Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Hey we only talked about killing that guy and made detailed plans about doing it, and threatened him. But we didn't. No crime!

crime dog edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Was that particular rep a never Trumper?

Here's some background on him by a local reporter - click through for the thread. He seems more gutless than anything else.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1177696329218306048

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Was that particular rep a never Trumper?

I can't find any reference to him being a never Trumper, by all accounts he looks to be a rank and file Republican from a fairly red district.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pakled posted:

How on Earth did Rudy Giuliani go from America's premiere establishment Republican in 2008 to whatever the hell he is today

If we're talking about the past decade, genuine and actual mental degredation stemming possibly from a brain injury. He wasn't in the best of shape even previously, but he took a fall some years back that doesn't really seem to have been treated or examined properly and ever since, he's become increasingly erratic.

If you can get past the schadenfreude, it's actually a bit sad and kind of another indictment of our health system and our attitudes toward health - here is a man who is very obviously not well and would benefit tremendously from supervision, and he's out there doing crimes because time and injury have basically robbed him of all impulse control but no one wants to acknowledge this or admit that he could be suffering from mental decline. So he just gets to self-destruct in public in embarrassing fashion.

(though jesus god there's so much schadenfreude involved which doesn't help him at all)

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Would this be a bribe instead of a quid pro quo? Accepting money in return for acting in the NRA's favor.

Quid pro quo would be a bribe in this context.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Would this be a bribe instead of a quid pro quo? Accepting money in return for acting in the NRA's favor.

Quid pro quo IS bribery. I give you something you want and in exchange you use your authority to give me something specific.

Edit: what they said

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1177710049050976257?s=20

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

SpaceDrake posted:

If we're talking about the past decade, genuine and actual mental degredation stemming possibly from a brain injury. He wasn't in the best of shape even previously, but he took a fall some years back that doesn't really seem to have been treated or examined properly and ever since, he's become increasingly erratic.

If you can get past the schadenfreude, it's actually a bit sad and kind of another indictment of our health system and our attitudes toward health - here is a man who is very obviously not well and would benefit tremendously from supervision, and he's out there doing crimes because time and injury have basically robbed him of all impulse control but no one wants to acknowledge this or admit that he could be suffering from mental decline. So he just gets to self-destruct in public in embarrassing fashion.

(though jesus god there's so much schadenfreude involved which doesn't help him at all)

Click my post history if you want to read more about rudy in between some occasional shitposts, but tldr is that no, it's not sad. Rudy is a huge piece of poo poo in his personal life even before everything and gently caress him he deserves every bad thing he brings upon himself.

For as much of a piece of poo poo narcissist as trump is, his family still talks to him. Rudy's entirely living family is estranged from him from all of his marriages, too

Rudy is probably a bigger narcissist than trump

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Also if you have to argue the semantics of quid-pro-quo vs. bribes, or constantly ask for clarifications.... maybe you should learn how to google and stop spouting talking points and disinformation that fascists are spouting right now. We see through your bullshit charade and ignorance.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Please keep going. Overwhelm the shields.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:frogsiren:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177710761155674113

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

SpaceDrake posted:

I have to think the number of times a day he finds himself looking at the bottom of a glass isn't helping either.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

holy poo poo

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Collapsing on its own gravity like a neutron star of corruption and scandals :allears:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
54 undecided house republicans seems significant

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Just imagine what is on that secure system.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Angry_Ed posted:

Just imagine what is on that secure system.

Piss tape is real friends.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Spun Dog posted:

Here's some background on him by a local reporter - click through for the thread. He seems more gutless than anything else.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1177696329218306048

Just a reminder, Ralston is the Nevada Politics Whisperer and basically the go-to for anything about any politician in Nevada. Good poo poo.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
quid pro quo isn't just bribery, it's the most categorically undeniable form of bribery. US has really, really restrictive laws about what bribery can be prosecuted and stuff that you could never get away with in most countries is entirely legal here. Quid pro quo as a requirement basically limits bribery prosecutions to people who are too profoundly stupid to not launder their bribes through an intermediary or a charity or a family member as is done with 99% of bribes in the US

Just giving out the documents that substantiate the claims against you really is a novel move in presidential responses to impeachment investigations, but I'm liking it

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 27, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1177612169376145409

