Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got to move my therapy appointment up an hour and a half so I won't feel rushed tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not particularly stand-out awesome or whatever but I had a pretty neat hosed up dream yesterday. Not sure if there's a dream thread to post it in or not.

I was with my sister and we were fighting off horrific nightmare creatures with big fat super soaker or xcom-style exaggeratedly huge laser rifles, they'd fire off a big shot but then need to recharge for five seconds, so if we missed we had to wait for the next shot. We were cracking off shots around the corner of a stairwell we were hiding in and took out a serpentine wingless dragon-looking thing, and over its corpse scuttled an abomination straight out of a metal album cover: a car-sized creature with eight thick, spider-like legs, maybe crab-like, connected to a human skull that was at a 45-degree angle upwards, with its jaw hanging slackly open, the rear of its head taken up by a far-too-massive pulsating brain(I guess in place of a spider abdomen), and huge, faintly glowing human eyeballs that stared blankly into space with + shaped pupils instead of normal pupils bulged out of the skull's eye sockets. And the entire thing was a meaty red-pink color, and...moist. moist and meaty. And we were cracking off shots at it and it just kept scuttling forwards and dodging them like nothing, I shouted we should back down the stairs before it got to us. We got to the bottom of the stairs before a shadow filled the doorway, talons reach in either side, and the face of the thing filling the entire doorway is illuminated by the glow of its + -shaped pupil eyeballs...and then my alarm went off and I woke up for work

Pretty cool horrifying dream imo

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
A house fell on one of the Koch brothers! Now hopefully the other will kick off shortly.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
One of my cats had surgery, today. He came through fine and is home mending. He has always been an amazingly affectionate and pleasant cat, and I hadn't realized how much he'd changed over the past six months or so. I don't know if it's because he was in a lot of pain, and now it's gone, or if he's just really glad to be home after a stressful day, but he's purring and cuddling me like crazy.

Bonus is that when I picked him up, the total was just under $500 instead of the $740 - $1,000 they had estimated. The money isn't important in this story, but I'm not rich, and saving 30-40% of what I expected to pay was a pleasant surprise.

They _did_ sort of dick me around on $50. I asked if the total included the prescription food I asked them for, and they told me yes, but it just showed up on my card as an additional $50 charge. I think they realized they screwed up and just ran my card again, which kind of pisses me off, but whatever. They didn't kill my cat, so it's a win.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Good book even though we know the dinosaurs didn’t actually exist as per the Bible

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I rediscovered an old cartoon that turned out to still be funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the mad lad Sakurai actually put Sans from motherfucking Undertale in Smash Ultimate.

It's a Mii Gunner outfit, but I figure Sans was too lazy to show up himself so he had someone else dress up in crocs, a hoodie and a skull head and go as him instead

and toby fox made a new rendition of Megalovania, which is included in the DLC, and it's really, really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BTrspwpooo&hd=1

but god drat, I didn't think it'd ever happen, in any form. And now you can have Megalovania as your stage music. What a weird game.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I recently rediscovered Salty Bet and forgot how much stupid mindless fun it is. My account from 2013 is still active, too!

Captain Invictus posted:

the mad lad Sakurai actually put Sans from motherfucking Undertale in Smash Ultimate.

It's a Mii Gunner outfit, but I figure Sans was too lazy to show up himself so he had someone else dress up in crocs, a hoodie and a skull head and go as him instead

and toby fox made a new rendition of Megalovania, which is included in the DLC, and it's really, really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BTrspwpooo&hd=1

but god drat, I didn't think it'd ever happen, in any form. And now you can have Megalovania as your stage music. What a weird game.

I saw this and the Terry announcement last night and I'm just floored. Sakurai is great, Smash is great, video games are great.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I anonymously bought a Starbucks gift card for a homeless person a few days ago and today the employee told me he was in today drinking his coffee with a huge smile on his face.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My girlfriend gave me a foot rub.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I bought a nice bike after not cycling for 4 years or so. Put 17 km on it this morning and feel great. My fitness is no where near where it used to be but it feels great to get out and be active again.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Helped organize a protest and it went smoothly and all our people were safe and I got to march with a grizzled old punk who also speaks German like me

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't own a Switch so I'll probably never get to play it, but I was so stoked to see that he did the soundtrack for that new Gamefreak game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
From Tuesday, Sept. 10, through Thursday Sept. 19, the numbers will be in the same order whether you start at the front or at the back.

