Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177379937562574849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The only reason people should care about Biden getting dragged up in this is that it's truly a distraction from the real story (for the one time that actually means something)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

pacerhimself posted:

The only reason people should care about Biden getting dragged up in this is that it's truly a distraction from the real story (for the one time that actually means something)

Wouldn't hurt me any if his rep got more tarnished.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

pkay posted:

How long do you think this last? I mean I hope it does, but I mean the dude obstructed justice and admitted it on national television and yea...

I just listened to Gym Jordan get drug live on NPR, poo poo has changed.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

pacerhimself posted:

Exactly and folks going "HEY GO AHEAD AND BRING UP BIDEN, gently caress HIM TOO" is stupid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pkay posted:

Exactly and folks going "HEY GO AHEAD AND BRING UP BIDEN, gently caress HIM TOO" is stupid.

Why?

Biden isn't the nominee.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

Skex posted:

I also listened to NPR talking about the 'Biden scandal' on my 30 min drive home... I don't know.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

TulliusCicero posted:

The greatest thing that could possibly happen is Trump blew his own dick off and somehow sinks Biden, leaving the door open for an easy Bernie/ Warren victory against loving Cotton Hill :getin:

I'd take cotton hill over 99% of the gop tbh

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

I'm going on out a limb here, but I think that Biden's chances of being impeached and removed from office are even less than Trump's

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pkay posted:

How long do you think this last? I mean I hope it does, but I mean the dude obstructed justice and admitted it on national television and yea...

its gonna be weeks and months. the dems have blood trail and are gonna track this down. plus again. biden thing doesn't really have legs outside "failson worked on board to make company more money and a corrupt prosscutor known for being corrupt tried to gently caress around and got sacked".

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/mbueckert/status/1177360756591009797

https://twitter.com/mbueckert/status/1177360952649506816

https://twitter.com/mbueckert/status/1177361302773207040

https://twitter.com/mbueckert/status/1177362251604463617

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Why?

Biden isn't the nominee.

Because you are willingly allowing them to distract the electorate. Keeping the focus on their very real and serious crimes should be of the upmost importance. Like the poo poo they are doing is 'muddying the water' 101. Stop letting them do that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pkay posted:

Because you are willingly allowing them to distract the electorate. Keeping the focus on their very real and serious crimes should be of the upmost importance. Like the poo poo they are doing is 'muddying the water' 101. Stop letting them do that.

No it isn't.

They are going to bring up Biden no matter what. Why is saying "Fine, whatever" meaningful?

They were bringing up loving Hillary Clinton's emails.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Why?

Biden isn't the nominee.

this. plus its out and done now even if he does get the nom somehow.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
The Case for Trump’s Impeachment Goes Beyond Ukraine
Sept 25, 2019
"He has betrayed America with seven countries. Here’s the indictment."

Eric Trump brags about foreign development deal right after complaining about the supposed corruption of Joe Biden's son
5:40 p.m.
"Eric Trump took to Twitter on Thursday afternoon to agree with Fox News' Mark Levin, who complained that lawmakers "can't touch Hunter Biden" over the supposed corruption scandal President Trump has been harping on about, but can subpoena the Trump siblings.

In his very next tweet, the president's son bragged about securing a new phase of Trump Organization development in Scotland."

Republicans Say Impeachment Will Backfire. History Says It Won’t
Bloomberg: September 26, 2019
"Only three U.S. presidents have ever faced a serious threat of removal by Congress – Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton -- and in each case the party that initiated the inquiry ended up benefiting in the next election."

NC Republicans are trying to ban marriage equality because ‘perverted acts’ shouldn’t be protected
September 25, 2019
'The co-sponsor of a bill said that he isn't listening to complaints because "God is perfect" and anyone who disagrees can "Tell it to Satan."'

19-Year-Old Indigenous Climate Activist Artemisa Xakriabá: “We Fight for Mother Earth”
September 23, 2019
'Friday’s climate strike in New York City concluded with remarks from indigenous leaders, activists and organizers. Artemisa Xakriabá, a 19-year-old indigenous climate activist of the Xakriabá people, spoke about the increasing intensity of environmental destruction across Brazil and the interconnectedness of the fight for climate justice. “We fight for our Mother Earth because the fight for Mother Earth is the mother of all other fights,” Xakriabá said. “We are fighting for your lives. We are fighting for our lives. We are fighting for our sacred territory. But we are being persecuted, threatened, murdered, only for protecting our own territories. We cannot accept one more drop of indigenous blood spilled.”'

U.S. income inequality at highest level in 50 years, economic gap growing in heartland
Sept. 26, 2019
"Six states with the biggest yearly gains in inequality were primarily in the heartland — Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, New Hampshire and New Mexico."

Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, New Hampshire, and New Mexico.

GM fires Mexican workers for aiding US strikers and calling for cross-border fight against automaker
23 September 2019

Impeachment Shouldn’t Be the Goal of Impeachment
September 26, 2019
"In lieu of justice, what I would like is answers. I would like the full story, a complete and detailed account of everyone’s involvement in everything. The whistleblower’s complaint is in large part an explanation of how dedicated the White House is to avoiding public disclosure of malfeasance. The fact that we are able to read it today is proof that impeachment is not a goal in and of itself, but a tool for ferreting out the truth. It should convince any skeptic that an impeachment inquiry should be wide-ranging and inclusive of all the president’s most serious scandals, from his apparent family history of tax fraud, to his ongoing abuse of office for self-enrichment, to his well-documented attempts at obstruction of justice."