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1177613738129678338

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

quid pro quo isn't just bribery, it's the most categorically undeniable form of bribery. US has really, really restrictive laws about what bribery can be prosecuted and stuff that you could never get away with in most countries is entirely legal here. Quid pro quo as a requirement basically limits bribery prosecutions to people who are too profoundly stupid to not launder their bribes through an intermediary or a charity or a family member as is done with 99% of bribes in the US

Just giving out the documents that substantiate the claims against you really is a novel move in presidential responses to impeachment investigations, but I'm liking it

This is the kind of solid legal advise you can only get from a literal brain-damaged alcoholic man

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Why couldn’t he just have tried to take my life, why???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pulling my shirt off and hootin and hollerin

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Spun Dog posted:

I dunno about "gutless"... 2018 was the closest he has ever come to losing his seat to a Dem, and he won by more than sixteen points. He does not currently have a declared opponent in his primary.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Considering she was a white police officer she is basically saying "I wish he had gotten a swift unjust trial and been executed."

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

eviltastic posted:

I dunno about "gutless"... 2018 was the closest he has ever come to losing his seat to a Dem, and he won by more than sixteen points. He does not currently have a declared opponent in his primary.

I guess you could say he's in "Wait and see" mode, but honestly if you can't form an opinion on the obvious corruption in the white house by now, you're just dodging the question.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/statepress/status/1177709061980094464?s=20
nothing to see here

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1177715150679400448

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1177715280010723329

Impeachment might be... good for Dems? Who knew!

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

I read about this and this guy is basically saying “I support opening an inquiry, but I would not vote to impeach yet.”

It is basically what everyone should be saying. No one wants a vote this week. There are a half dozen hearings scheduled for next week, plus Barr and Giuliani potentially later.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

So in the situation where Trump is out of commission for the next election, how would those states that got rid of their GOP primaries work then?

From forty pages and nine years ago but everything would just go down at the national convention where the actual nomination takes place anyway. Primaries aren't really required except to judge the partisan voter's interests.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Hey we only talked about killing that guy and made detailed plans about doing it, and threatened him. But we didn't. No crime!

crime dog edit

this is how they'll do it. They'll invite trump to some speaking arrangement and in the middle McGruff will turn around and put the cuffs on him.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Click my post history if you want to read more about rudy in between some occasional shitposts, but tldr is that no, it's not sad. Rudy is a huge piece of poo poo in his personal life even before everything and gently caress him he deserves every bad thing he brings upon himself.

For as much of a piece of poo poo narcissist as trump is, his family still talks to him. Rudy's entirely living family is estranged from him from all of his marriages, too

Rudy is probably a bigger narcissist than trump

I mean that's what I meant by the immense schadenfreude, it's not at all hard to argue that Giuliani brought just about all of this upon himself. He's been a hideous piece of poo poo for decades, going back to even when I was a small child thirty years ago, and the complete lack of care he's getting is very much a case of karma coming back around.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

How on Earth did Rudy Giuliani go from America's premiere establishment Republican in 2008 to whatever the hell he is today

Hillary Clinton broke him in 2000

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Those poll numbers look about the same as that yougov poll posted yesterday. This bodes well.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If GOP folks finally turn on Trump I'm gonna assume that it'll suddenly go QUICK as they'll want to flush the toilet and get a guy into the 2020 campaign asap.

I'm almost more nervous for whoever the GOP fields in a post-Trump America...

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

At least one person involved knows how hosed he is.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

eke out posted:

just 100k is nothing though for the services rudy has providing, no matter how hilariously bad they have been. the real payment has to be something else

or its just an installment. Like the Stormy Daniels payments were.

Looks like we're gonna need to see Rudy's tax returns too. And probably Mulkasey's too, to see where that 100k came from.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/PostKranish/status/1177708374479327238

CRIMES CRIMES CRIMES CRIMES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Angry_Ed posted:

Look we couldn't even get Matt Gaetz disbarred for witness intimidation, what chance do we have of disbarring Rudy?

Not saying we shouldn't try, however.

gaetz is a house rep. Rudy is just a weird rear end in a top hat who was a lovely mayor and got lucky that bin laden did 9/11.

skylined! posted:

Just a reminder, Ralston is the Nevada Politics Whisperer and basically the go-to for anything about any politician in Nevada. Good poo poo.

yeah. i find the "senate being dead quiet and worried" more interesting than "NZ chud gets worried".