Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

E. Revenant posted:

Anybody thinking Barr had any ability to save Trump from himself when he released the Ukraine readout is missing the nature of Trumps reaction political near-death situations.

Trump has no idea the benefit he got out of Barr de-fanged the Mueller report just before it was about to strike. Trump now believes he was always going to skate through the report unscathed.

Why would he listen to a low energy coward when he can release the "transcript" and prove to all that no document can ever bring harm to Trump.

E: added quote because yet more news broke the conversation flow.

I agree with this 100%. 150% even. He's probably reworked it in his memory so he never needed Barr's help, or that it would have come out even better if he'd not had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RuanGacho posted:

If true, it could send shock waves through this whole thing if Donny thinks the Turtle is betraying him.

Whether or not it's true, Democrats should be pushing this message to try and drive a firm wedge between Trump and the Senate prior to any vote

E:
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1177756104455053314?s=19
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1177766157643853824?s=19

C'mon Ryan give us the goods

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 28, 2019

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Failed Imagineer posted:

C'mon Ryan give us the goods

While I know we're dying of thirst out here, we need to be absolutely clear in that we are not going to get the actual full phone transcripts/recordings a second before they are at least fully declassified and sent to Congress. Grim would be putting himself in the direst of peril if he even intimated that he had access to the records at this point in time (which is what the White House was generally counting on, not realizing that whistleblowers can easily point out the existence of such records and Congresspersons can demand said records at any time, for any reason). It'll be a while before we know more of the Saudi calls beyond second-hand accusations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Youth Decay posted:

It would appear SA is part of the Web Cultures Web Archive which includes a number of internet relics (YTMND, Newgrounds, Fark, etc) ... and Equestria Daily.

No matter how gay or dead these forums become we are empirically literally forever enshrined as a part of proto web culture and lol forever

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The piss journalist described SA in a positive constructive way that zero internet web cultures have ever been described like so good job Lowtax your disaster spine has steered this vessel true

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Uncle Wemus posted:

he was on colbert a few weeks ago and i was absolutely disgusted that anybody still gives him the time of day

your right. I think that the elites sent foils into the democratic party to stop them from actually doing things that help labor so that in essence we have two right wing parties. Rahm emanuel is one of those foils. Basically like they came up with the third way and whatnot.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Stereotype posted:

No matter how gay or dead these forums become we are empirically literally forever enshrined as a part of proto web culture and lol forever

I’m glad lowtax’s project has become an undead lich king that will haunt the information era forever. :unsmith:

Yesterday was a busy day, so I had zero time to check the internet and now I catch up on the thread to discover... Turtle told Trump releasing the transcripts was a good idea, and the United States Attorney General may be hiding in another country. Hoo boy.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

GreyjoyBastard posted:

ehh looks like the capture only runs through August 2018, if I'm reading correctly

I talked to one of the LC web archiving people last week. They're still actively collecting the site.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Giant Metal Robot posted:

I talked to one of the LC web archiving people last week. They're still actively collecting the site.

What do they do about images? A huge amount of early SA just looks like people LOLing at 'can't see poo poo' icons.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
lmao he really is that dumb
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177793877530546177?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Come on McMaster what do you have to lose at this point.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Giant Metal Robot posted:

Is it just the front page? They can’t possibly be archiving the forums.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the trump white house is an infestation of skaven.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Groovelord Neato posted:

“The call was perfect-great! FAKE-MEAN NEWS!”

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.change.org/p/everyone-petition-to-replace-every-mention-of-donald-trump-with-nurgle-the-plague-lord

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Stormvermin, stormfront, same thing really.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Samson of Political Stupidity. When he was finally confronted and threatened, Trump grabbed the supports of the political edifice that supported him and screamed "Noo! I'm the best! Nobody beats me!" as he flailed, bringing the entire machine down upon his own allies in a confused tantrum.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177915862180880384

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Shower thought: this transcript has to have a codename if it's in the server right? That's means:

a.) It's gonna be a memorable codename that will get blasted all over the airwaves, making it stick in people's minds, and
2.) What's the most ridiculous name it could be?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Bellmaker posted:

Shower thought: this transcript has to have a codename if it's in the server right? That's means:

a.) It's gonna be a memorable codename that will get blasted all over the airwaves, making it stick in people's minds, and

Covfefe

It's probably MAGA

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Eh...that's good, but let me know when it's a governor outside of New England

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I think people have already decided that’s what COVFEVE refers to.

e: f,b

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Bellmaker posted:

I think they redact the code words which is why you see TS/_____.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

It's gonna be called "but her emails"

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

osker posted:

I think they redact the code words which is why you see TS/_____.

If we are picking for funsies I'm going to say code word "Perfect Phonecall" which they lovingly abbreviate to PP

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I’m sure they used all the good code words on the first calls they put in there. It has been going on for some time.

In fact by the time we got to July of this year we were probably already in obscure poo poo like “Eric”

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

osker posted:

If we are picking for funsies I'm going to say code word "Perfect Phonecall" which they lovingly abbreviate to PP

Private Information/Secret Server, stored on a tape drive. :getin:

Edit: \/ Grandpa’s up and angry, baby! \/

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Someone's having normal one already:

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 28, 2019

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Not a thing of value? :staredog:

https://mobile.twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1177922126243721216

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

ultramiraculous posted:

I have never seen them so close together. First the news, now the tweets are being condensed into smaller increments of time.

We truly are approaching the impeachment event horizon

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ultramiraculous posted:

The savages :laffo:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1177925433809084416?s=19

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

If you need a summary of where we are and how 400 years has been compressed into 4 days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD3my03ioio

LegalEagle is such drat good content, this video is a great summary to give to your friends parents

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

ultramiraculous posted:

This looks like the unhinged rantings you might find in a dictator's notebook when the good guys finally break down the door to his bunker

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The savages :laffo:

Yeah, he isn't dropping the colored women after this word by coincidence, man's putting out the white supremacy bat signal.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

ultramiraculous posted:

He can't remember the full names of The Squad, can he?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

hcreight posted:

Absolutely not.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hcreight posted:

He probably cant even remember what AOC stands for.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

ManBoyChef posted:

He probably cant even remember what AOC stands for.

Ayeee Oooooh CORTEZ *makes Asian squinty eyes*

This actually happens in some timelines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Didn’t he use to say AOC+4?