9-10-19 (91019)

9-11-19 (91119)

9-12-19 (91219)

9-13-19 (91319)

9-14-19 (91419)

9-15-19 (91519)

9-16-19 (91619)

9-17-19 (91719)

9-18-19 (91819)

9-19-19 (91919)

Weird math stuff like this makes my fuckin day. I am unreasonably excited for Palindrome week-and-a-half

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That's only gonna work with the american date order, though it is cute.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Booked flights to go back to Tokyo with my husband!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Went to traffic court this morning. I was facing a charge of driving while license/registration suspended, but I was able to prove this was false and got the ticket dismissed. :toot: I was expecting to put in a "not guilty" plea and come back another day, but the judge just threw it out after he saw my license has been in good standing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
so this happened last week

Captain Invictus posted:

So, I came to the dental surgeon with my mom for them to check out an abnormality on her gums. She sits in the chair, he tells her to say ahh, and is just like "well, that's mouth cancer". Carcinoma or something. gently caress. gently caress!

I hate everything.

Edit: they still have to do a biopsy and all that. But he was just like "in 20 years of doing this, that's what that looks like, and everything else similar is also not great, siphilis, tuberculosis, etc", so, gently caress. It could also be an infection, but it's not real likely, this is two separate professionals suggesting it's cancer. Very treatable cancer, apparently, but any cancer is bad.
and we just got a phone call, all the tests were negative. the doctor was wrong. it's not cancer. it's precancerous and infected(which was causing the growth to look especially funky), they still need to remove the growth, but it has not yet crossed that threshold to "full blown cancer". this also means they just remove the growth, and not a centimeter of surrounding tissue and jawbone, which is also excellent.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Invictus posted:

so this happened last week

and we just got a phone call, all the tests were negative. the doctor was wrong. it's not cancer. it's precancerous and infected(which was causing the growth to look especially funky), they still need to remove the growth, but it has not yet crossed that threshold to "full blown cancer". this also means they just remove the growth, and not a centimeter of surrounding tissue and jawbone, which is also excellent.

Thank god!!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Wonderful news! You must all be so relieved.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. Still needs surgery, but...well, it's not cancer, and that's all that matters.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That's pretty much the best possible outcome! (barring the 'bit of ham' scenario of course)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mild awesome but my Uber driver picked me up blasting 1000 Homo DJ's Supernaut. Totally made my day. I'm gonna buy him a beer at the PWEI show on Thursday if we see each other.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah. Still needs surgery, but...well, it's not cancer, and that's all that matters.

Thank goodness. I'm glad it turned out to be relatively benign.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My daughter really sang for the first time today!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ that's awesome!

I was in and out of the dmv in less than 15 minutes today. The stars aligned, the gods were with me my every move. I will never be this lucky again.

And I got a new job that pays twice what my old one did, for way less work!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Over the past few days I’ve felt pretty darn proud about my writing, particularly some new pieces I’ve put out of late. It feels good to feel good about my own creative endeavors.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The end wall of our garden developed a huge, possibly old wall-topplingly huge, overhanging growth of ivy and I was dreading having to deal with it because getting access to the base of the stems looked like being a serious pain in the rear end - it's behind a workshop which is surrounded by thick shrubbery laced with brambles.

But I went down there this morning with gloves and a loppers and it was actually quite easy! The overhang of the workshop roof kept the sides pretty clear of growth so I was done in about half an hour. The mass on top of the wall should die off soon and become much lighter, and we can pull it down and drag it away then. The main stem was a whopper though - about 12-14 inch circumference.

Those brambles though, they are going to be a nightmare to deal with - but that's a fight for another day (and for someone else!)

