Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/burgessev/statu...very-15-minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Skex posted:

I truly don't know who decided it was it was a good idea to break Giuliani out of mothballs or why but I am glad that they did :)

He was the only creature close to a lawyer willing to take Trump on as a client, basically.

You may recall Donnie used to have another attorney who had to step back from working with the president for .. uuh... reasons. And some of those reasons apparently poisoned the well when it comes to finding a replacement.

Fortunately a ghoul with brain damage and a law license stepped into the gap and here we are. But yeah, at the moment it was announced, anyone who is a lawyer or knows Rudy was immediately like "OK yep that's rock bottom."

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

mod sassinator posted:

Oh yeah I'm right there with you--I actually sat down and tried to think, who are my male role models as a man in 2019. It was really loving hard to think of anybody. And it kinda hurt a bit when I realized most of the folks I looked up to in the past are dead... some by their own hand. Kinda hosed up when your role models are folks like Robin Williams, Prince, Anthony Bourdain, etc. I think folks like Obama maybe, but killing hundreds of people with drone strikes is kinda not a cool look my dude.

So yeah, I dunno.. it's loving weird being male in 2019. I can see why Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, etc. get such a cult following. I just hope they can be unmasked for the charlatans they are (or just go back into obscurity).

Keanu comes to mind. I gather there are also a ton of wonderful people in sports, particularly the NBA, but I don't know enough to name any for sure.

A lot of other possible choices have revealed themselves to be chuds or sex monsters (but I repeat myself). Twitter and social media has let us get to know celebrities like never before, and like they say... never meet your idols.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He is the best god damned moron in the universe

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

Oh yeah I'm right there with you--I actually sat down and tried to think, who are my male role models as a man in 2019. It was really loving hard to think of anybody.

Lin Manuel Miranda

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

mod sassinator posted:

KV obviously is Kurt Volker... but who is A?

Attorney General Barr?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

look you don’t have to pay Rudy in money but you do have to pay him in tv appearances

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

bobjr posted:

So in the situation where Trump is out of commission for the next election, how would those states that got rid of their GOP primaries work then?

With hellworld rules in effect, I'm guessing that republicans all switch their party affiliation to push Biden over the top. Without the GOP having a nominee, I'm guessing Biden turns into a loving lightning rod. Think Limbaugh's Operation Chaos, but for realsies.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

staplegun posted:

With hellworld rules in effect, I'm guessing that republicans all switch their party affiliation to push Biden over the top. Without the GOP having a nominee, I'm guessing Biden turns into a loving lightning rod. Think Limbaugh's Operation Chaos, but for realsies.

People didn’t do this in 2016 or 2008 when the Republican primary was down to one and the Democratic primary was still being contested, it’s not going to happen. People are lazy and he’ll just stay home.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1177341214187634688

You think so, Brian? You really think so?

Because I'm imagining a future where a Democrat is President but Mitch is still in charge of the Senate, and not a single cabinet secretary gets confirmed

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Im thinking the GOP angle will be: whistleblower was a spy, no wonder Trump kept documents on secret server. Deep state has infiltrated the White House

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

He is literally still pressuring the Ukrainian President in this tweet.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm trying to remember, what was the scandal that featured Trump asking Putin if he did it and he said no, so that was taken as fact?

Trump asked Putin if he interfered in the 2016 election and Putin (according to Trump) said "No." That was enough proof for Trump.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

Oh yeah I'm right there with you--I actually sat down and tried to think, who are my male role models as a man in 2019.

Terry Tao is cool as heck, and is no chud.

That said, celebrity "heroes" and "role models" are more the imagined virtues we ascribe to them than the real people themselves, which is why we're so often disappointed when we learn more about them. Our actual role models are people from our own lives.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 27, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

Because I'm imagining a future where a Democrat is President but Mitch is still in charge of the Senate, and not a single cabinet secretary gets confirmed

This would essentially be civil war.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Tuff Scrote posted:

Im thinking the GOP angle will be: whistleblower was a spy, no wonder Trump kept documents on secret server. Deep state has infiltrated the White House

Oh neat, *entire CIA drops whistleblower complaints on every GOP official that's been covering for Trump.

