Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

Where is this?

Which? The diving board is behind the big house, the guide was on reddit, and the other thing was behind some crates under hackerman's private island shack, near a palm tree. You need a shovel, which can be found just inside the door to the underground facility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

RBA Starblade posted:

Do they never get up on their own? I always assumed they would if not disposed.
If you knock someone out they stay down unless someone wakes them, so you have to either stash the body in a cupboard or drag it somewhere it won't be found.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Tranquilized or sedated people can be found, unless they're targets. If you sedated the target, you may lose SA when they're found. Otherwise they should wake up and be fine, provided they didn't see you.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Elendil004 posted:

Is there a good list of all the pamphlets I'm missing one :(
http://hitman2maps.com/ although I had to follow a video guide to find the one I was sure I had picked up before but apparently hadn't (it was the one on the bookshelf with the book that opens the safe room in the villa for me :haw:).

Guess I have lots of time to do all the challenges now, since the cliffhanger is for the next game/season instead of another map like I expected. I never did much of Hokkaido and never in Hitman 2 so I just tried to do SASO without any unlocks and that's kinda annoying with all the keycard doors :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

Tranquilized or sedated people can be found, unless they're targets. If you sedated the target, you may lose SA when they're found. Otherwise they should wake up and be fine, provided they didn't see you.
Accident KOs are also fine once again :v:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im inclined to believe this game sold like poo poo but if they do manage a third game i hope they carry over unlocks!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pilchenstein posted:

If you knock someone out they stay down unless someone wakes them, so you have to either stash the body in a cupboard or drag it somewhere it won't be found.

I've been making things way harder than they needed to be lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mary had a little clam posted:

Pretty chill SASO on the new map:

I started in the Shark Hut with an emetic dart gun in the Shark Hut stash. I darted the gal in 5 seconds as she walked up and she conveniently needed to puke in MY toilet. I bonked the guard, drowned the girl, bing bang boom.

Next, I snuck into the private villa, shot out the surveillance recording from the tall grass on the side where you can come through the side door in the wall on the beach. I snuck up to the second floor patio, shot a window to distract the maids, went into Steve Bannon's bedroom and put lethal pills in his pills. Snuck back down and out.

Lastly, I waited for Tech Bro on the legal side of the bridge where he walks back from his "private island". I dropped Ljudmila's guards gun and my own briefcase near the bridge and used my second, final emetic dart to hit Tech Bro on the bridge. He got sick, his bodyguard called for backup on the dropped gun but couldn't resist taking the briefcase back to a security station himself. Me and Tech Bro went to the bathroom where I drowned him and then drug him into a different stall in case his bodyguard tried to find him in the first one.

This left me to wait about 3-5 minutes on the dock for the doctor to take Steve Bannon to his now-lethal pills. He died, and off I went!

copied your start for SASO Sniper

started in the shark hut with keycard hacker, sniper and got the emetic gun from the stash. shot ljudmila and sniped her from the doorway while she was puking. if you manage to hide the bodies super fast you can catch the fitness bro walking from the pool to the lifeguard/scooter hut, so i shot him with the emetic gun from the grass and then you can club his security in the laundry room and i again sniped the target while they were puking.

for the villa guy i just entered the server room through the ladder just inside the security wall and did the server crash to get him and his guard alone down there.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Well, it took me a few days before I got my chance to finally play Haven, but.

I had fun.

I hadn't even really intended on it going this way from the start, but...I just kind of rolled with things when they started happening, here and there. It's amazing how easy it is to keep your compromised status from affecting you when you're willing to just kill, like, 30 people in a given area at a time in order to clean up a mess.

While it wasn't SA, it was SO, which was surprisingly fun, too.

Good map. Had fun. Looking forward to playing it some more.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Has anyone figured out a way to cleanly get the keys for the water scooter? It seems like you just have to do a bunch of coin fuckery on the scuba instructor.

Sulphagnist posted:

That they've talked about a third one?

