Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They made a gag for the movie and now that gag is a direct-to-dvd movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nodosaur posted:

it also lends credence to the notion they're over-invested about the criticism they keep getting, because no one would do that so much without an axe to grind.

I feel like you’re completely misinterpreting the spirit and the intent of the “gently caress the haters” episodes.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

The 7th Guest posted:

the show is also self-deprecating so i think people maybe over-analyze it too much?? but the haters also seem to watch it too much, like when the SA webcomics thread obsessed over Questionable Content. they'll complain about it endlessly but could quote the 3rd panel from the 864th strip if you asked. and know all the lore about the characters' backstories and relationships. like how do you know there are a baker's dozen episodes talking about the fandom unless you've watched them all.

we live in the internet era, don't need to have your TV on cable all day. if you like to hatewatch that's cool but there's a lot of good animation out there to watch

I regret to report that the Something Awful webcomic thread is still obsessed about Questionable Content.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I loved the original Teen Titans, I saw a few episodes of TTG and didn't like it, so I just stopped watching it. And I gotta say, I feel like if your preferred version of these characters are the 2003 ones... you really shouldn't be watching this?

I saw the movie and enjoyed it, but that's about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Carmen Sandiego Season 2 comes out next tuesday, so I made a thread for it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899529

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1175873419176550402?s=19

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like that would be more interesting if they drew the characters in the style of the other shows instead of designing a bunch of weird hybrid clones of Tommy Pickles and Zim.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like that would be more interesting if they drew the characters in the style of the other shows instead of designing a bunch of weird hybrid clones of Tommy Pickles and Zim.

Honestly the Zim mixes are the ones that work the best on that chart, most of them line up with how background Irkens would be designed, and the Zim/Reptar mix is the kind of dumb plan Zim would pull off if he came up with it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

AH gently caress WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

teen titans go vs teen titans is out. Really good Raven story, fun multiverse stuff, very true to both versions.

The animation on the 03 titans is definitely off, but eh, it's a direct to dvd deal where they had to make their assets from scratch to only use it for this 1 hour special.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad that Chuckie Zim is dead center on that chart because I can't look away from it and I can't stop laughing at it

e: also, wait, what, that's an official Nick account acknowledging Zim as a Nicktoon? that's... new. they've historically run like gently caress from any association with the show whatsoever and downplayed it as hard as possible in the Nicktoon lineup. I wonder if Enter the Florpus changed that calculus any.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's normal for big companies to just have somebody running their twitter doing something weird for engagement with no official backing or anything.

Although it is weird for an entertainment company to do that. You'd think that since trying to be funny and interesting on twitter is close to their central function of being funny and interesting in other formats, they wouldn't just put it on autopilot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm glad that Chuckie Zim is dead center on that chart because I can't look away from it and I can't stop laughing at it

e: also, wait, what, that's an official Nick account acknowledging Zim as a Nicktoon? that's... new. they've historically run like gently caress from any association with the show whatsoever and downplayed it as hard as possible in the Nicktoon lineup. I wonder if Enter the Florpus changed that calculus any.

They have not. Back on 06 on that nicktoons channel (not Nickelodeon, the other one) they had a huge event for Zim, showing the unaired episodes. Zim’s on a few banners and ads for them too.

He’s just not their most popular character, but they’ve never not been proud of it.

To put it like this, when Zim was airing, so was ChalkZone. Where is Rudy these days? Or his superhero thing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's got the chalk.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So... is TTG raven not gonna have a gem from now on?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What ever happened with Danny Phantom? I thought I heard news about a revival.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think maybe those plans died when Butch left Nick.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Butch Hartman was raising some noise about a possible revival, but he left Nickelodeon and they own the Danny Phantom rights.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in the revival it turns out the real phantom is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Holy Spirit joke was right in front of you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mraagvpeine posted:

What ever happened with Danny Phantom? I thought I heard news about a revival.

Butch Hartman sucks

edit: Posting this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0rGg32k9LI

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Again on the Gargoyles chat, on The Gathering(part 1) and I'm reminded how much I despise the whole thing about the "Oberon's Children" concept in how it's applied to mythologies outside of the British Islands, it's honestly downright insulting when you get down to it(could probably even be construed as being outright racist depending on how you interpret it), it's basically the one major piece of world building in Gargoyles that I would want to see changed if it ever got a reboot or revival

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Butch Hartman sucks

edit: Posting this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0rGg32k9LI

Now I want to know what his shadow's boss form would look like.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Applewhite posted:

So... is TTG raven not gonna have a gem from now on?

Knowing TTG she'll probably have two.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ConanThe3rd posted:

Knowing TTG she'll probably have two.

I hope it comes back, it would be weird otherwise.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was looking at a list of old shows when I found 2 in particular that I haven't thought about in a long time: W.I.T.C.H. and Winx Club. I remember them being based on Italian comics and were rivaling series. I decided to look them up to see how long they ran for, and imagine my surprise to find that Winx Club is still ongoing! It currently has 8 seasons and 3 movies, while W.I.T.C.H. still only had those 2 seasons. I guess it's official who won.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was looking at a list of old shows when I found 2 in particular that I haven't thought about in a long time: W.I.T.C.H. and Winx Club. I remember them being based on Italian comics and were rivaling series. I decided to look them up to see how long they ran for, and imagine my surprise to find that Winx Club is still ongoing! It currently has 8 seasons and 3 movies, while W.I.T.C.H. still only had those 2 seasons. I guess it's official who won.

:psyduck:

So it looks like mostly driven by Italy, and it's very much on and off, like always 26 episode airing over a year and then a year or so off. Season 7 on 2015 and Season 8 this year, like ending nine days ago. loving fascinating.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I don't know a lot about W.I.T.C.H., but that theme song was good poo poo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

winx club is on Netflix isn't it? i've seen it on there as a 'netflix original' which I assume just means they licensed it for north america

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They're apparently making a live action Winx movie.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

If you call victory going into a copro deal with Nickelodeon that nearly deep-six’d the entire franchise because Nickelodeon had no idea/care for the property’s (ageing with the show’s) audience and did arguably a worse job than 4kids in translating the series them sure.

By comparison WITCH had the rotten luck of being a Greg Wiseman joint (back when he’d have 9 season plots for two seasons of runtime) on a channel that was fueled by oddball European copros.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD4wL1krbOE

I always appreaciate alt-universe stuff like this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Greg Wiseman joint (back when he’d have 9 season plots for two seasons of runtime)

You say that like he's changed.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD4wL1krbOE

I always appreaciate alt-universe stuff like this.

I like the crossover nexus with the Cartoon Network megaton punch where every three frames it turns into a different character from an old or current CN show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFW-2q6_dlc

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

BioEnchanted posted:

I like the crossover nexus with the Cartoon Network megaton punch where every three frames it turns into a different character from an old or current CN show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFW-2q6_dlc

man I wish they were allowed to make the full 22-minute version of that special

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

TwoPair posted:

Gonna be honest, I haven’t bothered with the new Young Justice series because I found out it wasn’t a conclusion to the events that got set up at the end of the last one.

You give me Vandal Savage shaking hands with Darkseid and then you squander your chance to do anything with it? Quit huffing your own farts and give me closure, ffs.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Good point and well made.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I really got turned off with the second season opener of Young Justice since it felt like they couldn't get the few personal arcs characters were allowed to have out of the way fast enough and all the villains were interchangeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/NickAnimation/status/1177598886275375105