Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

SNL writers are reading the thread and enacting it on TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKrWUoTq4s

it's weird seeing an snl skit that actually sorta understands politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

EwokEntourage posted:

Kissinger looks loving terrible. Imagine living like that. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, except for Kissinger.

gently caress Kissinger

Kissinger is one of the horcruxes, and this takes a toll on your mortal husk. It's been hard on Cheney, too.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Look I don't see the issue, he was asking for just a favor. Some day, and that day may never come, he'll call upon Ukraine to do a service for him. But until that day Ukraine can accept his gift of continued aid.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
The part where she loses it and can't stop laughing is peak_US_journalism.mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKrWUoTq4s&t=297s

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

eke out posted:

more evidence lol:

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1178302939359784960

even jake tapper isn't letting people get away with this which is remarkable in and of itself

https://twitter.com/DNCWarRoom/status/1178300376988241921

nor is chris wallace (although, by default, chris wallace is better than tapper)

stop letting these scumbags come on the shows. If all they do is lie and obfuscate than why give them a chance to misinform people?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's weird seeing an snl skit that actually sorta understands politics.

There's a weird dichotomy in their writer's room because on the one hand they do things like this, or the Dave Chappelle sketch where he's mocking the liberals on election night etc, but then you have Kate McKinnon dressing as Hillary Clinton and singing a tribute to her with no irony so I don't know what the gently caress

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Nonsense posted:

All of the President's corruption which has been ignored up to now is suddenly in the spot light and it feels very interesting to see the media catch up to years of posters here and elsewhere posting things.

they knew that there was impropriety. They just wanted their tax cuts.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

They crave ratings and ad revenue like someone suffering from delirium tremens craves more vodka. If they tell these ghouls to gently caress off, said ghouls will spin it as partisan bias, a ton of nitwits will believe it, and down go the ratings and ad revenue.

Its abhorently bad for civil discourse... but like for profit news outlets give a poo poo.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Even well before these last couple of weeks I'd noticed that you never hear anything about Kushner, Ivanka or the dimwit brothers anymore. Did Trump actually figure out that the CHUD worship of him doesn't actually extend to his worthless brood, or did he have some kind of falling out with them?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm sure Miller is the guy cutting up Trump's coke lines for him in the morning.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1178318719455547395
https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1178320008637796352
https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1178319512158031872

Good to know that Graham has literally no argument other than screaming about hearsay and Biden

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
These seem like good numbers this early.

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1178318148304609282?s=19

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

It hasn't even been a week since this started to really sink in.

Hell, it hasn't even been a week since it really got started to begin with.

I imagine the plurality involved will be a majority soon.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Willo567 posted:

Good to know that Graham has literally no argument other than screaming about hearsay and Biden

Yeah seems like their strat is to deliberately confound impeachment with conviction

it will probably work too

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Zwabu posted:

Even well before these last couple of weeks I'd noticed that you never hear anything about Kushner, Ivanka or the dimwit brothers anymore. Did Trump actually figure out that the CHUD worship of him doesn't actually extend to his worthless brood, or did he have some kind of falling out with them?

Jr had an event with Kentucky's loathed Republican governor and no one turned up.

Ivanka had a brief thing because she wore a blue shirt with her nipples visible to the UN, which while amusing solely because there's always a tweet*, thankfully went unmentioned in this thread and shouldn't be discussed because it will inevitably turn creepy and sexist.

Eric announced an expansion of Trump's Scottish golf course (and therefore more corruption.)

Melania caught Barron vaping.

* https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/149589104168939520?l

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 29, 2019

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah seems like their strat is to deliberately confound impeachment with conviction

it will probably work too

That might explain why he was whining about there not being a full vote to start the inquiry. He wants to parade around pretending like the house already convicted Trump before getting evidence.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Shifty Pony posted:

That might explain why he was whining about there not being a full vote to start the inquiry. He wants to parade around pretending like the house already convicted Trump before getting evidence.

Nobody other than chuds believes that horse poo poo though.

I doubt it would work

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Worth pointing out: Most Americans are under the mistaken understanding that "impeachment" means "removal from office".

