Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

GotLag posted:

Also be aware that fully-grown fruit trees have their maturation (for higher quality fruit) paused if there's grass or paving or anything around them, which is bullshit.

Including acorns/tree seeds, the little buried item worms, a rock in the ground...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Yeah, I used the Better Fruit Trees mod and just the space around them looking clear (or pave it or fill it with grass).

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Finishing up a no-Pierre challenge run (and is the second full run my wife and I have done), we had to fold at the end and buy an apple sapling from him because we got ZERO apples from the bats for two years straight (they only started when we bought the tree and even then only dropped two, we got 5+ of every other tree fruit in that time!) and to this day still no apples from the cart lady. Once we do the last few late game things we will probably start again with a bunch of mods attached for goofing around unless the update hits first. I also hadn't selected the mushrooms for the cave either game I played and saw on a video how much more productive that was than the bats so definitely doing that next time.

Need to borrow the slimes random color code and have random black/white/orange/grey koi, as well as various flavors of spots based on their parents pedigree. Include rare ones like tancho koi (the white ones with the red spot on their heads) and a butterfly koi body variant with all the same color combinations. And most importantly when looking at the koi pond you see shadows of fish swimming around. Plus since this is half-magic toss in some green koi rare drops you get from fishing at 1 am on rainy Saturdays in Summer or something

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Are Strawberries not in the mobile version? It's year 2 but I don't see them in Pierre's store.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Strawberries are spring festival bought only.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Can anyone confirm that I can transfer my save from iOS to Steam? I googled it and it looks possible but if there’s any first hand experience that’d be great.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

Can anyone confirm that I can transfer my save from iOS to Steam? I googled it and it looks possible but if there’s any first hand experience that’d be great.

I transferred a PC save to Android, so going the other way around shouldn't be a problem either.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OMG. I was putting in mowing strips around them.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I bought a void egg from the cart and turned it into mayonnaise because I didn't know incubators were a thing yet, doh. Do they appear regularly? Also I donated my prismatic shard I got in the quarry... I need to hold onto things a little longer.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

zenguitarman posted:

I bought a void egg from the cart and turned it into mayonnaise because I didn't know incubators were a thing yet, doh. Do they appear regularly? Also I donated my prismatic shard I got in the quarry... I need to hold onto things a little longer.

You can buy an unlimited amount from Krobus once you've unlocked the sewer, albeit for 5k each

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just proposed to Leah and … that’s it? Welp I guess I’m married now.

All the other bachelors/bachelorettes now say they’re single. Could I, hypothetically speaking, start dating someone on the side?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just proposed to Leah and … that’s it? Welp I guess I’m married now.

Nope.

The actual wedding is in a few days, after which she will move in to the farmhouse

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

All the other bachelors/bachelorettes now say they’re single. Could I, hypothetically speaking, start dating someone on the side?

Yes. No one will know unless you date all six.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
if you continue to gift bachelors or bachelorettes after you are married proper, your spouse will get jealous and cause your relationship to crater. if you want to slut it up (like i always do), do so before you tie the knot.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Good advice for irl as well

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Yes. No one will know unless you date all six.

Thanks I got that much. I was just thinking that there was more to it

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Coolguye posted:

if you continue to gift bachelors or bachelorettes after you are married proper, your spouse will get jealous and cause your relationship to crater. if you want to slut it up (like i always do), do so before you tie the knot.

Abigail at least doesn't seem that bothered. She calls me out and asks if she needs to be suspicious of me, but I just give her a pumpkin and she's cool again.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Spalec posted:

Abigail at least doesn't seem that bothered. She calls me out and asks if she needs to be suspicious of me, but I just give her a pumpkin and she's cool again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tzcRUwmoQ

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Spalec posted:

make sure to give her an occasional amethyst so she doesn't starve to death

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
1.3 seems to be live on PS4 and Xbone

Too bad I got bandits to murder in Borderlands 3

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Only on PS4, apparently.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1176646037458411521

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1176646646748155904

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I'm looking at the content in 1.3 patch. I've never heard anyone talking about stuff - secret notes, fishing submarine, auto grabber for barn animals, etc.

Is all this stuff on PC right now?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yes. Yes it is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yeah, it's been on PC for over a year and Switch for just shy of a year I think.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
it took me and my buddy until winter 7 y1 to get through all the hops we had produced in summer of year 1 but the hops alone clocked in at 850k monies

i am still working through the 1k blueberries, 1600 cranberries, 750 wheat, and 100 honey we produced in the meantime

this is insane

e: clarity because folks got confused

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 26, 2019

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Coolguye posted:

it took me and my buddy until winter 7 to get through all the hops we had produced in summer of year 1 but the hops alone clocked in at 850k monies

i am still working through the 1k blueberries, 1600 cranberries, 750 wheat, and 100 honey we produced in the meantime

this is insane

If you're going the Factorio route, might as well get Ancient crops and Coffee up and running and just sell the the rest!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
people meme that but it is completely unworkable in the real game without already breaking the back of the problem so i always roll my eyes when it's said

let me be less flippant:

ancient fruit is delightful, yes, but in the first year it is anyone's guess when you will actually get them, and even if you luck out and get one very early (let's say spring 15 y1), simply getting enough seeds to scale their production will absolutely demand that you almost entirely discount the plant's productivity in the first year. 2300g for a bottle of wine is great, but two a week is not going to set the world on fire. you need dozens a week. you only get that in practice by ramming the seeds through the seed maker, and that takes time. meanwhile, you have needs right now. the earliest time ancient fruit is potentially relevant is spring year 2, and by that time there are numerous other ways to have gotten to 1MM earned and fundamentally broken the financial problem already.

