Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I found a restaurant that has an entire plant based menu. I ate a beyond meat sloppy joe and it was very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

Please list all the cultures you think are dumb.

Football fandom for starters

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

The idea that people are genetically predisposed to stupidity is a really scary one and leads to bizarre eugenics concepts. Don't spread this around.

Welp, guess I'm gonna die on this hill with a cop.

Can we at least recreate Hot Fuzz dude?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

is it on the front of the shoulder or on the side?

If you cut a line down from my deltoid to my ring finger, the pain is slightly towards my front than my back. Looking at diagrams, The pain seems to In the deltoid itself, because the sharp pain is further out from shoulder joint than I first thought. If we are looking at a standing human straight on face to face, the pain kind of starts at bottom of the delt then goes 2/3s the way up.

That seems too far out to be a rotator cuff issue, right?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Ehud posted:

I found a restaurant that has an entire plant based menu. I ate a beyond meat sloppy joe and it was very good!

I just ate here for lunch: https://hipcityveg.com/

It's real good.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

Heck yeah

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
A report just came out that clearly shows how the NRA acted as foreign asset for Russia leading up to the 2016 election

surprising no one, of course. Would be great if they could lose tax exempt status for, you know, betraying their country and acting as agents for a foreign power

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

C-Euro posted:

Football fandom for starters

You didn't start with rape culture, so clearly your Lions fan nurture outweighed your *whatever* nature.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

lol

I’m imagining somebody actually being influenced by my TFF shitposting

I think it vaguely works because you see someone post something and know they're a complete loving moron and you agree with what they said, so re-evaluate your beliefs.

Like I know tons of former libertarians / liberals who realized how loving wrong they were thanks to D&D posters they agreed with.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Once again ‘ole Jizzy was correct well before his time. Plants are the food, animals are the gifs. Glad to see you folks living healthier lives.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

Welp, guess I'm gonna die on this hill with a cop.

Can we at least recreate Hot Fuzz dude?

Just as long as you're Officer Angel and I get to be the fat, goofy stoner.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I just ate here for lunch: https://hipcityveg.com/

It's real good.

That place looks awesome.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I get a lot of vegetarian Asian (Indian, Thai, Chinese, etc.) food, because a lot of that food is originally vegetarian and it's so flavorful that you couldn't possibly notice there not being meat in it. I don't usually get those pretend sandwiches, I kind of disagree with the concept that plants should be made to look like meat, although I do like the fake sausage\

My favorite veggie patties are out and proud veggie patties. They're not pretending to be anything

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Play posted:

I get a lot of vegetarian Asian (Indian, Thai, Chinese, etc.) food, because a lot of that food is originally vegetarian and it's so flavorful that you couldn't possibly notice there not being meat in it. I don't usually get those pretend sandwiches, I kind of disagree with the concept that plants should be made to look like meat, although I do like the fake sausage\

My favorite veggie patties are out and proud veggie patties. They're not pretending to be anything

I don’t do the faux meat often. Every so often I’ll get a meat craving though and it’s nice for those times.

The other day I was thinking about sloppy joes. So when I saw that on the menu I had to do it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Play posted:

Same. I was vegan for a long time and I still eat vegetarian a lot. Some plant based meat substitutes are ok (I think I've mentioned in the thread that I actually prefer the morningstar breakfast sausage patties to real sausage) but generally I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather just get tofu instead of some fake meat most of the time. But sometimes I just want something burger-like, even if it doesn't necessarily taste like one.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Theres this vegan barbecue by me called Homegrown. I've gone a few times now and it's always been aggressively mediocre. On the plus side a Vegan quesdilla I found is good as hell.

Kalli posted:

She has a fascinatingly depressing story. She gave up her hopes and dreams to marry... that, ends up trying to suicide in the middle of a highway before a cop stumbles onto her, then has just spent the last decade+ medicating herself into a stupor.

Wasn't her life's ambition to be an evil as poo poo banking executive? If so I ain't too bothered.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
At Costco, just grabbed an Instapot. Recipes please!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1177083608885952512?s=19

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

america was founded by religious extremists
it's not that we're stupid, we're just intellectually lazy idealogues willing to starve to death in the wilderness rather than ever admit someone else might be right

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
There are lots of stupid people in every country. India just re-elected their right wing nationalist dumbass a few months ago, and the youth vote was in favor of him which is quite scary

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

Deal man. Now I just need to lose... many... pounds.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

it's not that we're stupid, we're just intellectually lazy idealogues willing to starve to death in the wilderness rather than ever admit someone else might be right

And yet a vast majority of the current inhabitants are descended from immigrants who were forced to come here by slavery or immigrated out of hope of a better life and to escape the troubles of their home country. Nice to see you're lazily lumping in black, Hispanic, irish, german, and italian immigrants with the incredibly small percentage of actual british descendants in this country.