So like 40% of the public think he should be removed. Not just that he sucks, but that he sucks so bad that we should boot him.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

And already the Lavrov story has been forgotten about. If they don't investigate that as part of impeachment, they'll deserve what happens.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
What I'm amazed by is the fact that every Republican counter thus far has been something that will be resolved in a week or less. "We don't know who this whistleblower is?" They're going to testify this week. "It's hearsay." We'll likely get the transcript this week. Like, I'm not surprised that the Republicans can't long-term plan for poo poo, but every talking point is going to be resolved the moment the actual investigation gets rolling. What will they have after that?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What I'm amazed by is the fact that every Republican counter thus far has been something that will be resolved in a week or less. "We don't know who this whistleblower is?" They're going to testify this week. "It's hearsay." We'll likely get the transcript this week. Like, I'm not surprised that the Republicans can't long-term plan for poo poo, but every talking point is going to be resolved the moment the actual investigation gets rolling. What will they have after that?

the same points, but LOUDER

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hiro Protagonist posted:

They're trying to stall and hoping for something else to take over the news cycle just like has happened every single time with Trump for the past four (!) years and change.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
What happens if the impeachment is in process going into and after the 2020 election and Trump loses? Do they have to finish it in Congress or can they just kick the whole case over to a normal federal prosecutor?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. i haven't seen any real augments from him, scott,cruz or the house chuds other than that or her emails. its heartening in alot of ways.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

poo poo are we getting it this week possibly.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
WRT to Republican planning;

I don't think they really care if these questions get answered soon; it's about getting people to tune out before they learn more with nonsense before things proceed because it's all they have.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wilderthanmild posted:

What happens if the impeachment is in process going into and after the 2020 election and Trump loses? Do they have to finish it in Congress or can they just kick the whole case over to a normal federal prosecutor?

The impeachment process shuts down if the president leaves office. At that point they won't need to kick things over, there are a ton of investigations waiting for him to lose immunity already.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Get as many people to tune out as they can with nonsense before things proceed because it's all they have.

i mean i am just happy the MSN is actually making GBS threads on them for this bullshit instead of the usual bullshit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i am just happy the MSN is actually making GBS threads on them for this bullshit instead of the usual bullshit.

It helps a lot that the facts are plain as day

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

that too.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

WRT to Republican planning;

I don't think they really care if these questions get answered soon; it's about getting people to tune out before they learn more with nonsense before things proceed because it's all they have.

Yeah, they are throwing chaff. The idea is to confuse the politically disengaged, so that they think that accusing each other of corruption is just a thing that politicians do as part of their games, not something that you need to worry about.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I know Jake Tapper rightfully gets a lot of crap, but good on him here.

https://twitter.com/DrJasonJohnson/status/1178323549582434304?s=19

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Yeah the moment Trump leaves office and loses the protections it grants him NY DA James is gonna hand him his rear end in court. I got some of her mailers when she was running for DA and one of her main policy platforms was along the lines of INVESTIGATE AND TRY ALL THE TRUMPS FOR ALL THE CRIMES.

Ok maybe it was presented in a less direct way but that was the underlying message.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

theflyingorc posted:

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

The GOP is firmly in the pound the table stage.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
What the hell is the logic in having the whistleblower testify at this point? Right now the existence of a credible anonymous whistleblower is a huge threat to the GOP. Immediately after this testimony, the GOP is going to leak their identity so they can do everything they can to discredit them and bury the allegations. Why make it ten times easier for them?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

EwokEntourage posted:

Kissinger looks loving terrible. Imagine living like that. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, except for Kissinger.

gently caress Kissinger

It's always weird how fat he always looks while also looks like he's wasting away.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

There's a weird dichotomy in their writer's room because on the one hand they do things like this, or the Dave Chappelle sketch where he's mocking the liberals on election night etc, but then you have Kate McKinnon dressing as Hillary Clinton and singing a tribute to her with no irony so I don't know what the gently caress

That Kate McKinnon as Hillary Clinton singing thing done sincerely might be the funniest thing SNL has ever done.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ANIME AKBAR posted:

What the hell is the logic in having the whistleblower testify at this point? Right now the existence of a credible anonymous whistleblower is a huge threat to the GOP. Immediately after this testimony, the GOP is going to leak their identity so they can do everything they can to discredit them and bury the allegations. Why make it ten times easier for them?

It's always better to get people on the record

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It's always better to get people on the record

Then just file another complaint. The complaint is a record. Having their name attached to it doesn't help.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ANIME AKBAR posted:

they already know who it is or already have a really good idea in the white house

there are only so many people with subject-matter expertise about Ukraine at the CIA who are detailed to the NSC at any given time

the reason to testify is to find out anything else this person might know, and get names of everyone else involved that they need to also depose/subpoena on the record. the person's identity coming out is frankly inevitable

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ANIME AKBAR posted:

The whistleblower's complaint getting buried is its own, separate, scandal that deserves to see heads roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

they already know who it is or already have a really good idea in the white house

there are only so many people with subject-matter expertise about Ukraine at the CIA who are detailed to the NSC at any given time

the reason to testify is to find out anything else this person might know, and get names of everyone else involved that they need to also depose/subpoena on the record

is it an open thing or closed?