coffee is even worse. while it can be obtained more easily, scaling it requires either yet more time (saving and planting back your produce). coffee is truly interesting in that one keg can, in theory, service an entire fistful of plants, so the industrialization portion of the equation is much easier, but as it does not benefit from artisan at farming 10 for whatever reason (easily obtainable by mid-late summer y1), it actually scales much worse than its two main competitors (hops and wheat) because it doesn't get a 40% price bump for existing. consequently, once again, by the time you are able to scale up coffee production, its season is waning fast and you are on the brink of getting a tool that makes them much worse both in terms of productivity and your personal time than just growing hops.

both of them are fine and dandy for making absolute amounts of money, but in terms of solving the real money crunch in SV (that is, getting to 1MM) they're terrible and unworkable. as far as i'm able to determine, hops are head and shoulders above the rest and it's not subtle.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
yeah but

it took you 7 years to process those hops

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mzbundifund posted:

yeah but

it took you 7 years to process those hops
That's how I read it too, but I think it's day 7 of winter 1.

I never bothered with any artisan stuff in year 1 and just planted unfathomable numbers of blueberries and cranberries.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is there a better way of farming coal than running levels 40-70 of the mine looking for those dust sprites? 10 wood for 1 coal in the kiln sounds really expensive, as does buying them from clint.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Away all Goats posted:

Is there a better way of farming coal than running levels 40-70 of the mine looking for those dust sprites? 10 wood for 1 coal in the kiln sounds really expensive, as does buying them from clint.

Nope. The plus side is that the monster quest reward for Dust Sprites also makes it easier to gather more coal.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Away all Goats posted:

Ask yourself if it's easier to run around looking for sprites, or scale up your farm production to purchase the coal outright.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I never bothered with any artisan stuff in year 1 and just planted unfathomable numbers of blueberries and cranberries.

Oh thank goodness. I was trying to figure out how you could possibly grow 7 years of hops in the first growing season, unless you're refusing to ever make more than one keg.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Mzbundifund posted:

Oh thank goodness. I was trying to figure out how you could possibly grow 7 years of hops in the first growing season, unless you're refusing to ever make more than one keg.

yeah, that is indeed what i meant, sorry for that confusion. keg production itself continually ramped up during summer, and basically hit full tilt in early fall with just short of 70 kegs.

isndl posted:

Ask yourself if it's easier to run around looking for sprites, or scale up your farm production to purchase the coal outright.

there's also the question of what you are buying the coal for. if you are buying the coal purely to process existing metal, then that probably is not worth it. but if you are buying the coal to build beehives or preserves jars, you can quantify how long it will take for them to pay for themselves. beehives, for example, produce wild honey every 4 days or so, which is processed to mead in another 10 hours, yielding 280g (assuming Artisan). so assuming some inefficiency on your part that makes the whole thing take 5 days, that's 5 rotations or 25 days to pay itself off (assuming your outlay is just the coal at 8 * 150 => 1200g). this isn't bad at all if you can afford the initial outlay, since it means that in another season you're going to be dealing with ~1400g/season in pure profit, which starts to look pretty interesting when you multiply that by a few dozen. if you want to buy it outright, you are looking at an extra 1400g outlay (5 * 150 [iron ore] + 50 * 10 [wood] + 150 [coal lump to forge the iron ore]), which basically doubles the time to payoff.

this is the pessimistic analysis - poppy honey and fairy rose honey are actually more expensive than mead (harshly so in fairy honey's case - it's 680g and doesn't require processing to mead!) so in summer and fall you will see a much faster payoff than you would otherwise expect.

jars pay off different depending on how you want to look at it, since they're pure processors and don't originate anything. you might look at it based upon what you're selling entirely, or you might look at it in terms of how much value it's added. i prefer the latter. in that case, blueberries add about 60g of value per day (varies a bit on grade), so the 1800g investment in coal will be paid off in 20 days, assuming you keep them filled pretty regularly. if you buy the materials for the jars outright (50 wood, 40 stone, 8 coal => 500 + 800 + 1800 in year 1 => 3100g) you're looking at 52 days or 2 seasons of blueberries to make them pay for themselves entirely. that's assuming blueberries. cranberries are 84g/day if you'd like to run those numbers instead.

these sound like long times but particularly in beehives the trick of it is that they're now just always there. if you intend to be playing more than 2 more seasons, then beehives pretty much always make sense as long as you can afford the outlay and are willing to provide the maple syrup, which is the only thing you can't buy. jars again make sense pretty much any time you are intending to play more than another 2 seasons and can fill them with berries for more than 2 seasons. considering that pretty much everyone is on board with all berries all the time, you really only need to look at your current stocks of berries and divide by 60 to get the number of jars you can reasonably pay off with your current stocks. if you have 1k blueberries (which is REALLY easy to do) you can safely outright buy 16 jars (worth almost 50kg) and know that it's coming back to you with interest.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 25, 2019

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

after all this time of looking at linus' outfit i JUST realized he's a woodwose

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

InediblePenguin posted:

after all this time of looking at linus' outfit i JUST realized he's a woodwose

No. He’s homeless

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Is it still homeless if you choose to be?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

WarpedNaba posted:

Is it still homeless if you choose to be?

Yes. He is without a home.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
yeah a nontrivial part of the homeless problem is that even when offered a place to live, for free, a lot of homeless people will refuse it because it comes with rules they're not willing to follow (even if they're basic societal rules like "clean your literal poo poo up")

of course linus is a druid so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
most of it is just capitalism, though