Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Zotix posted:

This just in: r/the_donald is in full meltdown mode. It's just like the white house they can't keep up with the facts that are coming out.

C'mon. You can't just put that out there without sharing some choice bits!

Baby Capybara tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Zotix posted:

This just in: r/the_donald is in full meltdown mode. It's just like the white house they can't keep up with the facts that are coming out.

I can't even find it to enjoy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Blurred posted:

I don't think the phrase "it was very legal and very good" has ever been used in connection with anything wholesome or seemly in the entire history of humanity.

"Hey, Bob, what did you do this weekend?"

"Well, the wife and I went to the farmer's market, then took in a movie, and had a nice little late dinner. IT WAS VERY LEGAL AND VERY GOOD!"

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1177802622302113792?s=20

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

That seems like something Trump would have openly bragged about the instant he said it.

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

Is this the promise Trump made to Ukraine?

Edit: This is from their most recent meeting

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
...and he believed him?

Goddamn Zelensky is gullible.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Rabble posted:

Yup, dude’s in the wind and like a 60% chance he isn’t coming back.

The Trump presidency is going to be unbelievable to read about in 20 years. Imagine students turning to a chapter in their history books that starts,

"And then the Attorney General of the United States fled the country..."

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zotix posted:

Oh man I hadn't even thought about that. They're probably suffering the same issue the GOP as a whole is feeling where everything's coming too fast for them to adjust. I wonder how many are just gonna walk away from politics from this?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

OAquinas posted:

...and he believed him?

Goddamn Zelensky is gullible.

Judging from his posture and responses in that photo op interview I kinda get the feeling he's more trapped and just trying to find a way out that lets him keep his skin, rather than gullible, at this point.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bird cooch posted:

I can't even find it to enjoy

tbf that's part of the point of the quarantine

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
So what the chances the Republicans in the Senate try to turn the Senate trial into some poo poo about Hunter Biden or whatever?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Judging from his posture and responses in that photo op interview I kinda get the feeling he's more trapped and just trying to find a way out that lets him keep his skin, rather than gullible, at this point.

He's a loving comedic actor. He was not at all prepared for...whatever the gently caress this is.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Lol they're really trying to get the 'whistleblower rules changed in august' poo poo to stick, but maybe it would work better if trump didn't release all the incriminating poo poo himself, idk

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Oh man I hadn't even thought about that. They're probably suffering the same issue the GOP as a whole is feeling where everything's coming too fast for them to adjust.

Like that's not really what's happening right? We know he's in Italy, but people don't really think he's AWOL,right?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Charlz Guybon posted:

WTF?

In what universe would you not rush back to DC in order to try and manage the fallout hands on? Just continuing that trips just smacks of defeatism or hubris

Just a little co-ink-ee-dink, just had some pre-planned secret escape trip to Italy planned since, I dunno, whenever, and the president is just continuing to be harassed by crazy democrats so I'm not going to change my schedule, then their harassment would be reaching the level of interfering with a public official!

I'm sure Barr will be back soon to handle all this normal stuff in a normal way!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zotix posted:

Like that's not really what's happening right? We know he's in Italy, but people don't really think he's AWOL,right?

I believe you quoted the wrong person goon-sir(or madame), as funny as it is to imagine the entirety of r/donald taking a sudden trip to Italy in preparation for fleeing prosecution.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zotix posted:

Hahahahaha just lmao

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah I meant to reply to the post just above it. The one about when the kids turn to the chapter where the AG flees the country.

It's 1am and I should get some sleep before the next episode comes out tomorrow.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm never gonna get over how loving funny this 'just another day in fucknutsville' poo poo is, jesus christ what a day to make a mistake like that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

empty whippet box posted:

I'm never gonna get over how loving funny this 'just another day in fucknutsville' poo poo is, jesus christ what a day to make a mistake like that.

Anyone have a photo of it?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

The Glumslinger posted:

Anyone have a photo of it?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Lol they're really trying to get the 'whistleblower rules changed in august' poo poo to stick, but maybe it would work better if trump didn't release all the incriminating poo poo himself, idk

It's so funny because it's classic process over substance chud whining, but the transcript corroborated the whistleblower report in a completely damning way so not even that will work.. Except on those who are already true believers (those who should never be taken into consideration regardless)

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

mdemone posted:

He's a loving comedic actor. He was not at all prepared for...whatever the gently caress this is.

Of all people he should have been.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Give em a pulitzer

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Seriously, the loving political comic-esque label makes that image.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

That's the country's new name, it's official. We deserve it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It really is a much better title than the one it was actually supposed to get. I don't see how we can even top it as a thread title.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is honestly the funniest thing to come out of the trump administration so far, it's like a culmination of how loving stupid every part of it has been.

mistaya posted:

It really is a much better title than the one it was actually supposed to get. I don't see how we can even top it as a thread title.

Evergreen tbh

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Read this if you want to ruin the headline

Fucknutsville was a term coined by Rahm Emanuel to describe Washington DC

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177797447931895808

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1177813169349304321

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

This doesn't ruin it at all, I already knew this.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Subject headings: Folklore and Mythology

Daww. :3:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

it rules so much that one pathetic shrimp of a man calling the only people he could intimidate cockwaffles if they thought anything left of a 1990 Republican could get elected with a D next to their name is why the entire Obama administration's agenda withered and died

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it rules so much that one pathetic shrimp of a man calling the only people he could intimidate cockwaffles if they thought anything left of a 1990 Republican could get elected with a D next to their name is why the entire Obama administration's agenda withered and died

It rules even more that a beloved main character on "The West Wing" is based on him, and is supposed to be seen as heroic.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Zotix posted:

Yeah I meant to reply to the post just above it. The one about when the kids turn to the chapter where the AG flees the country.

It's 1am and I should get some sleep before the next episode comes out tomorrow.

To address your actual question: last I heard, there hasn't been a lot of contact with him w/r/t returning to the country and when he would do so given the severity of what's happening.

We should fully expect him to go missing this weekend or early next week, though the EU is simultaneously a great and terrible place to do that

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So if Barr does somehow do that, how quickly do the wheels fall off the Trump train? Cause I feel without him shutting down everything in the DoJ, a lot of people are suddenly gonna be feeling the heat

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

To address your actual question: last I heard, there hasn't been a lot of contact with him w/r/t returning to the country and when he would do so given the severity of what's happening.

We should fully expect him to go missing this weekend or early next week, though the EU is simultaneously a great and terrible place to do that

Barr barr barr barr Bill Barr rannnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Peacoffee posted:

Barr barr barr barr Bill Barr rannnnn

Better than John McCain's version