I may not have been right about the Mitch things, but pretty sure there are enough GOP officials that will go down if they don't play ball/play dumb. The current strategy is to go I didn't see anything.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

I feel like we've been in a gradually intensifying civil cold war for almost my entire life

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

FizFashizzle posted:

Russia has been dreaming of this day for years.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

this tweet is a day old :allears:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I feel like we've been in a gradually intensifying civil cold war for almost my entire life

Really what we're heading towards is everything being doing through executive order.

Once the climate poo poo really jumps off the Army Corps of Engineers will be running everything.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I had a meeting after lunch with my boss who casually mentioned that he used to work for Joseph Maguire. Then he went on about how "non-partisan" Maguire was and how his testimony was great. My boss did not appreciate me providing actual facts.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evergreen

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hunter Biden receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Ukrainian company while his dad was leading diplomatic negotiations with that country is very shady, and it's not whataboutism or defending Donald Trump to point that out.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

FuturePastNow posted:

You... you know he's being humorous here, right? Like, he's not serious that he just thought this was a good idea, maybe.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Countdown to Fox News et al running with the DEEP STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! narrative...

I mean it's true, this is a deep state shanking. Congress wasn't getting the job done so some bureaucratic official basically drew up the impeachment report, here's the crimes, here's the coverup, the evidence is right over there, and made sure that it got to congress. And thanks to them forever for doing it.

It's wonderful that Trump, Barr, Pence, Rick Perry, maybe Volker, Carson are all directly implicated, but I just wish that Kushner's name would come up somehow, it's a shame he isn't too mixed up in it so far.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

xarph posted:

Lin Manuel Miranda

noted superfan of Patrick "weird sex creep" Rothfuss, that Lin Manuel Miranda? no thanks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

mod sassinator posted:

Russia has been dreaming of this day for years.

republican congressmen have been openly threatening it on twitter for years now

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hunter Biden receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Ukrainian company while his dad was leading diplomatic negotiations with that country is very shady, and it's not whataboutism or defending Donald Trump to point that out.

yeah we should probably impeach president Biden :goonsay:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Idahoant posted:

I mean it's true, this is a deep state shanking. Congress wasn't getting the job done so some bureaucratic official basically drew up the impeachment report, here's the crimes, here's the coverup, the evidence is right over there, and made sure that it got to congress. And thanks to them forever for doing it.

It's wonderful that Trump, Barr, Pence, Rick Perry, maybe Volker, Carson are all directly implicated, but I just wish that Kushner's name would come up somehow, it's a shame he isn't too mixed up in it so far.

i think at best its gonna be trump, barr and maybe pompeo. volker too. id love miller to be involved.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think at best its gonna be trump, barr and maybe pompeo. volker too. id love miller to be involved.

Are you ignoring Trump pointing at Pence and going "but look at what he did!"

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Idahoant posted:

Patience grasshopper, this ride has just started. This is all tied together. Hell this all started with Trump trying to find cover to pardon Manafort. Do you really think that it's not going to get into all the shady poo poo that Kushner got up to with that Blackwater scumbag and MBS? This is the can opener to pry this whole crooked mess open with and Trump handed it to the Democrats on a silver platter.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

The Pussy Boss posted:

You've lost the plot. No one gives a gently caress if this sinks Biden.

Furthermore, Joe could have been trying to cover for his son's coke-fueled hooker murder spree and it wouldn't make what Trump has done any less illegal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pkay posted:

Are you ignoring Trump pointing at Pence and going "but look at what he did!"

true. him too. but i doubt even if trump gets burned somehow, pence will.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Posting from 500 years in the past (page 117) to say

USPOL Fall: Increasing Intercriminal Pressure

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"deep state" sounds a lot less scary when you remember all it means is "career civil servants"

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

The Pussy Boss posted:

If Hunter Biden was not related to Joe Biden, there is absolutely zero chance that Trump would have brought this case up to the Ukrainian President. Thus, it's clearly politically motivated against his likely opponent. Whether or not Joe/Hunter did anything actually wrong is irrelevant to the Trump withholding military aid in order to get dirt on a political opponent.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Pussy Boss posted:

No one here cares if Joe Biden goes down, and most of us would be happy to see him go

It's the "President actively pressuring and blackmailing other countries for political dirt" that is bad and illegal

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177356904110133248

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

I'm frankly super pleased that my big, wet president decided to blow his own dick off in the attempt to spite someone who might not even become the democratic candidate. gently caress it, sink 'em both.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ok I won’t vote for Biden.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
OH BOY

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177363411317022721

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Is Hunter the crackhead Biden offspring or was that a different one