Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alaois posted:

i bet that guy isn't even british

Welsh expat living in Thailand I’m guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's all this "actually blocking and checking strikes" poo poo, that only happens in vidya games!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

i bet that guy isn't even british

I mean I'm not either but I'm reasonable sure in England Tyler doesn't have a fanny.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

What's all this "actually blocking and checking strikes" poo poo, that only happens in vidya games!

You see in a real fight you just take every punch on the chin like a manly man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

You see in a real fight you just take every punch on the chin like a manly man.

:hmmyes: That IS how Minoru Suzuki does it...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DarkstarIV posted:

Someone real mad about NXT and AEW, courtesy of WrestleForum:

Thread title: "NXT wrestlers wrestle like video game characters"

Jim Cornette made a WrestleForum account?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jim actually likes NXT.

It gets lost in his hatred of Kenny and the Bucks, but he's not exactly a massive fan of main roster WWE either.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/AllMigh73608406/status/1177625528427335685

https://twitter.com/Mr_Palacios_98/status/1177695225835347968

https://twitter.com/Becky_blindmark/status/1177634419915530241

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I get being frustrated with Naito's booking but dear sweet lord you think the solution is for him to go to WWE?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh god dammit I'm mad. Keep Vince away from Best in the World.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm cracking up and support this plan. Please banish Naito to WWE

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

MJeff posted:

I get being frustrated with Naito's booking but dear sweet lord you think the solution is for him to go to WWE?

KENTA: Spent his entire run injured and barely used. Left to go back to Japan.

Auska: Had a hell of an NXT run. Won a Royal Rumble. Lost to Charlotte. Is now a Youtuber.

Shinsuke: Had a hell of an NXT run. Won a Royal Rumble. Lost to AJ Styles. Had an awful feud with Jinder. Currently surfing.

Akira Tozawa: Former 205 Live Cruiserweight champion. Still on 205 Live. Likely gone.

Kairi: Was having a hell of an NXT run. Derailed when she was called up to Smackdown to do nothing with Auska.

Io Shirai: The other victim of the call up

KUSHIDA: Dancing.

But no this time will be different.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

KUSHIDA: Dancing.

i heard KUSHIDA's new NXT theme leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V81AiC6oUG4

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

There are so many hilariously wrong things about this take, my god.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ishii going to WWE would be the funniest thing ever just to see everyone's heart break on Twitter and these forums.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

There are so many hilariously wrong things about this take, my god.

its making me lose my mind

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

of everything in that post the idea of Goto in NXT is funniest to me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Low Desert Punk posted:

of everything in that post the idea of Goto in NXT is funniest to me

HHH: So we have this thing called 50/50 booking...
Goto: I could get up as high as 50/50? :stwoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please don't be mean to my good friend Hirooki Goto :smith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

HHH: So we have this thing called 50/50 booking...
Goto: I could get up as high as 50/50? :stwoon:
reported

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ToadyMontana72/status/1178034372080914432

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

At some point in life you realize you need to assume the best of people. There are a few shitheads for sure, but if you think everyone is a shithead, you wind up a bitter old rear end in a top hat.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
This dude has such a sorry loving account

https://twitter.com/ToadyMontana72/status/1168476563689496578

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry, but that guy knows what he's talking about. by mentioning triple h and nxt every time he insults aew, he is gaining points with the rear end kicker and soon he'll have enough to be sent a virtual handshake and pic with daddy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Otto Buck Auto Sucks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's just mad that Max and Jeremy Buck won't return his calls

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

a post that was actually gilded on Reddit posted:

Kofi, Seth, and Becky all won and the ratings stayed the same or got lower. Then Seth was “mean to M’Mox” and the same people who begged for him to be the face of the company now claim he’s garbage.

Television ratings are the most outdated, antiquated form of engagement. Nearly 30% of households don’t even have cables anymore. Most people get their television content from Roku, Hulu, and YouTube clips. People use social media for engagement. Until people like Meltzer step into modern TV engagement, he’s gonna keep sounding like a doom gong for WWE, while trying to spin the AEW low ratings as “actually very high.” However, I’ve never understood why wrestling fans only like what they think will draw, what was highly rated, as if they have no opinions of their own. “Psh. Rollins. He’s not drawing any dimes.” Unless he pays your bills or you have stock, who cares? Cheer for who you cheer for and enjoy the TV show. You wouldn’t see anyone claim that Brooklyn 99 sucks because “Hitchcock and Scully were lightning in a bottle! They didn’t push them! So sick of Peraltiago! They’re ratings poison!” Why do we do it?

i love how ratings no longer matter to WWE stans when ratings are bad. and lol @ the dave meltzer boogeyman

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mean to M'Mox, lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ol dogshit shave seltzer at it again

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
hitchcock and scully had entire flashback episode dedicated to their antics last season.

dude doesn’t know poo poo about wrestling or brooklyn 99 fuckin shameful.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

besides I thought the common complaint against WWE was that the stories and how they link into the wrestling and promos are utter dogshit. The ratings reflect that.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I don’t think “ratings are not a 1:1 translation of what they were even 5 years ago” and “WWE is in a creative rut with a subpar product right now, and that’s driving viewers away” are mutually exclusive.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

coconono posted:

besides I thought the common complaint against WWE was that the stories and how they link into the wrestling and promos are utter dogshit. The ratings reflect that.

But look at those social media engagement numbers!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

illcendiary posted:

I don’t think “ratings are not a 1:1 translation of what they were even 5 years ago” and “WWE is in a creative rut with a subpar product right now, and that’s driving viewers away” are mutually exclusive.

Yeah, the guy has a shadow of a good point then goes on a think about Metlzer and lol.

I'd... love to be able to enjoy WWE television. But they just closed their big "premier" with a cuck angle so.... I don't enjoy the programming.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

hitchcock and scully had entire flashback episode dedicated to their antics last season.

dude doesn’t know poo poo about wrestling or brooklyn 99 fuckin shameful.

I've found that people who insist on comparing wrestling to movies/television usually don't know poo poo about either

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

illcendiary posted:

Ratings are how TV viewership is measured and TV money is what fuels WWE so it's a very stupid point. WWE isn't paid in theoretical Hulu viewers. They are paid to produce TV viewers and their viewership has fallen far faster than cable in general.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Nielsen ratings may be a dinosaur but uh, it's what the people keeping the lights on in WWE care about. For some reason there's money in pretending this model is still relevant.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Big Dave showing up on the AEW countdown special has brought all the broke-brain idiots out on Twitter, so beware.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Ol dogshit shave seltzer at it again

It's, no joke, both gross and sad how much these people sound like post-Spike TNA stans. Like, have some self respect and at least have the creativity to fake your own death like the threads namesake (RIP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Big Dave showing up on the AEW countdown special has brought all the broke-brain idiots out on Twitter, so beware.

https://twitter.com/ChipHooWah/status/1179191894250799111

https://twitter.com/Angelboy881/status/1179183662623068160

https://twitter.com/Vbajor10/status/1179187468182134784

https://twitter.com/DeityOfGaming/status/1179191914639302657

very healthy brains