Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

There was: during the timeline of Reconciliation's founding, they mention that someone raised ethical concerns about all the genocide. So the compromise was that the project would automatically shut down and everyone deleted if the hivemind ever exceeded some threshold of aggression. Adding Beacon to the hivemind triggered that failsafe because he's just that angry.

Ah OK, so Beacon coming into contact with the central hub caused it to absorb Beacon. It kind of sounded like that's what happened but I wasn't sure if there was any basis for them combining other than "science magic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I'm still not really sure 1. where/how Beacon originated and 2. how it wound up on Earth (did Minerva portal it in through Leo's brain like she did with herself later on?) I guess it doesn't matter but I'd been sort of expecting those questions to be answered in the finale.

PS, it wasn't until one of these very last episodes that I was actually able to correctly picture how Beacon coiled up. I had been imagining a broadsword with the blade rolled up like a Fruit by the Foot, but then Justin said it was based on an urumi and suddenly it all made way more sense. (It seems like Beacon can become rigid like a regular sword though?)

PPS urumis are badass and I can't believe I'd never heard of them before this.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Munch Squad was bad this week.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It has been for a while. The ones that are like "The food isn't that weird but check out this mildly quirky and copy" can never hold my attention.

One of my favorite Munch squads was from the terrible Atlanta show they never published though. Tim Hortons Sriracha flavored coffee

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

IT'S IN THE TWILIGHT YEARS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

munch squad should be the one that's treated like sad libs, not riddle me piss

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The 7th Guest posted:

munch squad should be the one that's treated like sad libs, not riddle me piss

Travis should start interrupting Munch Squads with Riddle Me Piss.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I always groan now when I hear justin start introing it but munch squad somehow is consistently one of the parts of the show I am most entertained by

in conclusion much squad is a podcast within a podcast of contrasts

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The only part of munch squad I really enjoy anymore is the intro

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

We already hit peak intro too

https://twitter.com/Worthikids/status/1069342524387414016?s=20

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Ren Faire munch squad was pretty good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pretty soon we'll have That's A Christmas To Me back and that's fun

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Asema posted:

I'm going to the mbmbam show tomorrow in Pittsburgh and I'm pretty darn excited about it.
Shame it sold out so fast so I'll miss it, that venue is pretty cool too and classy

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

the most recent munch squads were boring. KFC sells doughnuts now. ok. great.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I feel like Munch Squad should be saved for “Garfield Eats” level nonsense rather than just pretty average “let’s try to be weird for attention” marketing stuff. While I’m sure the fact that it’s being overdone is meant to be a big part of the joke, it’s not a very good joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SJWMEGATRON/status/1177065075951177729

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

travis is alvin

i dunno who justin is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Justin is Theodore and Griffin is Simon

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Griffin (A), Justin (T), Travis (S).

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Also does anybody else have the same emotional reaction to Sprite and 7-Up that Travis was describing?

Just the smell of it takes me back to laying in bed with achey joints. I'd reach up and have a drink of flat, hours-old 7-Up, realize my throat still hurt a lot, and then go back to sleep

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

I’m sorry but I feel like this should be a MUCH bigger deal. I’m still freaking out about it at least.

Anyone who enjoyed TAZ Balance at all should be 1000% on board with this. The boys return to DnD 5e with one of the best DMs in the game right now, high production minis and sets, high production value, plus THB plus Griffin getting to play around in fantasy Honey I Shrunk the Kids world??? January can NOT get here soon enough.

There’s a quick screenshot of the 6 characters near the end of this trailer. (I’d grab it but I’m on mobile) Anybody have any guesses as to who’s playing whom?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

timp posted:

There’s a quick screenshot of the 6 characters near the end of this trailer. (I’d grab it but I’m on mobile) Anybody have any guesses as to who’s playing whom?

I got you.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Griffin as the kung-fu monk version of himself
Justin as the lego monopoly man
Clint as the big robot
Travis as the punk pixie

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

I’m sorry but I feel like this should be a MUCH bigger deal. I’m still freaking out about it at least.

Anyone who enjoyed TAZ Balance at all should be 1000% on board with this. The boys return to DnD 5e with one of the best DMs in the game right now, high production minis and sets, high production value, plus THB plus Griffin getting to play around in fantasy Honey I Shrunk the Kids world??? January can NOT get here soon enough.

yeah it's gonna be great, brennan is maybe the best DM for improvisers/comedians there is right now and incredibly good at letting funny people be funny and/or cool.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clint is the fairy
Travis is the robot
Griffin is the goggles girl
Justin is the big bug

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

The finale was good. I always figured Beacon was an Urumi that also worked like Ivy's sword from Soul Calibur.

Edit: that had a face like the Frank Sinatra Singing Sword from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

Team_q fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 27, 2019

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

timp posted:

I don't know enough about Dimension 20 to know how excited I should be. Is this going to be a one-off thing or a series of videos?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Team_q posted:

Edit: that had a face like the Frank Sinatra Singing Sword from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that Beacon didn't have an entire face - just a mouth. Which is much worse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I couldn't not picture it as Rat Baby because Justin uses the same fuckin' voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2Y6ftxilM&t=516s

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

showbiz_liz posted:

I don't know enough about Dimension 20 to know how excited I should be. Is this going to be a one-off thing or a series of videos?

I'm guessing it will be like their Escape from the Bloodkeep series, so 6 episodes around 2 hours each.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I'm guessing it will be like their Escape from the Bloodkeep series, so 6 episodes around 2 hours each.

yeah I think they're doing these side-projects in like, a couple long days of shooting that can then be drawn out into several episodes (which, i assume, makes it less cost-prohibitive to fly in guests)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

justin is brittney and griffin is jeanette imo

or griffin might be dave seville actually, constantly exasperated at alvin(travis)'s antics

and clint is clyde crashcup

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 27, 2019

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Glad Amnesty is over. It just never really worked for me. I did enjoy the finale though, especially Duck’s. Justin is just so drat good at improv. I hope whatever they do next is a little lighter in tone and more fun.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I want TAZ: Growth set in Fairy Tale Mother Goose land and by holly, there better be a giant Beanstalk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

timp posted:

The boys return to DnD 5e with one of the best DMs in the game right now

auhuhauhwuhwuhahuahuhauhuhwuhuhauh

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
He is though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/efortmanteau/status/1177718327336153088
Finally know why my friend had that shrimp pillow for DSA convention

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do ya'll wanna see a picture of the boys eating a donut sandwich that makes it look like griffin's soul is leaving his body

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Asema posted:

I'm going to the mbmbam show tomorrow in Pittsburgh and I'm pretty darn excited about it.

Trip report?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I had a lot of fun! The group of people I went with started the day at everyday noodle for soup dumplings so we got to the venue a bit late but we got there in time for them telling people why Sawbones was cancelled for the night and then we got a really in loose timeline history listen in Shmanners.

I don't know if people want to go in with virgin ears for whenever they upload so I'm gonna spoil the next part??

The tour manager interrupted Haunted Doll Watch mid-justin's sentence with Munch Squad to where you can probably hear Justin point out to Griffin "This isn't me". They had bought 100 of that KFC Donut Sandwich and they all got to try it live on stage.

The non-audience questions were good, but there were 2/3 audience questions out of like the 6 they took that were good but the rest were just they had nothing to work with and it dragged on.