Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
JR being more of a sex pest on twitter than Jerry lawler is an underrated wrestling twitter storyline of 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Currently deleted:

https://twitter.com/wwerollins

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HA!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
what a fuckin loser

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Snoop Dogg's niece got to him so hard.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Imagine Colby lopez being the face of your company

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

Imagine Colby lopez being the face of your company
Imagine being one of the hottest acts in wrestling and as the company ruins everybody else, you manage to ruin yourself.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Can’t believe how dumb this guy is.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Probably the best move at the end of the day. Take the Juice Robinson route, you're clearly terrible at social media and it does nothing but make people like you less, so stop doing it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't usually like the term "mark for himself" because it feeds into this weird self-loathing culture of wrestling that tries to shame people for being ambitious and taking pride in their craft ... BUT

Seth is such a loving mark for himself

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

We're gonna have a world champion, great talent, and his gimmick is gonna be a guy who gets cyberbullied all the time.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

it's okay he's just changing his username to Colby Quin

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tyler Black was the worst ROH champion so the last few months of his self destruction have been cathartic for me

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Fat Lowtax posted:

We're gonna have a world champion, great talent, and his gimmick is gonna be a guy who gets cyberbullied all the time.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

NienNunb posted:

Tyler Black was the worst ROH champion so the last few months of his self destruction have been cathartic for me

wait til this guy finds out matt taven is the roh champ

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

Matt Taven is the only person to ever win world titles in both Arena México and Madison Square Garden.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah, as soon as people watch an episode of current ROH they'll see.... oh wait, I see the flaw in this plan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

LividLiquid posted:

Imagine being one of the hottest acts in wrestling and as the company ruins everybody else, you manage to ruin yourself.

Is Seth Rollins a hot act? Coz I'm pretty sure the ratings have not grown during his time on top.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Matt Taven is good actually. I’m the world’s biggest Kingdom stan

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Is Seth Rollins a hot act? Coz I'm pretty sure the ratings have not grown during his time on top.

there are like zero champions recently under whom ratings have gone up.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Matt Taven is good actually. I’m the world’s biggest Kingdom stan

didn't know matt taven had an SA account

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sleepwalkers posted:

there are like zero champions recently under whom ratings have gone up.

Well yeah, that's sort of what I'm getting at, there's not been a hot champion in the WWE for a while.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Ryback has taken his injury and release pretty well, but there's a real bitter darkness in the Big Guy.

How are we not discussing "HUGE farts"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYE6DuETUko

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:yeshaha:

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Did anyone get a screen shot?

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Never mind.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

forkboy84 posted:

Well yeah, that's sort of what I'm getting at, there's not been a hot champion in the WWE for a while.

Seth is a 'slow the bleeding,' champion, like a Bret or Shawn. At least thats always been my view. Things certainly seem modestly better under him than they did for a good while before.

I still hope Bray destroys him though.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

For as much as he's a dumb baby he's an infinitely better and more deserving champ than Lesnar.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Yes the boot licker who is a man child is a much better champion than the guy who stands up and makes a completely terrible billionaire pay him fair dollar to show up

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

forkboy84 posted:

Watch him jump off the balcony in the Shield vs. Evolution match in that brief half-year The Shield were faces and tell me he wasn't a huge star poised to be the biggest of the three.

Sanguinia posted:

Seth is a 'slow the bleeding,' champion, like a Bret or Shawn. At least thats always been my view. Things certainly seem modestly better under him than they did for a good while before.
Bret, Shawn, and Diesel presided over the near-death of the WWF, but this still feels different. All three of the former would go on to prove they were viable draws in a big bad way without WWE where Seth is proving that no matter how hard they push you, if you're a douchebag, the fans will take notice eventually.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

LividLiquid posted:

Watch him jump off the balcony in the Shield vs. Evolution match in that brief half-year The Shield were faces and tell me he wasn't a huge star poised to be the biggest of the three.

Bret, Shawn, and Diesel presided over the near-death of the WWF, but this still feels different. All three of the former would go on to prove they were viable draws in a big bad way without WWE where Seth is proving that no matter how hard they push you, if you're a douchebag, the fans will take notice eventually.

I agree and this will be my last post on it because it’s the wrong thread for it but remember when Seth came back from injury after his network recovery special, fans were crazy over it, then Vince made him heel and it died. Personally I think he would have ruined it anyways through social media showing who he really is like he has the past months

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Hellblazer187 posted:

For as much as he's a dumb baby he's an infinitely better and more deserving champ than Lesnar.

Lesnar routinely bilks Vince out of truckloads of money for doing absolutely gently caress all; and therefore Lesnar is logically, rationally, subjectively, and objectively, by all metrics, an infinitely better and more deserving champ than Seth Rollins

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i cant remember a bigger loser than seth rollins as champion?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hearing that Rollins deleted his twitter account because of an incident where employees at his coffee shop were severely harassed by Sasha Banks "stans" from there, and there had been much worse threats made than that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Lesnar routinely bilks Vince out of truckloads of money for doing absolutely gently caress all; and therefore Lesnar is logically, rationally, subjectively, and objectively, by all metrics, an infinitely better and more deserving champ than Seth Rollins

brock is also a bad person so him costing vince millions of dollars isn't exactly a cause to celebrate him. it's money going from a scumbag to a less socially influential scumbag. so like, lesser of two evils i guess, but it still ain't great.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

I agree and this will be my last post on it because it’s the wrong thread for it but remember when Seth came back from injury after his network recovery special, fans were crazy over it, then Vince made him heel and it died. Personally I think he would have ruined it anyways through social media showing who he really is like he has the past months

My favorite Seth Rollins booking decision was feuding with Triple H because he cheated to help Kevin Owens instead of him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

TriffTshngo posted:

brock is also a bad person so him costing vince millions of dollars isn't exactly a cause to celebrate him. it's money going from a scumbag to a less socially influential scumbag. so like, lesser of two evils i guess, but it still ain't great.

Unless Brock has also dated a Nazi, I'd say he's still got Seth Rollins beat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

look, i don't generally post my bad people hierarchy list, because it's received a lot of criticism for being pointless. but dating a nazi is actually 2 points less bad than hating gay people. being the nazi yourself is 2 points worse, unless you are a nazi who is accepting of lgbt people, then you are even with the homophobe, as being "very bad." and please, when i say "nazi who is accepting of lgbt people" i am still talking about literal nazis, not some kind of "nazi" type that i made up and am calling them nazis because of something else they're doing rather than being nazis. that nazi i am referring to would still be racist among other things. non-homophobic nazis may not exist. i don't actually know. but that is beside the point because the hierarchy is theoretical. please clear up any issues you may have with my list respectfully

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 28, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

look, i don't generally post my bad people hierarchy list, because it's received a lot of criticism for being pointless. but dating a nazi is actually 2 points less bad than hating gay people. being the nazi yourself is 2 points worse, unless you are a nazi who is accepting of lgbt people, then you are even with the homophobe, as being "very bad." and please, when i say "nazi who is accepting of lgbt people" i am still talking about literal nazis, not some kind of "nazi" type that i made up and am calling them nazis because of something else they're doing rather than being nazis. that nazi i am referring to would still be racist among other things. non-homophobic nazis may not exist. i don't actually know. but that is beside the point because the hierarchy is theoretical. please clear up any issues you may have with my list respectfully

Boy, The Good Place is getting really meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I'll just do what I usually do, and assume most wrestlers are probably bad people in one way or another, until proven otherwise