Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

pkay posted:

Are you ignoring Trump pointing at Pence and going "but look at what he did!"

I would, since Trump has no idea of what's right and what's wrong; and Pence is totally different flavor of evil.

I would expect Pence's calls to be something like talking about importance of Christian values to Ukraine's (Jewish) president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Hey y'all. It's Thursday. We are on day 3 of the formal impeachment inquiry.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Idahoant posted:

I mean it's true, this is a deep state shanking. Congress wasn't getting the job done so some bureaucratic official basically drew up the impeachment report, here's the crimes, here's the coverup, the evidence is right over there, and made sure that it got to congress. And thanks to them forever for doing it.

It's wonderful that Trump, Barr, Pence, Rick Perry, maybe Volker, Carson are all directly implicated, but I just wish that Kushner's name would come up somehow, it's a shame he isn't too mixed up in it so far.

"deep state" is a lovely term for conspiracy theorists that think a shadow government is working to control the actual elected government so maybe you should use terms like "career civil servant" or "bureaucrat" or "cia analyst" and not... lovely terms for conspiracy theorists.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hunter Biden receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Ukrainian company while his dad was leading diplomatic negotiations with that country is very shady, and it's not whataboutism or defending Donald Trump to point that out.

If the Biden's go down too, no one here will be much weepy. Feel free to dig up some Biden dirt, we're all counting on you.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hunter Biden receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Ukrainian company while his dad was leading diplomatic negotiations with that country is very shady, and it's not whataboutism or defending Donald Trump to point that out.

At best, it's a distraction from Trump's crimes.

PS gently caress Biden

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is Hunter the crackhead Biden offspring or was that a different one

coke and yeah. he is kinda of failson. i think he got hosed up in the car accident that killed his mom and sister. so idk. he seems like generic rich lib failson.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The greatest thing that could possibly happen is Trump blew his own dick off and somehow sinks Biden, leaving the door open for an easy Bernie/ Warren victory against loving Cotton Hill :getin:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really genuinely like the idea that we're supposed to worry about Joe Biden dirt and not be like "Yes please, get him out of the race, that'd be awesome."

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is Hunter the crackhead Biden offspring or was that a different one

The literal drug addict failson, yes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People keep marching in here to yell at us about Biden's problems like A. They aren't mostly discredited and B. Any of us give a poo poo if Biden drops out

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Aspergeoisie posted:

In real life, nobody actually cares about this Ukraine nonsense and sees impeachment as the same old political maneuvering the Democrats have conducted since Trump was elected.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol at this probe.

It's true. Nobody really gave a poo poo about Russia because foreign governments have been interfering in our elections for centuries. The people most worried about it were the ones that wanted it to be bad for Donald Trump.

Nobody really gives a poo poo about our NATIONAL SECURITY and it's integrity when we deny aid money to the Ukraine. If they did the people trying to talk about Joe Biden doing the exact same thing even closer to the Crimea conflict wouldn't be ran out of this thread or also probated.

It's okay to be hypocrites that just want something to be bad for Donald Trump but at least be honest about it. It's extremely weird for a leftist forum to now pretend to care about national security harder than the warhawkinist conservatives because Donald Trump threatened it.

I don't think it will matter to the 30 people this offends or the mod that probates me but I extremely agree with all of you that we should investigate every molecule of this situation. Subpoena everything and drag everyone in front of the House. Approve impeachment in the house and let the senate shoot itself in the foot. The problem comes when I want all the criminal actions addressed because you guys can't handle attention being taken away from Trump because you hate him the most and don't actually care about the law or fixing these problems, just hurting him personally.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I really genuinely like the idea that we're supposed to worry about Joe Biden dirt and not be like "Yes please, get him out of the race, that'd be awesome."

yeah. 1. he is already burning out of the race without trumps dumb poo poo for various more important reasons and 2. trumps info isn't interesting. its generic shady failson poo poo that every well off family does on some level. its boring, it has none of the snap of "EMAILS" or other poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Lol at this probe.

