Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

KungFu Grip posted:

where's the fuckin roster lmao

Yeah based on marketing schedual for the last few years we are still missing roster, soundtrack, and as of right now gameplay trailer is on track to be late usually that comes out 4 weeks before release, granted it could come out before friday evening but im not counting on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

I'm embarrassed for them.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
My uncle who works for 2k said the rosters been parred down to 11 wrestlers. 3 are Triple H variants.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope they still have that horse head CAW part, because I am 100% making Hunter Horse Helmsley this year.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I hope they still have that horse head CAW part, because I am 100% making Hunter Horse Helmsley this year.

Look at this horse professor over here.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

I think the roster is confirmed at 52 people so far between the womans showcase, entrances shown, the screenshots of andrade and humberto, and the dlc alt attires

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Brokenogre posted:

I think the roster is confirmed at 52 people so far between the womans showcase, entrances shown, the screenshots of andrade and humberto, and the dlc alt attires

they have two-to-three hundred wrestlers currently under contract what is this quarter-rear end nonsense? wcw/nwo thunder had more wrestlers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

*hunter horse helmsley approaches a fence*

Am I loving going over???

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

lost my old email posted:

they have two-to-three hundred wrestlers currently under contract what is this quarter-rear end nonsense? wcw/nwo thunder had more wrestlers

Im assuming this years roster will be smaller than last years since they havent pulled out the biggest roster ever tagline this year that was 252 including alts after all DLC was said and done, im guessing ignoring alternates this year we end up in the 160 range, we at least are getting a few new people since cross and humberto are confirmed, you can assume anyone in AEW is out so goldust ambrose and jericho are definitely gone as are gold aj styles 5 of the daniel bryans the extra bray poo poo like that

Correction to my previous number we are at 83 confirmed so far for this year if you include the dlc that have already been confirmed such as frankenstrowman and fed up sheamus

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 25, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

lost my old email posted:

Buy the DLC!

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

Buy the DLC!

The dlc is only confirmed to have alternate attires so far this year with fiend being the exception

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
The pre order bonus should be Nikolai Volkoff.

Or dlc

Just give me Nikolai, 2k or whoever is left running this ship into the ground.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm sure most of the roster is exactly the same, I'm just wonder what new wrestlers there are that either should have been in last year or are debuting this year. I didn't know about Humberto. It will be really funny if Trent Seven isnt in WWE 2k20 again

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I normally restrict the advertising of my fed to the designated thread/s but I figure for a PPV I might as well let ya know. Some of you might like it.

(click image for link)

This Saturday our 9th Special Event, called DETERMINATION, will take place.

In our Main Event Malfest Goat-Monster challenges Pantha for the Hellweight Title after winning the Showdown Tournament in impressive fashion and even getting a shock victory over the legendary VACANT.

Speaking of beating VACANT: Only one person can get a shot at the Hellweight title on this show but EGO also managed to beat VACANT. So EGO will do battle with Fomore who is clawing their way into the title picture on an effort to become the first Quadruple Crown champion.

With Freddie Hope's match against Flamander not happening for another four weeks he postpones his training at the Old Dojo for a little warm up against the entirety of the oRa 66. But not without the help of the Young Devils he's been training.

Meanwhile, Flamander continues to hold the Bunny Championship :3 heading into his fourth defense against none other than Roy, who defended the Title four times before he lost it.

On a lighter note: Our Seven Deadly Pins match this time is all Hosses. The Battle of Hoss Angeles... or Hoss Diavolos, I dunno. Eight pieces of beef slapping together repeatedly.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm sure most of the roster is exactly the same, I'm just wonder what new wrestlers there are that either should have been in last year or are debuting this year. I didn't know about Humberto. It will be really funny if Trent Seven isnt in WWE 2k20 again

Confirmed new, not including the alt attires in the DLC are The Fiend(dlc), Buddy Murphy, Chyna (deluxe/Smackdown edition DLC), Hulk Hogan (deluxe/smackdown edition DLC), Mankind (D/SD EDITION), Nikki Cross, Humberto, There are also 2 characters in the 1st real DLC that are as of yet unconfirmed which might be surprises for the game

Heres the Tweet confirming Andrade and Humberto...gotta love that the clipping of the pants here is the best pic they could find to show

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1176211872741085184

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 26, 2019

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Universe Mode info is coming in like 2 hours

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

Wow, Universe mode, I wonder if the winner of the "Most disappointing as compared to potential" award for 10 years running will repeat again?

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Brokenogre posted:

Hopefully this year we can actually use the unique venues (if any) from Story mode. Last year there were knockoff versions of Hammerstein, Tokyo Dome and a Mexican flea market and I couldn't use one in Universe mode. They even had a High School Parking Lot venue that was perfect for the northeast indie scum promotion I make every year.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

jesus WEP posted:

*hunter horse helmsley approaches a fence*

Am I loving going over???

It sucks when he's the one in charge of creative, ask 20 times if you're getting a push and the answer is always neigh.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Hopefully this year we can actually use the unique venues (if any) from Story mode. Last year there were knockoff versions of Hammerstein, Tokyo Dome and a Mexican flea market and I couldn't use one in Universe mode. They even had a High School Parking Lot venue that was perfect for the northeast indie scum promotion I make every year.

