Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Just have Eckstein do it.

She's kind of adorable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgU-Omwr5I&t=318s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Casting for Sabine and Ahsoka always just comes down to when it’s set. Rosario is about the perfect age for the Ezra mission. Ming na doesn’t really work unless it’s about 25 years after that. Need to find a late 20ish actress as Sabine to pair her with.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Teek posted:

Casting for Sabine and Ahsoka always just comes down to when it’s set. Rosario is about the perfect age for the Ezra mission. Ming na doesn’t really work unless it’s about 25 years after that. Need to find a late 20ish actress as Sabine to pair her with.

Chloe Bennett is available.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

+1 Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka, obvs. :haw:

Moon Slayer posted:

Do we know for sure that Ming-na Wen isn't playing an adult Sabine?

The Star Wars Explained folk think maybe she could be Ursa Wren.

Teek posted:

Ming na doesn’t really work unless it’s about 25 years after that. Need to find a late 20ish actress as Sabine to pair her with.

Lana Condor!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gervasius posted:

Just keep the two of them as a team for all time please.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I love Rosario Dawson, why is she so interested in Ahsoka? She doesn't strike me as particularly ahsoka-ish but I'd dig it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

Lana Condor!

Sold, next order of business?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

teagone posted:

So I read Filoni is apparently really well-liked by Kathleen Kennedy, and he's being groomed to be the new 'Lucas' type creative lead for Disney-brand Star Wars moving forward. No idea how true that is since it was just from some random blurb in the comments section on io9.

They were both protègès of Lucas long before the disney buyout. Filoni on the creative side, Kathleen on the producing and business side.

Filoni had control of the clone wars and spent hours in talks with lucas on how star wars worked at skywalker ranch.

He has now ran two shows, oversaw resistance as head of animation and is now a live action director in two episodes of the mandolorian.

They'll give him another few episodes of live action star wars shows (mandolorian S2&3, Cassian Andor show and Obi Wan show) then probably give him a movie to direct with say, Ron Howard or Gareth Evans as co-director to help him out in 3 years.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

drunkill posted:

They were both protègès of Lucas long before the disney buyout. Filoni on the creative side, Kathleen on the producing and business side.

Filoni had control of the clone wars and spent hours in talks with lucas on how star wars worked at skywalker ranch.

He has now ran two shows, oversaw resistance as head of animation and is now a live action director in two episodes of the mandolorian.

They'll give him another few episodes of live action star wars shows (mandolorian S2&3, Cassian Andor show and Obi Wan show) then probably give him a movie to direct with say, Ron Howard or Gareth Evans as co-director to help him out in 3 years.

Maybe Filoni's status as total creative overseer for live-action Star Wars depends on how well-received The Mandalorian is. Either way, more Filoni is good, because that also means more force sensitive space wolves! And Ahsoka :allears:

Jerkface posted:

I love Rosario Dawson, why is she so interested in Ahsoka? She doesn't strike me as particularly ahsoka-ish but I'd dig it.

It started on Twitter. Someone mentioned that she could be Ashoka in live-action and she sprung to the tweet with all the hashtags lol. The original tweet has since been deleted, but Dawson's response is still up:
https://twitter.com/rosariodawson/status/828802110888120320
I'm guessing she's a fan of the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the new episodes of The Chef Show is Fav and Filoni are cooking at Skywalker Ranch

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

Maybe Filoni's status as total creative overseer for live-action Star Wars depends on how well-received The Mandalorian is. Either way, more Filoni is good, because that also means more force sensitive space wolves! And Ahsoka :allears:

It started on Twitter. Someone mentioned that she could be Ashoka in live-action and she sprung to the tweet with all the hashtags lol. The original tweet has since been deleted, but Dawson's response is still up:
https://twitter.com/rosariodawson/status/828802110888120320
I'm guessing she's a fan of the show.

On one level it would cool, but on another I'd just as soon have Ashley Eckstein do the physical role since she's been the voice of the character from the beginning;.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sabine and Ezra's actors look like their characters, so it'd be cool if they could cameo in live-action in some form

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Have they said anything about what the show will be about? Maybe it'll be direct off the end of rebels

Star Wars Rebels 2: The search for Bridger

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Gervasius posted:

Imagine that long action shot from season 2 of AoS but it's Sabine blasting stormtroopers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Azhais posted:

Have they said anything about what the show will be about? Maybe it'll be direct off the end of rebels

I’m not even sure it exists in any form outside Dave’s head yet. If they’ve started any kind of preproduction for it they’re being extremely secretive. No news via leaks either. It’s the kind of thing I wouldn’t expect him to really start working on until next year. Maybe an announcement and some concept art at Celebration 2020, tops.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect any announcement or discussion of the next animated show, whatever it may be, until after Resistance has ended. And probably after the Resistance S2 Blu-rays (excuse me: DVDs!) have been released.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I assume the next sw animated series will premiere next fall or spring and is already in production. We will get resistance season 2 -> clone wars final season -> unknown animated project

It may be sooner even as resistance will close out this year, and clone wars will fill spring.

