Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bollig posted:

yeah they should probably lock that server down real quick, I'm really trying hard to be a 'this is the tip of the iceberg' guy but man

ehh it's secure and access-documented as all gently caress

I'm not particularly concerned about destruction of evidence, the problem was that it was hard to access / know existed but lol that ship done sailed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Hillary trying to insert herself into the situation by going on a sudden publicity tour is irritating- but it's not going to have any impact one way or the other on the impeachment proceedings.

That said, it would be in the Democratic Party's best interest if Hillary stayed as far out of the public Limelight as possible- as she is the avatar of everything that people hate about the old Democratic Party.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1177295177771343877

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Can we assume the odds of the Republicans in the Senate voting to impeach are absolutely zero? So then the end game in all this is to make them shoot it down and have that over their heads come elections?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

ehh it's secure and access-documented as all gently caress

I'm not particularly concerned about destruction of evidence, the problem was that it was hard to access / know existed but lol that ship done sailed now

:hmmyes:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dog Friday posted:

Can we assume the odds of the Republicans in the Senate voting to impeach are absolutely zero? So then the end game in all this is to make them shoot it down and have that over their heads come elections?

Yes.

Also to investigate Trump & co. under the expanded powers of impeachment, and see what other dirt can be dug up.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1177268932425736192

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dog Friday posted:

https://twitter.com/lruskin/status/1177333958863917062?s=19

you don't dodge questions on 3 separate days about something unless you know it's absurdly bad

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
in this day and age I have a hard time believing that any computer system that isn't completely air-gapped is inaccessible. And even the air gap ones seem to get accessed.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Dog Friday posted:

no. there's a rabbit hole here, and we don't know how far it goes. it could go that far, though that is unlikely.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

This is really among the most damning facts of this whole scandal (the fact that they moved not just the Zelinskyy phone calls to this ultra-secure server, but phone calls with other heads of state as well) and this is really something that needs to be pressed further. I was wondering whether such data would be accessible and by whom, or whether it can just be buried forever as something so top-secret that no-one will ever get the clearance to view it, much less release it to the public. From reading that article, it seems like even NSC officials have no idea about this. If it turns out there's no practical way to get at what's on the server, then the over-classification of these transcripts has to be viewed as a criminal conspiracy in itself - i.e. deliberately hiding information that might be damaging to the nation - and ought to be publicly presented that way.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

I love this one, "HEY I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BAN ALL THE GUNS BUT NOW NOOOOOOOOOO"

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

So hes willing to throw the second amendment people under the bus to save himself. Classic Donny!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Party Plane Jones posted:

you don't dodge questions on 3 separate days about something unless you know it's absurdly bad

Remember those Republicans who suddenly resigned in the middle of their terms e.g. Jason Chaffetz

yeah they know something.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dog Friday posted:

I don’t think it’s zero. We’re at an insanely low nonzero number, but it is not zero.

Something about the GOP reaction to this scandal so far just doesn’t give me the nothing matters vibe anymore.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

He's really loving angry - almost spitting...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

bird cooch posted:

in this day and age I have a hard time believing that any computer system that isn't completely air-gapped is inaccessible. And even the air gap ones seem to get accessed.

it is air-gapped, and it literally has the most secret documents that the nation has on it

if it is accessible, that fact is one of the most closely guarded secrets of the nation that managed to access it

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

I love this one, "HEY I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BAN ALL THE GUNS BUT NOW NOOOOOOOOOO"

He truly does stand for nothing. I know we all are already fully aware that Trump literally only cares about self-preservation and self-enrichment but the reminder can still catch me off guard.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"I was going to take you to the movies but you didn't clean up your toys"

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Blurred posted:

This is really among the most damning facts of this whole scandal (the fact that they moved not just the Zelinskyy phone calls to this ultra-secure server, but phone calls with other heads of state as well) and this is really something that needs to be pressed further. I was wondering whether such data would be accessible and by whom, or whether it can just be buried forever as something so top-secret that no-one will ever get the clearance to view it, much less release it to the public. From reading that article, it seems like even NSC officials have no idea about this. If it turns out there's no practical way to get at what's on the server, then the over-classification of these transcripts has to be viewed as a criminal conspiracy in itself - i.e. deliberately hiding information that might be damaging to the nation - and ought to be publicly presented that way.

T B H, given this administration's justified paranoia about leaks and the embarrassment that they've had when these head-of-state calls do get leaked (eg the aussie one way back at the start), i can see them just doing whatever the gently caress they could think of to lock it all down. I dont think it has to be a coverup of criminality, i think it could be a coverup of embarrassing dumb poo poo.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

evilweasel posted:

it is air-gapped, and it literally has the most secret documents that the nation has on it

if it is accessible, that fact is one of the most closely guarded secrets of the nation that managed to access it

In a normal world I would absolutely agree with you. But in the world of the last 72 hours.....

