Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
loving lol they had an LF archive, but it doesn't seem to work. There's this curious gap between 2008 and 2010 :thinking emoji:
https://webarchive.loc.gov/all/20080709135528/http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201

Oh my LF still exists?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201

Mahoning posted:

https://twitter.com/davidklion/status/1177954350678921225?s=21

This is preposterous. Quid pro quo, things of that nature.

Of course it's an impeachable offense but he shouldn't be impeached :psyduck: This is literally doublethink and we are in Oceana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ewiley posted:

loving lol they had an LF archive, but it doesn't seem to work. There's this curious gap between 2008 and 2010 :thinking emoji:
https://webarchive.loc.gov/all/20080709135528/http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201

Oh my LF still exists?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201

Of course it's an impeachable offense but he shouldn't be impeached :psyduck: This is literally doublethink and we are in Oceana.

agreed. but i think its signs that even the national review realizes how bad this is.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Would Mitch really be dumb enough to believe him?

We all make mistakes, Trump is supposedly extremely persuasive one-on-one, and the only people who would have access to it would be toadies who Trump was probably glaring at as they denied anything bad on the transcript.

Also I'm not sure that Mitch would have wanted to see it or the whistleblower report himself since if he did that would be a scandal in its own right (why deny it to congress then show Mitch?) and the White House leaks like no other so there would be no way to hide it for long.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Rinkles posted:

Why would the Saudis want to troll Trump?

Trump's kind of outlived his usefulness to them. Congress keeps blocking him from giving them nuke tech and I read that they're pissed the Kashoggi murder wasn't successfully swept under the rug.

I suppose they can still keep buying conventional weapons off us so maybe it's not bridge burning time yet.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1177958932628811776

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

So how close until we reach the last scene from A Face in the Crowd, only in front of the whole world?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Does an impeached and convicted president still get secret service protections? If so how does this logistically play out in Russia?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shifty Pony posted:

We all make mistakes, Trump is supposedly extremely persuasive one-on-one

Only because for his entire life up until becoming President he’s been in a position to just fire anyone who personally displeases him. When he doesn’t have that power over someone he’s a flailing impotent moron.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shifty Pony posted:

We all make mistakes, Trump is supposedly extremely persuasive one-on-one,

I doubt this.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Phobic Nest posted:

Trump's kind of outlived his usefulness to them. Congress keeps blocking him from giving them nuke tech and I read that they're pissed the Kashoggi murder wasn't successfully swept under the rug.

I suppose they can still keep buying conventional weapons off us so maybe it's not bridge burning time yet.

In what way wasn't the kashoggi murder swept under the rug?!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump just seems to attract people as dumb as he is. there was an instance where trump had his helicopter lowered so he could scream at manafort on a call and the screaming was incoherent dumb bullshit but lewandowski called it one of the greatest takedowns in history.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Zapf Dingbat posted:

So how close until we reach the last scene from A Face in the Crowd, only in front of the whole world?

That still involves some level of self-awareness and shame.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This ‘hearsay’ attack is the weakest poo poo. The documents the WH have released all match the whistleblower complaint to a tee.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

trump just seems to attract people as dumb as he is. there was an instance where trump had his helicopter lowered so he could scream at manafort on a call and the screaming was incoherent dumb bullshit but lewandowski called it one of the greatest takedowns in history.

i mean thats the only people he can get. its either opportunists or morons or psychos.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

skylined! posted:

Yall need to stop it with thinking Mcconnell is anywhere near ready to drop trump. Trump's approval is +16 in Kentucky. Kicking him out of the white house would all but guarantee Mitch loses re-election.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-states-where-trump-is-more-and-less-popular-than-he-should-be/

But KY is deep red anyhow. Generic R probably polls +20.

I know it’s based on nothing, but Mitch is not stupid. He knows Trump is a crazy trash fire, why encourage him to do something that would obviously hurt Trump? He has to have checked the transcript.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zotix posted:

Does an impeached and convicted president still get secret service protections?

Nixon was protected, so almost certainly. If he's in jail this would get a lot simpler as the SS would just coordinate with wherever he ends up getting put.

quote:

If so how does this logistically play out in Russia?

The normal solution to a VIP desiring to travel to a place that cannot be secured is to advise them not to do that and they'll see the light and choose not to go. That will probably not work here. If he flees to Russia he's basically throwing himself on the mercy of Putin so it depends on how successfully his administration ended up serving Russian interests.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mitch's approval rating is 36 percent. he has the fourth lowest approval rating in the senate. he has the highest disapproval rating in the senate (yeah even higher than the three senators with lower approval rating). he's still gonna be re-elected easily.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

FlamingLiberal posted:

This ‘hearsay’ attack is the weakest poo poo. The documents the WH have released all match the whistleblower complaint to a tee.
I'm waiting for the Republicans next tactic to be: "Yeah, but those documents were released by a known compulsive liar in mental decline who we all already know can't be trusted. Checkmate, Libs."

I'm thinking it's days away. Maybe hours.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Tatsuta Age posted:

In what way wasn't the kashoggi murder swept under the rug?!

The gist of it was that they didn't expect details to get out and the American public outcry to be so strong, that he could make it all go away.

