is the day of the stupid chud.

Catalyst-proof posted:

Get her the gently caress off TV. She's going to loving torpedo everything.

Agreed, but that’s loving lovely network TV for you (and also why its dying to streaming).

Though I’d be cool with it if the first question she will be asked is “How does it feel to fail against someone who was stupid enough to effectively admit to a crime in public and send along the receipts to the press?”

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

theflyingorc posted:

Hillary will be on some boring shows, all is lost somehow?

Yeah, I don't get how this will gently caress up the impeachment inquiry?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

mod sassinator posted:

Actually look at woke trans folks, they've been on both sides of masculinity and have incredible insights. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1xxcKCGljY

Personally I think that almost all notions of gender as a whole are a loving travesty that should be burned down and that they make almost no one happier, which generally doesn't accord much with trans perspectives on gender outside of a mutual respect for non-rigid expectations of gender expression

but yeah listen to her, I'm a weirdo with unusual opinions on gender that I strongly doubt almost anyone wants to hear, nor is this the place. She says a lot of good things for sure

E: to reply specifically to the video, she talks about how young men are lacking aspirational role models for masculinity and yeah that's precisely why I'm saying don't loving view ben shapiro as that. I stand by what I said of pick some woke cool dude like ron perlman or idris elba or hell samuel l jackson (if you want to go max woke) or even funny fat dude, zack galifianakis or hell if you have a cool dad, or older brother or male friend, use them for all I care. Basically what I'm saying is, I agree, and god help anyone who thinks of ben shapiro or jordan peterson as good examples of masculinity jfc

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I feel like the odds have tripled or quadrupled since a week ago, but four times negligible is still negligible

If they don't get some, any narrative to stick soon, who tf knows what is likely to happen. Everyone's guesses about the probability of trump not getting removed was predicated on an expectation that the gop messaging machine wouldn't just spontaneously implode

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 26, 2019

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

cheetah7071 posted:

Planning an election is nontrivial and takes time. Depending on the timing of this hypothetical removal from office, they might not have the time to run their primary or caucus as planned

Not to mention if they uncanceled them "too early" it'd look like they think Pissboy is guilty, and hurt them even more.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Willo567 posted:

Trump derangement syndrome isn't a thing, but it is for Hillary

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

cheetah7071 posted:

Edmund Lava posted:

I’d imagine there’s a deadline set by the state so they can have actual polls set up. I don’t know what the relevant deadlines are in each state, but I’d imagine by the beginning of the new year it might be too late.

Oh for sure, I just imagined they'd go ahead and, at least quietly, start reversing that poo poo *right now* since they only just started cancelling them.

But... R's lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Willo567 posted:

Apparently the thread still thinks that the opinions of the people we just declared enemies of the state matter.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Willo567 posted:

It won’t, people are just reacting to the Clintonian tendency to gently caress up everything she touches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

yeah they should probably lock that server down real quick, I'm really trying hard to be a 'this is the tip of the iceberg' guy but man