Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its gonna be no deal its funny people think that its not inevitable at this point

Not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its gonna be no deal its funny people think that its not inevitable at this point

It's been inevitable since the referendum

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
just in time for labour to take power and eat poo poo I guess

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

twoday posted:

If I suddenly die, please avenge my death by achieving brexit

I cast Brexitaga, inflicting major Brexit-elemental damage on my foes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

brexit damage... The type they were never able to cure...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Apparently boris' sister gave an interview on radio 4

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1177214043687399424?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aren’t people shorting the economy a big part of disaster capitalism as historically applied.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

prefect posted:

Who is "Jade Goody"?

Early Big Brother contestant who was a figure of class hatred for being a stereotypical "chav", became a TV presenter then had a heated reality gameshow moment then died

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryter posted:

heated reality gameshow moment
lol

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Jane would've voted leave.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Brexit: heated reality gameshow moment

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I didn't say that they could stop it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/MonarchyUK/status/1177208388767440897?s=19

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bryter posted:

Early Big Brother contestant who was a figure of class hatred for being a stereotypical "chav", became a TV presenter then had a heated reality gameshow moment then died

Didn't she racially insult another contestant on that show?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hence the heated reality gameshow moment

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zeroisanumber posted:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/heated-gaming-moment

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

No Sleep 'til Brexit

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*chanting to the rhythm of 2 world wars and 1 world cup* seven votes and one court case

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The podcast The Dollop did an episode about the Glasglow Ice Cream Wars. I can't help but imagine them resuming after Brexit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GzA6B-NaQs

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Dollop are plagiarists fwiw

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

brugroffil posted:

Stealing other peoples work & passing it off at your own so you can be very lazy is Praxis.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

brugroffil posted:

Nah they cite everything nowadays

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Apparently the opposition are going to expand the franchise to 16 year olds. Cool.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Grondoth posted:

Nah they cite everything nowadays

this one was from a show in 2017 and as of just this past August, Dave was still not actually apologizing for his actions

https://twitter.com/josh_levin/status/1165614596490694656

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How many of you have Princess Diana memorabilia in your home?

I pass two pictures of the woman on my walk to work. Move on! She died before a significant chunk of the people in this city were born!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Barry Foster posted:

I personally own both of these fine items

When I first heard Dianna was Princess of Whales I got super excited, but then I learned what it actually meant and stopped caring.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

brugroffil posted:

this one was from a show in 2017 and as of just this past August, Dave was still not actually apologizing for his actions

https://twitter.com/josh_levin/status/1165614596490694656

Being called out in August prompted a mea culpa from Dave at the start of September. To be fair, they haven't gone back and added the citations to the podcasts that were already recorded. So those still only get cited on a separate website.

Edit: I think the ones on the All Things Comedy youtube cut out all the references and ads, but I'm not 100% sure.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SardonicTyrant posted:

When I first heard Dianna was Princess of Whales I got super excited, but then I learned what it actually meant and stopped caring.

In a couple hundred years an alien space probe is going to come to Earth and suck up all our oceans because we let Princess Diana die

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

brugroffil posted:

they also make a super boring podcast which is a way greater crime

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

brugroffil posted:

As if all informative podcasts weren't based around the hosts trying to sound like they weren't just skimming a wikipedia article.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SardonicTyrant posted:

You're thinking of John McAfee

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Idk what's funnier, boris melting down or jess phillips being such a narcissist that she can't even commit to being an anonymous source

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So what's new with the brexit

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

forkboy84 posted:

Stealing other peoples work & passing it off at your own so you can be very lazy is Praxis.
Eric Baumann was a revolutionary.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Hentai Jihadist posted:

eton is basically THE posh school for 11yo+ (iirc) future rulers. they tell them over and over again that they will run the country and they are correct. an absurd number of tory MPs and PMs come from this school.

i think it got posted here but in case you havent seen it

https://twitter.com/alanferrier/status/1168184926895820801?s=20

people obviously ran with this as "training 11 year olds to kill protesters" but i think its actually more hosed up than that. They are told they are PM and that the killing has already happened, there is no choice about whether they shoot or not. It happened, the state does evil and its the PMs job to explain why it wasn't evil. They aren't in control of the country, they are merely there to explain away the murderous mechinations of british power. Note its not even a loving big crisis, this is a protest over petrol prices!
the question isnt whether to do it or not, its that it already happened and you have to explain why the army killing 25 civilians for protesting is moral

If a normal person watches parliament in action for any amount of time its confusing and enraging because it seems to be set up specifically to not have any actual outcomes. parliament works like a childrens debate club because thats what it is, its a continuation of the debate clubs that bojo did so well at. they aren't meant to be actually having a dialectic or performing any kind of useful function its just A) to make them feel at home and keep them in the kind of environment they are used to and B) to create a class of professional bullshitters who dont think its possible to change anything let alone preferable
it wasn't exactly intended this way, because nothing in the UK was "intended" to be anything it just sorta happened that way, it started out as basically a way for posh people to discuss how to spend their money in front of the king and then those posh people slowly absorbed the powers of the king.

Eton taught me some strange arithmetic
Using guns, petrol pumps, and PM scripts

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnOsF3B0Ww8

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1177330674216448000

:cawg:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
gently caress it, I'm an American who doesn't know poo poo. Let me be PM, I probably can't gently caress it up as much as Boris has.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

chunkymark and his shades are the Morpheus trying to wake us out of the Brexit.

Unfortunately, no-one can be told what the Brexit is. You have to see it for yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

brexit's coming home
it's coming home
it's coming home
it's coming