Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

an AOL chatroom posted:

TRUMP: Its not true that I poo poo my pants, I poo poo my pants, underpants, socks, and a little bit of my shirt. BAD!

TRUMP: Mike Pence also poo poo his pants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Magugu posted:

This is rocket fuel on a fire from Putin.

It seems like he wants this to happen to further spread discord in the US.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Decrepus posted:

Congressmen: I have not smelled it yet

Republicans: I have not smelled the President. I do not know what poop smells like. I have never pooped.

The NRA: Vladimir Putin pooped our pants.

FOX: Waffles??

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The evolution of this week has been great.

*The President; reeking of poo poo*

House Dems: Some people are saying the President pooped his pants, but we don't think that kind of talk is appropriate at this time.

Trump: I pooped my pants!

Rudy: He pooped 'em! I helped!

Whitehouse: Here are the lovely drawers.

House Dems: We are forming a committee to look into the idea that the President might have pooped his pants.

You forgot someone saying that reports of making GBS threads his pants are troubling.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rigel posted:

Roberts is smart enough to know that in the very long run (which is how he needs to look at things) the GOP is driving themselves into the ditch of being a small regional southern party with no power. Maybe not now, maybe not in 8 years, but eventually. If they throw the Dems enough bones here and there, he can peel off enough Dems to go "ehhh.... I don't feel good about packing the courts, lets just keep it at 9". That gives him room to fire the occasional bullet at the very important decisions he really cares about. He doesn't have to give a drat about protecting someone who is likely out soon when it doesn't advance his goals anyway.

Also and I know this sounds naive. Roberts maybe partisan and makes a lot of conservative opinions but I think he is someone who genuinely cares about judicial independence and the powers of Congress. If this were Kavanaugh, whose expressed purpose on the court is to protect Trump, I would worry more but Roberts at least has a veneer of legitimacy? I am not sure how to explain it better.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

There Bias Two posted:

While weakening Ukraine.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

TRUMP: Mike Pence also poo poo his pants!

Putin today: "We hope you don't check the president's hamper for other soiled pants".

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering when Russia would throw gasoline on this fire. I wonder if we are nearing the point Putin sees the writing on the wall and Trumps usefulness is wearing thin and decides to throw him under the bus.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

sean10mm posted:

Friendly reminder that classifying something doesn't keep Congress from being able to read it, like, at all. It's a non-obstacle for them.

Up to a point. They will not have access to anything requiring Code Word clearance.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Magugu posted:

Totally, Putin's just loving around with him at this point because Donny's obviously at the end of his usefulness. (F, B)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
It legitimately takes some effort to come up with an analogy stupid enough to capture this series of events

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1177618565870100480

they are apparently just trying to crash the economy on purpose now

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It legitimately takes some effort to come up with an analogy stupid enough to capture this series of events

Imagine a literal elemental of crime and corruption, out of control and with no one to control it and then a political party who then feeds and supports said elemental.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

eke out posted:

drat, completely forgot to add "Trade war" to my WH distractions bingo card today.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

eke out posted:

So everyone in the know definitely shorted these stocks before the news hit right?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Magugu posted:

Why would he leave a flaming bag of dogshit at the front door to the White House?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Mooseontheloose posted:

Imagine a literal elemental of crime and corruption, out of control and with no one to control it and then a political party who then feeds and supports said elemental.

from the perspective of politics as a spectator sport, hell yeah that fuckin owns

from any other perspective, though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

marshmonkey posted:

So everyone in the know definitely shorted these stocks before the news hit right?
Oh, 100%

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Up to a point. They will not have access to anything requiring Code Word clearance.

Source?

Because my understanding is the select intel committees can't have anything withheld from them just based on the classification.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
USPOL Fall: McCain's brow-furrowing in his grave right now

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
NY Times: One of our journalistic ethics is “whoever smelt it dealt it” and we believe we know the identity of who smelt it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1177545931136360448

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

100% this. He's throwing a rock at the hornet's nest hanging over the U.S. political system's head. (I'm very good at metaphors. The best metaphors)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

I genuinely wonder if they're so stupid they think they're going to make a downturn to go with the impeachment talk as some kinda proof that impeachment is bad

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Mahoning posted:

NY Times: One of our journalistic ethics is “whoever smelt it dealt it” and we believe we know the identity of who smelt it.

Really, gently caress those guys, there Op-Ed section needs to be burned to the ground.

They sure are driving engagement by being hacks though!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

eke out posted:

If the global economy implodes, that will surely impede the impeachment investigation!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

eke out posted:

I imagine a Diet Coke-fueled Trump running around the White House pulling all the levers and switches to gently caress poo poo up so that he can distract from the impeachment. Or at the very least try and find ways for himself and his companies to make some last minute money before he’s taken out of office and has all those court filings to deal with from the NY courts.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1177596794366242820

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I honestly wouldn't put it past him to do something especially heinous like purposely crash the economy or order executions in the detention centers.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Herewaard posted:

Would US v Nixon apply if it's a congressional subpoena in the pursuit of an impeachment inquiry? Would SCOTUS not just say "ehhh that's a political question and congress can just impeach the executive if he refuses to turn over evidence that is duly subpoened" ?

Yeah except there is a whole department of people that should go to jail for ignoring a subpoena, and also this makes the "checks and balances" functions of the branches of government irrelevant since they're impossible to enforce.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Putin 1000000% does not give a gently caress about Trump and just wants the complete destruction of the US political system.

Trump has been a decent asset in furthering that goal tho.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

was waiting for the roth to drop.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

If Tony Soprano was somehow also simultaneously degenerate gambler/sporting goods store owner Robert Patrick, and Air Bud had a cameo being walked in by the kid from Blank Check, and you took the whole episode and intercut it with the evolution montage from Adaptation, you'd almost be there if it made everyone yell at it because they couldn't turn it off. poo poo, I dunno.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eke out posted:

cool. so he can blow the economy while an impeachment is happening.

i think its kinda both. like he is super off the cuff, which isn't of itself a bad thing but he is also a coddled narcissistic hateful moron whos brain melts hard and can only punch.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Trump impeachment gamble may have Pelosi backed into a corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFeOp94oFyw
gently caress pelosi, but this headline is peak delusion

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

If Tony Soprano was somehow also simultaneously degenerate gambler/sporting goods store owner Robert Patrick, and Air Bud had a cameo being walked in by the kid from Blank Check, and you took the whole episode and intercut it with the evolution montage from Adaptation, you'd almost be there if it made everyone yell at it because they couldn't turn it off. poo poo, I dunno.

Still doesn't even account for RUDY lmao

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1177559254456315904

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

haveblue posted:

If the global economy implodes, that will surely impede the impeachment investigation!

I think this is a joke, but if / when things go tits up Trump and Fox are 100% guaranteed to blame impeachment. 'everything was great until the dirty dems tried to silence trump, look at how terrible this is for the economy.'

Also people have been missing this part of the dialog:

Trump: YES I POOPED MY PANTS IT WAS A WONDERFUL POOP THE BEST POOP EVERYONE STOOD UP AND APPLAUDED MY POOP

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Those sunken eyes are terrifying

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This is uh pretty transparent, no?

https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/status/1177620177707515904?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88gNXqaUijY

i feel like trump is master shake and this is now.