Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vandar posted:

Pat would just rather stream. He doesn't like more structured and edited stuff.

This is basically why SBFP died to begin with. Woolie is the only one who still wanted to do LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuE7fFMxPc4

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Someone made a Woolie style meter mod for DMC5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFbJPolkDLQ

https://twitter.com/DigitalJoshie/status/1178221049189560321?s=19

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

My only issue with this is that it doesn't have a YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH for SSS

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pat has ruined EVERYTHING

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
why

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Just in general.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat is a very...unique individual in his routine. He's in a spot where he can literally make his own schedule and not have to worry about keeping very specific timetables, so I can see why he doesn't wanna do LPs, which require you to be somewhere for X amount of time, so you can have Y episodes that need to be released Z times a week (with editing also being a concern). Streaming makes way more sense for him, he can pick up a random game because he feels like playing it and eventually finish it if he feels like finishing it.

Matt doesn't mind schedules as much but I think him not doing many LPs comes from a different place, he'd just rather release other content by himself. Woolie likes doing LPs so he kinda stuck to it, which was kinda surprising, honestly. I thought he was trying to do a Matt-like switch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does Pat even sell merch, I always felt like 99% of why sbf was a strong brand was because woolie and matt worked on everything outside of the LPs

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

What I find kinda weird with Woolie is that he seems way, way too busy relative to his output- I know a few weeks ago someone suggested that he record and release Astral Chain in big chunks so it didn't turn into a months-long thing, and Billy said that he only had 2 1/2 hours/week available to record, and his schedule was otherwise completely packed. He doesn't stream (as far as I know?), and the Podcast is only half a day, so I'm genuinely puzzled on what he spends most of his working time on unless he has a day job now (which is actually a good idea, because streaming/youtubing for a living seems absurdly stressful and awful).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Omi no Kami posted:

What I find kinda weird with Woolie is that he seems way, way too busy relative to his output- I know a few weeks ago someone suggested that he record and release Astral Chain in big chunks so it didn't turn into a months-long thing, and Billy said that he only had 2 1/2 hours/week available to record, and his schedule was otherwise completely packed. He doesn't stream (as far as I know?), and the Podcast is only half a day, so I'm genuinely puzzled on what he spends most of his working time on unless he has a day job now (which is actually a good idea, because streaming/youtubing for a living seems absurdly stressful and awful).

It's all exercise. You would not believe how much they cut out of Sylvester Stallone doing Rocky's exercises.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

Well Woolie also tries to run every morning and does boxing. I imagine doing that then chugging 40 gallons of RedBull a day is part of why he's unable to stay up more than 12ish hours without going zombie mode. Combine that with mostly working with people who are used to doing what they want when they want and it's probably super hard to ever get together to record.

Not saying I don't agree, though. Woolie often talks about no time for anything and how he spends so much time on his channel...... yet at the same time sounds like he's usually working on what's going to come out in the next 1-2 days without ever being ahead (blame Japan for some of that, too, though). It's probably a mix of the struggle of working everyone's weird schedule in to his own weird schedule.

I feel like he'd do a lot better if WoolieVs was actually.... Woolie videos with the occasional Woolie + friends stuff. Yet he seems to mostly only do videos with other friends. I remember subscribing to him because I thought he was going to do lots of stuff like the Kirby Lore videos and then maybe some solo LPs here and there.... instead, at this point, it's mostly like he's doing SBF where he replaced Matt and Pat with Minh and Reggie..... both of which I've never enjoyed him being with as much as the former.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Woolie's friends have the worst voices.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Tae posted:

Does Pat even sell merch, I always felt like 99% of why sbf was a strong brand was because woolie and matt worked on everything outside of the LPs

Pat and Woolie both have a single T-shirt of their channel logos on the Rooster Teeth store. This mostly saddens me because Woolie's other shirt designs were pretty badass and aren't currently available anywhere.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I have no idea what Woolie's doing nowadays or how much time he has to devote to videos but in years past it felt like he'd spend way too long thinking about things instead of doing them, and in the event that he'd finally do them but they didn't immediately take off in the precise manner he imagined he'd lose motivation and stop. Like, he was trying to be a full-on Max-style FGC guy for a minute and he was doing okay but once he slipped a little behind his self-imposed schedule he just gave up.

