Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
This is like the French revolution.

Who's next for the guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Crasical posted:

There's still seven Servants that it's okay to like, though. No need to panic.

Ayyy seven servants is all you need

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Billzasilver posted:

Ayyy seven servants is all you need

It's four now.

Also, can the shield and mantle drop anywhere in the Halloween rerun or only in specific areas? I haven't had one drop yet for the weekly master mission.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Crasical posted:

Also, can the shield and mantle drop anywhere in the Halloween rerun or only in specific areas? I haven't had one drop yet for the weekly master mission.

Mantle from Gate, Snowfield and Cave.
Shield from Lava, Forest and Graveyard.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 27, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I ended up using my 4* ticket for Wu.

Which might have been okay until I remembered I have absolutely zero Assassin statues or monuments because I used all of mine for Melt. :smith:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Good thing this current event has Assassin Statues and Monuments

(unless you used all those too)

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

iPhone 11 running FGO initial impressions: Works just fine after a half-hour of casual farming, which I'm assuming is not long enough to cause the memory problems I heard about earlier. And it runs an order of magnitude better than on my iPhone 5. Granted, that's a pretty low bar, but I'm happy w/ it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Crasical posted:

There's still seven Servants that it's okay to like, though. No need to panic.

Arash committed environmental terrorism with Stella.

Enkidu's tale helps legitimize the sex trade, because it was only by shtupping a prostitute for seven nights that he became a man.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
One of the more common versions of Siegfried has him as a "wandering warrior" in his youth, which is to say he was a murderer for hire and a thief of opportunity. He also kills a dragon- arguably not good but we can set that aside- and bathes in its blood to gain invulnerability, and I think it's hard to argue that ritual mutilation and corpse desecration is anything but problematic. (Some other versions apparently have him taking the dragon's skin and melding it to his own instead, but the point is essentially the same.)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Mason Dixon posted:

iPhone 11 running FGO initial impressions: Works just fine after a half-hour of casual farming, which I'm assuming is not long enough to cause the memory problems I heard about earlier. And it runs an order of magnitude better than on my iPhone 5. Granted, that's a pretty low bar, but I'm happy w/ it.

I hear rumblings that iOS 13 might have fixed that issue.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, I thought that it was blindingly obvious that Arjuna Alter was totally busted the seconds his stats were released. He has

- Berserker class with 5* stats and EX Mad Enchantment
- 3 turn, 80% damage steroid, with prerequisites that are trivial to fulfill (his NP does so automatically)
- 3 turn Buster Crit Gather rate buff and NP charge
- 3 turn Guts and HoT
- AoE Buster NP that debuffs Buster resist for 3 turns before it does damage
- triple Buster deck

He is basically the perfection of damage dealing Servant.

The Hero who was given everything by the gods is, unsurprisingly, given everything in FGO.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In fairness it could be seen as making up for how underwhelming his OG self is.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mason Dixon posted:

It’s kind of odd, since I got the 11 Pro last week the app performance has seemed to improve. The slideshow seems to have mostly disappeared and it loads quite nicely now. I don’t recall there being an app update or an iOS update, so maybe it was an initial issue that goes away once the OS is settled in.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Threw 3 SQ in to the gacha last night, hoping for the last copy of Dangerous Beast I need to limit break it. I did not get it.

On a related note, welcome to Chaldea, Cleopatra. :toot:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Threw 3 SQ in to the gacha last night, hoping for the last copy of Dangerous Beast I need to limit break it. I did not get it.

On a related note, welcome to Chaldea, Cleopatra. :toot:

You thought it was a Dangerous Beast, but it was me, Cleo!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Just for the record the man we know as Kojiro was associated with the legend of Kojiro solely by virtue of achieving Aerial Ace. In life he was just a peasant farmer and nobody bothers taking a challenge from such a guy.

Part of the reason he was so eager to duel Seiba was that he'd never had a proper duel.

And the fact Kojiro literally has no motivation to his swordplay beyond swordplay itself baffles Seiba (who only took the sword to protect a kingdom) somewhat.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
What's the "end" point in the Halloween event for somebody who's still leveling up their first team? I played through the story and I'm up to the "royals only" set of bonus quests. Does anything extra get unlocked by doing these?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

The first three nodes (Graveyard, Town, Forest) gives Mana Prisms, the next four (Cavern, Snowfield, Lava Tubes, and Castle Gate) have extra copies of Eli to max out her NP with, and the final node (Pyramid) has a Lore. If you plan to use Saber Eli, this will be your last chance to max her NP level, and Lores are always worth it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, a handful of good materials and extra copies of Brave Eli. For a newer account, it’s definitely wRoth doing. You can limp by with Mash, George, and a friend Zerker of your choice.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The gimmick quests on the later nodes are how you get extra copies of Brave Liz so you can rank up her NP. If you're new it might be a little rough to get there due to the roster limits, but try and manage it if you can (with liberal use of overpowered friend supports and buff items) since this is the last shot at her.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I friended somebody with a Lv. 90 Cu Chulainn Alter in the berserker slot and he's basically been carrying me through these, since with one or two exceptions I only have one leveled servant per class.

