Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Play posted:

Yeah give him a chance, he's still only 30 but recovering from an injury like that is a process. I believe he'll justify his contract sooner than later

I really hope so. I haven't completely given up hope on him but watching him try to run down #31 for the Chiefs with a great angle and #31 almost get by him down the sideline was oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, yea the dude almost got by him but almost doesnt pay the bills

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

i'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, yea the dude almost got by him but almost doesnt pay the bills

That's when he had an easy angle and unless the guy did a good cut inside was gonna get run out of bounds. The idea is that if he's that slow there, imagine how much he's struggling in coverage when you really need that speed at the safety position. He needs to get some of it back or his days in this league are numbered. He's only 30 so we can hope. Even if it's next year. That could even help us. Cause people would be like "oh yeah he's done" and then he comes back and goes wild. And then we make other improvements to the secondary in the offseason and then Jackson is even better. And then next year can be our year if those things go right.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
congrats and welcome to the redskins for being honorary AFCN members for tonight

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

congrats and welcome to the redskins for being honorary AFCN members for tonight

I wish we were in their division.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

being on national tv every week clobbering lovely nfc east teams would be pretty cool but then id have reason to read anything an eagles fan has ever thought about anything and jesus loving christ

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is Laram Jackson an elite QB? Sources say no. The Cleveland Browns have been slated to derail the air game of Raven’s starter and force him to run the ball, something he is not comfortable doing as a traditional pocket passer. All the predictions favor the Browns by at least 69 points and honestly it’s hard to blame them based on the offensive juggernaut showcases they’ve put up so far this year. Sure the Ravens May have “won more games” than the Browns (technicality I’m sure) but the AFC North lead is on the line this Sunday and whoever wins the game will also win the super bowl (unless it’s the Ravens (it won’t be)). Congrats to the Browns on another undefeated championship season!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm like 99% sure playing against the Ravens pass defense is exactly what Baker needs to get back on track.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm like 99% sure playing against the Ravens pass defense is exactly what Baker needs to get back on track.

I'm pretty sure our line vs. your front 7 will be ummm problematic for Baker

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

from what i can gather the ravens front 7 is mostly just matt judon which hell, i am for. that means they can play like 9 dbs and one of them may cover a dude

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Ghost Dog posted:

from what i can gather the ravens front 7 is mostly just matt judon which hell, i am for. that means they can play like 9 dbs and one of them may cover a dude

but we already know that one is marlon humphrey, so might as well rush eight instead

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

ravens 6-10
steelers 6-10
browns 5-11
bengals 3-13

hm. Not bad. take 2 losses off the ravens and put them on the steelers. Posting in a page 2 thread. Andy Dalton

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Browns week is so strange. It's like something with the certainty of the past is trapped in the future and it will only find its home once the game is over. The Ravens will win tomorrow because it simply could not be otherwise.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the whole afc north plays football this week. except the bengals which will experience a football-like substance, not to be confused with the real thing

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Check this:

Cincinnati Bengals

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Can't see it, ain't football. I have this rare condition called Football Fever. It makes it hard to notice non-football content and poisons my mind with meaningless football chatter. They say it's terminal but I'm going to fight this thing. Fight like Marshall Yanda fights to get those 2nd level blocks on a delayed run up the A-Gap...

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Okay, okay, well how about this?

:

The Cincinnati Bengals

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Everybody is talking about the Cleveland Browns. Baker Mayfield is primed and ready to toss 10 touchdowns to the dynamic Browns receivers. The Ravens secondary is depleted and their defense in general is historically bad as always. They’ve fluked their way into a 2-1 start due to generous reffing and surely some bribes. Jackson has fallen out of favor with the fake news media who had announced him as the next coming after only two weeks, and he will come crashing back to earth after the Browns contain him and force twelve turnovers (in the first half). Will he be benched for the backup QB (Flacco???)? I believe it’s inevitable.

Bigass Moth posted:

Everybody is talking about the Cleveland Browns. Baker Mayfield is primed and ready to toss 10 touchdowns to the dynamic Browns receivers. The Ravens secondary is depleted and their defense in general is historically bad as always. They’ve fluked their way into a 2-1 start due to generous reffing and surely some bribes. Jackson has fallen out of favor with the fake news media who had announced him as the next coming after only two weeks, and he will come crashing back to earth after the Browns contain him and force twelve turnovers (in the first half). Will he be benched for the backup QB (Flacco???)? I believe it’s inevitable.

To the surprise of nobody, everything I predicted happened.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 29, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I feel like this is a really huge game for both teams. And I really don't have a take on what's gonna happen. My gut tells me the Browns are starting to get it together and will feast on our secondary. But I don't know how true that is. To me my biggest spotlight is on our offense. We know the defense will suck. But the offense while the final numbers didn't look that bad if you watched you could see things were kind of a mess. I feel like if we get our poo poo back together we should be able to win. But that if we don't the Browns can do enough to our woeful defense that they will win. It's a big game. I honestly could go as far as to say this game will determine the likely division winner. Even though it's this early.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

I feel like this is a really huge game for both teams. And I really don't have a take on what's gonna happen. My gut tells me the Browns are starting to get it together and will feast on our secondary. But I don't know how true that is. To me my biggest spotlight is on our offense. We know the defense will suck. But the offense while the final numbers didn't look that bad if you watched you could see things were kind of a mess. I feel like if we get our poo poo back together we should be able to win. But that if we don't the Browns can do enough to our woeful defense that they will win. It's a big game. I honestly could go as far as to say this game will determine the likely division winner. Even though it's this early.

Don't worry Kawalimus New Coke will never be better than the original. The same will be true of the Browns forever and ever Amen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns are going to win if they score more points than the Ravens.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Don't worry Kawalimus New Coke will never be better than the original. The same will be true of the Browns forever and ever Amen.

Wouldn't the Ravens be New Coke in this scenario? So we kind of blow up that analogy. They got rid of old coke for new coke but then everyone hated new coke so they brought back old coke quick. Or do you mean the new Browns are new coke and the old browns are old coke not counting the Ravens as any coke. If you do then I understand more. But not really.

I hate soda. I don't get how people drink the stuff.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just want Clowball. Or a Browns win. But in a clownball way.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I doubt it. Browns are going to need to score at least ten times as many points as Baltimore to win this one.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bold, but I like it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Congrats on the division win Browns.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

Congrats on the division win Browns.

1 drive.....Jesus lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

1 drive.....Jesus lol

Our pass coverage is unbelievably bad. And getting worse each week. Jimmy Smith won't matter. There are larger problems here than one missing player. Guys are wide open and coverage is nowhere near where it needs to be. This is every week now. Been happening since the Miami game and only getting worse.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
BROWNS

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

8-8 might take this division.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

why is tackling so hard how do u do it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Congrats on the Browns on being now and forever the champions of the AFC North.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

kings of literal poo poo mountain

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Everything is coming up Bengals!!!!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Probably Magic posted:

Thank you!!!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamar cant throw

Baker da gawd

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Ravens still trotting out a running back at QB?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Browns get Kareem Hunt in a month too.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Earl Thomas desperately needs some weeks off to rest or get in shape, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I've been saying for a while 7-9 could be enough