How’s your pre-order of Star Wars 1313 coming?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pirate Jet posted:

Has anyone figured out a way to cleanly get the keys for the water scooter? It seems like you just have to do a bunch of coin fuckery on the scuba instructor.

How’s your pre-order of Star Wars 1313 coming?

I keep finding water scooter keys everywhere (on professional anyway).Try looking under Barclays little treehouse and at the top of the radio tower.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Pirate Jet posted:

You can emetic his scuba mask and follow him to a bathroom but I too kept finding scooter keys laying all over the place afterwards.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

mary had a little clam posted:

You can emetic his scuba mask and follow him to a bathroom but I too kept finding scooter keys laying all over the place afterwards.
Can you not just put sedative in the mask so he drops the keys immediately?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

You can subdue the scuba instructor when he's hanging out by the bushes, there is a window when nobody is looking.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Pilchenstein posted:

I was thinking for preserving Silent Assassin. But I guess supposedly non-targets waking up from sedation doesn't break SA? So then your way is faster, yeah

(however for loadout purposes there are lots of emetic flowers all over the map so THERE)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pirate Jet posted:

I don't feel like 'coin the woman in the bikini, then coin the scuba guy' constitutes 'a bunch'.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Dear god what is the curve on these sniper mastery ranks

Please tell me that when I find someone to co-op with that I don't have to level up Knight and Stone's rifles separately

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Dear god what is the curve on these sniper mastery ranks

Please tell me that when I find someone to co-op with that I don't have to level up Knight and Stone's rifles separately

Ok I won’t tell you. They def don’t level for each individual map too. Good luck in the queue.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I get that these were meant to be a timesink to inflate the play time, and I get that they're meant for score-chasing, but the loop ratios are absurd. I need to find a buddy on PC who I can cooperate with to minimize the pain.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Yea, the time investment required for the sniper maps actually makes them un-fun. If they were just "Play the map ~20 times", they wouldn't be so bad. As is, I've played each map probably 40+ times, and I've given up around mastery level 12 or 13 on all of them.

It's literally the worst part of all the sniper maps. Even after you've done all the mastery tasks, it still takes dozens of perfect runs to get the points. It's dumb bullshit that I've decided to ignore entirely.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God after careful planning I managed to emetic the entire server room and summon the three targets, and was getting ready to throw a sedative into the mix and clear up the Sniper Mastery too when my game crashed :negative:

Edit: I'd done it the other way around the first time and sedated the whole room and cleared it out before summoning them, but managed to get spotted by his bodyguard which necessitated starting over. At least I already have SASO on Mastery done for the map.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The thing I love most in Hitman 1+2 here is finding great places to snipe since it's basically the only real use case for weapons outside of going ham with an assault rifle or using a shotgun in a very particular way but I've never played the sniper maps more than a couple times each because it's really tedious how they're locked to a static point or want you to kill like twenty guys. Like they're alright but it's more fun to just bring your sniper rifle in a briefcase. I usually don't care about SASO and just try for at best suit only unless I'm really feeling like putting in effort lol

e: And even then I literally only use the Sieger Ghost since I beat the escalation

I think they'd be better if you could move along the cliff, only had a few targets, but the challenge was figuring out how to get them, using only a sniper, into your line of sight, and if you could actually lose to health damage so you can't just open fire.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 29, 2019

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pilchenstein posted:

You can also just hide in the bushes nearby and hit him with a tranq dart. It won't affect the SA rating to walk up and grab the keys as soon as he passes out.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Trying to direct all the fuckers to go meditate/do box steps or whatever with the right timing to get a clean weight rack kill on the tech guy is an absolute exercise in madness jfc