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
My wife brought my baby daughter and a picnic lunch to me at my office which we enjoyed in the adjacent park, and it was a warm sunny day.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mindless posted:

My wife brought my baby daughter and a picnic lunch to me at my office which we enjoyed in the adjacent park, and it was a warm sunny day.

:3::3::3:

I bought an electric guitar and it's shipped today!

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?
My friend sold and just shipped me her mountain bike! It means I can get OUT of this city and into the woods and find some peace. I am so excited.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

me and some friends are planning a trip to vegas in the spring and not only did one of our friends do like, literally all the planning for it, she sent us a little google docs spreadsheet of which hotels she thinks would be best and highlighted the highest rated ones

i'm sobbing, she's such a nerd, i love her so much

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve been on and off trying to learn the piano for about a year now, less lately because of out of town work trips and stress.

I was walking down the street tonight in a town two time zones away and there was a piano art piece outside a museum with a sign saying “play me!”

I decided to sit down and play for a couple minutes and some people stopped to watch. When I was done an old lady walked up and said “it was so nice to hear you play.”

Now I’m excited to get home and open the music books back up.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i thought my love kitty was a goner, he came back today and is alive and presumed well at the vets tonight

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My gf has been sick so I drove her to the dr. and then to CVS to get her prescriptions and while we were there figured out that they have peanut/tree nut and gluten free granola bars. She got all excited because she's never had a granola bar so I bought the four flavors they had and it was crazy awesome how happy she was :3:

She is both super allergic to any kind of nuts and also has celiac, so it was a big day.

I tried them and they were surprisingly pretty good

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm going to finally have stable income again, and only a month after leaving my last job, so I won't need to spend my severance pay on bills. The agency I'm with have got me a temp-to-perm position at a warehouse that doesn't sound too bad, and that will last for the forseeable future or until I find something better paying. After a while they may even train me on the machines, so it would get interesting if that happens.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I finally put my foot down and said I wouldn't be working 10+ hours a day at work anymore, that I'd be coming in at a more reasonable time since I have other obligations outside of work and that place isn't my whole life. My boss was cool with it, and all is well.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Speaking of stable incomes, mine became stable enough for a car loan so I am now the proud owner of a brand new car.

I know someone will say it's crap but I bought a Honda Civic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Working through the process of refinancing and merging the mortgage and equity line of credit(long, hosed up story from the past caused that situation) into a single payment, and might be able to get nearly 700 bucks a month less on the payments as well as a further 1% reduction on the interest rate. Suffice to say, I'm pretty loving stoked since that's basically a paycheck a month that I'll be "recovering" once it goes through. Only thing is an appraiser has to come and take photos of every room in the house I guess, and not really comfortable/looking forward to that, but whatever.

That combined with mom finally about to qualify for medicare, and if it's what I think it will be, the highest form of it that she'll be definitely getting will be about ~200 a month. versus the nearly 1200 a month it currently is for coverage + meds.

And in another ~2 years, I'll jump up from 20 an hour to 33 an hour, so I'll be in excellent shape financially. Looking forward to it. Sucks right now, but now that I've sat down and set up a situation with my boss where I come in at a set minimum time every day rather than whenever the building manager decides the start time is, I'm no longer working 10-12 hours a day average, now down to about ~9-9.5 a day. That extra half hour to 45 minutes I get each day has really helped a shitload in providing a bit of extra time to get things done each day, or get a little extra sleep before having to go back into work, and my mood and rest state has improved dramatically the last couple weeks because of it. Since once I hit about 700 bucks a week I reach some tax threshold that starts vacuuming up money from any overtime I get, it's not even that big an issue that I'm getting less overtime since I was getting about 12 bucks take home pay from each hour of OT.

basically, in the next eight months, my household will be net positive for the first time in decades. And in two years, I'll be able to sock away quite a bit of money each month or put it towards long-awaited projects and fixes. I'm pretty fuckin' excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Intoluene posted:

Speaking of stable incomes, mine became stable enough for a car loan so I am now the proud owner of a brand new car.

I know someone will say it's crap but I bought a Honda Civic.
That's a good car! And reliable, too, so you won't be paying through the nose on repairs. Congratulations!