Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
But he bought the car.

But he bought the flipping car!

Yeah, but he bought the car.

he bought the car... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Adlai Stevenson buys a car!

Are you now or have you ever been a Ford owner?

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
"Truck Farmer: the special edition. Contains scenes the studio originally thought too graphic for general audiences."

Narrator: And the finished box is passed along on a series of rollers directly to a refrigerated railroad car, where it is loaded immediately.

Tom: And sent back to the farm and put back into the ground. It actually makes no sense whatsoever!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

Are you now or have you ever been a Ford owner?

Do you know that Chevrolet has a wonderful plan for your life?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Netflix ever renew this?

Nothing has been said but Netflix likes to avoid announcing a lot of stuff until a few months before it airs.

Felicia Day recently said season 13 is "on hold" due to the tour but she sounds hopeful on returning.

Joel has talked about the tour being season 13 which could be taken a few ways. It's also the last tour he plans to do.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 18, 2019

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Mokinokaro posted:

Nothing has been said but Netflix likes to avoid announcing a lot of stuff until a few months before it airs.

Felicia Day recently said season 13 is "on hold" due to the tour but she sounds hopeful on returning.

Joel has talked about the tour being season 13 which could be taken a few ways. It's also the last tour he plans to do.

Based on this quote alone I could expect the "live show" being Kinga's next big idea since selling out to Disney hasn't panned out.

Maybe they'll recut all the shows into a season!

This is probably a terrible idea but Dangit I want my puppet movie show back!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Netflix ever renew this?

At this point, I'm not expecting to hear anything until the Turkey Day marathon.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Keep in mind, it hasn't been cancelled, which is good news in a way.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I remember Jonah saying something, last Turkey Day, that the reason there was only 6 eps was because they wanted to write and film them in small blocks, implying that it only the first batch coming and they were going to record another batch in the future.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The head writer is doing his own project so that’s not the world’s best sign.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Golden Bee posted:

I didn't know about his podcast and oh my god they talk about Frank D'Angelo movies. He's a local failson businessman (his family owned Napoli foods a big canadian business) who has been making bad movies for a long time. I've submitted the trailers to Rifftrax before but no traction unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QqR4TwZk8

He inexplicably gets big name stars in his movies. I think he spends his inheritance on this vanity tripe.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JAMES CAAN.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Another Bill posted:

I didn't know about his podcast and oh my god they talk about Frank D'Angelo movies. He's a local failson businessman (his family owned Napoli foods a big canadian business) who has been making bad movies for a long time. I've submitted the trailers to Rifftrax before but no traction unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QqR4TwZk8

He inexplicably gets big name stars in his movies. I think he spends his inheritance on this vanity tripe.

I've never seen such disparity between the production of a company's vanity logo and the quality of their actual logo.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Elliott sold a TV show. He’s been doing the podcast for over eight years.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Golden Bee posted:

Eh, given the nature of everything, I doubt MST3K is a lot of people's full time job.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
we had to snap him in two like a frozen dog to get him out of the capsule, but...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, delightful. Somebody on the Rifftrax FB group complained there were too many 'snowflakes' in group and the results were... well, that .gif about Pinhead talking how the box was opened.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cross posting from the vinyl thread:

https://twitter.com/mst3k/status/1176535497683820544?s=21

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
'Mystery Science Theater 3000' Season 13 "on hold," says Felicia Day

The article is a little more encouraging than the headline. You never want to hear "on hold" for a show, but she points to the live tour as 100% of the reason and nothing to do with Netflix.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I might’ve missed it, but I didn’t realize Joel explicitly intends this current tour to be his last.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Went to the live show tonight. The production quality was super low. During the intro Joel mentioned it was his last tour (and teared up :smith:) but that he'd still be helping with "the brand".

That said, the riffing was great and the voice actors they found for the bots were excellent.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ballz posted:

I might’ve missed it, but I didn’t realize Joel explicitly intends this current tour to be his last.
He's no spring chicken. At the same time, well, we've heard that about the Stones, too.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

It's too bad they don't have the season 10 songs released anywhere.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1177713140475273216?s=20

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

TVGM posted:

Went to the live show tonight. The production quality was super low. During the intro Joel mentioned it was his last tour (and teared up :smith:) but that he'd still be helping with "the brand".

That said, the riffing was great and the voice actors they found for the bots were excellent.

Nessus posted:

He's no spring chicken. At the same time, well, we've heard that about the Stones, too.

I really feel like Joel loves touring, but also has a family, and like you said, Nessus, he's not getting any younger.

Which show was it, TVGM? I've got January tickets for the Ghost-of-Bruce-Lee movie.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hadn't watched Fire Maidens from Outer Space in a while. Geeze, it's a slog. The Timmy stuff still sort of creeps me out, but it saves the episode.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Failson posted:

Which show was it, TVGM? I've got January tickets for the Ghost-of-Bruce-Lee movie.

Circus of Horrors

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jeez, having a massive heart attack may have been the best thing to happen to Frank.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

muscles like this! posted:

Jeez, having a massive heart attack may have been the best thing to happen to Frank.

Too bad about his arms though :(

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah I just had a heart attack at the end of June and then ended up with a quad bypass a little over 4weeks ago.

Lost 75 lbs and on target to hit my ‘ideal’ weight range by the end of month. Of course it helps to have something like this to convince you a radical change in diet is necessary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Frank cut all the crap out of his diet by going vegan.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I went to the live show in Chicago last night (No Surrender No Retreat) and loved it. The production was more reminiscent of goofy low budget earlier days and they had more fun being creative with the puppets.

The riffing was excellent. Joel really brings a great energy, and I'm going to miss him as a live performer (three CTs, his one man show, and this I've seen him 5 times!)

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
I went in Indianapolis on Thursday and agree. That was my first live show but I don't think the production detracted from it at all.

I didn't realize this would be Joel's last tour but I'm glad I got to see it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’d pick up a copy of Volume XXXVI if I were you.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Edward Mass posted:

I’d pick up a copy of Volume XXXVI if I were you.

Is it going out of print or something? It’s one of the few i haven’t gotten around to picking up yet.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ballz posted:

Is it going out of print or something? It’s one of the few i haven’t gotten around to picking up yet.

According to the physical media thread in CD, the Incredible Melting Man is going out of print from Shout! Factory, so I'd imagine that would include the MST3K version.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Edward Mass posted:

According to the physical media thread in CD, the Incredible Melting Man is going out of print from Shout! Factory, so I'd imagine that would include the MST3K version.

It doesn't mean that they don't have the rights - they just might not be pressing up more copies.

Or maybe we'll finally get to see the credible melting man.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Cemetry Gator posted:

It doesn't mean that they don't have the rights - they just might not be pressing up more copies.

Or maybe we'll finally get to see the credible melting man.

The Credible Melting Man is already out. It's called Chernobyl.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Well, I learned that some movies can abuse spirit gum and latex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Failson posted:

Hadn't watched Fire Maidens from Outer Space in a while. Geeze, it's a slog. The Timmy stuff still sort of creeps me out, but it saves the episode.

Timmy's got to be one of the Crows that they use for the Theater, right?