Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Recoome posted:

look i'm really sorry to have to put cold water on your furious masturbatory fantasy, but it's really unlikely that ScoMo's wife is a cryptofascist

Or she had the misfortune of being in the same room as Don Jnr for 30 mins, and really that's all it takes for the brain worms to do their work when you're already down with locking up browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Don Dongington posted:

Or she had the misfortune of being in the same room as Don Jnr for 30 mins, and really that's all it takes for the brain worms to do their work when you're already down with locking up browns.

she married Scott Morrison so the ground was already quite fertile

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Dire Lemming posted:

Congratulations, you have correctly identified a difference between the swastika and the ok symbol. Next try to identify a difference that is meaningful to the conversation like say how they are not both existing symbols that have had their meanings changed by how they are used and the people who use them.

You live inside a stupid post modern fantasy world where watching too much tv is a path to wisdom and not just extended adolescence. Get a grip.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

i know we have fun throwing around terms like "brain worms" but this isn't how human beings work, going from strangers (albeit fellow travellers) to "so you've heard about pepe the frog, right" is a fairly complicated social maneuver

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Amethyst posted:

You live inside a stupid post modern fantasy world where watching too much tv is a path to wisdom and not just extended adolescence. Get a grip.

Can you drop the ad hominem bullshit and maybe try joining the rest of the thread in the discussion for a change

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Oh yeah man she is man she’s a nazi listen: I’ve read the web boards. It’s legit

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Can you drop the ad hominem bullshit and maybe try joining the rest of the thread in the discussion for a change

Shut the hell up.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Dire Lemming posted:

Your need to use the ok symbol is far outweighed by the need of the victims of white supremacy to recognise and call it out.

Oh my god

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
don't stop now I'm so close

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
:ughh:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

oh hey guys whats going on in here https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-26/flooding-rains-infant-milk-demand-buoy-regional-dairy-industry/11549534

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Don't see any POC in that picture Mr speaker

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This is good news for pretty much everyone down there. Dollar milk hosed up a lot of the Gippsland economy. It nearly killed Murray Goulburn too.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Amethyst posted:

Shut the hell up.

The reason I’m not going to seriously argue about scomos wife giving a white power gang sign is that it’s stupid on its face. What’s more interesting to me to debate and discuss is the decisions you conspiracy theorists made to see the world this way. How much brain-poisoning media you couch potatos consume to see a woman holding her child steady for a photo and conclude she’s making a nazi gang sign because the world works that way.

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 29, 2019

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Amethyst posted:

The reason I’m (absolute genious) not going to seriously argue about (the lovely) scomos wife giving a white power gang sign (FAKE NEWS!!!) is that it’s stupid on its face. What’s more interesting to me to debate and discuss is the decisions you conspiracy theorists made to see the world this way (WITCH HUNT). How much brain-poisoning FAKE NEWS media you couch potatos consumed to see a woman holding her child steady for a photo and conclude she’s making a nazi gang sign because the world works that way. NO COLLUSION!!

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Amethyst posted:

The reason I’m not going to seriously argue about scomos wife giving a white power gang sign is that it’s stupid on its face. What’s more interesting to me to debate and discuss is the decisions you conspiracy theorists made to see the world this way. How much brain-poisoning media you couch potatos consumed to see a woman holding her child steady for a photo and conclude she’s making a nazi gang sign because the world works that way.

You know I've never actually seen someone straight up admit that they weren't actually debating and were just attacking a strawman the whole time. Good job I guess? Half of your responses were to me who quick hint stated outright I don't believe that the gesture was intentional but good effort nonetheless.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

two things can be simultaneously true

1. 👌 is a white supremacist symbol, as proven by white supremacists using it as such

2. Morrison's wife didn't intentionally use it as a white supremacist symbol, and the only reason the Liberal Party twitter deleted that tweet is because they were (understandably) swamped by leftists calling them white supremacists

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Venomous posted:

two things can be simultaneously true

1. 👌 is a white supremacist symbol, as proven by white supremacists using it as such

2. Morrison's wife didn't intentionally use it as a white supremacist symbol, and the only reason the Liberal Party twitter deleted that tweet is because they were (understandably) swamped by leftists calling them white supremacists

3. The liberal party are, by and large, white supremacists.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Dire Lemming posted:

You know I've never actually seen someone straight up admit that they weren't actually debating and were just attacking a strawman the whole time. Good job I guess? Half of your responses were to me who quick hint stated outright I don't believe that the gesture was intentional but good effort nonetheless.