It's true. Nobody really gave a poo poo about Russia because foreign governments have been interfering in our elections for centuries. The people most worried about it were the ones that wanted it to be bad for Donald Trump.

Nobody really gives a poo poo about our NATIONAL SECURITY and it's integrity when we deny aid money to the Ukraine. If they did the people trying to talk about Joe Biden doing the exact same thing even closer to the Crimea conflict wouldn't be ran out of this thread or also probated.

It's okay to be hypocrites that just want something to be bad for Donald Trump but at least be honest about it. It's extremely weird for a leftist forum to now pretend to care about national security harder than the warhawkinist conservatives because Donald Trump threatened it.

I don't think it will matter to the 30 people this offends or the mod that probates me but I extremely agree with all of you that we should investigate every molecule of this situation. Subpoena everything and drag everyone in front of the House. Approve impeachment in the house and let the senate shoot itself in the foot. The problem comes when I want all the criminal actions addressed because you guys can't handle attention being taken away from Trump because you hate him the most and don't actually care about the law or fixing these problems, just hurting him personally.

So what about the part where it has already been literally discredited?

The reason people are not demanding the 'same attention' is because one person literally sent out their actual crimes to every single person in the country and the other has, again, literally had the people involved come out to say it's a nothingburger.

Also one is the President of the United States currently and the other is a former Vice President doing shittier every day at the polls and who is probably going to descend into irrelevance. If he becomes nominee then sure, that'll be something worth bringing up. It just also, y'know, will be dealing with the fact it has already been discredited.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 27, 2019

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Lol at this probe.

Just :lol: at the :smug: in this post.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Skex posted:

Patience grasshopper, this ride has just started. This is all tied together. Hell this all started with Trump trying to find cover to pardon Manafort. Do you really think that it's not going to get into all the shady poo poo that Kushner got up to with that Blackwater scumbag and MBS? This is the can opener to pry this whole crooked mess open with and Trump handed it to the Democrats on a silver platter.

Hoping so much that this is what happens. Slow cook them all in the crock pot until ALL the flavor.crimes come out. Then [dreaming] use all the evidence to craft this into a better place.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Lol at this probe.

yes yes we all care about rule of law but you guys are being MEAN about it!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nobody's pretending to care about quote-unquote national security, what the gently caress are you even talking about

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Edmund Lava posted:

People didn’t do this in 2016 or 2008 when the Republican primary was down to one and the Democratic primary was still being contested, it’s not going to happen. People are lazy and he’ll just stay home.
Also, all states run their primaries / caucuses by their own rules. Some states have open primaries where a voter walks up, picks a party, then votes. Others have closed primaries where only registered voters with that party can vote in the primary with different cut off dates to determine if someone can vote in that party's primany.

That messes up Operation Chaos with all of the variables.

Of course, if Biden is at 4% then no sudden GOP voters will change that tide.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arist posted:

Nobody's pretending to care about quote-unquote national security, what the gently caress are you even talking about

they think this would end with biden in jail or some poo poo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lol at this probe.

You're reading a whole lot into a shitpost by a white supremacist, my dude. I think hardly anyone here is genuinely concerned by the national security implications of Trump's idiocy, or is going out of their way to defend Biden. You're jerking off and pretending you're making a principled stand against the thread hivemind.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

twice burned ice posted:

You've lost the plot. No one gives a gently caress if this sinks Biden.

Actually, I would like it to sink Biden too! :unsmith:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Lol at this probe.

Thanks for telling us what's leftist, as you stan for a guy whose rap sheet includes calling for Europe to do something about the Muslims.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

Actually, I would like it to sink Biden too! :unsmith:

same but i think biden is more likely to just JEB his way out of the race because he offers nothing to anyone. the ukraine stuff for biden is really muddy and boring and doesn't even involve him directly that much. also like its been said, most rich assholes both lib and conservative have dumb similar with failsons.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 27, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lol at this probe.

