Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's not impeachment. trump will never be convicted in the senate.

Almost certainly correct, nevertheless the Democrats should attempt to get him convicted anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i want want audible loud diarrhea, like stupid south park joke level making GBS threads.

This one and everytime they try to get back on track it happens again.

*loud making GBS threads sound*

Host: ok and the-

*loud making GBS threads sound*

Moderator: Mr. President, are you o-

Trump: *loud grunt* *loud making GBS threads sound*

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's not impeachment. trump will never be convicted in the senate.

It’s an uphill battle, but he’s such a criminal, a conviction isn’t an impossible outcome if public opinion turns hard enough.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Nihilarian posted:

i hadnt heard that

If you just google like “Manafort daughter text messages” then you’ll find the transcripts of his two daughters talking candidly about how much of a monster their dad is. It’s :nms: though.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
How'd they know? It's a mystery for the ages.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1178202801106800640

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/1178272089427644416

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Number go up

I wonder if the GOP can help but react to these polls

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

50% of the country believes it’s a serious problem...for Hillary and Biden!!!!!

I don’t have faith in “independents” and “moderate republicans”, they’re just temporarily embarrassed chuds.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Number go up

I wonder if the GOP can help but react to these polls

Why would Republicans care about polls that don’t show splitting of the Republican base, 2/3rds is about the right amount to reflect people who are and aren’t Republicans overall and Republicans have routinely done deeply unpopular things so long as they still have base support.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
https://twitter.com/milbank/status/1177921621740445696?s=21

It’s like the abstract racism Lee Atwater outlined but it’s moving in reverse.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if it's a real problem that one party will push and push and push as long as their base is happy while the other will use the disapproval of the other party's base as excuse to not do anything. I can't imagine the impact of that on the politics of a country...

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Why would Republicans care about polls that don’t show splitting of the Republican base, 2/3rds is about the right amount to reflect people who are and aren’t Republicans overall and Republicans have routinely done deeply unpopular things so long as they still have base support.

Eh, a big enough wave could see them lose another 20-30 house seats on top of the 40 they lost in 2018 as well as half a dozen senate seats. They'd kind of prefer that not to happen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Because the key to Republican getting elected is low turnout.

Republicans at all levels have a very high floor but a low ceiling; the opposite is true for Democrats.

There are vulnerable senators, and to make matters worse theyre in places like Georgia and Texas. At some point they're going to have to decide between toeing that line and pissing off more democrats or trying to mitigate that and pissing off Trump.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Charlz Guybon posted:

Eh, a big enough wave could see them lose another 20-30 house seats on top of the 40 they lost in 2018 as well as half a dozen senate seats. They'd kind of prefer that not to happen.

Probably on an individual level, but on a structural level Republicans know they have a strategically easier time than their opposition. All Republicans have to do is pull all the wires out of the box and then ride the right wing grift machine when they’re out of office. The next Democratic government will inevitably fail to fix all the damage quickly enough and then Republicans just ride the wave back in. “Starve the Beast” has been an extraordinarily successful long term strategy in tandem with the Southern Strategy.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
How are there still people insisting that Democrats absolutely must kowtow to conservative voters in 2019? How many times does that policy have to fail for the lesson to sink in?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

FizFashizzle posted:

Because the key to Republican getting elected is low turnout.

Yeah, it's this. Republicans want to get everything back to "normal" so liberals go back to not showing up to vote. Consequently, this is also what the Democrat establishment wants.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

At some point McConnell will have to make the call whether he lets a senate impeachment trial play out in a way that saves the party or saves Trump.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

How are there still people insisting that Democrats absolutely must kowtow to conservative voters in 2019? How many times does that policy have to fail for the lesson to sink in?

The key to electoral dominance is the northern suburbs of Atlanta. I am a highly paid K street consultant from an Ivy League School, therefore

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Retro42 posted:

At some point McConnell will have to make the call whether he lets a senate impeachment trial play out in a way that saves the party or saves Trump.