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
One thing I found weird about Haven Island is that Diana doesn't seem to have any lines for when you kill multiple targets at once. Seems like a weird omission when the main SASO method is to kill all 3 targets at the same time :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Been thinking a lot about the contract potential of Maldives this morning. Some general observations:
  • No guard disguise starts is good; makes No Disguise Changes intriguing. The staff disguises aren't super useful outside the Villa Staff one, and that disguise is really important as a start because otherwise you're never really anywhere near the villa or server farm. Fitness Instructor seems the most useless as it's 15 feet from a Suit start, but there is a fair bit going on in the fitness center that could form the nucleus of a nice compact contract.
  • This map has more "exposed" target options than practically any map in the game. Almost everyone is "in public" in some way and tons of people are paired off or in overlapping movement patterns with other characters. There are, however, a lot of blind spots, breaks in patterns, and moments where you can straight up grab a person on a main pathway, choke them out, and drag them into the bushes completely unnoticed.
  • The sightlines on this map are huge, but I think this is a good thing because of the aforementioned blind spots; despite how exposed you often feel, people are very often just not looking at you. This is going to be an amazing map for sniper rifle shenanigans and sniping contracts generally as you exploit blind spots both at where 47 is standing and where the targets are. I don't think it's a coincidence that the unlock for this map is a body-piercing sniper rifle either, now that mutual kills with a sniper rifle actually preserve SA even if the targets can see each other. That couple on the natural beach for example is only really noticed by the jogger lady, and it's very much possible to snipe both of them at the same time when the woman is looking for seashells next to the man.
  • That said, the radio tower seems like a trap. If it had a start and a smuggle point like the Water Tower in Colorado it'd be neat, but I wonder if there will ever be a point it's faster to climb all the way up there and snipe versus just doing some ground level shoot-and-scoot stuff. Could be fun for villa stuff since it overlooks the front, but it'd be way more interesting if you could see the back of the villa.
  • Related, but doing the Wilson the Killer challenge revealed just how many NPCs stand directly under coconuts. You can easily get 4 kills from blind coconut drops alone without luring anyone. Because of the huge sightlines, it will be really interesting to see how those targets could be incorporated into things.
  • There are three evidence recorders; two are in the villa (upstairs security room and server farm), one is in the radio tower ground floor room. The cameras are actually pretty good here, so Perfect Shooter to prevent people disabling cameras (without explosives/EMP) could lead to some interesting challenges.
  • I have to test whether the Dundee exit requires the main targets to be dead or not; many easter egg exits do, but some (such as the window in New York) do not. Forcing people to route 16 inflatable crocodile poppings in addition to a killing could make for an interesting routing issue. The snorkel exit requires you be dressed as the Scuba Instructor and I don't think his disguise is available on-map, so obviously a fun thing to do would be trying to find a way to do Required Exit and No Pacifications/Targets Only with that, if it's possible at all. The speedboat and scooter exits do not require KOing anyone to use I think, and the seaplane and main dock exits don't require any keys at all.
  • There is some hilarious potential for accident death chains in the shallow water. Under certain circumstances the water can be shallow enough to walk in but deep enough that any NPC who crouches to check a body or item dies from an accident. Given enough people spotting the bodies, this can happen over and over. Best place to see this is if you kill the Ship Captain while he's by the railing of the tiki bar; if he flies far enough out, he'll land deep enough that everyone who comes to check on him dies. Leave a corpse or two in the sight of a camera in the server room and people will do the same for lethal poison, though the odds of that ever being useful in a contract are slim.
  • Speaking of which, the shallow water allows for very, very easy clean kills via legshots or sniper rifle bodyshot knockdowns. The Ghost may not always be the preferred option here because blasting someone such that they're still "alive" when they hit the water and die of an accident kill will be a fantastic option.
  • Propane is uncommon on the map; there are two flasks in the villa grill area, one near the pickup spot by the boat storage area of the villa, one under the hut near the pirate treasure spot on the private island, and one in the tiki bar kitchen.
  • The map has a fair array of available weaponry. There is a silenced pistol on-map, ARs and at least one SMG carried by guards and I think some in the saferoom behind the bookshelf in the villa, and two remote mines in a couple of the security rooms.
An unrelated discovery is that dart guns share ammo, though they cannot be unloaded; as a result, using the Kalmer and Sieker together in your loadout will give you two extra darts instead of one, allowing you to load both those extra darts into whichever of the two you like. Carrying both essentially means having up to 1 shot of one dart gun and 3 shots of the other. There are on-map Kalmers in Hawke's Bay and New York as well, for picking up even more ammo. I don't know how useful that would necessarily be, but it's a thing. Oh and the Sieker is obviously broken as people have already grasped, amazing at isolating targets and all. It's also amazing for getting rid of people, stopping trespassing enforcement, and crucially it works on No Pacifications contracts where the Kalmer does not. Either gun works well on Hide All Bodies, provided you let the tranquilized people be found.

