Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
poll: do yall still overgear to 109% resists, or do you just hit 75% resists and then run a flask of warding that'll be reliably up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It depends on my gearing options. If I’m running heavy on rares, I’ll go for 109 because why not. But if all I have is like a belt, a ring, and boots to cap then I’ll probably get 75+ and call it whatever.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I'm running like 50 res because I get to cap with 10 endurance charges. Generally 100% uptime though I did die once in a delve which I didn't notice had monsters have a chance to steal charges...

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I wish the new mana flasks would give you their effect while in their stacked recharging phase

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I'm running like 50 res because I get to cap with 10 endurance charges. Generally 100% uptime though I did die once in a delve which I didn't notice had monsters have a chance to steal charges...

If you get hit by a Nullifier rare you’ll lose all your charges. If it’s a +elemental mod you can get torn to shreds. I would recommend getting to cap normally and using charges to stay eweak capped.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jinnigan posted:

poll: do yall still overgear to 109% resists, or do you just hit 75% resists and then run a flask of warding that'll be reliably up?

109, I'm bad at keeping flasks up 100%

Zereth posted:

I mean I don't deign to attack myself, that's what minions are for, but gettign two convoking wands with +1 all minion gems sounds very nice, if I can, uh, afford it

As others have stated, you can dual wield wands, but you can't equip a wand and a melee weapon at the same time.

Wand + shield is also ok.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

is there any reason to have more than 109 resist?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tempora Mutantur posted:

Guardian of the Phoenix.
That's about it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A couple uniques give bonuses based off of uncapped resistances. Other than that, no.

^^^ Phoenix drops your max fire res, so uncapped doesn't matter

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

There's a few uniques that give you bonuses based off your uncapped resist values. Not sure if any of them are used much these days though.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

whypick1 posted:

A couple uniques give bonuses based off of uncapped resistances. Other than that, no.

^^^ Phoenix drops your max fire res, so uncapped doesn't matter

He also has a -50% fire res debuff. I didn't know this until I looked it up afterwards to find out why my Loreweave guy who facetanked all other content would keep dying to Phoenix.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Update:

I've now given away or bought for goons.

A Xoph's Blood which we then had some great fun success rerolling
A very nice 6 link Starforge
A couple of ex to buy a weapon
A whole lot of maps, chisels and vaals to help fill out atlases
Some decent minion items
A fair chunk of currency

Hit me up if you need anything, otherwise it's going into Bank(remove only) no.9 in standard.

Not sure if you are still up for the offer but I do need an Efficient Training and a Heavy Belt with strength life and resists on them

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

He also has a -50% fire res debuff. I didn't know this until I looked it up afterwards to find out why my Loreweave guy who facetanked all other content would keep dying to Phoenix.

The best way to deal with that attack is to not get hit in the first place though.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

If you get hit by a Nullifier rare you’ll lose all your charges. If it’s a +elemental mod you can get torn to shreds. I would recommend getting to cap normally and using charges to stay eweak capped.

Oh absolutely I'm living dangerously but it's going to be a nightmare to get capped on this build. I also run wise Oak so that caps me too, as long as both aren't down at the same time it's good enough for now.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Oh absolutely I'm living dangerously but it's going to be a nightmare to get capped on this build. I also run wise Oak so that caps me too, as long as both aren't down at the same time it's good enough for now.

I believe nullifier strips off all charges and flask effects. Not a huge problem if you kill quickly, but it you suddenly find yourself dropping, odds are there is a nullifier rare somewhere nearby bashing on you.

If you're on softcore, then it's pretty easy to just take the occasional death and move on, obviously try and cap when you get the chance or when the deaths cost you a lot of time with of experience due to your level.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
If I went two wands rather than my Queen's escape I wouldn't be able to have both zombies and skellies six linked. As a Baron that's a huge deal to me. My skellies do most of the killing as they are naturally more aggressive than zombies even with both using feeding frenzy, but the zombies are my sustain. Plus it's kinda nice having 14 zombies and 12 skellies running around doing a few million DPS combined.

By the way, my escape is 3 blue 3 red and that's probably the most efficient path. It's relatively easy to roll and there are some great melee damage red supports. Even 2 blue would be workable; minion damage isn't that much better than the red gems. Feeding frenzy is essential for turning them into aggressive bastards though.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
If you use zombies purely as sustain, there's no reason for them to be in a 6 link.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Warding. I consider warding a necessity anyway, what with temporal chains maps and such. Playing a melee build, I usually put it on a chemist's silver flask with enough reduced charges used to get it to 30 charges used. That is 12 seconds of curse immunity in a flask, which should be plenty of time to kill something else and get more flask charges.

Experimenter's diamond flask of heat is another favorite of mine.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Dance Officer posted:

If you use zombies purely as sustain, there's no reason for them to be in a 6 link.

Against a boss they are around 40% of my DPS. And the higher their damage the more leech they give me. Although I kinda assume it's already irrelevantly high anyway.

Maybe I should play around in pob when I'm off on Monday and see if I can more than double my skellies dps by using two wands. Or roughly double it (making my overall DPS the same) and boost my own survivability by getting a wand and a shield.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

Warding. I consider warding a necessity anyway, what with temporal chains maps and such. Playing a melee build, I usually put it on a chemist's silver flask with enough reduced charges used to get it to 30 charges used. That is 12 seconds of curse immunity in a flask, which should be plenty of time to kill something else and get more flask charges.