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

Skex posted:

wait what

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

pkay posted:

I also listened to NPR talking about the 'Biden scandal' on my 30 min drive home... I don't know.

Yeah Gym was trying to push that crap and they were debunking his nonsense to his face rather then just letting him say his nonsense like it should be taken seriously.
Then when they were done with it they talked about how the Republicans were going to be sticking with that narrative for the "liars dividend".

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

As long as people are popping in accusing “the thread” of staning Biden it’s useful to remind everyone that no one likes him.

Also no one cares what we think. Except Ashley Feinberg.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Impeaching Trump and destroying the GOP now is especially important because daddy Putin is ready to completely wreck the 2020 elections

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/09/24/new-cyberwarfare-report-unveils-russias-secret-weapon-against-us-2020-election/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Skex posted:

Yeah Gym was trying to push that crap and they were debunking his nonsense to his face rather then just letting him say his nonsense like it should be taken seriously.
Then when they were done with it they talked about how the Republicans were going to be sticking with that narrative for the "liars dividend".

good. nice to see NPR do some good for once.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

pkay posted:

You came in and drug up Biden. WTH.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

No it isn't.

They are going to bring up Biden no matter what. Why is saying "Fine, whatever" meaningful?

They were bringing up loving Hillary Clinton's emails.

If every time they bring up Ukraine and Trump's crimes, you allow them to pivot to Biden and let the discussion devolved into "Is what Joe Biden did a crime?" you are allowing them to do exactly what they want to do.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I had a meeting after lunch with my boss who casually mentioned that he used to work for Joseph Maguire. Then he went on about how "non-partisan" Maguire was and how his testimony was great. My boss did not appreciate me providing actual facts.

Enjoy that poo poo. Just saw an article earlier today talking about how partisan the workplace as become, and how it's a nightmare for HR departments to deal with, and is only getting worse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pkay posted:

If every time they bring up Ukraine and Trump's crimes, you allow them to pivot to Biden and let the discussion devolved into "Is what Joe Biden did a crime?" you are allowing them to do exactly what they want to do.

So what exactly is your strategy?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

But Fox News is totally not State Television or anything. Very fair and normal.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

So what exactly is your strategy?

Keep talking about Trump's criminal activities???

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1177321123807137802

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zotix posted:

Enjoy that poo poo. Just saw an article earlier today talking about how partisan the workplace as become, and how it's a nightmare for HR departments to deal with, and is only getting worse.

yeah. at my job we don't even talk politics, its too busy and everyone likes each other enough to not just talk about it.

pkay posted:

who gives a poo poo what the chuds think. the chud POV isn't gonna be the MSN's outside fox. the media will follow the bigger story of "trump might be impeached because he did really bad poo poo" or "vague biden stuff".

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 27, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Galaxy brain.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cheetah7071 posted:

I feel like we've been in a gradually intensifying civil cold war for almost my entire life

That's literally the point of democracy

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I will say this about Biden's supposed role:

He absolutely did something wrong by having huge influence in the US's foreign policy towards Ukraine while his son was an investor there. Not because of anything he did, but because his role created a huge appearance of impropriety. like i know it seems hella quaint in hellworld timeline but it's pretty unethical to allow such a potential for corruption without making any attempts to recuse himself when he might have been able to influence things to his son's advantage.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

pkay posted:

Who are "they" and "them" and "their" and why do "they" and "them" and "their" matter again?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Nope

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bugsy posted:

depressing tweets

The media is making Bernier's party out to be this big threat but they are polling at less than 2%. Its honestly a bit terrifying how much attention they get for being such an insignificant (but loud) part of the upcoming election. Someone mentioned how this was similar to how the Trump saga started and Im really hoping we dont follow a similar path.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

Who are "they" and "them" and "their" and why do "they" and "them" and "their" matter again?

they means random chuds/conservatives.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

I will say this about Biden's supposed role:

He absolutely did something wrong by having huge influence in the US's foreign policy towards Ukraine while his son was an investor there. Not because of anything he did, but because his role created a huge appearance of impropriety. like i know it seems hella quaint in hellworld timeline but it's pretty unethical to allow such a potential for corruption without making any attempts to recuse himself when he might have been able to influence things to his son's advantage.

That's. Not. What. Happened.

When is the scheduled Giuliani self-immolation?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rabble posted:

Except none of the underlying accusations about Biden are true, and Biden was negotiating with Ukraine on behalf of the state department through official US channels.

that and its boring. biden had bad timing and his son was a empty suit for energy company board to get more money and was almost hosed over by a dickhead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bird cooch posted:

That's. Not. What. Happened.

When is the scheduled Giuliani self-immolation?

9 est.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Rabble posted:

Except none of the underlying accusations about Biden are true, and Biden was negotiating with Ukraine on behalf of the state department through official US channels.

it doesn't matter.

creating the appearance of impropriety erodes public trust in institutions of government, and thus measures need to be taken to avoid any such appearances. generally "trust us, we're legit" is the least persuasive argument to be had in these matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This is on fox news?