Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zipperelli. posted:

lets do a 180° from roofs, to stairs

Rapunzel's pubes

ed: a shameful snype

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

It's the Hair Stair Bunch!

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

We got a metal roof a year or so ago and I was disappointed it wasn't noisier in the rain. Like, can't even tell a difference from the old shingle roof. It's not like I've got the best insulated attic in the world either, so I dunno.

Did they install the metal roof over the old roof decking, or directly to the joists? Having decking underneath the metal roof really cuts down the rain noise.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

does anybody have the kitchen with a toilet in it? like, built into the cabinetry. it was dozens of pages back and I have no idea how to search for it

EDIT: thanks both, it had to be the cabinet one

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 26, 2019

cappaj
Jul 29, 2019

LordSaturn posted:

does anybody have the kitchen with a toilet in it? like, built into the cabinetry. it was dozens of pages back and I have no idea how to search for it

Found it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431884&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=746#post497932957

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Google searches for "toilet kitchen" and "shower kitchen" go on forever.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Did they install the metal roof over the old roof decking, or directly to the joists? Having decking underneath the metal roof really cuts down the rain noise.
Old roof decking, so that makes sense.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

About time I contributed directly.

My power vent water heater keeps shutting off. Amongst the several issues it could be, one is a clogged and/or dirty vent. So, I removed the power vent unit & cleaned it of a fairly heavy amount of dust (it's near the catbox table, which has five catboxes). So, I figured that the intake might need some attention.

So, I present the outside-the-box solution. Yo.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 27, 2019

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

PainterofCrap posted:

About time I contrubuted directly.

My power vent water heater keeps shutting off. Amongst the several issues it could be, one is a clogged and/or dirty vent. So, I removed the power vent unit & cleaned it of a fairly heavy amount of dust (it's near the catbox table, which has five catboxes). So, I figured that the intake might need some attention.

Fantastic.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

PainterofCrap posted:

Incredible. That's gotta add 5 or 10 degrees. :v:

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I think you meant Heat Power.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Google searches for "toilet kitchen" and "shower kitchen" go on forever.

When I went to Pompeii one of the excavated buildings had a toilet in the kitchen which was apparently normal for Romans, it had "shitter beware the evil eye" in Latin written next to it and the display info noted that "food poisoning was rife"

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

PainterofCrap posted:

That so easily could have ended up in one of those 'Inspection Report Nightmares' articles. but the matching colors and neat installation moves it into the Fast and Furious category.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

Does your shower have a NOS button?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

francisxavier12 posted:

Today I came home to a new fence in my backyard and nobody knows where it came from (self.legaladvice)

Delaware, USA. No homeowners association.

We live in a row home and the house attached to ours is vacant. It's been on the market since before we moved in, and nobody's lived in it for at least 7 years. There was a small cast iron fence between the two yards (on my property line) that went from under the fire escape to the brick garage (which you can see in the image). I removed that fence as it was on my property about a month ago and installed brand new, beautiful sod.

Well I come home today and this disgusting, mismatched random combination of fences has been erected between the yards. Part of it goes over my property line, crushing the sod, at the bottom of the fire escape. The leprechauns or whoever installed it stepped all over my grass to do so, and to top it all off, they gave us the ugly side, which is totally against fence etiquette.

I don't know who owns it, so I called the real estate agent. He was just as shocked as I was when I told him there had been a fence built at a house he is selling. He had no idea. He'll be in contact with the owner of the property tomorrow, but she is a 70 year old woman who doesn't live here, and he said he can't imagine why she would have a fence built. I asked my neighbor on the other side if she saw anything. She didn't.

What do I do about this fence?

The Mystery Fence

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The world's most discreet and quiet squatting methheads?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Modus Pwnens posted:

Does your shower have a NOS button?

Not yet - although I have asked my son to locate and obtain for me, as many as possible of the most outrageous & annoying tuner (or tuner-wannabe) decals & stickers (shocker, etc) to festoon upon the water heater. I am taking suggestions.

His first was, "rear end, Grass or Gas - No One Rides For Free," which depressed me a little, as it's from my generation and not really compatible with the tuner culture.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

It looks like a temporary thing. Still rude to not talk it out before erecting.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

Not yet - although I have asked my son to locate and obtain for me, as many as possible of the most outrageous & annoying tuner (or tuner-wannabe) decals & stickers (shocker, etc) to festoon upon the water heater. I am taking suggestions.