Any: Mash
Saber: Mordred
Lancer: Cu Chulainn (the one with the non-Nasu artwork)
Archer: Emiya
Rider: Drake
Caster: Cu Chulainn
Assassin: Serenity
Zerker: Ibaraki

Still on America in the main story.

Is the event not going to get another replay next year?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's not. Events only get rerun once.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

More to the point, this is already a rerun of last year's event. This years' is coming around mid October.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Well, crap. I assume this means I need to farm up enough coins to buy all of her ascension mats too?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Seyser Koze posted:

Well, crap. I assume this means I need to farm up enough coins to buy all of her ascension mats too?

Yup.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Medusa and Medea are innocent :colbert:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dragon: slayed
fourth and final lore: obtained

please keep giving me cqs with dragon servants

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Seyser Koze posted:

I have a rider kintoki who’s forever stuck at 40 because I was busy and didn’t farm ascension mats. Get those mats if you can.

For any new players right now, I’d say your priorities are:

1) Get Ascension mats for Brave Liz.
2) Get extra copies of Brave Liz.
3) Strengthen your team enough so you can clear this year’s Halloween event and get Mecha-Eli-Chan.
4) Clear the main story up to Babylonia so you can participate in the story-locked Christmas event in a few months, pausing to strengthen your team as necessary.
5) Clear Solomon so you can jump right into the part 2 shenanigans starting New Years and don’t have to worry about getting spoiled.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

It's not. Events only get rerun once.

Which is a really baffling design choice, I don't think any other game like this does that.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
It's also stupid because stuff like the Prison Tower event is actually really story relevant and yet you can't do it anymore. I still need to look it up on Youtube

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

klapman posted:

It's also stupid because stuff like the Prison Tower event is actually really story relevant and yet you can't do it anymore. I still need to look it up on Youtube

You actually unlock the ability to rerun it again from the RP shop, after the point where they start giving out RPs for extra copies of welfares.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i question how relevant prison tower really is but maybe i'm forgetting something about it. dantes does keep showing up in the story but maybe his Lostbelt stuff is more impactful than EoR

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

i question how relevant prison tower really is but maybe i'm forgetting something about it. dantes does keep showing up in the story but maybe his Lostbelt stuff is more impactful than EoR

It's more impactful than most events since he shows up in the main story several times like it's a big reveal. No other event-introduced servant gets such a large role, nor are they treated like you're supposed to know who they are to the same extent as Dantes is.

If you missed Prison tower, Dantes first appearance in the main story is very much a "...who?" kind of moment.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So I'm pretty much done with the 'all Servants are problematic' goof, hopefully before or only slightly after it stopped being funny.

Real talk, though, can we cool it on policing what Servants people are allowed to like? It's fine to not like particular characters but people throwing out "It's good that the quests are bugged and people can't get extra NP levels for Brave Liz, because she sucks and I hate her" is kind of bumming me out. Same with the "FBI!" jabs anytime Chloe or Jack or Wu get brought up.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, when Dantes pops up in (are these spoilers? I guess we have newer folks) Solomon and Shinjuku~, it's presented as though he knows you and you should know him, and that you've got a bond together. A bond that's otherwise nonexistent unless you did Prison Tower. If you're like me, you're wondering why Komeada Fingersinhisass is fighting a Big Scary Baddy.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
A bigger deal would be like, SE.RA.PH. If you aren't around for it, it's just like "so uh what happened to that last demon pillar"?

Bogart posted:

Komeada Fingersinhisass

...What?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 27, 2019

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Cuntellectual posted:

Which is a really baffling design choice, I don't think any other game like this does that.

Nasu was quoted as saying something to the effect that he wanted events to be a one-time thing only, because things that happen in real life are ephemeral and can't be repeated, blah, blah, so it probably stems from that.

It's still dumb.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

It's more impactful than most events since he shows up in the main story several times like it's a big reveal. No other event-introduced servant gets such a large role, nor are they treated like you're supposed to know who they are to the same extent as Dantes is.

If you missed Prison tower, Dantes first appearance in the main story is very much a "...who?" kind of moment.

this is a fair enough point, especially given what they do with that Shinjuku appearance, which was even kinda confusing to me as someone who did the Tower rerun.

Bogart posted:

Yeah, when Dantes pops up in (are these spoilers? I guess we have newer folks) Solomon and Shinjuku~, it's presented as though he knows you and you should know him, and that you've got a bond together. A bond that's otherwise nonexistent unless you did Prison Tower. If you're like me, you're wondering why Komeada Fingersinhisass is fighting a Big Scary Baddy.

iirc his appearance in Solomon is part of the event servant catch-all scene, so it's just as much of a non-sequitur if you haven't done Saber Wars/KnK collab/so on. having started around Camelot and playing the event in real time it was a total whiff for me on all fronts. though dantes is probably the easiest to grasp having a very basic notion of the classes and his identity, which is only ever a secret in his own event.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It wasn’t really a secret in his own event, since the gacha was all “Get your 5* Edmond Dantes today!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

capitalism makes fools of us all

they definitely tried to give him some mystique in the event at least...