They got away with murder, but they're mad that people actually know it.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Groovelord Neato posted:

mitch's approval rating is 36 percent. he has the fourth lowest approval rating in the senate. he has the highest disapproval rating in the senate (yeah even higher than the three senators with lower approval rating). he's still gonna be re-elected easily.

Mitch is more unpopular even than Susan Collins, which is really something.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1177984601257627649?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Mitch’s re-election was on an off year like the Alabama Senate election there would be a real chance he’d lose. But there’s no chance he losses on a Presidential year where turnout will be high.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

grandfather nurgle is kind and loving to all life

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Mitch’s re-election was on an off year like the Alabama Senate election there would be a real chance he’d lose. But there’s no chance he losses on a Presidential year where turnout will be high.

Unless Trump throws him under the bus, at which point...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It is on Republicans to primary Mitch and vote him out. I don’t think a Dem is going to beat him. I would agree that Trump’s polling there is misleading. That state is heavy Republican; they will straight ticket at the end of the day, even if they disapprove of the job Mitch is doing.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

FizFashizzle posted:

Unless Trump throws him under the bus, at which point...

Nah, even then he's fine. People turn out to vote for president who probably don't even know who McConnell is. They are voting for president, and voting down ticket for every other R just because.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So I hadn't considered this - trump's campaign is now going to spend a gently caress ton of money on propaganda to try and keep public opinion from dooming him.

Even their level of fundraising off of chuds is not sustainable enough for this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1177694038503280640

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I just love that any all possible spillover damage happens to be.... Biden. So like, cool lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when "drain the swamp" was just a last minute throw away line to set up his new cable news network for after he lost the election?

Like literally the first day he said it was the day before the election

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

skylined! posted:

So I hadn't considered this - trump's campaign is now going to spend a gently caress ton of money on propaganda to try and keep public opinion from dooming him.

Even their level of fundraising off of chuds is not sustainable enough for this poo poo.

also important addition, trump/rnc ghouls love bragging about how they're getting so much money but they always never mention that the dnc donations are, ya know, divided between like ten people still. As the race narrows the dems are going to have more and more money while the rnc dumps money on poo poo like this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grape posted:

I just love that any all possible spillover damage happens to be.... Biden. So like, cool lol.

yea it whips rear end that so many right wing talking points are all 'you know, this impeachment could hurt biden too!!!!' Like, even the lovely dems are more and more fine with that considering Warren's on the rise for them, let Biden burn if it means we get to finally take Trump on.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grape posted:

The dems will still ram him through as the nominee no matter what sadly

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

NY Daily News headline game on point:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Wasn’t there a story about trump trying to offer pelosi concessions on gun control if she dropped the whole “whistleblower” thing? Quid pro quo?

And weren’t there statements from Trump crying that Pelosi must not care about guns anymore because he was ready to work with her on guns until the impeachment inquiry started?

My google-fu is coming up short, if anyone could help me out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skylined! posted:

i mean i feel like its too late. he is already mostly hated for various other reasons. i doubt some lovely ad will help him.

th3t00t posted:

Wasn’t there a story about trump trying to offer pelosi concessions on gun control if she dropped the whole “whistleblower” thing? Quid pro quo?

And weren’t there statements from Trump crying that Pelosi must not care about guns anymore because he was ready to work with her on guns until the impeachment inquiry started?

My google-fu is coming up short, if anyone could help me out.

yes but the news got drowned in various other stuff. i think them releasing the papers or something.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

skylined! posted:

tbh I'd be fine with trump living in exiled, senile disgrace for the rest of his miserable life. It's not like he will ever see the inside of a cell.

Trump in exile would likely live out the rest of his life in an luxury hotel room or dacha provided by the generousity of some Russian oligarch. It would be a prison in anything but name and surfaces. Think something like that last half of The Man Who Fell To Earth. He'll never have the freedom to go anywhere or get the adoration that he so desires. He wouldn't control his finances: most likely the Trump family's assets would be seized, he has outlived his usefulness to lend loans to, and would be at the mercy of Putin or some oligarch willing to give him an allowance as his reward.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 28, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Trump in exile would likely live out the rest of his life in an luxury hotel room or dacha provided by the generousity of some Russian oligarch. It would be a prison in anything but name and surfaces. Think something like that last half of The Man Who Fell To Earth. He'll never have the freedom to go anywhere or get the adoration that he so desires.

that and if he did that. he would basicaly be marked Excommunicate Traitoris by the US at least and at some point if he were still breathing the US would make some deal with russia to have him brought here in chains. i mean this sounds overly #resistance bullshit, but like if russia/whoever had a president who would give them whatever for attention/money,

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 28, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That would be like the Millennial equivalent of getting Bin Laden.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Young Freud posted:

Trump in exile would likely live out the rest of his life in an luxury hotel room or dacha provided by the generousity of some Russian oligarch. It would be a prison in anything but name and surfaces. Think something like that last half of The Man Who Fell To Earth. He'll never have the freedom to go anywhere or get the adoration that he so desires. He wouldn't control his finances: most likely the Trump family's assets would be seized, he has outlived his usefulness to lend loans to, and would be at the mercy of Putin or some oligarch willing to give him an allowance as his reward.

If he's ever in exile it will be in an assisted living facility. He's deteriorating rapidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skylined! posted:

If he's ever in exile it will be in an assisted living facility. He's deteriorating rapidly.

yeah, i think at best he has a decade left in him.