I would expect an announcement in spring followed by full reveal at celebration 2020 in 1 year and premiere in sept or oct.

all speculation by me based on what filoni has said about working on multiple animation projects around the time of resistance s1 and that resistance seasons apparently took a year+ to produce

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Jerkface posted:

I assume the next sw animated series will premiere next fall or spring and is already in production. We will get resistance season 2 -> clone wars final season -> unknown animated project

It may be sooner even as resistance will close out this year, and clone wars will fill spring.

I would expect an announcement in spring followed by full reveal at celebration 2020 in 1 year and premiere in sept or oct.

all speculation by me based on what filoni has said about working on multiple animation projects around the time of resistance s1 and that resistance seasons apparently took a year+ to produce

Whatever Dave does next is going to have to fit into the Disney+ schedule and with Resistance, TCW, the various D+ original movies, and all the Marvel miniseries filling in next year, I can’t see his next project airing in 2020 without being overshadowed by something else.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

It's been pretty much confirmed that The Mandalorian and Clone Wars have been what Filoni has been working on, so I wouldn't expect anything new beyond that for a while.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1173222157213523968

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Mandalorian takes place around the same time Ahsoka and Sabine go on their quest to find Ezra. It probably won't happen, but if The Mandalorian introduces a minor story arc that involves Ahsoka and Sabine it will automatically become the greatest show ever for me.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

If that gets me "The Adventures of Thrawn and Ezra in Space Whale Space" I am totally there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Tomtrek posted:

It's been pretty much confirmed that The Mandalorian and Clone Wars have been what Filoni has been working on, so I wouldn't expect anything new beyond that for a while.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1173222157213523968

Pablos not going to spill the beans on unannounced star wars poo poo on twitter, id take that with a grain of salt. But it could also be very true, Filoni is getting live action director experience with the mandalorian. and they are almost set or are set to film season 2.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Necrotizer F posted:

If that gets me "The Adventures of Thrawn and Ezra in Space Whale Space" I am totally there.

Stranded on a planet struggling to survive filmed in the "Odd Couple" style

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Azhais posted:

Rebels already did an Enemy Mine-inspired episode with Zeb and Kallus.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

Thrawn did seem to be a bit of a Felix, didn't he?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

teagone posted:

Rebels already did an Enemy Mine-inspired episode with Zeb and Kallus.

Neither of them got pregnant tho

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It'd probably be pretty easy to find some fanfic that seeks to remedy that.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Pablos not going to spill the beans on unannounced star wars poo poo on twitter, id take that with a grain of salt. But it could also be very true, Filoni is getting live action director experience with the mandalorian. and they are almost set or are set to film season 2.

From everything said and seen, he's been pretty much de facto co-showrunner on it. He played a big part in season 1, if only as a side effect of Favreau still doing a ton of work on Lion King.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Azhais posted:

Neither of them got pregnant tho

They stole an alien egg together, so it's kind of like getting pregnant.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

This is interesting, it looks like the Rebels season 2 opener got changed for Disney+. Sam Witwer's Palpatine voice has been replaced by a new recording of Ian McDiarmid.

https://twitter.com/Rebels_TK421/status/1177632059893964805

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tomtrek posted:

This is interesting, it looks like the Rebels season 2 opener got changed for Disney+. Sam Witwer's Palpatine voice has been replaced by a new recording of Ian McDiarmid.

https://twitter.com/Rebels_TK421/status/1177632059893964805

I am OK with this, and I bet Crashdown is too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a comparison video. Not that there's any way Witwer is better, but it would be cool to hear how close he comes to nailing the genuine article.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjigBxuXpww

You know with this, I kind of hope they go back and redo the last couple seasons of Clone Wars, since the Palpatine/Sidious stuff was pretty weak after Abercrombie died. No slight to Tim Curry, but he couldn't really bring it like the Ians could.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 27, 2019

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1177697219027193856

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
something something forced diversity something something sjw agenda

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The writer of Drive doing an Obi-Wan series....

:hmmyes:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Has she directed anything else? Kinda surprised the article doesn't have a known for or something.

Or is this the first thing she's directed after mostly being a writer/producer?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Azhais posted:

Has she directed anything else? Kinda surprised the article doesn't have a known for or something.

From the AV Club article:

quote:

her credits since 2015 include directing episodes of Mr. Robot, Jessica Jones, Better Call Saul, American Gods, Snowfall, and more,

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pretty solid list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

She's also done 1 or more episodes of the Mandalorian