If that comes to a vote, even if it doesn't pass, there will be GOP senators that vote impeachment.

Of course if it doesn't matter, Manchin will vote against impeachment.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178285698111168512

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Watching Rudy's interview on This Week sure was something

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

If that comes to a vote, even if it doesn't pass, there will be GOP senators that vote impeachment.

Of course if it doesn't matter, Manchin will vote against impeachment.

I’m not so sure of that. A vote to impeach in the senate is more than an up or down vote. It’s more of a guiltily or not guilty.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1178297832798871554

their messaging.. is not on point

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/LianaPatricia_/status/1178045890268946432

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Republican strategy on this is going to be literally the same thing they've done for everything else... throw a million of their paid actors on cable news shows and the social media as possible, shift the conversation away from the unlawfulness of the president's actions to some other idiotic tit-for-tat argument, then just bury the whole thing when public support for impeachment hits 49% after a drawn-out misinformation campaign while the media already has moved onto something else. Worked for Mueller, worked for DACA, worked for gun legislation, worked for the government shutdown, will probably work for outright crimes, because the Republicans have no actual interest in the rule of law if it doesn't also advance their corporate owners.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eke out posted:

their messaging.. is not on point

more evidence lol:

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1178302939359784960

even jake tapper isn't letting people get away with this which is remarkable in and of itself

https://twitter.com/DNCWarRoom/status/1178300376988241921

nor is chris wallace (although, by default, chris wallace is better than tapper)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Yeah Steve, that's kinda the problem :downs:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamBlickstein/status/1178149098979024897

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Those dogs look like they'd like nothing more than to escape the hell they're currently in.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Mods???

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Speaking of this soulless ghoul, I in no way endorse the business concept of Luminary, but this podcast by the New Yorker about Ivanka is excellent. She’s as bad as her piece of poo poo father.

I will be so happy if Trump’s disastrous presidency destroys the entire family.

https://luminarypodcasts.com/listen/new-york-magazine/tabloid-luminary-premium/introducing-tabloid/b1181575-d3ed-48de-9c74-006f458ba110

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Every time that guy says something and it’s posted here I get a probation. Going to try to refrain this time.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All of the President's corruption which has been ignored up to now is suddenly in the spot light and it feels very interesting to see the media catch up to years of posters here and elsewhere posting things.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jealous Cow posted:

Speaking of this soulless ghoul, I in no way endorse the business concept of Luminary, but this podcast by the New Yorker about Ivanka is excellent. She’s as bad as her piece of poo poo father.

I will be so happy if Trump’s disastrous presidency destroys the entire family.

https://luminarypodcasts.com/listen/new-york-magazine/tabloid-luminary-premium/introducing-tabloid/b1181575-d3ed-48de-9c74-006f458ba110

that atlantic article about how jared and ivanka were at a loss for why their new york socialite friends hated them for helping trump was very lol.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’m the giant block letter SHAKESPEARE book prop

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

that atlantic article about how jared and ivanka were at a loss for why their new york socialite friends hated them for helping trump was very lol.

Honestly I don’t really believe it. I was hanging out with a trust fund girl in NYC just after the mortgage meltdown and I don’t believe there’s any behavior, as long as it was not expressed in the group itself and was in the furtherance of wealth, that would have gotten you ostracized.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Kissinger looks loving terrible. Imagine living like that. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, except for Kissinger.

gently caress Kissinger

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Data Graham posted:

I’m the giant block letter SHAKESPEARE book prop

I'm the noneuclidian cube sculpture on her other side

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
SNL writers are reading the thread and enacting it on TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKrWUoTq4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jealous Cow posted:

Honestly I don’t really believe it. I was hanging out with a trust fund girl in NYC just after the mortgage meltdown and I don’t believe there’s any behavior, as long as it was not expressed in the group itself and was in the furtherance of wealth, that would have gotten you ostracized.

Ehh, trump is HATED by the New York elite for various.now that he is president. He is hated more and thats extended to his shitfuck family.