Even the self-deprecating jokes they'd make about Fighterpedia were weird because that show got insane views for what it was and it's hard to imagine what they're disappointed about.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I have no idea what Woolie's doing nowadays or how much time he has to devote to videos but in years past it felt like he'd spend way too long thinking about things instead of doing them, and in the event that he'd finally do them but they didn't immediately take off in the precise manner he imagined he'd lose motivation and stop.

This was basically the entire point of Woolie Will Figure It Out. That's the one thing from post-breakup SBFP that I've really enjoyed. I hope he ends up continuing it at some point.

Even the self-deprecating jokes they'd make about Fighterpedia were weird because that show got insane views for what it was and it's hard to imagine what they're disappointed about.

Early installment weirdness I guess. It's so different than most of what came later with SBFP and what they preferred to do that I guess they just didn't like it as much as the fans did.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
it's shitstorm season :smith:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Seems fitting that last year I went and rewatched all of them in addition to the ones debuting that October.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i think that's a running joke from some commentator not knowing what it was on-stream

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grouchio posted:

Remind me again why Pat and Woolie hate doing LPs together now?

Pat also hates Woolie's sense of direction.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

somepartsareme posted:

it's shitstorm season :smith:

Matt seems to have a lot in store for this month

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pat also hates Woolie's sense of direction.

What sense of direction :v:

Seriously though, it's probably more a scheduling conflict between the two, coupled with pat preferring streaming more than lping nowadays.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hell yes, Matt starting Clock Tower 3 with Liam.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

excited for this, that game is bonkers stupid

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh my god, pat is resetting FETH every time he forgets a weekly goal change

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

Clock Tower 3 is weird in that I hate it and love it at the same time for being dumb.

Unrelated, but with Shenmue 3 so close to release makes me wish the guys had made some videos for the previous games. Wonder if any of them is going to do a video or stream when 3 comes out.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't believe our boy Brennan Williams is now the godamn announcer of Monday Night Raw. I'm so proud of him. He's making anime real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdO8ZHZysbw

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They did two Yakuza lps :)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

He gets to suck really hard at a new facet of wrestling

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i never knew clock tower 3 was this rad

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's a pretty neat game really, it's also just really wonky.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This game is the beeeest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFp-4ZEx6g

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
did woolie or pat ever notice that caspar's voice is just eric sparrow

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm pretty drat sure one of the male character creation voices in Code Vein is Eric, like I heard one of the sample quotes and went wait, no way, then listened to more and it has to be him or a doppelganger.

EDIT: OH MAN, I GOOGLED IT AND IT IS HIM.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Untitled Woolie Game was a pretty good time. Minh making sure Woolie actually didn't overthink solutions worked out pretty well.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its weird that woolie does get into fighting games with only 3 folk he should consider bringing in a guest as the fourth

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

THe new Wha' Happun? on Silent Hill's HD collection was very enlightening. I had no idea just how deep a whole the studio was put into by Konami from the start. "Oh, the actual whole game code? Nah, sorry brah."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

somepartsareme posted:

did woolie or pat ever notice that caspar's voice is just eric sparrow

Woolie does not ever notice VAs unless point out to him otherwise

Pat was not on THUG LP nor would he recognize regardless since they don't know who Ben Diskin is regardless of the fact they looked up his imdb

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Didn't Pat or Woolie say on the latest podcast they'd be announcing something today? Or am I misremembering? I thought they said they had some big news or something to talk about but weren't ready to unveil it just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Not wild about Matt's one halloween game video a day slot still counting for Wha Happens

show me the spooky games!!