Experimenter's diamond flask of heat is another favorite of mine.

Or an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of <X> gives you 26 seconds of <X> in a flask. There's normally more useful things than mana, but I like the convenience of not having to change flasks or remove auras for no-regen maps

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Blade blurry berserker is the first character I've been able to kill uber elder deathless with somewhat reliably. I've beat him in previous leagues, but it has usually taken me a couple portals. Overleech from soul tether helps a ton. I recorded a quick video of it. I stood in more poopy here than I should have, including eating a shaper slam, but I didn't die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63g2UzsqXA

I am kind of to the point where upgrades are hard to come by though, without spending 20+ ex on an item. Already been buying 21/20 gems for my main link.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What blew up the prices on Windshriek overnight? Did some streamer do a thing?

I'm gonna have to learn to sell so I can get em. It looks like Cospri's Malice goes for a bit.

edit: would a six link Terminus Est go for anything? I know the base doesn't really and it looks like it's leveling gear, but... six link?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 28, 2019

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes, a 6L Terminus will fetch something

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Holy :aaa:

puravida
Jan 4, 2019

Make sure to check poe.ninja or price your item above the lowest price you see, since price fixing is rampant in PoE - the lowest value never intends to actually sell the item, just scoop it up when YOU try to undercut them.

a good rule of thumb is if you get a bunch of offers right away, your item is underpriced - raise the value and you’ll get more currency! you might get some complaints but these are literally the people trying to scam and screw you so gently caress them lol

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
6l uniques are pretty common nowadays, thanks to legion/blight mechs. Got a 6l decree (fated to escape) early, stuck it on my baron impale champ for fast spiky skellies. Picked up a 6l Rotting Legion (zombie meatshield chest, new this league) for the low low price of 1ex. The absolute floor used to be something like 3-3.5 ex for 6l unique chests that were usable endgame.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

boredsatellite posted:

Not sure if you are still up for the offer but I do need an Efficient Training and a Heavy Belt with strength life and resists on them

I got em, see you when you log in.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Grimoire posted:

6l uniques are pretty common nowadays, thanks to legion/blight mechs. Got a 6l decree (fated to escape) early, stuck it on my baron impale champ for fast spiky skellies. Picked up a 6l Rotting Legion (zombie meatshield chest, new this league) for the low low price of 1ex. The absolute floor used to be something like 3-3.5 ex for 6l unique chests that were usable endgame.

I killed uber elder in legion wearing a 50c corrupted 6-link with life and some 20% resists on it

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvG2-m0b1mU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Amazed with all the poo poo he was tossing around that he was actually able to beat Uber Elder.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I kind of want to do a clone of that build but with Winter orb instead of fireball for damage, since it scales so well with cast speed.

You get to charge it up to max instantly, plus the orb itself fires projectiles faster based on your cast speed even when you're just moving around and not casting anything.
It seems really hard to trade for To Dust jewels this league though.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 28, 2019

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Masonity posted:

Against a boss they are around 40% of my DPS. And the higher their damage the more leech they give me. Although I kinda assume it's already irrelevantly high anyway.

Maybe I should play around in pob when I'm off on Monday and see if I can more than double my skellies dps by using two wands. Or roughly double it (making my overall DPS the same) and boost my own survivability by getting a wand and a shield.

You could switch your Bones of Ullr to Alberon's Warpath, suffer insignificant dps loss, and gain 8 passive points, and some chaos res.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

puravida posted:

Make sure to check poe.ninja or price your item above the lowest price you see, since price fixing is rampant in PoE - the lowest value never intends to actually sell the item, just scoop it up when YOU try to undercut them.

This is good advice, but the lowest seller isn't necessarily malicious - most of the time if it's an item in demand the lowest priced seller won't respond to you because the item has already sold, or because they're someone who never responds to trades when they're doing maps

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Early on in the campaign, I scored a 4% quality Vaal Summon Skeletons. That made my decision easy. Since I knew I was in good shape, I decided to give "max out and Vaal some gems in the second slot" a try this league.

On two Summon Skeleton gems, one was a bust... the other became 20% Vaal Summon Skeletons (level 22 in my gear).

As a result, I got my first Shaper kill today. Those skelly bois wrecked that boss.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

bless these boys. they aren't yes men. they show up in business casual, and get the job done. if given the right tools, they will go above and beyond to do their work. they aren't looking for recognition but they sure earn it. each one is a valuable asset to the team. with them, i feel anything is possible.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I put them in a 3link Magna Eclipsis and every one of them deserves a corner office with a window.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Zenithe posted:

I got em, see you when you log in.

Much appreciated, what is your ID? Mine is BlightFeralSummoner, are you online now?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I decide to do the "create a gem with 23% quality" bestiary recipie, and it's something I actually use in m build! For a net of 2% less than the level 20 it replaced, which it should overtake rather quickly. :toot:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm stuck in Death and Taxes and the boss won't follow me

its aggro radius is so small it'll get out of range and decide to leave when trying to path around my minions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I had to dismiss my zombies to get him to work correctly. Everything else no issue but the moment they hit him he'd try to get distance from them by running away from me.