The Black Almond's Dagger is an interesting unlock. It's your standard melee weapon but it also counts as a single Consumed Poison source, meaning it's now possible to bring three lethal Consumed Poison sources onto a map; if you want to force a scavenge, you'll now need to select four targets. Interestingly, 47 has to bring the dagger out to use its poison source, making it an illegal action under pretty much any circumstances; either you're a waiter/staffer and can't be holding a weapon, or you're a guard and poisoning something is suspicious. Basically no one can be looking at you when you use it, as opposed to the vial/pills which are non-suspicious as long as you're in an appropriate disguise. Despite the obvious slot efficiency, it does have a downside as a result (as opposed to something like the Fish or Mini Gold Bar which are basically all upside).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hang on, does the fish have multiple uses? I thought it was just a funny knockout stick.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there something I am missing to get the double kill on Steven and Ljudmila? I’ve killed Tyson and handed over the USB, nobody found Tyson’s body, and afaik, Steven and Ljudmila are supposed to come to the spa and get in the jacuzzi together. I left the game running and played some Stardew on my phone, and Ljudmila came to take a dip several times, came back to my room for a massage, but Steven is stuck in his loop of wanting to ride the scooter, working out, running around his island and then wanting to ride the scooter.

Do I need to go give him keys for his jet ski, for him to come to the spa afterwards?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dabir posted:

Hang on, does the fish have multiple uses? I thought it was just a funny knockout stick.
It can also be used on plates to serve as a food item, similar to muffins, and can be poisoned when you do so. It's a marginal extra use, but it is something it has over every other knockout unlock except the Small Gold Bar (acts like a coin for distraction purposes) and the Handyman's Wrench (is a wrench, which is actually quite good on Haven as wrenches are uncommon and there's lots of stuff you can wrench). Arguably the Meaty Bone is also useful in that it uses a better animation than other KO items, but the Meaty Bone itself has minimal use outside of Santa Fortuna.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

rotinaj posted:

Is there something I am missing to get the double kill on Steven and Ljudmila? I’ve killed Tyson and handed over the USB, nobody found Tyson’s body, and afaik, Steven and Ljudmila are supposed to come to the spa and get in the jacuzzi together. I left the game running and played some Stardew on my phone, and Ljudmila came to take a dip several times, came back to my room for a massage, but Steven is stuck in his loop of wanting to ride the scooter, working out, running around his island and then wanting to ride the scooter.

Do I need to go give him keys for his jet ski, for him to come to the spa afterwards?

I think you might also have to pacify Jason Portman.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hitman, Aaaah! Fighter of the Portman, Aaaah! Champion of the gun

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The puking in trashcans issue is still annoying, trying to drown someone in Hokkaido is maddening when they go into a bathroom and puke into the trashcan that sits next to the toilet :argh:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

