Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Welp, so much for SuMo being Ash’s last stand I guess. I haven’t really been following the news on SwSh that closely but who’s the other kid?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Sep 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He’s a new character.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He’s a new character.

Ah, I assumed he was a rival from the games like is usually the case. Starting Ash off with a male traveling companion instead of a female one is something new at least though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ash going on a revenge tour.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ash finally getting a male love interest. Bold.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Ah, I assumed he was a rival from the games like is usually the case. Starting Ash off with a male traveling companion instead of a female one is something new at least though.

Sun and Moon sent Ash to school and did away with the usual formula, so I can definitely see a new season continuing to break from the traditional structure.

I hope it becomes a sport anime.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Are we sure that's not a girl, actually? Looks like some kind of hair clip on their head. Whoever they are, they've got ridiculously skinny ankles.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Since the show is just called Pocket Monsters again it might be cool if the plot involved Ash going on a bit of a world tour rather than just being confined to Galar the whole time.

Also James absolutely must catch a Galarian Weezing at some point during this series, it just makes sense.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Are we sure that's not a girl, actually? Looks like some kind of hair clip on their head. Whoever they are, they've got ridiculously skinny ankles.

Could be, it’s sort of hard to tell by the design but you’re right, it’s probably going to turn out to be a girl though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 27, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

broads love clips

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the new character has eyelashes, which have been cartoon shorthand for "this is a lady" since time immemorial. i like her design

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Happy year of the rat from all the Pokérats:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xelkelvos posted:

Ash finally getting a male love interest. Bold.

You are ignoring his best love interest in the series, Clemont

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah the eyelashes make me think girl.

It would also be a little weird if it isn’t; the franchise has sold itself as being gender neutral for a long time. Which generally means they like to have at the very least a token female main character.

The idea of this being a sort of world tour is interesting though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

less laughter posted:

Happy year of the rat from all the Pokérats:

zodiac theory confirmed

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I read the new character as a girl given the lashes and hair clip, but it's hard to tell with anime sometimes. A tomboyish girl would make more sense than a femme guy for Scorbunny's partner.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anime designs in general are predictable as poo poo so yeah the new character is a tomboy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Meanwhile Gloria is fuming (in Scottish) for losing her anime protagonist slot.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

less laughter posted:

Meanwhile Gloria is fuming (in Scottish) for losing her anime protagonist slot.

Don’t worry; I’m sure Hilda is willing to teach her how to move past it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vandar posted:

Don’t worry; I’m sure Hilda is willing to teach her how to move past it.

I forget, did Hilda (or the male protagonist whose name I forget) even make so much as a cameo in Best Wishes?

Come to think of it, I don’t think the XY or SuMo protagonists ever appeared in their anime adaptations either.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon games have protagonists?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Serena was a main character in the XY anime though?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Larryb posted:

I forget, did Hilda (or the male protagonist whose name I forget) even make so much as a cameo in Best Wishes?

Ash wore Hilbert's clothes, so they merged him into the protag that way. Same with Calem in XY.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vandar posted:

Serena was a main character in the XY anime though?

I meant more the playable character (which actually did show up in the Kanto through Sinnoh seasons).

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Larryb posted:

I meant more the playable character (which actually did show up in the Kanto through Sinnoh seasons).

Serena is also an XY playable character. In gens III, IV and VI the PC from the games starred in the anime alongside Ash.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 27, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wait did Red, Blue, or Yellow show up in Kanto?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Yellow was in a few of the kanto episodes, they changed his name to Ash though

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Shut up about the anime for a second:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1177579731308425217

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Prediction: They're gonna reveal the squirrels and maybe the new early bug.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Literally every single Pokemon twitter post is flooded with #BringBackTheNationalDex posts. And a this point I hope they remove like half the Pokemon now because I'm sick of seeing it on every single Pokemon tweet

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Licarn posted:

Yellow was in a few of the kanto episodes, they changed his name to Ash though

I think the female trainer from FR/LG showed up at one point as well but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Come on lesbians let’s go lesbians

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hopefully that means Parasect is hanging about, or Amoongus

Also I hope Ash's phone buddy is the same buddy from his current Dex

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Literally every single Pokemon twitter post is flooded with #BringBackTheNationalDex posts. And a this point I hope they remove like half the Pokemon now because I'm sick of seeing it on every single Pokemon tweet

How about just not reading the comments on things

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I wish these dummos would remember that the best Pokemon game ever had a limited Dex. I'm talking, of course, about Pokémon Snap.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Yawn.

loving lol

quote:

Starting at 6:00 a.m. PDT on Friday, October 4, we will broadcast live footage for 24 hours from a camera set up in Glimwood Tangle—a strange forest located deep within the Galar region.

This is your chance to get to know the various Pokémon that make their home in this forest! You may notice things that surprise you!
stay awake for 24 hours watching a stream loop the same dozen early area 'mons to hope you get to see the new regional rat and corviknight's first form.

Those new designs look neat, and the poster is really fresh and adventurous. I really love the color; pokemon anime posters are usually pretty bad, specially when they're first revealed. Picture's always oversaturated with stuff, and they added a ton of shading to SM's that made it look hideous. This one's nice and clean and shows a ton of fun little things without overdoing the picture. I keep hearing people say it's SM's art with Power of Us, but it really feels to me like Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee's promotional artwork, tweaked for anime. I dig it. Hope they show a trailer this Sunday and not just the poster again.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 27, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pentaro posted:

I wish these dummos would remember that the best Pokemon game ever had a limited Dex. I'm talking, of course, about Pokémon Snap.

:hmmyes:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pentaro posted:

It's true, it had just the right amount of Pokemon for a game on the Nintendo 64.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe your camera had a rotom in it

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

🗡️🛡️ anime:

Welp. Trapped with Ash forever I guess. Whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

There was never a real reason to think that Ash wasn't coming back.