You misunderstand.

What you are saying is dumb. Too dumb for MOST people. Say this garbage in meatspace and you will be laughed at. It’s only online where we need to hem and haw and act like your idiotic conspiracy theory driven by 4chan trolls as if there is something to it.

I’m interested in the way the broken online discourse empowers the worst kind of people:

1) right wing trolls, and
2) credulous idiots who think that giving those trolls credence is the way to fight them.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The Liberal party voted in the senate to declare an internet nazi slogan, "it's ok to be white", because they thought they could get away with it

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Don Dongington posted:

Frankly, it's nice to be out of the top 3 most embarassing countries in the world for a brief moment.

Also Richmond smashed it.

Go the loving tigers!

I went to the family day and they asked dusty if they made it to swan street but he said the cops didn’t let the bus there.

Another reason to hate cops

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

White supremacists tried to make drinking milk a white supremacist thing. It all adds up. :tinfoil:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbf the thing about effective antifascism is that you have to know your enemy, and when you dismiss online fascist activity as incredulous trolling and not the serious problem that it is, you're giving the fash the plausible deniability that they want instead of actually fighting it

treat every online far-right troll as the real threat that they are, and treat every sign of far-right activity irl as the real threat it is, and hey presto! you have yourself an effective antifascist movement

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Venomous posted:

tbf the thing about effective antifascism is that you have to know your enemy, and when you dismiss online fascist activity as incredulous trolling and not the serious problem that it is, you're giving the fash the plausible deniability that they want instead of actually fighting it

treat every online far-right troll as the real threat that they are, and treat every sign of far-right activity irl as the real threat it is, and hey presto! you have yourself an effective antifascist movement

What does that have to do with calling the PMs wife a nazi, you nit wit?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/latikambourke/status/1178249371630088192

lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is this funny? This is literally Gillard's job now.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Amethyst posted:

idk, what does talking about 'brain-poisoning media' and calling online fascism an 'idiotic conspiracy theory driven by 4chan trolls' have to do with the very real global fascist threat that we're facing?

like, who really gives a poo poo about Morrison's wife?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

Why is this funny? This is literally Gillard's job now.

No but see she's addressing the actual* government, not the Labour opposition, therefore she's a secret Tory or something.

*shitshow

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Given the state of the UK's government and her previous career it might have been a good idea to drop by the Labour conference.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
In fairness, the Tory's have managed to have two female PMs now and managed not let them gently caress up all on their own rather than whiteanting and then knifing them, so...

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Amethyst posted:

fuckin hell you need a wank

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
when you start getting so angry that you sound like someones grandma, I suggest a long bath with a beverage of your choice

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Auspol October: 1488 hills for Amethyst to die on

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
:discourse:

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Amethyst posted:

You misunderstand.

What you are saying is dumb. Too dumb for MOST people. Say this garbage in meatspace and you will be laughed at. It’s only online where we need to hem and haw and act like your idiotic conspiracy theory driven by 4chan trolls as if there is something to it.

I’m interested in the way the broken online discourse empowers the worst kind of people:

1) right wing trolls, and
2) credulous idiots who think that giving those trolls credence is the way to fight them.

Question, what makes right wing trolls the worst kind of people if the things they're doing are actually just harmless jokes? You're trying to accuse me of doing harm by giving them credibility (to which lol but pass on arguing that with you) in the same post you claim that the idea they cause harm is a conspiracy theory.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They want you to have a leftist Twitter meltdown over every little thing because it's funny; so mission accomplished on their part

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

They want you to have a leftist Twitter meltdown over every little thing because it's funny; so mission accomplished on their part

Yes, because it's everyone else who's melting down.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Dire Lemming posted:

Question, what makes right wing trolls the worst kind of people if the things they're doing are actually just harmless jokes? You're trying to accuse me of doing harm by giving them credibility (to which lol but pass on arguing that with you) in the same post you claim that the idea they cause harm is a conspiracy theory.

Them, and you, are the worst kind of people because you both wander around trying to get people to take stupid conspiracy theories seriously. You degrade the discussion. I won’t ever take anything you or don donington say seriously ever again.

The worst part is there are thousands of you.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

the new thread title sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh no, the ~discussion~, whatever shall we do to bring back the rational discourse of *checks notes* ignoring everything white supremacists do because it's just a joke, like on Top Gear