Been thinking a lot about the contract potential of Maldives this morning. Some general observations:
  • No guard disguise starts is good; makes No Disguise Changes intriguing. The staff disguises aren't super useful outside the Villa Staff one, and that disguise is really important as a start because otherwise you're never really anywhere near the villa or server farm. Fitness Instructor seems the most useless as it's 15 feet from a Suit start, but there is a fair bit going on in the fitness center that could form the nucleus of a nice compact contract.
  • This map has more "exposed" target options than practically any map in the game. Almost everyone is "in public" in some way and tons of people are paired off or in overlapping movement patterns with other characters. There are, however, a lot of blind spots, breaks in patterns, and moments where you can straight up grab a person on a main pathway, choke them out, and drag them into the bushes completely unnoticed.
  • The sightlines on this map are huge, but I think this is a good thing because of the aforementioned blind spots; despite how exposed you often feel, people are very often just not looking at you. This is going to be an amazing map for sniper rifle shenanigans and sniping contracts generally as you exploit blind spots both at where 47 is standing and where the targets are. I don't think it's a coincidence that the unlock for this map is a body-piercing sniper rifle either, now that mutual kills with a sniper rifle actually preserve SA even if the targets can see each other. That couple on the natural beach for example is only really noticed by the jogger lady, and it's very much possible to snipe both of them at the same time when the woman is looking for seashells next to the man.
  • That said, the radio tower seems like a trap. If it had a start and a smuggle point like the Water Tower in Colorado it'd be neat, but I wonder if there will ever be a point it's faster to climb all the way up there and snipe versus just doing some ground level shoot-and-scoot stuff. Could be fun for villa stuff since it overlooks the front, but it'd be way more interesting if you could see the back of the villa.
  • Related, but doing the Wilson the Killer challenge revealed just how many NPCs stand directly under coconuts. You can easily get 4 kills from blind coconut drops alone without luring anyone. Because of the huge sightlines, it will be really interesting to see how those targets could be incorporated into things.
  • There are three evidence recorders; two are in the villa (upstairs security room and server farm), one is in the radio tower ground floor room. The cameras are actually pretty good here, so Perfect Shooter to prevent people disabling cameras (without explosives/EMP) could lead to some interesting challenges.
  • I have to test whether the Dundee exit requires the main targets to be dead or not; many easter egg exits do, but some (such as the window in New York) do not. Forcing people to route 16 inflatable crocodile poppings in addition to a killing could make for an interesting routing issue. The snorkel exit requires you be dressed as the Scuba Instructor and I don't think his disguise is available on-map, so obviously a fun thing to do would be trying to find a way to do Required Exit and No Pacifications/Targets Only with that, if it's possible at all. The speedboat and scooter exits do not require KOing anyone to use I think, and the seaplane and main dock exits don't require any keys at all.
  • There is some hilarious potential for accident death chains in the shallow water. Under certain circumstances the water can be shallow enough to walk in but deep enough that any NPC who crouches to check a body or item dies from an accident. Given enough people spotting the bodies, this can happen over and over. Best place to see this is if you kill the Ship Captain while he's by the railing of the tiki bar; if he flies far enough out, he'll land deep enough that everyone who comes to check on him dies. Leave a corpse or two in the sight of a camera in the server room and people will do the same for lethal poison, though the odds of that ever being useful in a contract are slim.
  • Speaking of which, the shallow water allows for very, very easy clean kills via legshots or sniper rifle bodyshot knockdowns. The Ghost may not always be the preferred option here because blasting someone such that they're still "alive" when they hit the water and die of an accident kill will be a fantastic option.
  • Propane is uncommon on the map; there are two flasks in the villa grill area, one near the pickup spot by the boat storage area of the villa, one under the hut near the pirate treasure spot on the private island, and one in the tiki bar kitchen.
  • The map has a fair array of available weaponry. There is a silenced pistol on-map, ARs and at least one SMG carried by guards and I think some in the saferoom behind the bookshelf in the villa, and two remote mines in a couple of the security rooms.
An unrelated discovery is that dart guns share ammo, though they cannot be unloaded; as a result, using the Kalmer and Sieker together in your loadout will give you two extra darts instead of one, allowing you to load both those extra darts into whichever of the two you like. Carrying both essentially means having up to 1 shot of one dart gun and 3 shots of the other. There are on-map Kalmers in Hawke's Bay and New York as well, for picking up even more ammo. I don't know how useful that would necessarily be, but it's a thing. Oh and the Sieker is obviously broken as people have already grasped, amazing at isolating targets and all. It's also amazing for getting rid of people, stopping trespassing enforcement, and crucially it works on No Pacifications contracts where the Kalmer does not. Either gun works well on Hide All Bodies, provided you let the tranquilized people be found.