All you had to do to do this last year was use the create a show feature it was a little convoluted but definitely do able

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

2K has now revealed this years Universe info

https://wwe.2k.com/news/2k20-universe-mode/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Brokenogre posted:

2K has now revealed this years Universe info

https://wwe.2k.com/news/2k20-universe-mode/

WOW:

quote:

Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View)

You can fix it so you MIGHT get a Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble card! Good going 2K! :thumbsup:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Oh I see that they still have all the wrestlers in a neutral pose again, even though they literally have a hundreds of pre made menu screen poses and an editor for them.

Also, yay, it's universe mode but more draggy. 30 new cutscenes!! More pointless matches per show!

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Oh I see that they still have all the wrestlers in a neutral pose again, even though they literally have a hundreds of pre made menu screen poses and an editor for them.

Also, yay, it's universe mode but more draggy. 30 new cutscenes!! More pointless matches per show!

Yeah yesterday i was a bit excited about lobbies returning to online mode today not so much, but ive never been big on universe mode anyway but its info something we havent gotten this year so its something at least

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Universe Mode is a monkey's paw version of what I always wanted in a wrestling game as a kid.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Hopefully those 3040 new promo lines actually make sense as opposed to previous years, wont know until tonight but if they continue daily updates like they have the last 2 days we might get career mode tomorrow or gameplay trailer

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

quote:

Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
The most realistic WWE game to date!

It's kind of sad when info on the new instalment of a franchise reads more like patch notes than actual revelations of new content.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Will it still have the same exact boring graphical overlays for custom shows that its had for four years now

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Will it still have the same exact boring graphical overlays for custom shows that its had for four years now

Of course it will why would 2k add anything of note. Honestly with 2 days straight of info now im thinking create mode will be mid next week or the day before release

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Still not buying that poo poo. I think I got 18 or 19 through psPlus, played it for 20 minutes to realize the controls were complete rear end.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
After trying to play 2K18 I realized I like watching the 2K games get broken over the collective knees of newLegacyINC more than I like actually trying to play them.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

coconono posted:

Still not buying that poo poo. I think I got 18 or 19 through psPlus, played it for 20 minutes to realize the controls were complete rear end.

They have "new streamlined controls" this year, whatever that means, which reminds me of the time the Applebee's waitress told me they have "new meat."

Seriously I liked 2K19, but I probably only engaged with 10% of the game (creation modes, exhibition Reversal Festivals against the AI). A lot of the modes seem really barebones. I'm used to the controls out of habit (I think they've kept them the same since whichever one of these I bought for 360?) but there are some janky match types like HIAC, some janky moments where your wrestler turns like a big rig etc

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I appreciate how Universe mode makes the wrestlers look how I imagine they all feel inside.

Man, is it Thursday already? Last week was a huge show featuring two tag teams breaking up and a skeleton invasion. I don't know how much of that is going to matter this week because a hurricane is rolling through and talent and fans alike are unable to make it to the W.A.V.E. Pool. Like 6 wrestlers showed up, so idk what we're gonna do. Come watch and find out.
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They made a lot of pretty positive tweaks to Universe Mode last year so I'm not surprised this isn't a big overhaul but there is literally not one major change/improvement here. Some things actually seem worse, like rivalries spontaneously ending after one match.

Universe Mode is where I tend to spend most of my time in these games and it's frustrating when they let that feature stagnate for things that no one asked for.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dasher's look is out of date since he lost his mask, but yeah.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe "streamlined controls" means I can finally kick out of a pin. I've been trying to do it in every 2k game for like a decade and I can never pull it off. I've had epic matches in a Hell in a Cell where I throw Enzo off the drat thing five or six times and still eat a loving pin out of nowhere after maybe ten seconds of offense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Maybe "streamlined controls" means I can finally kick out of a pin. I've been trying to do it in every 2k game for like a decade and I can never pull it off. I've had epic matches in a Hell in a Cell where I throw Enzo off the drat thing five or six times and still eat a loving pin out of nowhere after maybe ten seconds of offense.

:psyduck: I see this complaint a lot and I literally can't picture it. At the start of a match the zone you need to stop the meter in is like half the circle. Like, you basically just have to hit the button.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gaz-L posted:

:psyduck: I see this complaint a lot and I literally can't picture it. At the start of a match the zone you need to stop the meter in is like half the circle. Like, you basically just have to hit the button.

Yeah pins were fine but submissions now they were impossible.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gaz-L posted:

I never said it was the game's fault, I've just never been able to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Pins were still poo poo.

Submissions were abysmal, though. Whether you had the dumb circle thingy (which is ugh) or the bit where you have to mash a specific button.

But since streamlined controls seem to be on the list of features every year I'm just gonna guess nothing changes anyway. Especially not with the million dumb minigames.

Somehow, I get the feeling, that wrestling games were just more fun when the secret to kicking out of pins or breaking away from submissions may or may not have been mashing all the buttons. You just didn't know because there was no UI to indicate it, but it made you feel like you were struggling for something, not against the game's weird minigame.