Yeah man nobody outside this thread on a leftist comedy forum gives a poo poo about elections or election integrity, that's why there are millions of americans still pissed off about 2 elections decided by the electoral college, yup

No one here cares if Biden goes down you dope. No one here is a national security hawk lmao. Stop trying to imitate Michael Tracy's "babby's first contrarian stance" for no reason

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same but i think biden is more likely to just JEB his way out of the race because he offers nothing to anyone.

yea biden was already on a downward trend when this hit so while I'm sure there will be some nuclear 'hrm how odd the Ukraine thing took out Biden too' takes it's more like dumping some fuel on an already burning dumpster fire

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea biden was already on a downward trend when this hit so while I'm sure there will be some nuclear 'hrm how odd the Ukraine thing took out Biden too' takes it's more like dumping some fuel on an already burning dumpster fire

if he had won the race and this came out as an october surprise. maybe i could see it, but again, its boring and complex and technically not illegal.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
If the whistleblower doesn't go by "Q-Anon" or just "Q" it's a complete waste. I want to hear the gnashing of teeth.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I HAVE BEEN SILENCED!! (retroactively)

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

ImpAtom posted:

In the same vain this is why Trump is President and he is still in office. Dems will let him skate as he steers the narrative back on whoever his opponent is. Take the popular predictions of "Trump will be impeached but not removed" and follow his likely behavior and its likely conclusions. Trump's situation doesn't really change and Biden (his biggest oppo currently) does. His only problem is that he will sacrifice some of his political allies in the process.

Trump will still run for a second term. Trump will still exploit his office for political and personal gain. Republicans by and large will still go to the mat for him. In turn Biden will be 'investigated' in the media in an attempt to flip the narrative. 2020 Dem candidates will definitely see this opportunity and bring it up during the 2020 election cycle causing them to cannibalize each other once again. Which then will aid the 'flip the narrative' strategy until we are no longer talking about Trump's obvious crimes we are talking about Biden's 'maybe' crimes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
After we arrest trump, can we go after Bush, carter, clinton, and obama?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Mr Hootington posted:

After we arrest trump, can we go after Bush, carter, clinton, and obama?

Might send a dangerous precedent that everyone leaves the White House is cuffs.

So yes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/1177377035766915083

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i like to think this sociopath basicaly gets off on dangling the truth infront of chuds and than proving it.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

pkay posted:

In the same vain this is why Trump is President and he is still in office. Dems will let him skate as he steers the narrative back on whoever his opponent is. Take the popular predictions of "Trump will be impeached but not removed" and follow his likely behavior and its likely conclusions. Trump's situation doesn't really change and Biden (his biggest oppo currently) does. His only problem is that he will sacrifice some of his political allies in the process.

Trump will still run for a second term. Trump will still exploit his office for political and personal gain. Republicans by and large will still go to the mat for him. In turn Biden will be 'investigated' in the media in an attempt to flip the narrative. 2020 Dem candidates will definitely see this opportunity and bring it up during the 2020 election cycle causing them to cannibalize each other once again. Which then will aid the 'flip the narrative' strategy until we are no longer talking about Trump's obvious crimes we are talking about Biden's 'maybe' crimes.

Try and paraphrase this and see how it comes out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Edmund Lava posted:

So yes.

Good. All these war criminals need to pay for the crimes of the american empire

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

love the phrasing on this one

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pkay posted:

lol. no one cares about biden anymore goon friend. trump keeps digging and for once the dems are shoveling dirt back in and its an insane shitshow. that makes better news than some stupid failson poo poo.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Pike & Shot Battles, Best Battles

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Edmund Lava posted:

So yes.

Let's just turn the White House over to the Department of Corrections and lock each new President in immediately after being sworn in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. no one cares about biden anymore goon friend. trump keeps digging and for once the dems are shoveling dirt back in and its an insane shitshow. that makes better news than some stupid failson poo poo.

How long do you think this last? I mean I hope it does, but I mean the dude obstructed justice and admitted it on national television and yea...