Here's a non-sticker suggestion: bosozoku exhaust

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Motronic posted:

Here's a non-sticker suggestion: bosozoku exhaust

You mean: stick a fart cannon on the pipe at the exterior wall?

I like it!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

celewign posted:

From reading the post(s) looks like it might be squatters.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PainterofCrap posted:

His first was, "rear end, Grass or Gas - No One Rides For Free," which depressed me a little, as it's from my generation and not really compatible with the tuner culture.

Kick it old school early 2000s tuner and try to find some Ractive and APC stickers.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Please go maximum silly and do a vinyl faux carbon fiber wrap before you put the stickers on.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

celewign posted:

Yeah, you need to get affirmative consent before sharing your erections, even the ones that don't last long.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPINvQwtKkg&t=16s

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

PainterofCrap posted:

IDK why, but I'm pretty sure there needs to be a JEGS logo on there somewhere

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Zipperelli. posted:

Shouldn't have set free that old lady's birds

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

celewign posted:

It was more than rude to tear down the previous iron fence which may have been placed there by the adjacent homeowner. The "property line" isn't his. It is the shared edge between two properties. If a fence is placed on that shared line by the neighbor, you can't just decide to tear it down whether you like it or not. Doing so is illegal unless you have a legal property survey showing that the fence is on your land. Even then you have to follow legal procedures to have it removed.

edit: Based on the picture, it looks like the "new" fence is completely on the neighbors property. In a situation where the neighbor tore down my antique cast iron fence, I would be extremely pissed off and at the minimum would erect a lovely fence like this.

Neutrino fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 30, 2019

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Seems like UK is poised to soon have lots of more content for this thread

https://twitter.com/RobertJenrick/status/1178570511263178752

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Nenonen posted:

:o

Though NB "planning permission" and "building control" are two separate entities in the UK. Planning permission determine whether you're allowed to do it at all, building control determine whether you're doing it safely.

"Permitted developments" which are projects pre-approved for planning permission as long as they fall within certain limits still need approval by building control.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

This sounds like by-right development that means you don’t have to have a hearing for the neighbors to complain about everything, but still have to obey building codes and get permits.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

crazypeltast52 posted:

This sounds like by-right development that means you don’t have to have a hearing for the neighbors to complain about everything, but still have to obey building codes and get permits.

That's roughly correct, yeah. (we don't do the hearings and there's no "code"-based permits per se, just building inspector visits and sign off)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Local authorities would still need to have additional resources to inspect all sites if everyone suddenly went gung-ho adding new floors to their Groverhaus.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Nenonen posted:

Local authorities would still need to have additional resources to inspect all sites if everyone suddenly went gung-ho adding new floors to their Groverhaus.

This is true, though step 1 of that process is sending building control some plans marked up by a structural engineer, so if there's anything ridiculous they'll spot it then from the comfort of their desks. Usually the site visits are just to ensure you've done what you said you were going to (or something similarly appropriate).

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Row houses are going to look pretty weird if they're not all the same height.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nevets posted:

Some will complain that their neighbour now blocks the sun. Others will remember that this is Britain.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nevets posted:

In the US townhouses are regularly different heights on purpose. Often they alternate which way the roof is oriented. Honestly it helps break up the monotony.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

It's also for detached houses only, and only blocks of flats to start with.

I'm curious how this will turn out. Currently it's mostly being reported in the right-wing Murdoch papers and they're all regurgitating the same back door press release, so it remains to be seen a) whether the "reform" will actually happen and b) what the rules will be if it does.

The parties are all gearing up for what's looking like an imminent election so there's a whole heap of "hey we're going to do great things for middle England real soon we promise" coming out of the tory party right now. Buttering up the white middle class detached home owners (like me) with indirect suggestion of house price increase sounds exactly like one of those.

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 30, 2019

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Jaded Burnout posted:

It's also for detached houses only, and only blocks of flats to start with.

I'm curious how this will turn out. Currently it's mostly being reported in the right-wing Murdoch papers and they're all regurgitating the same back door press release, so it remains to be seen a) whether the "reform" will actually happen and b) what the rules will be if it does.

The parties are all gearing up for what's looking like an imminent election so there's a whole heap of "hey we're going to do great things for middle England real soon we promise" coming out of the tory party right now. Buttering up the white middle class detached home owners (like me) with indirect suggestion of house price increase sounds exactly like one of those.

How are they going to build houses when all the Poles have gone home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Nenonen posted:

If you add 2 floors, and then I buy it, can I also add 2 floors?