Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The Goemon LP owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It’s hard watching the Woolie Astral Chain LP cause he puts up the Iris display on all the time and it washes out all the colors

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INEhpwIAR4o

This gonna be gud

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

I saw the clip for it yesterday: https://clips.twitch.tv/FunCuteDogeHotPokket

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Now I wish river city girls was a full playthrough on the channel, but I don't know how much the ending would affect woolie since (ending spoiler) he guessed it in the miniseries :v:

The special final boss fight and following dialogue rules though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm enjoying Matt's abbreviated LP of Duke Nukem Forever. I'd forgotten how many memes they thought were funny when the game was supposed to launch but they kept in on its actual launch of TYOOL 2011.

Also the... Folsom twins. Yikes. Gross.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

im christian as gently caress, i.e. im white and when people ask if i've read the bible i say yes, no i dont need any of your leaflets thanks. heaven please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Indecisive posted:

im christian as gently caress, i.e. im white and when people ask if i've read the bible i say yes, no i dont need any of your leaflets thanks. heaven please

wut

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Probably wrong thread but on-brand considering Woolie/Pat dynamics.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

sorry i have no idea how that post got there, it was meant as a joke reply in another thread

kind of confusing i dont think i was even in this thread earlier today

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Indecisive posted:

sorry i have no idea how that post got there, it was meant as a joke reply in another thread

kind of confusing i dont think i was even in this thread earlier today

Chemicals move in mysterious ways, brethren.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The matt videos are dull. Woolies are generally ok.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Matt's good actually :colbert:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Woolie and Eyepatch Wolf is a good combo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Roth posted:

Woolie and Eyepatch Wolf is a good combo

That we will never see again

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

That we will never see again
Goemon burned them that badly? No more HxH? :negative:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Grouchio posted:

Goemon burned them that badly? No more HxH? :negative:

(I'm sure they will but the joke throughout the entire back half of the Goemon LP is that Woolie was going to kill EPW if they ever LP'd together again)

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Brightman posted:

Pat's streams start at 8pm and go for like 4 to 6 hours on average sometimes 8, I think he also frequently says he goes to bed at like 4 or 5am. Is this good? Probably not.

The other problem is also going to have to be the fact that they just LIVE off of Red Bull. I feel like Pat has said on NUMEROUS podcasts that he's already had 2 or 3 cans of Red Bull, and then drinks 1-2 more during the podcast.

Or with the SBFcast I remember them taking breaks fairly often so Pat could go buy 2 more Red Bulls when he was already at 3-4 by the start.

As for the cpap machines... at least if you want to get them through insurance (in the states) you have to meet a lot of annoying poo poo to qualify for them. I used to work for a DME company and it was a pain in the rear end sometimes getting the required stuff for someone to get a new cpap machine.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Their misuse of energy drinks is absolutely idiotic.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
A good 80% of pats blood is just redbull at this point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh cool, woolie said he's going to continue river city girls on the podcast, I wonder if he means he's going to do it on the channel with Minh and Reggie or on his own time? The three videos were pretty great, I'd love if they continued.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I've started watching Matt's "What happened?" series and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected based on what people say about it here. It's pretty interesting and seems accurate enough, though I can't be sure having not researched many of these games on my own. A lot of people don't like his speaking style and while I didn't like it much at first I find I don't really mind it anymore. That said, I'm a weird nerd who likes hearing about/playing famously bad games (Playing through Ride to Hell: Retribution with a friend was legimitately one of my favorite video game experiences) so maybe it's because I'm being pandered to here.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbh Matt's wha happen stuff got better as it kept going and his movie based ones are honestly better than the game ones

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Yeah, I like Wha Happun more than a lot of the other ex-SBF stuff I've seen, if we're being honest? Maybe it's the specificity?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Even Wha' Happun? can be kind of a mixed bag. Like I get doing Fallout 76 when he did meant more views but... there's not much of a story besides 'well, Bethesda.'

That said I wonder if there's something good behind Clive Barker's Jericho.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Matt letting them be decided by poll was not really the greatest move, but he seems to have at least realized doing anything too recent is probably not the way to go at least. The Tony Hawk 5 video is a good one and it's the most recent a video he's had that wasn't about a game from the last year and he had a lot to talk about due to the fact the Tony Hawk series has quite a cultural legacy behind it and you can tell Matt actually cared about the subject a lot. MVCI is also honestly not that great of a video though so yeah, they are still pretty hit and miss but they feel like they hit more than they don't now at least.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dawgstar posted:

Even Wha' Happun? can be kind of a mixed bag. Like I get doing Fallout 76 when he did meant more views but... there's not much of a story besides 'well, Bethesda.'

That said I wonder if there's something good behind Clive Barker's Jericho.

Watch Noah Cadwell-Gervais vid on it. His worlds are good.

Unless you just mean industry drama stuff then I dunno.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 29, 2021

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

woolie sucks at goose game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wha Happen is good most of the time and I'm glad he's stopped doing more recent stuff since those are always the worst. Fallout 76 was just reposting a bunch of reddit threads in a video, a ton of stuff in the Anthem video was just actively wrong, and the MvCI video is "we don't know what happened so let's just do a bunch of speculation"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Stairmaster posted:

He's having the time of his life tho

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

I watched Woolies videos on Control recently and found it pretty funny how one of the few games that would have benefited from his slow pace, looking at everything and reading through all files and such, was instead piloted by turbo speedrunner Reggie :v:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Stairmaster posted:

(HOOOOOOOOONK!!!!!!)/ :goose:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can not believe how much of this weeks podcast was devoted to subs vs dubs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That seems on brand tho.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I wouldn't have it any other way

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
What's better is that whole discussion is predicated on Woolie wanting to hear Kamina's JP voice actor. Even though he doesn't voice that main character of Promare.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie can't even name the actor.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remind me again why Pat and Woolie hate doing LPs together now?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't know. We know that Pat only wants to do low-effort off the cuff stuff like the Podcast and streaming; while Woolie still likes to do higher-effort stuff like LPs. If Pat could play with Woolie, while Woolie and Minh do the editing, it would be the best of both worlds.

Though maybe Pat spends too much time sucking on robo breath and streaming to have time to organize an LP with Woolie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pat would just rather stream. He doesn't like more structured and edited stuff.