The Black Almond's Dagger is an interesting unlock. It's your standard melee weapon but it also counts as a single Consumed Poison source, meaning it's now possible to bring three lethal Consumed Poison sources onto a map; if you want to force a scavenge, you'll now need to select four targets. Interestingly, 47 has to bring the dagger out to use its poison source, making it an illegal action under pretty much any circumstances; either you're a waiter/staffer and can't be holding a weapon, or you're a guard and poisoning something is suspicious. Basically no one can be looking at you when you use it, as opposed to the vial/pills which are non-suspicious as long as you're in an appropriate disguise. Despite the obvious slot efficiency, it does have a downside as a result (as opposed to something like the Fish or Mini Gold Bar which are basically all upside).

While I never dive into contract mode myself, I do enjoy reading about the edge cases of AI interaction and the various silly things you can break them with. Thanks for this.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

they said the snow map wouldnt be a grind to get the level 20 sniper

well that was a fuckin lie

Nakar posted:

There are three evidence recorders; two are in the villa (upstairs security room and server farm), one is in the radio tower ground floor room. The cameras are actually pretty good here, so Perfect Shooter to prevent people disabling cameras (without explosives/EMP) could lead to some interesting challenges.

isn't there a fourth one in the basement where the 3 targets go? radio tower, ground floor security room in villa, secret security room with bodyguard disguise, basement?

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 29, 2019

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

where the red fern gropes posted:

isn't there a fourth one in the basement where the 3 targets go?

That’s the server farm.

Thanks y’all, it was Jason Portman. Got the double kill.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Wow, that ET was a huge pain.

Starts on a rooftop under guard with no* safe disguises. Then walks out in Marrakesh public areas for the rest of the level with two bodyguards almost all of the time.

There's an electrecution trap outside the door she comes out. Not only does she not walk through it naturally, but the handyman walks into it, literally messing with the wiring 15 seconds before she comes out. This was a job for cheese phone. (Technically, I don't need any more ETs so I could have sniper perched, but I'm bad at sniping.)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Flakey posted:

I think you might also have to pacify Jason Portman.

Yeah, if you listen to her phone call to Stephen, she says something along the lines of I just need to get to X's laptop! You can also unlock the trapdoor in portmans and she'll off herself there on this route.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

Starts on a rooftop under guard with no* safe disguises. Then walks out in Marrakesh public areas for the rest of the level with two bodyguards almost all of the time.

There's an electrecution trap outside the door she comes out. Not only does she not walk through it naturally, but the handyman walks into it, literally messing with the wiring 15 seconds before she comes out. This was a job for cheese phone. (Technically, I don't need any more ETs so I could have sniper perched, but I'm bad at sniping.)

I think the intended method is to shoot a thing to fall on her and accident kill her. But both times I did this one I got so frustrated after trying to find her for ages and ages I ended up just shooting her in the head with the silenced pistol from the rooftops.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is there some hidden condition to the "Don't Look Down" challenge in Hokkaido or is the game just loving with me (ie. bugged)?

I'm triggering a target lockdown on the lawyer lady and she runs to the cable car, I shoot it as it leaves and it breaks off and I get an accident kill for her, but the challenge never pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

marktheando posted:

I think the intended method is to shoot a thing to fall on her and accident kill her. But both times I did this one I got so frustrated after trying to find her for ages and ages I ended up just shooting her in the head with the silenced pistol from the rooftops.

I always took the fact that she looks over the roof and she's known for pushing old people down stairs as a hint that you should push her off the top. In the end I started as one of Zaydan's soldiers, climbed the pipe to get up to the back of the headmaster's house, coined one guard around the corner and tranquilised him, then coined the other guard down the stairs and stuck her with a poison needle. Shimmy back down the pipe, leg it to an exit. No problem.