Edit:/3 years

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

This was the Andrews hit I was talking about earlier this morning. I don't think I've seen him this worked up for a while. If this keeps up, he's going to stroke out before the conventions.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Lindsay graham being the only one out there really working to makes Trump's case is hilarious. Dude is basically Trump's chihuahua

awesmoe posted:

T B H, given this administration's justified paranoia about leaks and the embarrassment that they've had when these head-of-state calls do get leaked (eg the aussie one way back at the start), i can see them just doing whatever the gently caress they could think of to lock it all down. I dont think it has to be a coverup of criminality, i think it could be a coverup of embarrassing dumb poo poo.

I'm sure noted criminal and shady dude hid the evidence to prevent embarassment, not to avoid the consequences of criming

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The 2nd amendment folks aren't getting thrown under the bus. They may grumble a bit but it's just so much wind and they know it.

Still, he's getting unhinged (even for him)--another few days of this and we may see some serious batshit stuff.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

abelwingnut posted:

no. there's a rabbit hole here, and we don't know how far it goes. it could go that far, though that is unlikely.
The Senate will never vote to remove Trump from office.

But if poo poo really hits the fan, Trump will get pressured to resign. I dunno if he actually would, but walking away from things he hosed up is his entire business MO.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he sounds like an angry kid who got caught and is blaming everyone else.

Zophar posted:

He truly does stand for nothing. I know we all are already fully aware that Trump literally only cares about self-preservation and self-enrichment but the reminder can still catch me off guard.

thats not completely fair? he genuinely hates brown people.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Magugu posted:

So hes willing to throw the second amendment people under the bus to save himself. Classic Donny!

In a surprise twist, Trump-supporting gun owners favor impeachment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

But if poo poo really hits the fan, Trump will get pressured to resign. I dunno if he actually would, but walking away from things he hosed up is his entire business MO.

yeah. thats my guess though i could see a conviction if shits bad enough and enough GOP ghouls are scared.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hey just a reminder it's good to keep the pressure on when your attacks are working. If you live in a lovely red state with lovely red senators who claim they suddenly can't read or have more important things to do like hock ether to pre-teens on behalf of their donors, call and email their offices asking why the gently caress they are refusing to do their duty as elected officials to hold the executive branch accountable.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

This might be the first time I'm actually looking forward to Megan losing her poo poo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Will this be the week where Trump uses a slur in front of a live camera feed?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1177338684087181313

110,000 to 18,000

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Will this be the week where Trump uses a slur in front of a live camera feed?

depends what race the whistleblower is.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

theflyingorc posted:

They're working over the recess.

thats a load of my mind.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

depends what race the whistleblower is.

What percentage of the CIA isnt white tho

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

He can't resign or he instantly gets indicted with definitely state and probably federal stuff.

Idk what the gop strategy actually is, MOCs appear to be on the same page of 'just say nothing for now, let the whitehouse take point' which definitely doesn't seem consistent with them doing anything at any cost to keep trump from getting removed.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Willo567 posted:

Yeah, I don't get how this will gently caress up the impeachment inquiry?

I mean, it's Hillary Clinton. I'm guessing she'll find some way to gently caress it up.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Herstory Begins Now posted:

E: to reply specifically to the video, she talks about how young men are lacking aspirational role models for masculinity and yeah that's precisely why I'm saying don't loving view ben shapiro as that. I stand by what I said of pick some woke cool dude like ron perlman or idris elba or hell samuel l jackson (if you want to go max woke) or even funny fat dude, zack galifianakis or hell if you have a cool dad, or older brother or male friend, use them for all I care. Basically what I'm saying is, I agree, and god help anyone who thinks of ben shapiro or jordan peterson as good examples of masculinity jfc

Oh yeah I'm right there with you--I actually sat down and tried to think, who are my male role models as a man in 2019. It was really loving hard to think of anybody. And it kinda hurt a bit when I realized most of the folks I looked up to in the past are dead... some by their own hand. Kinda hosed up when your role models are folks like Robin Williams, Prince, Anthony Bourdain, etc. I think folks like Obama maybe, but killing hundreds of people with drone strikes is kinda not a cool look my dude.

So yeah, I dunno.. it's loving weird being male in 2019. I can see why Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, etc. get such a cult following. I just hope they can be unmasked for the charlatans they are (or just go back into obscurity).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Burning_Monk posted:

This might be the first time I'm actually looking forward to Megan losing her poo poo.

How does she keep her job? She explodes about everything, knows nothing about the matters at hand, screams at the audience, and is just generally the most unpleasant person I have ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Haha I’m still at least 75% convinced that Putin manipulated Trump into believing that Biden stole money from Ukraine. That Trump honestly thinks he’s doing the country a favor by “exposing” such an obviously false story. And that Trump blundered his way into extorting Ukraine in a way that makes it look like he’s trying to dig up dirt on his political rivals.

Trump is such an easy mark that it’s entirely plausible he took an obviously false story and still earnestly believes it, even as it eats him alive.