Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this is the man every Republican, including every one you know and are related to, thinks should rule the most powerful nation in the history of humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

The Glumslinger posted:

I think there was probably a lot of :stonklol: at the UN this week

I feel bad for Greta, because this Trump stuff completely overshadowed her. That’s probably what’s riling him up the most. It’s not the fact that he is staring down impeachment, but the fact that the world leaders were here in New York, less than a mile from his home, and that the topic of the year at this UN general assembly is laughing at Trump the minute the cameras stop rolling. He has been made to look weak and pathetic in front of his peers, and even his fellow Republicans aren’t vigorously defending him.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

unwantedplatypus posted:

Its honestly loving surreal that the president, the presidents lawyer, and the democratic primary frontrunner all suffer from obvious mental degradation and nobody loving notices.

Everyone loving notices, it's just more advantageous to the liches trying to maintain their grasp on power to keep them where they are.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wow Brian Williams looks a bit like he has gotten into some of Trump's orange paint

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

I feel bad for Greta, because this Trump stuff completely overshadowed her. That’s probably what’s riling him up the most. It’s not the fact that he is staring down impeachment, but the fact that the world leaders were here in New York, less than a mile from his home, and that the topic of the year at this UN general assembly is laughing at Trump the minute the cameras stop rolling. He has been made to look weak and pathetic in front of his peers, and even his fellow Republicans aren’t vigorously defending him.

I wouldn't feel too bad for her; she's coming out of this week as one of the few actual, honest-to-God heroes in this massive roiling stew of poo poo.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

unwantedplatypus posted:

Its honestly loving surreal that the president, the presidents lawyer, and the democratic primary frontrunner all suffer from obvious mental degradation and nobody loving notices.

:decorum:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

Don't feel bad for her. That girl has Got poo poo Together. She can handle this and she's got an army of us in front of her.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1177346176649027585

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

There Bias Two posted:

Everyone loving notices, it's just more advantageous to the liches trying to maintain their grasp on power to keep them where they are.
Yeah, look at the debasement conga-line of appointees: every ghoul thinks they’re the smart one who will play all the fluid-brains like a fiddle, this can’t possibly backfire because I’m a Big Smart Boy, oh no my hubris

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Majorian posted:

I wouldn't feel too bad for her; she's coming out of this week as one of the few actual, honest-to-God heroes in this massive roiling stew of poo poo.

Clearly you haven't read the long rambling expose that definitely proves something or other.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do you think the other world leaders ever laugh about Trump together in private?

Is there enough audio storage to contain it?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

mdemone posted:

Don't feel bad for her. That girl has Got poo poo Together. She can handle this and she's got an army of us in front of her.

Has anybody told you that you have quite a way with words? Cause that kinda got me fired up.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I just realized that were going to go through this same poo poo again in 30 years and Wohl is gonna be the Roger Stone

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1177416704634359809?s=20

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

I just realized that were going to go through this same poo poo again in 30 years and Wohl is gonna be the Roger Stone

And William Barr will be the AG

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Now that we know beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump is the kind of person who rules by extortion and quid pro quo, I am starting to wonder what he got in exchange for the Kavenaugh nomination...

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Dammerung posted:

Has anybody told you that you have quite a way with words? Cause that kinda got me fired up.

I was at the climate strike last week and it was truly inspiring to see kids so fired up and active about it. Like this generation is going to be unbelievably good if they're getting forged in the fires of activism before they're even in highschool.

Also the best sign I saw there was a teen who wrote "OK BOOMERS" on her sign lol. The kids are gonna be alright.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I wonder if the CIA whistleblower was an expert in disinformation campaigns / counter-intelligence operations. Cause that would be funny watching a pro go up against the White House clown show.

Like purposely sharing certain details to make it look like he was talking to another insider in the White House to intentionally sow discord.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Absolutely amazing.

Rudy really is a treasure for the ages.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What is that first twitter video with Rudy about? What does it even mean to compare someone to Al Gore?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

If you are a child of Rudy, sorry, but it might be time to wrestle your father to the ground.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rabble posted:

Now that we know beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump is the kind of person who rules by extortion and quid pro quo, I am starting to wonder what he got in exchange for the Kavenaugh nomination...

A pardon by the next Republican president.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

TV Zombie posted:

What is that first twitter video with Rudy about? What does it even mean to compare someone to Al Gore?

Stiff, boring, and robotic.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Rabble posted:

Trump didn't have any leverage there. Kennedy basically told them he'd only retire if the white house picked someone on a short list he gave them and the white house said ok..... we'll pick Kavanaugh.

There was speculation he might double-cross Kennedy after he announced his retirement, but they didn't.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do you think the other world leaders ever laugh about Trump together in private?

Absolutely. There's been a couple of occasions when stuff has leaked out about it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Better think of your future
Else you’ll wind up in jail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Gonna need a perfectly looped gif of that Al Gore impression

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Otteration posted:

If you are a child of Rudy, sorry, but it might be time to wrestle your father to the ground.

No one tells Andrew Giuliani what to do

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
We laugh but I think Rudy just discovered the next dance sensation to hit TikTok.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
When they leave office, Presidents customarily leave a letter giving advice to their successor. What do you think Trump's would say?

just a simple "WITCH HUNT!!!" and a bunch of greasy hamburger and Diet Coke stains?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

mod sassinator posted:

I was at the climate strike last week and it was truly inspiring to see kids so fired up and active about it. Like this generation is going to be unbelievably good if they're getting forged in the fires of activism before they're even in highschool.

Also the best sign I saw there was a teen who wrote "OK BOOMERS" on her sign lol. The kids are gonna be alright.

We're going to have to work hard just to keep up! It's kind of exciting.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

pahuyuth posted:

When they leave office, Presidents customarily leave a letter giving advice to their successor. What do you think Trump's would say?

just a simple "WITCH HUNT!!!" and a bunch of greasy hamburger and Diet Coke stains?

I think he'd leave a note stating that his successor would never be able to fill his footsteps.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TyrantWD posted:

I feel bad for Greta, because this Trump stuff completely overshadowed her.
I read that twitter thread she did about how 2 years ago she was sitting at home alone, feeling miserable, with an eating disorder and pretty much a friendless background because she's on the spectrum and how she hated that crock and wanted to get off that funk. And to go from feeling super bummed at having to deal with that lot to basically becoming the closest thing to a goddamn cultural hero in one of the premier issues our generation is going to come to grips with? I say she's doing pretty darn well for herself.

Hell, she even turned a horrifying mock Donnie smoothies-for-brain used against her into something genuinely funny.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

pahuyuth posted:

Trump wouldn’t leave the letter if he served 8 years and was handing the Presidency to Ivanka. I’m going to repeat my prediction he won’t even be in DC on Inauguration Day.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

pahuyuth posted:

A mass-produced photo of him which he signed with a sharpie.

and he'll steal the sharpie

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This video has partly been fulfilled and now just may be completely fulfilled:

https://youtu.be/DhD3I_AZJMY

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

pahuyuth posted:

Just an IOU written on a McDonald’s napkin left on the floor of a White House that has been stripped of everything including the copper pipes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Edmund Lava posted:

Trump wouldn’t leave the letter if he served 8 years and was handing the Presidency to Ivanka. I’m going to repeat my prediction he won’t even be in DC on Inauguration Day.

he will 100% be holding a rally

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

pahuyuth posted:

It’s going to be a list of people that he pardons including himself as well as a list of traitors to his Administration that he’s throwing under the bus and he spells out which crimes they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's like when I was working for a guy with dementia and I'd bring up some massive problem facing us and he'd just wave it off as 'oh no no it's fine' and refuse to talk about it.