Almost like you're being intellectually lazy or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

There are lots of stupid people in every country. India just re-elected their right wing nationalist dumbass a few months ago, and the youth vote was in favor of him which is quite scary

Brazil is probably the worst case. "We'll elect a fascist, but at least hes not corrupt!"

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Chichevache posted:

And yet a vast majority of the current inhabitants are descended from immigrants who were forced to come here by slavery or immigrated out of hope of a better life and to escape the troubles of their home country. Nice to see you're lazily lumping in black, Hispanic, irish, german, and italian immigrants with the incredibly small percentage of actual british descendants in this country.

I'm not disagreeing with any actual content, just want to note how funny and ironic it is to use the same adjective in two sentences when saying someone else is being lazy in their argument.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chichevache posted:

For gently caress's sake, I was joking

Christ, someone already referenced Idiocracy, you really think I'm promoting an argument that a few thousand puritans coming here 400 years ago is still the dominant and prevailing cultural influence?

I'm making fun of the silly lionization of those wonderful pilgrims that we are all hit with in 2nd grade or whatever. Boy those brave, clean, reverent founders who were generous and sharing with the native americans sure were great! Let's all make turkeys by tracing our hands on construction paper.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

Christ, someone already referenced Idiocracy, you really think I'm promoting an argument that a few thousand puritans coming here 400 years ago is still the dominant and prevailing cultural influence?

I'm making fun of the silly lionization of those wonderful pilgrims that we are all hit with in 2nd grade or whatever. Boy those brave, clean, reverent founders who were generous and sharing with the native americans sure were great! Let's all make turkeys by tracing our hands on construction paper.

I'm pretty sure Chich is just trolling most of the time these days

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Like if you actually want to try to understand what the gently caress is wrong with americans, especially politically, you gotta take a bunch of deep dives into the lingering national psychological influences of slavery, vietnam, the cold war, the industrial revolution, manifest destiny, immigration, the red scare... poo poo, I could write a 2000 word essay on how coca-cola's creation of the red-and-white-clothed Santa Claus profoundly influenced american consumerist culture. There's countless rabbit holes to go down and you could spend a lifetime studying this poo poo and still not get close to really understanding it. Norman Rockwell has more relevance to 2019 politics than the goddamn puritans. We are who we are because of unions and the national highway project and cable news networks and rock & roll and mcdonalds and starbucks. The sears roebuck catalog and what it did to an entire generation in the 1950s and 60s. The assassination of JFK, the 2nd amendment, the electoral college, the marlboro man.

Americans are hosed up because of the completely unique and dumfoundingly complicated accumulation of cultural and historical influences of four centuries, not one specific stereotype about the puritans, yeesh.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 27, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

My apologies. I didn't realize they'd included a sense of humor in your last update.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I'm not disagreeing with any actual content, just want to note how funny and ironic it is to use the same adjective in two sentences when saying someone else is being lazy in their argument.

I saw that, but then I didn't feel.... motivated enough to change it. drat cellphone typing.

Ehud posted:

I'm pretty sure Chich is just trolling most of the time these days

Believe it or not, I actually feel strongly about categorizing entire countries as idiots just because Donald Trump or Adolf Hitler is in charge of them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Instead of writing an essay, just link to the definitive treatise on the subject of the pilgrims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGbxUAM0cc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Double post!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Believe it or not, I actually feel strongly about categorizing entire countries as idiots just because Donald Trump or Adolf Hitler is in charge of them.

Donald Trump is our representative to the world.

We are idiots.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Instead of writing an essay, just link to the definitive treatise on the subject of the pilgrims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGbxUAM0cc

I like that guy as Janosz in ghostbusters 2

HE IS VIGO! YOU ARE LIKE THE BUZZING OF FLIES TO HIM!

I wish that movie was better overall. It has a few things I really like. When I was a kid this scene freaked me out a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb6tz6ohprw

I always wished I could see what was going on inside the ghost train.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ehud posted:

I always wished I could see what was going on inside the ghost train.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUHsLZ5t5w8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

me walking through that train:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chichevache posted:

I love the callback to Angel not getting beer in End Of The World where their roles are reversed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Oh man, that is adorable. My daughter has the same dog/guitar toy. :3:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Leperflesh posted:

I think there’s something kind of admirable about that though- being willing to go down with the ship, in the ideological sense.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If you are a dumbass

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

the next dem debate is going to be 1 night, 12 people

I skimmed over this earlier thinking it was a joke.

It is frankly amazing how stupid they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
So I put in my notice Monday and told my boss yesterday my official last day is the 11th to help tie up some loose ends. Feels nice to get away from a place that has a bad environment and people that will stab people in the back constantly.